Old February 5, 2002, 16:11   #31
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 12:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Status of Protectorate/Dosi Alliance

The two Nations are allied because of a common Hatred of the Usurper Faction of the Progenitors. Twice in the past hundred years the Usurpers have attempted to invade the Dosi Homeworld of Barra'ka, believing it to be one of the Manifolds.* In MY2689, the Dosi Federation detected over two hundred Usurper vessels moving toward Barra'ka. Knowing the distaste the Protectorate had for the Usurpers, they offered a full alliance, and technology transfer, were the Protectorate to aid in repulsing the Invasion.

Lord Protector Ian sent the 3rd Fleet (over a Hundred Battleships, and similar numbers of crusiers and carriers) to aid in the defense of the Dosi Homeworld. After the attack was repulsed, full trade relations were opened up. Among the early results of the Tech transfer, the Dosi gave the Protectorate advance forms of Protein resequencers, while the Protectorate gave up the elusive recipe to Swedish Meatballs, the "most wonderful food in the known Galaxy".

In MY2691, the Dosi discovered a Usurper World in the Dalytron system, relatively undefended. Late that year, a combined Dosi-Protectorate invasion failed, resulting in the decision to use Mass drivers and heavy Particle Beams on the planet. Over 700 mil Progenitors died.**

Technology Transfer has continued, and a "Special relationship" has formed between the two Nations. With the transfer of Particle Beam Tech, and Nanotech hulls in MY2694, the two Starfleets now complement each otehr well.

* It isn't, although there is widespread growth of a Xenofungus similiar to that found on Chiron. The Caretakers tricked the Usurpers into thinking it's one.
** Later evidence suggests that the Progenitor world in the Dalyton system was not affliated with either the Usurpers, or the Caretakers.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2002, 06:14   #32
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Welcome to the World of Trees (Firaxis Prime)
The World of Trees orbits the star designated Firaxis, in the Borderlands region between the Drone Republic, the Spartan Federation, the Morgan Corporate Sector, and the Peacekeeping Forces. In the period following the launch of the Unity, the Pacific Space Colonization Agency despatched a mission to this star, believing the U.N. had put all humanity's eggs in one fragile basket. The World of Trees was found to be welcoming, suitable for human habitation with minimal terraforming. It has two satellites, known as the Blue and Red Moons for their distinctive colors. Neither moon is presently inhabited. The planet nearest the star is a small rocky world, Aeneas or Firaxis Secundus; it is inhabited by a small population of miners and geologists scattered across twelve settlements. Outside of the World of Trees are the two gas giants Romulus and Remus. In their area are gas collection facilities, mines, and scientific settlements.

For most of the last seven hundred years, the World of Trees was isolated from the rest of humanity. The survivors of Earth had only vague historical records of the mission, and no clue as to its success. Firaxis was rediscovered at last by a Spartan scout during the beginning of the Chironian space odyssey. Later, settlers from the Free Drone Republic, Morgan Interstellar, and the Peacekeeping Forces moved into Firaxis' region of space. As such, the long-isolated world soon found itself caught up in galactic-scale events. The government of the World of Trees agreed to allow Spartan and Drone vessels to dock and refuel there during the Bree conflict, and even sent some medical personnel to Sparta Prime in the difficult middle stages of the conflict. During the fiery standoffs between the Peacekeepers and Spartans, Firaxis' strong relations with both parties were severely threatened. The government walked the difficult line of neutrality, and the fighting ended with both diplomatic missions slightly bruised but very much intact.

Successive leaders after the war have attempted to exploit Firaxis' strategic location and natural wealth. Declaring the world a neutral open port in the late 27th century brought vastly increased wealth; the World of Trees has one of the highest gross national products of any of the independent Borderlands worlds. Isolationist elements of Firaxian society remain suspicious of the galactic capitalism of the Morgans and Drones, the military machine of the Spartans, and the humanitarian interventionism of the Peacekeepers; but most acknowledge that life on the World of Trees would be hard without the fleets of merchant ships gliding in and out of spaceport.

