Old November 21, 2001, 05:55   #1
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Beyond Alpha Centauri: Discussion Thread
Lets start using one thread for the discussion. This way we can be sure and get everything that is said.

Thanks..
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2001, 14:40   #2
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:14
here i am!
ok sorry folks if this is a little late.

If no one minds, I would like to declare myself as the Hive. I've been reading the posts relating to this thread and I am fascinated that people have expanded on the AC universe.

So, once again, I would like to declare myself as the Hive.

..........................if that's alright with everyone else?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2001, 16:00   #3
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
LordLMP: Read your post. I'll have the modifications done. Would you mind scouring up a pic and a brief description of Battlecruiser?
Oh, and the Dreadnought of Coalition is a whole different thing altogether. Slightly older tech then the BC, but somewhat bigger and sturdier.
I'll get some ship and class names going in boring moments. Agamemnon and Prometheus come to mind when writing this.

This is to HistoryGuy:

I have come up with an idea to use for a Morgan - InEn confrontation.
I have decided that all synthetic treatments spesifically entitled to age-prolonging are banned in Terran Alliance, as is cloning and other genetical treatments that are not designed to cure diseases, but to "enhance" human beings.
That means, no Longevity Vaccine.
However, InEn plans to covertly buy LV from Morgan and then sell it to the highest bidder. Typical crooked business, you see. But, in the midst of the transaction, theres some messup with the ships, shots are fired or likewise. The point is, Morgan Interstellar and Interplanetary Enterprises are driven into a war. However, InEn can't run to the Coalition for help, since they were violating Earth legislation! This way, the war stays strictly between InEn and Morgan. Could have it taking place hidden, so that the public does not find out. That would mean a collapse in the market.
InEn attacking Morgan assets and convoys, and Morgan doing the same to InEn. Like competing mafia families, but on a larger scale.
So what do you think?

PS. Welcome FrankyChan!

Last edited by Kassiopeia; November 21, 2001 at 16:06.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2001, 16:26   #4
[LordLMP]

Another note, rather we don't dwell to much into aliens until we start up the game, the human histories is worked out, aswell as the territories and worlds in the human space....which is around 500 lightyears radius.

there is the Proginators (maybe a problem for humans once they discover of Chiron/Manifold Six which the Usurper/Caretaker Scouts failed to report centuries before).

The Fraal, which are quiet advance and old, aswell as nomadic since their homeworld died after their sun went nova 10 000 years or so before.... Their race is spread out across the galaxy, yet stay in contact with they advance ultra fast FTL communication (something like Hyperspace Communications in MOO2? Proginators use Subspace Communication and the Humans something less). So the Fraal knows what goes on throughout the galaxy and around long to see the fall of the Proginator Empire into anarchy and self-destruction, rise and fall of other powerful empires, knowledge of other ancient races that are still in the galaxy or left it or transcended or died or whatever. So they are quite wise and reluctant to in giving technologies to races they think are not ready. they also like observing young before-space civilizations like they did with humanity in its early days. Their motherships is rarely seen, but sometime do see Fraal circular and triangle scout ships (which is around Corvette to Frigate size in human standards). will do the details for them later, after we set up some structure.

The Gorn...not sure how old they are and how advance...but not more advance then the Fraal(especially) or the Proginators. But probably older then humanity.

the Tarn? they could be slightly old, but got into space travel quite late?

the Bree is an aggressive race, which is slightly older then humanity (by a couple thousand years?) and their technology levels higher then humanity, but less or equal to the Proginators.

That could be some of the only alien species found near or in human space of about 500 lightyears radius of Sol? agree? please? also prefer we stick mainly with human factions, etc for now....

As for Ancient alien ruins and etc.... Humans combine may of discovered of ruins of different past ancient races.....

Ancient Proginators: colonies or whatever during their Proginator Empire days, controling 1/5 of the galaxy before self-destructing (probably something to do with the Manifolds?) in a sence 5-10 thousand years ago. so they were responsible for the terraforming of worlds, aswell as their destruction... only known Manifold world is Chiron, which humans still don't know what was the "experiment"...something to do with Planetmind and its flowering every thousand years or so...the last flowering only seem to cause the dissapearance of 1/100 of the Chiron population in the early-mid 2500s...but by then, many factions move off Chiron or most of their pop gone off to colonize some worlds.

Celandra: not much is known of the ancient Celandra Empire, which spanded across 1/3 of the galaxy, yet didn't properly control all of it.... their FTL travel is done via subspace corridors or hyperspace or some ancient reference to the "the dreaming". The world of Celandra 50 000 years ago mysteriously dissapeared...some indications that it dissapeared into "the dreaming". After a period of 10 thousand years after that, the empire collapse into many factions/warlord states/etc and other celandra controlled worlds... many of their distant colonies died out due to lack of supplies, or destroyed due to novas or destroyed from other past rival races.... In human space, only some worlds could of been terraformed by the celandric people and in fewer worlds in human space (not just in habitable ones) have ruins of celandric colonies...

