Old March 21, 2001, 12:35   #1
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Everyone help the Capo make a good scenario... please...
Alright, I have finished my Thirty Years War Scenario (V. 1) and as I said I will make a big one after I get my feet wet in the scenario business. The scenario was intended for a seven player multiplay, so it may be a bit more easier than your average scenario. I'll post a link to DL it in this thread later.

But my next project will be, not the Troubles in Ireland like previously intended (that is going to be a complex one, and will require more experience I think) but will be a scenario based on Italian Unification, I made my own map and if you wish I could send that to you, I will include the following nations...

Piedmont
France
The Kingdom of Naples and the Two Sicilies (Spain)
Austria (Lombardy and Venice as well)
Switzerland (only there for historic reasons)
The Papal States
the Mellilian Kingdoms (Modena, Parma, Tuscany etc.)
The Ottoman Turks (As Barbarians)

If you want to help out, I'll need some uniform references and technology help, as well as some historic advice if you have some (I will be picking up lots of books as well) and other ideas. And of course playtesters. The first playtest version should be out within the next two weeks, and I'd appreciate it if you guys can help me out, like you did with my Thirty Years' War Scenario.

Anyway the first question is do you like the nations I have included?

I wanted to include Prussia as well, since the Austrian-Prussian war was an important part of the Risorgimento, however the map I created (in order to not only include parts of Austria, France and Spain, but to make Italy big enough for this scenario had to cut Prussia out. I am willing to make a trade off if you think Prussia is that important and remove the Swiss, however I would have to include the cities of Bern, Geneva and Zurich anyway, so how would I then include the Swiss for historic reasons? It is quite a tough issue to tackle.

I was going to help Il Turco, however he doesn't have as broad and sweeping an idea for this scenario as I do. Then there is the other issue, shall I start it at 1815, or 1848? 1815 was when events were put into motion, but 1848 is when things began to heat up.

After this, I may either do the Crimean War, or if I feel saucy enough tackle the Troubles in Ireland, my ideas for that one are very complex, and I think if they all come to fruition it will be a thuroughly enjoyable scenario, as will this one.

Thanks again for your help in the past, present and future. You guys rock.

Peace.
Old March 21, 2001, 16:50   #2
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 01:15
hey, where can we download the 30 year war scenario??
Old March 22, 2001, 11:39   #3
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 00:15
I'll upload it in a bit, I have to make a few tweeks here and there.