Old March 8, 2001, 23:03   #1
DemSock
Settler

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Civ 2 Units
I have been trying to make a modern scenerio, but in the process I have found that there aren't enough unit spaces in the Civ 2 unit editor. Is there a patch or program where there are 150+ unit spaces or at least more then MGE?
Old March 9, 2001, 02:40   #2
Giant Squid

You can't add extra unit spaces. The best you could do is buy Test of Time, which has quite a few more than MGE does, but has other problems...

Old March 9, 2001, 14:08   #3
RobRoy
Warlord

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
G.S - What "other problems" are you referring to with ToT?

I am experimenting with porting, and perhaps enhancing, some scenarios into the ToT format. But I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Could these "problems" be the reason there are so few ToT scenarios out there, despite the incredible potential ToT's events capability seems to offer?

I am only familiar with some memory issues, and the slight bug in the way flags and masks are handled. But it's been quite some time since I touched ToT (I always hated the graphics, and prefer scenarios when I get a chance to play). Are these the "problems" you are referring to?

Demstock, ToT gives you 80 unit slots, I believe. I don't know if it's possible to hack a "nolimits" type expansion beyond that number; but nothing currently exists, to my knowledge.