The Hedoth: there is some worlds that use to belong to the Hedoth, which they simply abandoned and dissapeared to where ever 20 000 years ago. According to the Fraal, the Hedoth were responsible for the destruction of many species in this area of the galaxy, atleast the ones that refuse to join the Hedoth forces and empire....also responsible for the destruction of various celandric worlds/colonies and ancient proginator worlds/colonies. The Hedoth didn't seem blood thirsty and etc, as they were much into honor and discipline, aswell as militaristic (the spartans would like them ) The Fraal didn't know why they simply left and abandon their worlds, but they say that the Hedoth is still around at various places in the galaxy, aswell as outside of it... they still occasionally "forcely recruit" some races into their forces and then that species practicaly dissapear, nearly abandoning their worlds. Fraal theorize that may be fighting wars in another galaxy or against some other ancient races in deep space or whatever. The Fraal promises to warn Humanity if they ever appear in or near Human Space, but they will not disclose the location of the hedoth system....where the hedoth homeworld is located.

Other ancient races, taking from other sci-fis and games...but will not play a big role in the game...but leave options to discover strange worlds.

-Precursors (Star Control)
responsible for the creation of rainbow worlds , mainly found in the galactic core and along the galactic arms...yet not very many and not exactly habitable... which somehow stablelizes the galaxy. very few ruins or artifacts found related to them, but the Fraal say that they seem to dissapear every few hundred thousand years by de-evolving themselves and return when they evolve again at various worlds hundred thousand years after de-evolving....with a lot of the ancient memories intact. quite an feat of genetic engineering. Why they do that? Fraal say they were bored and rather repeat their evolution then transcend or move into deep space along with the other ancients. Fraal won't disclose how they look like intheir de-evolve form and where they are located...especially the locations to various rainbow worlds and their technology/equipment/etc caches. (didn't want to do another description! have to go home) they last dissapeared over 100 000 years ago

- Preservers (Star trek)

-maybe the Shadows/Vorlons...but have move into deep space

-Xel'Naga (Starcraft)
good parts of their remnants eliminated by one their creations, the zerg (zerg later got defeated and nearly eliminated by the Protoss, without any help of any terrans) and rest move deep space instead of staying in the galaxy to do evolution experiments and trying to create the perfect race.
responsible for the creation of many races.

-Macky
desc will be done later....

-that ancient race that use to control Dark Planet...forgot the name given to them in Battlezone 2...

-any other ideas?

not to many and just quickly placing some ancient ideas

-LMP
Old November 21, 2001, 19:57   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:14
Kassiopeia, Well ok, Mr. Luciano, I'm going to have to finish the pre-story Morganite timeline of major events that take place before 2700. My boys shall be glad to "do business" with InEn. Anytime. Heh heh heh.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2001, 23:40   #6
Sprayber
Emperor

Re: here i am!
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
ok sorry folks if this is a little late.

If no one minds, I would like to declare myself as the Hive. I've been reading the posts relating to this thread and I am fascinated that people have expanded on the AC universe.

So, once again, I would like to declare myself as the Hive.

..........................if that's alright with everyone else?
Welcome to Beyond Alpha Centauri.

We look forward to reading you ideas for the Hive.

What you need to do now is go to the Sign in thread (the shorter one ) and come up with a timeline of events for the Hive since leaving Chiron. Where they ended up by picking a star. If you need help just get with me and Ill help you pick a star. But you could use this link.

http://einstein.stcloudstate.edu/Dome/

Keep in mind that the hive is around 80-100ly . If you want you can say that the Hive planet is around a smaller star that isn't catologued yet. But keep it around 100ly away. Right now we are still getting the locations worked on on some kind of a map..Hope you have fun.

You may have trouble with the link but it will get fixed on their end.

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 22, 2001, 09:34   #7
[LordLMP]

Quick question to Alynzia... was Deirdre forced to be hooked up to a biological computer? (How does one create a bio computer anyway? ) Deirdre passed away, her people miss her, and puts her body into the bio computer aswell as imprinting her memories.... Deirdre, reawaking in a way, would not be please in this condition She is a environmentalist, spiritualy pagan somewhat, and a empath.

not criticizing, just wondering

-LMP
Old November 22, 2001, 11:24   #8
Alynzia
Warlord

Local Time: 17:14
Hello Beyond Alpha Centauri people!

I have decided not to play any more.

Alynzia.
Alynzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2001, 11:28   #9
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Lady Deirdre Skye!! What a Druid!! BTW, isn't it interesting that she is from Skye, an actual island of the coast of Scotland? It's where Bonnie Prince Charlie hid after Culloden before fleeing to France. Isn't that neat? Huh?
Old November 22, 2001, 12:55   #10
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Alynzia

Alynzia.

...?!?!?

Guardian
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2001, 17:15   #11
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:

Alynzia.
Ok. Anything in particular that changed your mind?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 22, 2001, 17:30   #12
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

*shrugs*
People come, people go.

Ahem.

