Old March 9, 2001, 06:18   #1
Snog
Warlord

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Scenario Updated -- Please help find bugs :)
Well, I'm getting real close to submitting my ModPack to apolyton. On the agenda is to finish a few civilopedia descriptions (I have done many already), then I will play through it once more myself, looking for bugs, and then submit it.

In the mean time if you guys could play through it and look for bugs that would be great. I've had a lot of great comments up to this point, which have helped me to change the ModPack a lot over months, so if you have major comments not just little bug fixes, you can send those, too.

What is available for download is now updated. A lot of tweaks are included since the last update as well as 3 new wonders, and changes to the terrain.

You can download it here : http://aspen.mine.nu/civ2/oldnew/

I took down the screenshots a couple months ago after I changed the terrain graphics, but after I play it again, I'll have some screen shots for you. If anyone takes their own screen-shots of something interesting happening in the game, I would love to have 'em Just let me know, and i'll contact you and get them from you so I can post them on the site.

Well, I hope you like the ModPack. I know I do. It's a fun change of surroundings when the original game gets boring, and it plays a lot like the original game, too; so it's my second favorite way to play the game after the original.
Old March 11, 2001, 02:38   #2
Fubla
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:15
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Great medieval city graphics!
Old March 15, 2001, 07:41   #3
Snog
Warlord

The english city graphics are from st. leo's imperial ambition . I don't want to take credit where I don't deserve it .

I would also like to mention here that I am currently making some adjustments to the game to increase the military presence of the independent natives in north and south america and I am giving them random events to make try to raid settlements.

--Snog
Old March 16, 2001, 01:59   #4
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:15
Remember to tell me when you are done adjusting, so that I can make the mac version...
Old March 17, 2001, 11:47   #5
Snog
Warlord

Update:

I beefed up the independent native armies a bit and added some random events to make them try to raid settlements. So now it's very important that people test this! Of course, I will test it myself, and thanks to Bebro for the suggestion.

The updated version is available for download at
http://aspen.mine.nu/civ2/oldnew

--Snog
Old March 18, 2001, 15:16   #6
Snog
Warlord

Well, I've been testing how the new independent natives do. In my game as the Spanish I'm up to 1700 so far. I've lost one dragoon to a native ambush. Also I noticed that the Incas lost one of cities (the only one without a wall) to indpendent raids. The overall expansion of the civs doesn't seem to have been affected much. So the net effect seems to be a stronger native counter-attack, but the defense is still just as weak. The next step I could take would be to increase native defense in their settlements. I think I'll do that.

--Snog
Old April 7, 2001, 16:52   #7
Snog
Warlord

Update:

Beefed up Independent city defenses. Still working on civilopedia descriptions. I think I would like to play one more multiplayer game before I release it. If I can't get that to work before I'm done the descriptions, I think a single-player game will do.

By the way: the latest changes are reflected on the OldNew site: http://aspen.mine.nu/civ2/oldnew

--Snog