The World of Trees is a semi-democratic government, with an elected assembly chosen every five years. The leader of the majority party functions as Prime Minister, who assumes most of the day-to-day duties of government and holds veto power in legislative matters; and the Assembly chooses a President by majority vote, who makes many foreign policy and economic decisions, as well as symbolizing the unity and indivisibility of Firaxis. The current Prime Minister is Michael Hsiang, leader of the coporatist Pacific Party (retaining its name from the regions of Earth the Founding Fathers came from, including the Republic of California, the Kingdom of Seattle, the Japanese Commonwealth, the Empire of Great China, the Republic of Australia, and the Minangkabau Federation - though few contemporary citizens remember which parts of Earth these names refer to), and the President is Lisa Foster.

The major exports of Firaxis are minerals, hydrogen and noble and inert gases, and plant products grown on the World of Trees. Major imports include biotechnology and heavy machinery. The picturesque World of Trees is also home to a lucrative tourist industry.
Old February 13, 2002, 14:28   #33
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 11:50
Lonestar..... fix up your History Altair is still showing up, some odd mixups like, how did the Protectorate went exploring without FTL, unless they went STL? I also suggest to stop assuming and add information about other factions to and whats with so many ships??

Peackeepers

They are Democratic, and generally keep to themselves for the time being. No reason why Lal is still leader, especially in a democratic society! They are like the Federation now, but more militaristic a bit..... and have some good advancements.

Cyborgs

The only system they seem to control is Lalande 21185, which they don't allow other factions to enter... of course, impossible to keep completly keep out ships...but not many factions are interested in the system anyway, and prefer to leave the Cyborgs alone as they are not bothering them. Cyborgs is the ones who developed FTL Communications...and it is rumoured they developed a FTL Base Datalink Network, or Grid Network.. like how else they are still connected collectively via their MMIs? This day and age, they also look more like Cyborgs... or Good versions of Borgs instead of the usual Borg evil grotesque looking drones... and Cyborgs still have individuality, just connected collectivelly............ Because of their techs in FTL Communication, they are located all over the place, operating FTL Comm Stations and Arrays....they are like Comstar in Battletech in that regard....also have rumours that they are spying and intercept FTL Communications, but no faction can prove it... So the Cyborgs could have quite an Intelligence Database on all factions.

They have few ships, which are generally left alone by other factions. They also have science teams at various place like Tau Ceti and other places, looking for artifacts...even non technological ones. Hey, they keep themselves busy, doing something other factions generally don't.

Data Angels

integrated with the Pirate Faction, but have people all over human space. depsite lack of a military, territory and so on, they still are the Master Spies... they somehow maintain their faction in the background, maintaining a large Intelligence Network... factions tried eliminate them, but it is hard... like the Pirates, they are all over the place and sparse. Their survival is also because of the relatioship with the Pirates... as both factions depend on each other for many things.
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2002, 14:54   #34
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Lonestar..... fix up your History Altair is still showing up, some odd mixups like, how did the Protectorate went exploring without FTL, unless they went STL? I also suggest to stop assuming and add information about other factions to and whats with so many ships??

[

RE123, for those of us who have been following the Protectorate's description, is a brown dwarf system that is the closest to Beta Hydri. (app. 4 LY) At this time, the Protectorate had fusion drives that could attain 15% the speed of light, and that is how it was explored.

What's with so many ships? We're a honking Fascist state! We have a huge Military!
Old February 14, 2002, 11:19   #35
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

RE123, for those of us who have been following the Protectorate's description, is a brown dwarf system that is the closest to Beta Hydri. (app. 4 LY) At this time, the Protectorate had fusion drives that could attain 15% the speed of light, and that is how it was explored.

What's with so many ships? We're a honking Fascist state! We have a huge Military!
That is not a valid excuse! Read the reasoning at the Discussion thread.

-LMP
Old February 14, 2002, 14:20   #36
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

That is not a valid excuse! Read the reasoning at the Discussion thread.