History of Sol System
Revision 3

2060 - U.N.S Unity is launched by United Nations to Alpha Centauri.
2063 - Continuous fighting over resources trigger a nuclear exchange, World War 3. However, due to earlier decrease in nuclear arsenal, destruction is somewhat limited.
2064 - World War 3 continues as a conventional war. Population and infrastructure throughout the world suffer greatly.
2066 - World War 3 ends.
2072 - United Nations rebuilds headquarters in Switzerland, and founds an organization called Restoration League to allocate rebuilding of the post-war planet. The UN goal by founding a whole different organization is to regain respect and support of nations that think that UN turned their back on them in WW3.
2088 - Some anonymous nations launch colonization efforts to some Sol locations, especially Mars and Moon.
2094 - First colony on Moon established.
2102 - First colony on Mars established.
2114 - Two aerospace companies merge, founding the Interplanetary Enterprises Incorporated's ancestral company.
2180 - As the colony in Moon, begins to expand, a call for independence awakens.
2183 - Radical groups in Moon unite and overthrow local goverments of Earth nations. Different origined people combine forces. Earth nations start producing first ships dedicated solely to military.
2182 - Interplanetary Enterprises establishes first mines in the Asteroid Belt.
2184 - International Protection Fleet of Earth arrives in Moon. Martians see their chance and have a revolution of their own.
2185 - Earth quells Lunar rebellion. Protection Fleet has repairs at Earth, then sets off to Mars.
2186 - Protection Fleet arrives to Mars, only to find that Mars has produced a fleet of it's own. A battle is engaged, concluding in the defeat of Earth forces. Some Earth ships defect and land on Mars, some return to Earth. Mars declares independende, but has growing troubles as creating a centralized goverment seems impossible.
2201 - "Republic of Mars" is formed, though on fragile ground.
2213 - InEn and other companies' and nations' workers and ships decide to take over the InEn holdings in Asteroid Belt. The name "Belters" is introduced.
2215 - InEn attempts to retake Belt in military action. Earth nations do not come to help, as the earlier war hampered their capabilities and desire to send fleets to wage war somewhat. InEn fails, and Belters declare themselves independent.
2238 - Republic of Mars falls. Mars Combine founded.
2257 - First Self-Sufficient Space Habitat (SSSH) built and launched to Earth orbit. It is called Babylon 5... No, I mean, Alpha One.
2262 - First contact with the Shadows - No, I mean Scions. (OOC: Hey, 2257 - 2262 are IIRC the years B5 is set on!) Contact is rather disastrous - Earth ships open fire and destroy the Scion ship en route to investigate Earth.
2263 - "Reliable information" reports that a strange alien race is planning on invading the entire system, and that the destroyed ship was just a scouting patrol. This is of course an invention of Earth nations to justify whacking the ship, which did not engage in hostile intentions.
2264 - In a hurried conference, Earth countries decide to pool their resources to fight alien threat. Thus, Earth Coalition is forged.
2265 (May) - A Scion raid obliterates an entire research station on the Jupiter moon Callisto. Soon Ganymede is attacked, and the image of an assault proceeding inwards the system is amplified. Scions are calculated to reach Earth in a few months. All resources are aimed to produce ships. Combine and Coalition decide to combine fleets.
2265 (June) - A Coalition-Combine counter-attack fleet engages Scions near Asteroid Belt, with some support from Belters. The battle is, as expected, lost, but Scion progress is slowed down to allow Earth and Mars produce even more ships. A record is made as some Cruiser class ships are completed from scratch in three months.
2265 (July) - Earth scouts set to recon Scion strength discover Dark Planet. Coalition and Combine quickly decide to launch most ships to attack Dark Planet. Scions forces make a 180 degree turn and start to chase Human ships to Dark Planet.
2265 (September) - Joint fleet starts to approach Dark Planet, in an attempt to A-Bomb it's surface to smithereens. As the ships begin setting orbit, a huge unknown mothership appears and stops any attempts to bombard Dark Planet. Both Scion and Human fleets are contacted, and a cease fire is implemented.
2266 - A permanent peace between Humans and Scions is signed, with Fraal as mediators. Humans attain a slight dislike for the Fraal, as they believe they would of won the war if they would of not intervened.
2340 - Interplanetary Enterprises decides that the socialistic goverment of Mars has oppressed their company by regulating Mars markets enough. It starts funneling funds and weapons to Mars revolutionists.
2343 - Revolutionists overthrow Mars goverment. Civil war erupts, with Coalition supporting InEn and the lately founded Venus independents supporting Combine.
2344 - Loyalists prevail, and Mars Combine is reinstated.
2372 - An astrophysics institute on Earth publishizes it's theory of possible Faster-Then-Light travel. The theory is not accepted well.
2419 - Coalition research starts to get interested on the FTL drive, and starts to conduct first experimentations.
2423 - Combine starts also to research FTL, but with somewhat poorer results then Coalition.
2432 - First experimentational FTL ship implodes and crashes into the Atlantic. FTL project is moth-balled indefinitely.
2441 - FTL project is continued, but with minimal funds.
2449 - Very second Terran-built FTL ship engages drive system on Earth orbit. The experiment is a success, and the ship disengages drive system at Mars. Rarity of fuel minerals and short endurance of engine (The Terran FTL drive malfunctioned when disengaged and turned unusable.) remain a problem.
2454 - Thorough negotiations with Fraal succeed, and they produce the Terrans with technology able to prolong engine life. Fuel remains a problem.
2484 - FTL fuel minerals discovered in Asteroid Belt. Belters gain a whopping momentum in interplanetary politics.
2496 - Enough Fuel is collected to fuel a ship capable of traveling out of Sol.
2500 - Political problems halt the Out-Sol project (Which is targeted to Alpha Centauri). A very xenophobic goverment takes place on Earth, and Coalition-Combine co-operation is starting to collapse.
2515 - A Gaian scout ship arrives in Sol, in an effort to research Earth's situation. Terrans hear of Chironian success. The xenophobes lose in elections due to this, and the FTL project continues.
2517 - CFS Centaurus jumps to Alpha Centauri. Contact with Peacekeepers, Free Drones and others there is established permanently. Cyborgs issue them the FTL Communicator device.
2530 - FTL COMM waves bring to Sol news of Chironians spreading swift in the Galaxy. Coalition starts to hurry planned colonization projects to other systems to avoid being stranded in a single system.
2547 - Coalition finds a suitable system, Capella, and colonizes it.
2558 - Growingly jealous of Chironian success, the Terrans state that they are of Earth origin, and that all their assets are to be surrendered to the Earth goverment. The statement is widely recognized, but obviously not followed. Some start to make journeys to visit the legendary homeworld of Man.
2563 - A small Bree fleet enters Capella and tries to seize it. Coalition repels attack, and the Bree withdraw. A short term pact with the Gorn and some Human factions is signed, and the Bree stay out of Capella. It is believed that they found out about the fact that the planet there would be engulfed by Capella B in some while, and thought that the system was not worth their while.
2554 - Bree attack intimidates Terran enough for them to found Terran Alliance. Alliance is designed to have some ships of it's own, aswell as being a co-operation of economical and research efforts.
2589 - Scions give Terran scientists some strange devices from Dark Planet. It is clear that the planet is a remnant of an ancient race. Fraal deny all information about it.
2632 - An unknown ship is detected, this time in Scion space. It remains unidentified, and appears to monitor Dark Planet from a distance. When a Scion scout tries to encounter it, the ship engages an unforeseen drive system and disappears in the blink of an eye.
2667 - A terraforming project on Io fails catastrophically. The Io Disaster costs the lives of several thousands of people from all Alliance factions, and the word "terraforming" has a bad ring for the next couple of decades.
2700 - Story begins.
Old November 23, 2001, 10:16   #13
[LordLMP]

