Old November 16, 2001, 00:17   #1
Turnipshooter
Settler

Local Time: 16:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How do i play a MP game
Hahahaha iv had SMAC for as long as its been out and never found this site...man i want in a MP game so bad....ill most likely suck but i learn pretty fast.

How do i get in a hotseat game?
Old November 16, 2001, 00:34   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54
Turnipshooter:

I bumped the sign-up thread for the touney games (Here's the URL in case it disappears quickly):

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&goto=lastpost

Also, keep your eyes open here for players wanting a game, or replacements wanted - it's not hard to get into a few games pretty quickly

Googlie
Old November 16, 2001, 01:54   #3
Turnipshooter
Settler

ohh hey one thing ....i never bought alien cross fire....iv been to most every game shop in Phoenix and i cant find it ither....can i still play peeps who have the expansion?
Old November 16, 2001, 10:28   #4
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54
TS:

There are quite a few players with SMAC only (these tourney games in the Multiplayer Forum have the ACT label - versus AXT for SMAX matches) - just make sure you have the patches installed (hit Ctl and F4 simultaneously while in the game - that'll tell you what version you have)

v 4.0 is the latest. If you have anything earlier, visit the Apolyton Alpha Centauri downloads page and get the update patches

There have been a few threads over time as to where one can get alien crossfire - with 'Poly's search engine disabled for the time being it's not a slam dunk to find the threads, but I'll browse and bump the latest for you - they'll be in the General Forums pages rather than the Multiplayer, so go there.

The bad news is that only one or two stores (not store chains, just individual stores) in the country have it now

Cheers,

G.
Old November 16, 2001, 12:30   #5
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 11:54
If nowhere else, you can get SMAX on eBay, although you might end up paying more than you thought you wanted to spend. I just looked over there and there were 3 listed (under "Alien Crossfire" - you might find others under "planetary pack", "Sid Meier", "Alpha Centauri", . . . ); one auction was almost over and the price was at $52 (+$6 shipping); the other two were just getting started at about $10 and $20.

Good Luck
Old November 16, 2001, 18:40   #6
Turnipshooter
Settler

Well hey if someone wants to send me a burned copy of alien crossfire ill mail ya back like $21....dont have a Credit card or bank account so Ebay isnt an option

email me if you would do so turnips@qwest.net