-LMP
]

So, I'm guessing you didn't go back and check the military commentary before you started your b!tchfest?
Old February 15, 2002, 11:31   #37
Mellian
Queen

The ones in this thread? Yes

As for whatever you wrote in the Story Thread i haven't read yet, as i am not there! Yes, spend less time "*****ing" then reading the story
Old February 17, 2002, 13:09   #38
Sovereign
Prince

University?
I was wondering if I could join in this story thing? I like writing sci-fi stories, and seeing that no one has taken up University yet, is it still open for me to participate as University? Or is it too late in the story?

If I could do the University faction, I could make it easy on everyone not having to rewrite all their histories. I could say that the University is a secluded faction much like the Hive and Procterate. It focuses more on research than the military, so the University should be allowed at least a +1 or +1.5 rating in the technological scale, to be the most advanced human faction other than the Scions and be comparable to the Procterate. And has -1 or -1.5 in the military scale.

What do you think? I'd like to know if I can be approved to write about University faction or is it too late?

Hopefully I can write!
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2002, 13:42   #39
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:50
I am not sure whether the Uni is available or not, you see, a player has it reserved, but has not actually played for it. And I'd like to get the University in the game.
Please, shall we continue this at the discussion thread?
Old February 17, 2002, 16:13   #40
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 06:50
Re: University?
Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
I was wondering if I could join in this story thing? I like writing sci-fi stories, and seeing that no one has taken up University yet, is it still open for me to participate as University? Or is it too late in the story?

If I could do the University faction, I could make it easy on everyone not having to rewrite all their histories. I could say that the University is a secluded faction much like the Hive and Procterate. It focuses more on research than the military, so the University should be allowed at least a +1 or +1.5 rating in the technological scale, to be the most advanced human faction other than the Scions and be comparable to the Procterate. And has -1 or -1.5 in the military scale.

What do you think? I'd like to know if I can be approved to write about University faction or is it too late?

Hopefully I can write!
Ahh, so you've been reading our little collaboration? That's cool!
I think it would be cool if you joined in. But like Kass says, I think the University is reserved...but I'm not too sure. Sprayber is like the "Thread-God" so he might know.

But, yeah, I think you should join! Just post your intention/ideas/questions in the Discussion thread (cause that's where we usually check)

.....I think Yang would very much like to hear from his University friends again.....
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2002, 16:22   #41
Sprayber
Emperor

I sent Soverign a PM. I don't think Darkcloud is gonna be able to participate . We really need the University in things as well as the PKs. So welcome aboard Soverign.

I see that LMP and Lonestar has been spamming the sign in thread
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 01:58   #42
Sovereign
Prince

University timeline at last!!!!
University Timeline:

M.Y. 2100: Arrival of UNS Unity at Chiron.

November 11, 2123: An unexpected mindworm mass-attack at University main base. Zhakarov manages to command the troops to burn all the mind worms. Base secured and research data on mind-worms begins in hopes of better defenses.

August 8, 2177: First contact with another Chironian faction known as the Hive. Treaty of "Huddling of Peoples" signed, trade and technology sharing commences.

May 25, 2189: Hive requests University aid in recently developed University Neural Grafting (in response to Mind Worm Invasion of 2123) to facilite mind defense aganist mass mind boils. University agrees, "Better to save many rather than be secure in a few".

Feburary 3, 2192: Zhakarov narrowly avoids being killed in a sneak attack by Believers whose recon rover ambushed his envoy. Defenders fought bravely, but luck was on their side. Zhakarov and a dozen defenders escape. He forms an alliance with Hive to push away the Believers.

Jan 26, 2207: Zhakarov opens channels and contact with Morganites and Gaians. Morganite contact proceeds smoothly, business ventures supplements University research. Gaians took a dislike towards University's exploitation of the enviroment for technology gains.

April 12, 2234: University decides to supply Hive with basic vehicles and weapons to ensure its survival as a faction. Some Hive technologies were traded and more trading agreements coomenced.

July 2, 2241: Zhakarov has a son, named Randius.

December 25, 2267: The Christmas Incident. Two probe teams caught attempting to steal Doctrine Airpower technology. Probe teams were executed and the two responible factions, Spartans and Believers declared Vendetta. Thus begins the mortal enemy between University and Believers.

