Old November 16, 2001, 18:36   #31
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 13:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
*points at Felch X*

deeeeeeeeeeeeeee-elllllllllllllllllllll!!!!

Old November 16, 2001, 19:00   #32
n.c.
Emperor

Local Time: 11:53
Quote:
Originally posted by CyberShy
I wonder why you do'nt project this on the opposite side
Here's a hint: it's not my opinion. I am sorry to hear that it's yours. Regardless, I am not sure that anyone fits either description.

Quote:
Originally posted by dainbramaged13
GRRR I HATE THESSE STUPID THREADS!!!!!
if you dont like them, dont go to the ot, man!
Or if you don't like them, there is a way to avoid reading them. Step one is not clicking on the title.

Asher- "Maybe we saw the point?"
Then you should avoid comments that indicate otherwise.

-"a negative reaction to the game."
So that justifies personal attacks?

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to come in here and spam your opinions constantly?
Why do you care? So much so that you insult us and say shut up? We are upset and want the game to be better.

First CyberShy proives my point about the insulting nature of these cmments and then you perfectly demonstrate the "no-Santa Clause" syndrome I described on my explaination thread a few days ago. This is great!
Old November 16, 2001, 19:46   #33
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:53
It seems this thread has gone on a tagent that is no were near the orginal topic of the thread. The guy just wants people to tell him what they like about the game, I dont see what is so hard about that.

Well back to the topic. Civ3 is really fun, at least I think so. You have to think to win the game. That is why I dont really like rts, no thinking involved, then again there is no time to think when you are playing rts. Anyway one thing I like about Civ3 is that the resource system in the game. You need specific resources to build certain units, and you can trade for these resource as well. The deplomicy system is greatly improved over Civ2. You can sell, buy, trade cities. Trade tech, Trade workers, trade resources. You can form milltary alliances, and a host of other agreements.

I also like the new AI. Much better than Civ2, hands down. The computer expands fast and attacks in massive numbers and will try to flank your forces and avoid fighting in fights it has a low chance of winning. There are lots of ways to win the game too.

One thing though before you play is that you should trade tech with the computer, by trading tech I have gotten lots of money this way (1200 gold per turn, 16000 in the bank). I also like how your army is supported through gold and not by city with production.
Old November 16, 2001, 19:58   #34
TheHobbit
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:53
n.c. go away and don't post again, I dont care if I'm insulting you and I don't care if I'm wrong. It's obvious noone wants you around by the way a lot of people have been reacting. Go away, you bloodsucking attorney. No offense to any other attorneys, but hes an insult your occupation and the human race. n.c. if you post make it positive and stop picking out peoples opinions and putting them down. You act like you live just to put people down and noone likes a stuck up human, especially one who won't leave things be! I try to be nice but your really really good at bringing out the worst in people.

Jack_www thanks, I really can't wait to get civilization 3, I have one turn based game thats older and it's called East Front and I find it to be a lot of fun. But it doesn't have nearly the scope or possibilitys Civ3 has, not even close! Come on Christmas.
Old November 16, 2001, 21:29   #35
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by n.c.
-"a negative reaction to the game."
So that justifies personal attacks?
Doesn't seem to be stopping you.
And calling people whining 'whiners' isn't a personal attack. If you don't like being called it, maybe you should stop whining?

Quote:
Why do you care? So much so that you insult us and say shut up? We are upset and want the game to be better.
Again: If you stop whining I guarantee it people won't call you a whiner.
And I care because every time I come to these boards, I need to avoid WAY TOO MUCH spam, all about how someone thinks Civ3 sucks, etc.

Quote:
First CyberShy proives my point about the insulting nature of these cmments and then you perfectly demonstrate the "no-Santa Clause" syndrome I described on my explaination thread a few days ago. This is great!
If only everybody could be so blind. It's like the old addage: "If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic."

Quote:
Gee Asher, you're right. The next time a frigate sinks one of my nuclear subs (AGAIN) I'll just smile and be a good sport about it. I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my critisms in the past.
Hey, maybe this is why Civ3 came with an editor to change that from the start? That's what I did, changed my stats to make a balanced game. You'd be amazed what you can do when you're not preoccupied whining on the Poly Civ3 forums.
Old November 16, 2001, 23:06   #36
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:53
Quote:
Originally posted by n.c.
GP- TheHobbit didn 't seem to catch on. In fact, the only one who I know did are you and d_dudy. Folks like Alexnm, CyberShy, Asher and Earthling7 clearly missed the point. Maybe you can explain the concept of insults and time sequence to them.
He caught on just fine. He didn't agree with it...but that's another story.
Old November 17, 2001, 09:31   #37
n.c.
Emperor

Local Time: 11:53
Quote:
Originally posted by TheHobbit
You act like you live just to . . . .
So how exactly did I put you down? Seriously! (Of course, after that last post there is 0 stpping me.)

BTW, how is it that you "have been watching over these forums for a long time" "just want[ing] to hear positive things about the game" and apparently skipped the oter 4-5 Civ III forums? Calling you a dl is giving you credit for not being a bonehead.

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Doesn't seem to be stopping you.
Here we go with insults and time sequence again! Try to pay attention.

-"calling people whining 'whiners' isn't a personal attack."
Then what is is? A constructive response to critisism? Defending the game that you so dearly love?

Is is an insult, whether you like it or not. It's usually the least of the insults we see from the Firaxis fundies.

-"I need to avoid WAY TOO MUCH spam"
Boo hoo for you. Imagine that, lots of random comments on the "General" forum.

-"If only everybody could be so blind."
The only ignorance is people like you being in denial as to the real reason for attacking the "whiners."
Old November 17, 2001, 10:27   #38
TheHobbit
Chieftain

What the....
n.c your a very lucky person. If ignorance is bliss you must be one darn happy person!