Old November 18, 2001, 14:59   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 17:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Chrion Chronicle: Discussions (5)
New Members are free to join at any time.

The Following Factions are taken:

Hive
University
Spartans
Gaians
Morganites
Pirates
Peacekeepers
Data Angels
Believers
Cyborgs???

(I think that is all since Cyber and Bearcat left)

Thus: open

Aliens
Free Drones
Cult of Planet
Old November 18, 2001, 15:24   #2
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:02
Aliens are open, eh? Hmmmm...let me think about it...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2001, 15:35   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

we'd be glad to have you- if you want to know what is likely going to happen, the game thread for 2220 is a quick summary- and LMP has certain plans for the aliens, some land on the Isle of Deidreana and the others land on another island- I am sure you could take control of one or both of the alien tribes
Old November 18, 2001, 17:05   #4
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:02
We'd be glad you have you History Guy
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2001, 12:20   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

OK, well then sure. I've never done any AC writing before, but I've done other writing, and have been called a good author.
Old November 19, 2001, 16:07   #6
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:02
As long as you have SMAC, everything's fine. And I would bet that you could manage this even without it.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2001, 16:35   #7
History Guy
King

Yeah, I've got SMAC and SMAX. One thing I'd like to ask is: will the Betrayer play much of a role in Chiron Chronicles? By the Betrayer I mean the alien (presumably) who everyone in SMAX seems to refer to (i.e. the Betrayer & I).
Old November 19, 2001, 16:44   #8
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

"Betrayer"?
You don't mean "Progenitor", do you? I think you do, in which I think that the answer to your question is, that of course, they will be a hoot more advanced then the humans, and will try to make alliances to get rid of each other. So, it'll definitely be a big change to the everyday life of Chiron.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2001, 18:04   #9
History Guy
King

Actually, no, I did mean Betrayer. For example, there are some quotes for new techs that mention how the humans wouldn't be able to stand against the Progenitors if it were not for the Betrayer. The one that comes immediately to mind is a "quote" from Cha Dawn's "The Betrayer and I", where he thanks Planet for sending them the Betrayer to teach them about the Progenitors.
Old November 19, 2001, 20:30   #10
DarkCloud
staff

hmm... I don't know- unless the Betrayer is related to the Caretaker's/Progenitors leader or is an ally of them- no. bUt if the Betrayer works towards the interests of his leader and faction, then I believe the RPG element will be greatly enhanced by his presence.

I am not sure he would fit in with the story too much- he seems as if he is too much a wild card- my stance is that the Betrayer does not need to be in the game; because the absence of his presence allows the factions to discover the aliens' languages on their own.
Old November 20, 2001, 01:25   #11
Sprayber
Emperor

I think it would be a cool element into game, but thats just me. Maybe the humans can learn the alien language by themselves but we still got a lot of tech ground to make up. It could give the cult something cool to do, but then Cyber is MIA so maybe not such a good idea.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 20, 2001, 15:25   #12
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Ah, me and my memory. If you say "Betrayer" and "Progenitor" quickly one after another, you mix them up. Or at least I do.
I think that the Betrayer is a single Progenitor, or a small group of them, but definitely not a faction.
Old November 20, 2001, 16:34   #13
History Guy
King

Yeah, I had the impression that the Betrayer was one single tusk-faced Progenitor.
Old November 20, 2001, 21:37   #14
DarkCloud
staff

Hmmm... This brings up the problem- who controls the Betrayer?

The CoP, the Progenitors, or is he a shared personality?
Old November 20, 2001, 23:33   #15
[LordLMP]

the Betrayer is quite a good idea I was thinking in having the Caretakers to learn the human language....as they would get a better access to captured humans then proginators captured by humans.... hey, the Proginators initially won a lot of battles.....

can make it like Battletech..........Houses, etc... fight among themselves..... Human Factions fighting among themselves or not on Chiron.... Clans arrive, initially capturing periphery worlds.... Proginators crash land on Chiron, both factions at two seperate locations and don't know that they both survives right away. proginators start to iniatially make first contact with humans and eliminate them, then overrunning some mines, farms, etc....Clans then start their blitz like invasion of the innersphere, with superior technology....proginators start invading and capturing secondary human bases.....Clans stop their lightning invasion after their defeat at turkayid...proginators' blitz end due to land limitations...reaching the sea, etc..... the worlds the Clans captured is plagued of rebellion, resistance, guerilla warfare, etc...proginators, especially the Usurpers, have problems with human guerillas....a clan does a deep raid into the Lyran Alliance....Usurpers and Caretakers both go straight for the Manifold Nexus, meaning University of Planet gets invaded. a joint force of University, Data Angels, Morganites, Cyborgs, and others eventually fight them off the Central Continent.....Trent of Smoke Jaguar decides to defect to the Innersphere, especially after some rotten luck with a$$hole commanders and favouritism. Trent eventually meets the leaders of innersphere at joint meeting.....the Betrayer, a Usurper, decides to defect to the humans. he succeeds in escaping Deianira and away from his faction, with some help, with data files of proginator tech and so on. Eventually goes to Planetary Council Base to meet the leaders... because of this, for the first time in history, Cha Dawn comes to PCB to meet this Betrayer.... (will stop using battletech examples, which is similar to what i have to say)...with the new found techs, the factions gradually upgrade their military and jointly prepare for (atleast the bigger factions that can help and the ones who had holdings on Deianira) in all invasion of Deianira and complete elimination of the Usurpers... (this happens years after the Usurpers/Caretakers invasion of University for the Manifold Nexus, various alliances with some human factions to against each other, large battle at PCB, various crusade attempts to invade each other while capturing or whatever human bases a long the way, etc) Despite the high bloody war, the joint human forces succeed in retaking Deianira and eliminating the Usurpers.
half to a decade later, the more militant factions do the same with the Caretakers....... the elimination of the Proginator factions on Chiron wouldn't of happen if the Betrayer didn't defect and gave the humans proginator techs.

-LMP
Old November 20, 2001, 23:51   #16
DarkCloud
staff

Argh! Format your post LMP!!!
I'll have to read it offline now
oh well
Old November 21, 2001, 03:23   #17
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:02
Well, the Peacekeepers will definitely join the war against the Usurpers. They'll be delighted that the humans are finally pulling together again, but possibly somewhat disappointed about not playing more of a leading role in the alliance... -and of course, they'll use this conflict for all it's worth to further their own political agenda.

Then, if - as LMP says - the more militant factions go after the Caretakers, the Peacekeepers will turn against them again...
Old November 21, 2001, 05:39   #18
Sprayber
Emperor

The Spartans will see all bugs as the same at first. Only after they are shown that the Caretakers are indeed an enemy of the Upsupers will they refrain from attacking the Caretakers.

But

Sparta will try and use the Upsurpers or Cartakers in some way yet to be determined.
Old November 21, 2001, 06:46   #19
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Well, I guess the "at first" thing applies to the Peacekeepers as well, but we'll be quick to turn around once we learn more about the Caretakers...
Old November 21, 2001, 15:14   #20
[LordLMP]

what i mean about militant is the believers, hive, spartans, pirates and the pro-war peacekeepers.

The Caretakers are more peaceful and green friendly, but still warlike due to centuries of warfare versus the Usurpers and possibly against other unknown Proginator factions in space. Also see the Caretakers to be more interested in making friends with the humans, so they can concentrate on eliminating the Usurpers. So meaning, rather see the Caretakers to first contact the humans, after learning the human language and psych.
After the Usurpers is eliminated, the Caretakers as finish their finish...but after some years, relations/alliances with some humans sours and still at war with the believers, hive and so on... Caretakers also loose trust of humans again, especially being almost as advance... so the Caretakers existence in threatened... so they start their project to build those Subspace Centers, to contact the rest of Caretakers to inform them of Manifold Six, aswell as the humans. Some humans, probebly the Data Angels, discovers this and brings it up in the Planetary Council. So PCB agree to have no choice bu to eliminate the caretakers aswell.... besides, caretakers would have to contact the rest of their brethen especially before usurpers or another proginator faction discovers Manifold Six.

Usurpers will be the hardest to get into diplomacy with...humans learn the Proginator language soon after the Caretakers learn the human language. The Human faction to iniciate diplomatic contact could be the Spartans or/and Morganites. from the humans, the Usurpers learns that the Caretakers survives...which starts their interest to make some alliances with some human factions, so they can prepare a crusade to try to eliminate the Caretakers. Usurpers also learns of the Manifold Nexus (which they know of, but at most Manifolds, they are in worse shape) and of its condition. After Crusade which as been defeated at PCB, Usurpers decides to try taking the Manifold Nexus.... Caretakers learns of the Usurpers plans, so they go to the Central Continent aswell for the Manifold Nexus and to keep it out of Usurpers hands........

Can have alliances with the Proginators, but they would be tricky and the Proginators usually make them for their own interest only...so can't expect any alliances to last very long, especially the proginators having lack of respect for humans and vice versa...but Usurpers could use the attraction of immortality to convince humans, which the humans smart up and learn of their mistake. Also can't expect any technologies that could be applied to develop weapons from the Proginators...hey, can't be bothered with humans who are just as advance. Proginators will always be more advance until the end, but they will of course always by outnumbered by humans on Chiron, even with some articifial ways to expand their population..... (makes sence for Proginators to use artificial means, especially after being at war for so long that it would put a strain on population...so they use artificial means and some cloning....something like ala the Clans in Battletech?

Humans will be able to learn many things from the Proginators, especially from the Caretakers about the Manifolds, some Ancient Proginator history, that Planetmind and so on is Artificial, created by Ancient Proginators. Better not to get to much into detail of Ancient Progianator history and what cause this millennias long war between the Usurpers and Caretakers (with along some other unknown make sence proginator factions[no chaos faction please]), which probably concerns the Manifolds... maybe atleast have some quick general story devoid of details and be legend like as to why the Usurpers are called the Usurpers, and why the Caretakers are called the Caretakers.

-LMP
Old November 22, 2001, 06:40   #21
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Well, okay. Sounds like Gen. Braddock & Co could be amongst the "militant" people after all.
Old November 23, 2001, 18:41   #22
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
the worlds the Clans captured is plagued of rebellion, resistance, guerilla warfare, etc...proginators, especially the Usurpers, have problems with human guerillas....a clan does a deep raid into the Lyran Alliance....Usurpers and Caretakers both go straight for the Manifold Nexus, meaning University of Planet gets invaded. a joint force of University, Data Angels, Morganites, Cyborgs, and others eventually fight them off the Central Continent.....
The first bit seems good- however I do not think that the Usurpers and Caretakers would both attack the humans, they would never ally... Perhaps they are planning to fight each other in the middle.

Quote:
Trent of Smoke Jaguar decides to defect to the Innersphere, especially after some rotten luck with a$$hole commanders and favouritism. Trent eventually meets the leaders of innersphere at joint meeting.....the Betrayer, a Usurper, decides to defect to the humans. he succeeds in escaping Deianira and away from his faction, with some help, with data files of proginator tech and so on.
Lets not do the above- what if the Betrayer, a Usurper, is captured by the humans- then decides that they are being taken advantage of and decides to help them.

Quote:
Eventually goes to Planetary Council Base to meet the leaders... because of this, for the first time in history, Cha Dawn comes to PCB to meet this Betrayer.... (will stop using battletech examples, which is similar to what i have to say)...with the new found techs, the factions gradually upgrade their military and jointly prepare for (atleast the bigger factions that can help and the ones who had holdings on Deianira) in all invasion of Deianira and complete elimination of the Usurpers...
sorry, didn't understand the above

Quote:
(this happens years after the Usurpers/Caretakers invasion of University for the Manifold Nexus, various alliances with some human factions to against each other, large battle at PCB, various crusade attempts to invade each other while capturing or whatever human bases a long the way, etc) Despite the high bloody war, the joint human forces succeed in retaking Deianira and eliminating the Usurpers.
half to a decade later, the more militant factions do the same with the Caretakers....... the elimination of the Proginator factions on Chiron wouldn't of happen if the Betrayer didn't defect and gave the humans proginator techs.
-LMP
Lets possibly leave the destruction of the aliens open, perhaps they limit the aliens to a few bases, and maybe destroy one alien faction?

Um, we don't want to make this exactly like battletech. (I have read 34 of the books, and own 29 or so , how many have you read- all- it seems like it )

I'll get to the other post later.
Old November 23, 2001, 22:34   #23
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
what i mean about militant is the believers, hive, spartans,

Can have alliances with the Proginators, but they would be tricky and the Proginators usually make them for their own interest only...so can't expect any alliances to last very long, especially the proginators having lack of respect for humans and vice versa...but Usurpers could use the attraction of immortality to convince humans, which the humans smart up and learn of their mistake. Also can't expect any technologies that could be applied to develop weapons from the Proginators...hey, can't be bothered with humans who are just as advance. Proginators will always be more advance until the end, but they will of course always by outnumbered by humans on Chiron, even with some articifial ways to expand their population..... (makes sence for Proginators to use artificial means, especially after being at war for so long that it would put a strain on population...so they use artificial means and some cloning....something like ala the Clans in Battletech?
Artificial means- this sounds good- how about they are recovering technology files- and that they alwasy have 2-3 more techs than the humans- this would allow for artificial tech advancement keeping them ahead of humans.

I have a feeling that after lerinign their language, the DAngels will be able to lift some techs from the aliens.
Old November 24, 2001, 00:48   #24
[LordLMP]

The Data Angels may be able to get some techs, but they would have to Infiltrate an alien base, which would be harder...lets take looks for example. Don't think Proginators will trust humans enough to allow them to roam in their bases. so easier for Proginators to spot humans and since they have higher tech, security will be high.

Aliens won't ally, just saying that both Proginators go after the Nexus.... Usurpers first and the Caretakers second, simply to prevent the Usurpers in having it. So the war to fight them off the Central Continent will technicly be three way.... combine human force vs usurpers vs caretakers.

as for the Betrayer, don't have to be like trent, but could think of something up...and i don't think it is easy to capture a proginator alive

-LMP
Old November 24, 2001, 04:39   #25
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
The Data Angels may be able to get some techs, but they would have to Infiltrate an alien base, which would be harder...lets take looks for example. Don't think Proginators will trust humans enough to allow them to roam in their bases. so easier for Proginators to spot humans and since they have higher tech, security will be high.

Aliens won't ally, just saying that both Proginators go after the Nexus.... Usurpers first and the Caretakers second, simply to prevent the Usurpers in having it. So the war to fight them off the Central Continent will technicly be three way.... combine human force vs usurpers vs caretakers.

as for the Betrayer, don't have to be like trent, but could think of something up...and i don't think it is easy to capture a proginator alive

-LMP
Spartans could do it I'm sure
Old November 24, 2001, 07:48   #26
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Some day, those overconfident Spartans are gonna get themselves into more trouble than even they know how to handle...
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2001, 17:29   #27
Clear Skies
Prince

Is Tuesday good for you?
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2001, 08:19   #28
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Monday
I could wait til Tuesday
If I make up my mind
Wednesday would be fine
Thursday's on my mind
Friday'd give me time
Saturday could wait
But Sunday'd be too late
Old November 25, 2001, 15:35   #29
Sprayber
Emperor

This is in response to some rather disparaging remarks directed at the Spartan soldier..

Quote:
We are the Spartans
We do not fight like others
We fight for the purity of the fight

Peacekeepers, with their so many rules can only fight in the summer or in the fall
Pirates can’t fight if their feet aren’t wet, which doesn’t cover much ground at all.

Gaians and their eco-safe planes are easy prey, we just make them pollute and they go away
Cult can only fight behind their worms where its safe, without the trance we can kill them were we may.

Cyborgs tend to bunch together as they advance, not knowing we love targets of large mass which are easily read.
DataTechs are too interested in the odd bit of information, not interested in the impact rifle pointed at their head.

Morgan with is pampered soldiers are easy to move, cause the thought of spending the night is just too much to bear.
Zak and is over brained troops can’t figure out how we Spartans appeared on that ridge, they scramble to find their hitech gadgets only to see that they are in need of repair.

Drones are to worried about their rights, and can’t seem to move up to fight
The Believers are weighted down by their cross burden , and their faith falters without Miriam in their line of sight.

And the Hive just throws wave after wave after wave of human men, and as the Good Chairman says, Any price as long as I win.

Plaque on the wall of Colonel Santiago

Last edited by Sprayber; November 25, 2001 at 15:56.
Old November 25, 2001, 17:22   #30
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Bioadaptive Resonance
TECH82

I saw the alien phalanx coming toward us, and I calmed my mind as Kri'lan had taught
me. And what I saw next to the phalanx was a shadow regiment, half-formed from the
resonance around them. I cursed the aliens...with power like that, each one could fight
as many, and I thanked Planet for sending us the betrayer.

-- Prophet Cha Dawn
"The Betrayer and I"