M.Y. 2268 ~ 2399: Prosperous times for University, technology and economy developed.

M.Y. 2400: The Great Chiron War breaks out with the other factions attempting to eradicate Hive. University decides to remain neutral, not wanting to lose trade with Morganites, but also long-standing friendship with the Hive. However, University secretly helped the some Hive citizens and administration to escape to Climatic Research. Unexpectedly Hive attacks! Sparta also took the advatange, and University requested aid from PeaceKeepers. Sparta brutually repelled with newly produced University Chaos guns and Silksteel armor.
Hive invasion halted after urgent communications from Hive troops to Yang detailing dead Spartan bodies strewn around near University Base with messages sprayed on the dead bodies "We shall never give in to these cold-blooded militarist bastards"

Late 2403: Zhakarov decides to pressure Peacekeepers and Morganites to try and sign truce to spare Hive. Zhakarov shelters Yang in his capital city until Hive holdings are reestablished and secured. Mutual apologizes over the Unexpected Attack! incident.

Octember 31 2407: Black Halloween. Assasination of Zhakarov by depised Believers. Randius succeeds and the whole University faction prounces Eternal Vendetta aganist Believers.

March 18, 2411: Randius decides to begin long term exodus from Chiron, for the security and well being of the University. University as a whole feels constrained and limited on Chiron, fighting over resources and territory. They felt that if they had a whole solar system to themselves, they could have optimal development. Industries are told to begin preparing for a Free-Market economy to help faciliate space-technology developments. Other factions were unaware of University true purpose of Free Market.

Novemeber 24, 2416: Randius was proud to declare that University had finally rediscovered space-flight technology and applications for Project Exous would commence.

June 13, 2420: Randius decides to share spaceflight with Hive, seeing that Hive wants to move off-world as well. Phase I completed: First Space-Dock completed for Phase II of Exodus. University relocates their headquarters off world to the newly built Space Station Centarus with Space-Dock nearby. Finds out of the way planet to continue research. They maintain relations with Morganites and Peacekeepers, hoping for the best.

April 3. 2421: Exodus completed. 10 Colony ships set out for the Great Unknown. Contact with all factions terminated. All University holdings on Alpha Centauri self-destructed, and Electromagentic pulses to purge all technological data from computers Chiron-side. Colony fleet enters exprimental unique FTL stream, encounters Side-Space and is catapulted foward towards Univeralis and Nova Prime. Knowledge of Side-Space remains confidential until apporiate technologies can be developed to harness it. No Side-Warp capabilities for centuries.

M.Y. 2422 ~ 2544: Constant colonization, exploration and expansion of the three star systems, free of alien and human influences. Serious building of infracstructure and cities, as well as monorails, factories, and power plants.

September 18, 2545: University sends newly developed cloaked scouts to check out status on Chiron. Finds Hive absent, the other factions preparing to leave. Doesn't engage in diplomacy, fearing reprisals for aiding the Hive in Great Chiron War.

December 31, 2564 - Jan 1, 2565: The Resolution Debates. Randius holds a public debate whether to develop some military. Everyone agreed that University will build extensive defenses of the three home-systems to prevent invasion and snoopers.

June 22, 2575: Tachyon Energy and Fields is discovered. Has multiple applications, from military lasers to power plants, medicine, and terraforming. Tachyon Beams, sensors, and protective fields become reality.

May 17, 2677: Matter Compression is discovered. University applies this to Neutronium hulls, Neutronium based mining equipment, and Neutronium pellets to be used to pierce enemy vessels at extreme speed, causing extensive "shotgun style" damage with Xaos Smart-Missiles.

April 3, 2699: Randius decides to seek out the other factions to attempt to glean further research data and awareness of the Galaxy. Emphasis is placed on discovery of Morganites and Hive in light of past good relations on Chiron. No fear of reprisals due to huge defensive gridwork constructed and augmented with modern Neutronium hulls, Xaos Swordfish Ballistic Missiles, and Tachyon beams.

M.Y. 2700: Story begins into the truly great Unknown.

Last edited by Sovereign; February 19, 2002 at 19:10.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote