Old November 18, 2001, 06:38   #1
mintaka_au
Settler

Local Time: 17:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bombers do not work...
Hi

I don't want this to be too much of a rant, and I am wrong, someone please tell me (politly!), but...

Stealth Bombers can't sink ships. The ships get down to thier last health point, then when I get the next bomber ready to deliver the coup de gra the game refuses to let me bomb it. I have to send a Battleship or Destroyer to finish it off. As anyone who has studied the Pacific in WW2 will atest, planes CAN sink ships. Note to Faraxis, planes CAN SINK ships. Coral Sea, Pearl Harbour, Midway are just some of the examples of sea battles when the main fleets never saw each other. The damage and SINKING (sorry, but I expected better) of ships was done by carrier aircraft.

I can understand why a bomber can't totally destroy a land unit, as it rarely happens. But, aircraft CAN and DO sink ships! Fraxis please fix ASAP!!!

Other than that:

-The AI is much harder - Good
-Resources - Dissapointing. I was looking forward to the feature, but it is such a game breaker (who ever fought a war aver something as common as Aluminium!?!?)
-Interface - very minimal and I feel it will be good when I get used to it, but there should be a File Edit windows type drop down menu bar for beginers.
-Auto workers - dumb as ever, so back to managing them manually - painful in big games.
- No units linked to cities -Yes - The whole empire sopports the units - as in reality.
- No Celts!!! - Boo Hoo (guess I will just have to use the editor!)
- Map Editor - Can't understand all the grumbling about it on the boards - seems good to me.

I may put in a further 2 cents later if anyone is interested.

Thank you for letting me go on.

Damien

"Swark, flip flip, Honk, HOnk!" - Swark - Conversations with Penguins.
Old November 18, 2001, 07:12   #2
Wrong_shui
Warlord

Local Time: 17:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yeah this has been mentioned.

Bombers arnt attacking they are bombarding and you cant bombard units to death, which is retarded but im not gonna go on about it, its been disscussed to death already.