Alynzia hope ins't because of me and was only trying to do a friendly discussion i was only wondering

-LMP
Old November 23, 2001, 12:15   #14
Alynzia
Warlord

2000s
2000s

2060s
2060 - (Terran) U.N.S Unity is launched by United Nations to Alpha Centauri.
2063 - (Terran) Continuous fighting over resources trigger a nuclear exchange, World War 3. However, due to earlier decrease in nuclear arsenal, destruction is somewhat limited.
2064 - (Terran) World War 3 continues as a conventional war. Population and infrastructure throughout the world suffer greatly.
2066 - (Terran) World War 3 ends.

2070s
2072 - (Terran) United Nations rebuilds headquarters in Switzerland, and founds an organization called Restoration League to allocate rebuilding of the post-war planet. The UN goal by founding a whole different organization is to regain respect and support of nations that think that UN turned their back on them in WW3.

2080s
2088 - (Terran) Some anonymous nations launch colonization efforts to some Sol locations, especially Mars and Moon.

2090s
2094 - (Terran) First colony on Moon established.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:17   #15
Alynzia
Warlord

2100s
2100s

2100s
2102 - (Terran) First colony on Mars established.

2110s
2114 - (Terran) Two aerospace companies merge, founding the Interplanetary Enterprises Incorporated's ancestral company.

2180s
2180 - (Terran) As the colony in Moon, begins to expand, a call for independence awakens.
2183 - (Terran) Radical groups in Moon unite and overthrow local goverments of Earth nations. Different origined people combine forces. Earth nations start producing first ships dedicated solely to military.
2182 - (Terran) Interplanetary Enterprises establishes first mines in the Asteroid Belt.
2184 - (Terran) International Protection Fleet of Earth arrives in Moon. Martians see their chance and have a revolution of their own.
2185 - (Terran) Earth quells Lunar rebellion. Protection Fleet has repairs at Earth, then sets off to Mars.
2186 - (Terran) Protection Fleet arrives to Mars, only to find that Mars has produced a fleet of it's own. A battle is engaged, concluding in the defeat of Earth forces. Some Earth ships defect and land on Mars, some return to Earth. Mars declares independende, but has growing troubles as creating a centralized goverment seems impossible.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:19   #16
Alynzia
Warlord

2200s
2200s

2200s
2201 - (Terran) "Republic of Mars" is formed, though on fragile ground.

2210s
2213 - (Terran) InEn and other companies' and nations' workers and ships decide to take over the InEn holdings in Asteroid Belt. The name "Belters" is introduced.
2215 - (Terran) InEn attempts to retake Belt in military action. Earth nations do not come to help, as the earlier war hampered their capabilities and desire to send fleets to wage war somewhat. InEn fails, and Belters declare themselves independent.

2230s
2238 - (Terran) Republic of Mars falls. Mars Combine founded.

2250s
2257 - (Terran) First Self-Sufficient Space Habitat (SSSH) built and launched to Earth orbit. It is called Babylon 5... No, I mean, Alpha One.

2260s
2262 - (Terran) First contact with the Shadows - No, I mean Scions. (OOC: Hey, 2257 - 2262 are IIRC the years B5 is set on!) Contact is rather disastrous - Earth ships open fire and destroy the Scion ship en route to investigate Earth.
2263 - (Terran) "Reliable information" reports that a strange alien race is planning on invading the entire system, and that the destroyed ship was just a scouting patrol. This is of course an invention of Earth nations to justify whacking the ship, which did not engage in hostile intentions.
2264 - (Terran) In a hurried conference, Earth countries decide to pool their resources to fight alien threat. Thus, Earth Coalition is forged.
2265 (May) - (Terran) A Scion raid obliterates an entire research station on the Jupiter moon Callisto. Soon Ganymede is attacked, and the image of an assault proceeding inwards the system is amplified. Scions are calculated to reach Earth in a few months. All resources are aimed to produce ships. Combine and Coalition decide to combine fleets.
2265 (June) - (Terran) A Coalition-Combine counter-attack fleet engages Scions near Asteroid Belt, with some support from Belters. The battle is, as expected, lost, but Scion progress is slowed down to allow Earth and Mars produce even more ships. A record is made as some Cruiser class ships are completed from scratch in three months.
2265 (July) - (Terran) Earth scouts set to recon Scion strength discover Dark Planet. Coalition and Combine quickly decide to launch most ships to attack Dark Planet. Scions forces make a 180 degree turn and start to chase Human ships to Dark Planet.
2265 (September) - (Terran) Joint fleet starts to approach Dark Planet, in an attempt to A-Bomb it's surface to smithereens. As the ships begin setting orbit, a huge unknown mothership appears and stops any attempts to bombard Dark Planet. Both Scion and Human fleets are contacted, and a cease fire is implemented.
2266 - (Terran) A permanent peace between Humans and Scions is signed, with Fraal as mediators. Humans attain a slight dislike for the Fraal, as they believe they would of won the war if they would of not intervened.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:21   #17
Alynzia
Warlord

2300s
2300s

2340s
2340 - (Terran) Interplanetary Enterprises decides that the socialistic goverment of Mars has oppressed their company by regulating Mars markets enough. It starts funneling funds and weapons to Mars revolutionists.
2343 - (Terran) Revolutionists overthrow Mars goverment. Civil war erupts, with Coalition supporting InEn and the lately founded Venus independents supporting Combine.
2344 - (Terran) Loyalists prevail, and Mars Combine is reinstated.

2370s
2372 - (Terran) An astrophysics institute on Earth publishizes it's theory of possible Faster-Than-Light travel. The theory is not accepted well.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:23   #18
Alynzia
Warlord

2400s
2400s

2410s
2419 - (Terran) Coalition research starts to get interested on the FTL drive, and starts to conduct first experimentations.

2420s
2423 - (Terran) Combine starts also to research FTL, but with somewhat poorer results then Coalition.
2426 - (Drone) The Civil War ends. Foreman Domai and his circle retain power, but are forced by the New Republic faction to adopt the Long-Term Plan. Phase I of the Plan involves general diversification and capitalization of the Drone economy. Phase II calls for de-commissioning of the secret police forces activated in the last years of the Old Order and the moving of Drone assets into space. In Phase III the Republic must colonize planets away from Chiron and begin disbanding the old government. In the fourth and final phase the government will be changed and the Republic is to enter the human community as a respected citizen.

2430s
2432 - (Terran) First experimentational FTL ship implodes and crashes into the Atlantic. FTL project is moth-balled indefinitely.

2440s
2441 - (Terran) FTL project is continued, but with minimal funds.
2441 - (Drone) The Cult of Planet occupies the Green Mountain region. Drone government unveils Project Firebrand, a satellite-mounted defense system that incorporates singularity cannon and planet busters. The Cult withdraws.
2445 - (Drone) Foreman Domai signs a Joint Venture Treaty with Morgan Interstellar. Under the terms of the Joint Venture, the Drones gain three-year exclusive access to certain industrial nanorobotic technology and most-favored-nation trading status, as well as equal supply of the vizorium mined from the Morgan colonies on Pholus and Cygnus X-3. In return, they are obligated to produce a certain number of ships for the Morganic merchant fleet every standard year, and must grant Interstellar equal access to all resources they exploit in future space colonies. Phase I of the Long-Term Plan is declared mostly complete, and made into an open-ended commitment to capitalization and privatization of the Drone economy.
2447 - (Drone) The Nessus Free State officially founded. Major exports include tritium and Kalciate. Phase II of the Long-Term Plan is declared complete.
2449 - (Terran) Very second Terran-built FTL ship engages drive system on Earth orbit. The experiment is a success, and the ship disengages drive system at Mars. Rarity of fuel minerals and short endurance of engine (the Terran FTL drive malfunctioned when disengaged and turned unusable) remain a problem.

2450s
2453 - (Drone) A colony fleet leaves Alpha Centauri for Vega.
2454 - (Drone) The first of five Vegan states, Avalon, is officially declared on the fourth planet of that system (Vega Prime). The fifth planet, Vega Secundus, is also settled. Phase III of the Long-Term Plan is declared complete.
2454 - (Terran) Thorough negotiations with Fraal succeed, and they produce the Terrans with technology able to prolong engine life. Fuel remains a problem.

2470s
2470 - (Gaian) Gaian colonization starship 'Star Chaser' leaves Chiron for Beta Ursa Major carrying 10% of the Gaian population. It is a big scandal that the starship is of Morganic design.

2480s
2484 - (Terran) FTL fuel minerals discovered in Asteroid Belt. Belters gain a whopping momentum in interplanetary politics. .
2488 - (Drone) Space Station Liberty is set up in the Rigel system. Scouts mark two other stars, Altair and Lyra, as possible locations for future settlements.

2490s
2490 - (Gaian) Joint Peacekeeper and Gaian military training starships destroyed by Usurper ambush at Wolf 359. Gaians disband exploration co-operation treaty with Peacekeepers.
2492 - (Drone) Colonization mission to Lyra is postponed indefinitely after a space elevator accident that leaves three dead and badly damages a carrier ship.
2496 - (Terran) Enough fuel is collected to fuel a ship capable of traveling out of Sol.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:26   #19
Alynzia
Warlord

2500s
2500s

2500s
2500 - (Terran) Political problems halt the Out-Sol project (Which is targeted to Alpha Centauri). A very xenophobic goverment takes place on Earth, and Coalition-Combine co-operation is starting to collapse.

