Old November 15, 2001, 22:22   #91
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 16:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by yavoon
u are worse than politicians, I get called lying for a post consisted entirely of me giving my opinion. no wonder you have to keep posting to defend yourself, you need some real defending.

if they release a patch, i will play that. I am in this for the strategy, and the empire building "feeling" not for a simulation of warfare, or of democracy. cuz to ask for nething else would be hypocritical as a real simulation would be no fun wutsoever. ur harping on points that are moot in civ3's world. like vel sed, its not civ2, and u hate that. somewhere along the line realism and "its not like civ2" became synonymous.
Rather than go on an in-depth analysis of your idiocy, I thought I'd rather bold some of the more "special" parts of your well articulated response.

K um thX 4 da civ3 U iz so mean u politicianz dar
Old November 15, 2001, 22:26   #92
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:52
let me say it again, since no one seems to be getting it.

There is a lot of flaming going on here. To be honest, that's just not cool. We're all here as mutual fans of a game. If we can't express our opinions politely, with respect for the other opinions here, then why express them at all? Why put good hours into apolyton? And, even more, why expect the other side to respect your opinion? This seems to be the basic failing of everyone (both sides) in this argument.

I take a very middle line view -- yes, some stuff needs to be fixed. No, slamming everyone else into the dirt will not help. No, the game is not perfect. No, the game is not a failure (yet). Yes, I have hopes for a patch that will fix some stuff. No, I don't think I'm going to go hire an assassin and kill someone. No, I don't think that complaining (a bit) is out of place. Yes, I do think that the hundreds of flame-threads are getting out of hand. Yes, this is starting to make me enjoy Apolyton less.

I think we have all lost grasp of something -- these forms are for discussion of the game. If you go over to the strategy forums, you'll find a lot of people just talking about the game -- not what the game should be, or why the world is messed up, or why we don't all dance on our heads and sing with joy -- I think that the entire forums should be more like this.

I don't plan on taking sides in this issue. To be honest, I've got better things to spend my time on. There is one person who I do think, however, gets the tip of my hat -- Vel, as every one of his posts has been consistently non-aggressive. No matter what he's been saying, his posts have not been angry-sounding, aggressive, or a personal attack. This I admire. As so many people are attacking him I appreciate his restraint, and commend it. Before anyone starts to flame ME let me restate something -- I commend Vel for his non-aggressive and easygoing stance, not for what he's saying. To be honest, I don't care about what he's saying, I just want to acknowledge his relative restraint.

PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING: There are only two names in this thread. That is my name, and Vel's name. Therefore I don't expect to be slammed for attacking ANYONE, as I did not attack myself, and I did not attack Vel, and did not allude to some mysterious third party. As we're all rational people here, I trust everyone to understand this.

My two bits... Cheers and happy civving (or gaming, if you will) to all!

-- adaMada

EDIT: Spell checked this time .
Old November 15, 2001, 22:36   #93
n.c.
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Perhaps you should re-read your 'Whining about the Whiners thread'
I was thinking about bumping it for a few people on this thread. Seems like there are still some people suffering from the "no-Santa Claus" syndrome.

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Vel, as every one of his posts has been consistently non-aggressive. No matter what he's been saying, his posts have not been angry-sounding, aggressive, or a personal attack.
I agree that he has not been agressive. However, I hope that you do not begrudge me a critique of his post. Aggression is not the only criteria.
Old November 15, 2001, 22:54   #94
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by n.c.
I agree that he has not been agressive. However, I hope that you do not begrudge me a critique of his post. Aggression is not the only criteria.
I only say that the flames/personal attacks should stop. As to the arguement, I could honestly care less . As long as there's no anger...

-- adaMada
Old November 15, 2001, 23:08   #95
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka

blablabla
Build another tank.

Get a thicker skin. Don't be such a baby. You sound like someone who never learned to fight.
Old November 15, 2001, 23:14   #96
yavoon
Warlord

wow zylk, thats the saddest thing I've seen in a while. a true sign of a defeated opponent is when he mocks ur use of shorthand.
Old November 15, 2001, 23:15   #97
Zylka
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GP

Build another tank.

Get a thicker skin. Don't be such a baby. You sound like someone who never learned to fight.
Wow. That was a witty and well thought out response. The lack of effort shows how little room for argument you actually have, chump.

No, I never learned to fight - rather just to beat the sh*t out of the opposition until they can't even move. Your lack of response proves this
Old November 15, 2001, 23:18   #98
Zylka
King

Quote:
Originally posted by yavoon
wow zylk, thats the saddest thing I've seen in a while. a true sign of a defeated opponent is when he mocks ur use of shorthand.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHA that's it??? That wasn't "shorthand" - you simply can't spell, and have some of the worst sentence structure I've ever seen. I wasn't insulting your laziness, just your natural stupidity
Old November 15, 2001, 23:23   #99
yavoon
Warlord

oh yah, I can't spell you, so I use u instead? do u think when u type, or does wutever that comes out good enuff for u? are u so worried about insulting me properly that ne rational thought as to the validity of ne of the **** that u say is completely thrown out the window?

if u were arguing on my side, I'd tell u to switch sides, u do more damage to those u argue for.
Old November 15, 2001, 23:26   #100
Zylka
King

AHAHAHAHHAHA Seriously, my man! Just read aloud the first sentence of your post:

U ARE WORSE THAN POLITICIANS, I GET CALLED LYING FOR A POST CONSISTED ENTIRELY OF ME GIVING MY OPINION.
Old November 15, 2001, 23:30   #101
Zylka
King

Tehehehe
Would any of the civ3 defenders mind if I use this yavoon fellow to generalize your arguments?
Old November 16, 2001, 00:38   #102
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

Wow. That was a witty and well thought out response. The lack of effort shows how little room for argument you actually have, chump.

No, I never learned to fight - rather just to beat the sh*t out of the opposition until they can't even move. Your lack of response proves this
I've already made all the major points...I was shifting to a personal attack...
Old November 16, 2001, 00:55   #103
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

::sigh:: Another thread devolves into flames and personal attacks. Well....it was fun while it lasted....I'm going to bed. I'm glad those of you who saw the thread for what it was got a chuckle, and again, apologies to those who did not.

And by the way, thank you, adaMata....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old November 16, 2001, 00:59   #104
Zylka
King

Re: Broken Beyond Repair....:(
Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx

Yep…it’s NOT a perfect game, but I genuinely believe that the people who keep saying to us all that corruption and the combat system are broken are the same crowd that can no longer run around with half a dozen tanks abusing the AI….

IMO, That’s what Civ2’s for….

-=Vel=-
Yep. It was just a silly and harmless post meant to get a few CHUKL3Z#@$ from y'all, not to provoke argument. No fingers were pointed.

Old November 16, 2001, 01:33   #105
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:52
I'm leaving this thread as well

If it makes you feel any better Zylka, you won your little argument

civ3 sucks

I have to concede because your posts are too hard to read. I can't understand what you are trying to say about my spiritwalking. You don't seem to know what that means anyways (its a reference to something you haven't heard of).

I'm just not smart enough for this thread I'm just a very stupid person that likes to play civ3.
Old November 16, 2001, 01:36   #106
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Guys chill out......wait for MP.

I tried telling all you idiots before the game was realeased about inherint flaws. But most of you called me an ass and bought into the Bullshit coming from Firaxis.

You deserve what you got.....

(wait for MP)
Old November 16, 2001, 03:33   #107
Zylka
King

I'm petty.
*Shuffles a little "I win" jig*
Old November 16, 2001, 07:14   #108
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 17:52
Quote:
::sigh:: Another thread devolves into flames and personal attacks. Well....it was fun while it lasted....I'm going to bed. I'm glad those of you who saw the thread for what it was got a chuckle, and again, apologies to those who did not.
Oooops Vel, seems to me that the valiant strategist did a tactical error

If I was in your shoes, for now I'd have raised a bad feeling like
"Wait, I pushed only that button because I was curious and looking for fun noise... I really never meant to order the whole starship start self-destruction sequence... No, really."

BTW I have that doubt: to read more of your great game strategies suggestion, while I wait the patch before to buy Civ III, or to avoid it because you made so great suggestion you spoiled the game for me
I suppose it's better to have choice, but sometimes I'm not sure!
"We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
- Admiral Naismith
Old November 16, 2001, 10:25   #109
PGM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GP
Is PGM the same guy who's sarcasm meter was broken in my thread??
GP: I believe you're a bit confused.
Old November 16, 2001, 13:43   #110
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Re: I'm petty.
Quote:
*Shuffles a little "I win" jig*
Not yet...I still need to roast you over the coals for never having done any real fighting...
Old November 16, 2001, 13:43   #111
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by PGM

GP: I believe you're a bit confused.
It was a "yes or no" question.
Old November 16, 2001, 13:44   #112
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

And by the way, thank you, adaMata....

-=Vel=-

It was good, Velo...
Old November 16, 2001, 13:46   #113
Zylka
King

Re: Re: I'm petty.
Quote:
Originally posted by GP

Not yet...I still need to raost you over the coals for never having done any real fighting...
Oh.
Old November 16, 2001, 13:48   #114
zapperio
Warlord

"This might make it more interesting."
[hands a can of gasoline to GP]

Zap
Old November 16, 2001, 13:53   #115
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Thanks guy! Glad you got a laugh or two out of it before the thread went to...heck...lol

I'm just sorry it wasn't appreciated by all....the majority, it seems, but not all.

As to my restraint...hey....the fact is, at the end of the day, I consider most of the people who post here to be my buds. And on the O.T., n.c. and I have a pretty long history of fighting on the same side of most battles and I consider him a friend. In debates where we've been on the same side, I've felt *completely* at ease and confident with trusty n.c. watching my back, and I hope he has the same impression of me.

In any case, I'm not inclined to flame anybody here, even if we disagree, and even if those disagreements begin to take on the overtones of a personal attack because I value those friendships....besides, there are more than enough people here and IRL who would love the opportunity to burn me at the stake, so I can vent my frustrationsn in their general direction....

Of course, like everybody, I guess I do have my limits, so I prolly should say I've never flamed, or never would....but as a general rule...nahhh....I've got fairly thick skin.

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old November 16, 2001, 19:09   #116
n.c.
Emperor

Vel- I have always had a high opinion of you. That's the main reason I weighed in- disappointment. But I'll get over it.
Old November 19, 2001, 05:04   #117
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 18:52
vel
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.