Old November 17, 2001, 20:13   #1
Zoetstofzoetje
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A few new bugs
Found some new ones

-When you eliminate any opponent during your golden age it seems to reset some kind of trigger (a new era??), the "golden age" seems to disappear just next to the tech you're researching, but when it -should- end it will give you a notice that it ended. I haven't checked if the golden age bonuses still worked as I thought I had just missed the resp. box telling me that it would have ended.

-I have a size 12 city, men only, and I still can't build the rainbow/pink-elephant wonder! Outrageous! where do babies come from daddy?

-One of the larger cities I had conquered early on in a game, which was quite far from the last remaining city of that (and any)particular civ (like, 20-30 squares or so) defected and joined his "mighty empire"! Unbelievable!

-I can see why the KeepRes=x was kept out of the .ini which came with the game Loads of bugs with this one, don't get me started

-Bug or feature: You can exit any conversation with a civ by pressing the "long" Enter next to your keypad. Theoretically, I would then be able to declare war on a civ by attacking one of it's units, and still be able to talk with him. Haven't tried it out though, will do so in the near future. (-edit- it doesn't work! yay!)

-When you lose a resource, you will still be able to complete any unit which requires it in a city which is still building it.

-Let's say I put most of my military units on one side of my empire. I have twice as many as my rival, on the other side of the empire, at the other side of the border. Still, he will not attack me, even though it would take me at least 15 turns to get there. AI's decisions are strongly influenced by some kind of internal statistic mechanism, which the player does not have access to, making the AI extremely easy to manipulate.

- I believe I found a remnant of the multiplayer portion (which they took out of the game?)! In the foreign advisor screen, there are some kind of "stoplights" next to their pictures. I believe I've read allies would have "green light" in a multiplayer game to play simultaniously. Thus, yellow is "on hold" and green would be "is playing right now". Red would obviously mean "dead". I can but bid my eternal gratefulness to the first haxor to unleash (at least) hotseat capabilities! (-edit- so maybe not? well, a man can hope... a man can hope...)

-I was unable to build the Hanging Gardens in a particular city even though no other city in my empire was building it! It was the city which I moved my new capital to, maybe that has got something to do with it. Any other city was able to build it, and doing so, and switching back did not have any effect on the city which could not build it. If anyone wants the savegame, tell me your e-mail address.

-As I've said before, enemy units are very fond of workers and will capture them even though it will either put them in a bad position or are unable to (realistically) ever bring them back to their own empire.

-Zsz

Last edited by Zoetstofzoetje; November 18, 2001 at 10:02.
Old November 17, 2001, 21:01   #2
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 09:00
Re: A few new bugs
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje
-When you lose a resource, you will still be able to complete any unit which requires it in a city which is still building it.
Finishing building current units in production without the resource is fine - one makes the sword, then loses the iron, then trains the swordsmen. If you mean you are still able to make future additional "swordsmen" from the same city without iron... then that would be a bug. Otherwise it requires additional programming that slows the game down more for a trivial issue.
Old November 17, 2001, 21:15   #3
Sevorak
Warlord

Local Time: 17:00
The little yellow dots next to the pictures mean, so far as I can tell, "Have an Embassy with". Appears to be the same yellow dot that appears in the centre of their capital's star.

-Sev