2510s
2510 - (Spartan) Spartans reestablish contact with Chiron and those factions that remained on Planet.
2510 - (Drone) Spartans re-establish contact with Chiron. The Drone government shares exploration data with their Spartan counterparts.
2512 - (Drone) Drone scouts encounter the Bree. Low-level hostilities begin only months later.
2515 - (Gaian) Gaian scout craft enters Sol system and finds human civilization flourshing. Returns to Chiron and informs those that have remained.
2515 - (Terran) A Gaian scout ship arrives in Sol, in an effort to research Earth's situation. Terrans hear of Chironian success. The xenophobes lose in elections due to this, and the FTL project continues.
2515 - (Spartan) Gaian Scout craft enters Sol system and finds human civilization flourshing. Returns to Chiron and informs those that have remained.
2515 - (Drone) Gaians discover a human civilization flourishing on Earth. Drones plan to restore contact with that world.
2517 - (Terran) CFS Centaurus jumps to Alpha Centauri. Contact with Peacekeepers, Free Drones and others there is established permanently. Cyborgs issue them the FTL Communicator device.
2518 - (Spartan) Spartans come in contact with the Bree and begin 50 years of war.
2519 - (Drone) Space Station Liberty detects a (comparatively) primitive sapient species on the planet Ophelia in the Rigel system. No action is taken at the time.

2520s
2525 - (Drone) Drones and Spartans agree to combine forces against the Bree. Six Drone battle cruisers are destroyed at the Battle of Aldebaran. The military retaliates by massacring a Bree outpost in the Beta Draco system.
2525 - (Spartan) Spartans link up with Drones and sign alliance to fight the Bree.
2529 - (Spartan) Spartans discover new materials to feul new type of FTL drives, but cannot exploit them without Morgan Interstellar support.

2530s
2530 - (Spartan) Morgan Interstellar supports Spartan-Drone war with Bree.
2530 - (Drone) Morgan Interstellar supports the Spartans and the Drones against the Bree.
2530 - (Terran) FTL COMM waves bring to Sol news of Chironians spreading swift in the Galaxy. Coalition starts to hurry planned colonization projects to other systems to avoid being stranded in a single system

2540s
2540 - (Gaian) The Gaians of Chiron construct an artificial biosphere to orbit Alpha Centauri A. It is a bid for some of their scientists to research off-world.
2544 - (Drone) While investigating the ruins of the Tau Ceti system, a patrol encounters a medium-sized Progenitor cruiser of indeterminate origin. After a skirmish, the Progenitors withdraw. Drones inform other factions, who agree to watch for other such vessels.
2547 - (Terran) Coalition finds a suitable system, Capella, and colonizes it.

2550s
2551 - (Drone) Space Station Insider set up in Altair system. Its main purpose is to scout out Bree attacks; later it becomes home to nearly a million settlers.
2554 - (Terran) Bree attack intimidates Terran enough for them to found Terran Alliance. Alliance is designed to have some ships of it's own, aswell as being a co-operation of economical and research efforts.
2555 - (Gaian) Hive allow Gaians to settle a moon in their home systems. It is based on the understanding that all astrometric and eco-astrometric data gathered is to be shared.
2558 - (Terran) Growingly jealous of Chironian success, the Terrans state that they are of Earth origin, and that all their assets are to be surrendered to the Earth goverment. The statement is widely recognized, but obviously not followed. Some start to make journeys to visit the legendary homeworld of Man.

2560s
2560 - (Drone) Soldiers and engineers are sent to covertly begin exploration and extraction operations on Ophelia. They are later detected by natives and a low-level insurgency begins which will continue into the present day.
2563 - (Terran) A small Bree fleet enters Capella and tries to seize it. Coalition repels attack, and the Bree withdraw. A short term pact with the Gorn and some Human factions is signed, and the Bree stay out of Capella. It is believed that they found out about the fact that the planet there would be engulfed by Capella B in some while, and thought that the system was not worth their while.
2565 - (Gaian) Gaian scout craft enters Delta Ursa Major system to find Progenitor Caretaker settlements. In exchange for Terran and Centaurian information, the Caretakers agree to let the Gaians settle part of their system under a loose alliance.
2568 - (Drone) Human-Bree war finally ends in stalemate. Buffer zones set up between human and Bree space.
2568 - (Spartan) Human-Bree war finally ends in a stalmate. Buffer zones set up between human and Bree space.

2570s
2570 - (Drone) Researchers studying ancient ruins on Vega Prime report strange "mechanical" dreams. Some ruins become curiously animated, closing certain panels when researchers are present, &c
2572 - (Spartan) Morgan ships encouter the Gorn. Limited contact is made. Gorn informs Morganites of the Bree, their sworn enemy. Morganites neglects to tell Spartans.
2575 - (Spartan) Spartans encouter Gorn. Again limited contact is made. Spartans learn of Gorn hatred for Bree and the Morganite encounter.

