Old November 16, 2001, 21:54   #1
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 10:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
connorkimbro's very short review.
here's the bottom line for you folks that havn't gotten the game yet.

there are a few things that need patched. these things SHOULD be easy to patch, and if firaxis has a brain, they'll be patched. apart from that, the game is, quite simply, alot of fun. if you don't like SP, then wait until MP comes out. Or just don't buy it at all. Lots of people loved Unreal, Quake, etc. . but as good as those games may have been, you'd have never found them on my computer. If that's the case for you with civ3, that's fine. But for those who like TBS games, single player, and who don't mind a few things needing patched (that probably will be patched very soon) then go out and buy the game, because you'll have alot of fun with it, i know that I am. After the patch(es) it will be even better. After MP, it will be EVEN better. SO, wait for whatever you need to wait for to enjoy the game, and then, enjoy the game.

oh yes, my grade of the game.
Right now i'd give the game 7/10. If they fix the few problems with the interface and the few bugs, the game bumps up to 9/10.

(there are still a FEW things that i just don't like about the game, rather minor things, that i'd change, that i DON'T expect to be fixed in a patch. no way to rush wonders, for example, or what i consider to be a few government types missing. these are design decisions that i disagree with, not bugs. hence, the POSSIBLE 9/10, if all the right things get patched. )

-theonion.com

Last edited by connorkimbro; November 16, 2001 at 22:00.