2580s
2580 - (Spartan) The body of Colonel Santiago dies. Mind is transferred to a cloned replica thanks to University technology that was stolen from their labs on the University homeworld. Spartan Federation comes out in support of a Datatech homeworld.
2580 - (Gaian) Severely weaken by conflicts, internal and external, the official government of the Cult of Planet capitulate under Gaian rule. However, only 30% of those claiming to be Cultists follow the Gaians, and are taken to shared Caretaker territory.
2582 - (Spartan) Spartan scout ships encouter and battle Progenator scout ships. Boths sides withdraw.
2588 - (Spartan) Spartans begin to be alarmed by the increase in the number of Pirate stations scattered throughout the inner systems.
2588 - (Drone) After an at-times brutal campaign, Pirate factions are driven from Altair and Betelgeuse. Peacekeepers criticize Drone military's handling of the fighting.
2589 - (Terran) Scions give Terran scientists some strange devices from Dark Planet. It is clear that the planet is a remnant of an ancient race. Fraal deny all information about it.

2590s
2590 - (Gaian) Full scale colonization of Delta Ursa Major.
2590 - (Spartan) Spartans run into Peacekeeper settlements near Spartan territory. Peacekeepers settle on a large planet in the Tiber system. Attempts are made to force the settlers out but are unsuccessful.
2595 - (Spartan) Spartans begin to intercept Peecekeeper transports bound for New Caladon. Peecekeepers are undetered. Settlers dig in on New Caladon. Spartans loosen restrictions and allow transports through. Sparta orders extra ships from Drone shipyards and procures weapon upgrades from Morgan Shipworks.
2598 - (Spartan) First delievery of Spartan dreadnaught crusier from Drone shipyards.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:30   #20
Alynzia
Warlord

2600s
2600s

2600s
2600 - (Spartan) Spartan lay claim to three star systems near Syrma. Spartan Colony ships begin task of populating the systems.
2600 - (Gaian) Three Gaian scout craft destroyed at edge of known space. Assailants unknown.
2603 - (Drone) The Digger's Descent Company enters an agreement to acquire supplies of new metals discovered by Spartan MineCo. They are entitled to 5% of the output of the Eta Sector and Leonidas facilities.
2603 -(Spartan) Spartan MineCo reports find of valuable metal used in ship hulls. Morgan Shipworks deliver promised ship upgrades. New shields are installed on all Spartan space vessels.
2605 - (Spartan) Spartans move in on the independent Tyre system and force the small colonly to become Spartan possesion. Spartan territory adds five systems. None of which suitable for habitation but provide location for Sparta's first station outside the Spartan Home System. Sensor posts are set up along Spartan border. New Caladon is almost entirely enclosed in Spartan territory except for small corridor.
2605 - (Drone) Drones remain neutral in conflict between Spartans and Peacekeepers.
2607 - (Drone) Peacekeeping space vessels pass within one light-year of a black hole energy factory on several occasions. Drone government threatens war if Peacekeepers do not respect their space.
2609 - (Spartan) Peecekeeper buildup on Coventry is detected by Spartan spies. Coventry is a heavly populated PK planet wedged between Spartan territory and neutral space.

2610s
2610 - (Gaian) Gaian capital moved from Chiron to Artilak, the main planet in the Beta Ursa Major System.
2611 - (Drone) Relations with the Peacekeepers sour after government fails to condemn Spartan attack on Coventry, which the Peacekeepers label an "atrocity".
2611 - (Spartan) Spartans lauch attack on Coventry. Initial defeat of Peeckeeper fleet is reversed when Spartans face heavy opposition after landing. Spartans take Coventry's moon instead and establish outpost there.
2612 - (Spartan) As an after thought, Spartans take New Caladon with little resistence beyond work stoppages.
2613 - (Spartan) Peecekeeper Fleet departs Chiron headed out towards Coventry. Coventry resists Spartan attempts to subdue resistence. Spartans only succeed in holding 55% of planet. Peecekeeper Fleet arrives as peace treaty is being finalized. Spartans withdraw from the Coventry and its moon. Spartans keep New Caladon.
2614 - (Gaian) Delegation arrive at Artilak from Free Drone Republic.
2614 - (Drone) Contact officially established with Gaian homeworld.

2620s
2620 - (Spartan) Spartan scout fleet encouters Hive ships on the far side of Spartan space. First contact with Hive since Spartans left Chiron.

2630s
2630 - (Spartan) Hive ships raid new Spartan colonies on extreme edge of Spartan space. Spartans respond by mobilizing the fleet and invading Hive space. Spartan fleet runs into a small Bree fleet near the conjucting of Sparta-Hive-neautral space. Both fleets engage while Hive forces stand to the side. Both fleets sustain damage and both withdraw. Spartan fleet limps home in time for an uprising on New Caladon.
2630 - (Drone) After the Bree menace border space, the Drone military secretly hires Pirate mercenaries to attack several planets in Bree territory. "Pirategate" later causes public outrage.
2631 - (Spartan) Uprising on New Caladon enters fifth month. Spartans finally ends the uprising after six months of fighting.
2632 - (Terran) An unknown ship is detected, this time in Scion space. It remains unidentified, and appears to monitor Dark Planet from a distance. When a Scion scout tries to encounter it, the ship engages an unforeseen drive system and disappears in the blink of an eye.
2632 - (Drone) General elections in the Free Drone Republic. The conservative Kristy Adams is crowned President after a landslide victory. Foreman Domai retires and the entire government is replaced.

2660s
2667 - (Terran) A terraforming project on Io fails catastrophically. The Io Disaster costs the lives of several thousands of people from all Alliance factions, and the word "terraforming" has a bad ring for the next couple of decades.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:40   #21
Alynzia
Warlord

Aaagh!
Did you just read all that? That was the entire timeline for this story by four people, totally chronoligized. Now, timelines are one thing, but there is also the geography of space and arrangement of territories, populations, politics, etc.

I kind of don't find all that fun. The way I see it, I can play and have to read everything that gets posted or I can not play and just read the things I find interesting. I hope that doesn't sound too rude...

Alynzia.

p.s. someone had better comfort kass because he's devistated I'm not writing for BAC any more!

p.p.s if [Lord LMP] wants me to explain what I did to Deirdre, please private message me. I'm actually flattered he read that and thought about it.
Old November 23, 2001, 15:39   #22
Sprayber
Emperor

Re: Aaagh!
Quote:
Did you just read all that? That was the entire timeline for this story by four people, totally chronoligized. Now, timelines are one thing, but there is also the geography of space and arrangement of territories, populations, politics, etc.

I kind of don't find all that fun. The way I see it, I can play and have to read everything that gets posted or I can not play and just read the things I find interesting. I hope that doesn't sound too rude...

Alynzia.

p.s. someone had better comfort kass because he's devistated I'm not writing for BAC any more!

p.p.s if [Lord LMP] wants me to explain what I did to Deirdre, please private message me. I'm actually flattered he read that and thought about it.

Well, belive that I said somewhere that the posters can pretty much write what they want to unless it affects another faction and then it would be common courtesy to discuss with that player,(either in the discussion thread or by pm) what your doing and to see if that causes any problems with what they are trying to do ,(either in the discussion thread or by pm) . In the Chiron Chronicles you pretty much have to pay attention to what other people are doing. (Unless Darkcloud teaches you his skim reading techniques ). Here in BAC you don't have to pay as much attention cause space is a big place. Now if the Spartans were invading Gaian territory then you should pay attention. But I wouldn't do that without first talking to you and seeing what your thoughts were. The exhaustive timeline is for those of us who like that kind of detail. That would include me. but for some I know that kind of detail only gets boring. So you don't have to read it unless you are looking something up for you own story or to make sure you aren't conflicting with history.

Bottom line, you can write what you want unless you want to interact with the other players. Just don't write things that directly conflict with others unless everyone gets together and agrees.

ps. I was kind of interested to in Lady Dee's fate as well. Maybe you have more hopeful readers here then you think. I at least would like you to write for BAC and I'm sure there are others. But Kass was just expressing the sentiment that is a reality on these kinds of story boards. People come and people go. All we can do is go on. You have to make that decesion. But it can't be because BAC is too restrictive becuause its about as loose as it can get without turning into BAC: free for all.

Last edited by Sprayber; November 23, 2001 at 15:49.
Old November 23, 2001, 18:08   #23
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Did you just read all that? That was the entire timeline for this story by four people, totally chronoligized.
Thanks for the effort of putting it all into one piece.

Quote:
But, if I'd get all depressed everytime someone drops out or disappears from a story thread, I'd be a nervous wreck. That was my sentiment at time of post.
Of course, the more writers the better. No sense in two three people running such a big operation like Beyond Alpha Centauri.

LordLMP: So you have no disagreements considering Revision 3? *crosses fingers*

Quote:
2515 - (Gaian) Gaian scout craft enters Sol system and finds human civilization flourshing. Returns to Chiron and informs those that have remained.
2515 - (Terran) A Gaian scout ship arrives in Sol, in an effort to research Earth's situation. Terrans hear of Chironian success. The xenophobes lose in elections due to this, and the FTL project continues.
2515 - (Spartan) Gaian Scout craft enters Sol system and finds human civilization flourshing. Returns to Chiron and informs those that have remained.
2515 - (Drone) Gaians discover a human civilization flourishing on Earth. Drones plan to restore contact with that world.
You could say that this is the crossing point of the timelines, the one thing in common, where an event as great as Chironians contacting Terrans is recorded in. And even the date is somewhat striking, twenty-five fifteen.
Old November 24, 2001, 01:23   #24
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 03:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I never actually realized how much text there was in this story until Alynzia put it all up. I would very much like for Beyond Alpha Centauri not to be too restrictive. I can live with waving hands at travel times and the like, since I would like this to be about good reading and not about details.
Old November 24, 2001, 04:27   #25
Sprayber
Emperor

Listen guys. I will control this game. It is my creation and I will say what goes and what doens't. If you don't like it then that is tough. This story will be planned down to the slightest detail. I have my quantam singularity books checked out from the library an damn it, I'm going to use it. So all you free thinkers out there just get used to the idea that I am the thread god. I will appoint my thread enforcers and they will make sure that you mere underlings do my bidding.

LMP, Franky

Get out the whips and make sure these, these writers do their job.
Old November 24, 2001, 04:29   #26
Sprayber
Emperor

Old November 24, 2001, 07:39   #27
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:14
Quote:

Well, if you're not writing anymore, then how come you're here??

Would you make up you mind already?!
Old November 24, 2001, 12:09   #28
[LordLMP]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Listen guys. I will control this game. It is my creation and I will say what goes and what doens't. If you don't like it then that is tough. This story will be planned down to the slightest detail. I have my quantam singularity books checked out from the library an damn it, I'm going to use it. So all you free thinkers out there just get used to the idea that I am the thread god. I will appoint my thread enforcers and they will make sure that you mere underlings do my bidding.

LMP, Franky

Get out the whips and make sure these, these writers do their job.

hehe, okay that reminds me of a msgboard at livejournal...people were complaining about the moderators being to harsh to some, denying them freedom of speech (vulgarity, insult and no no subjects), and etc.... She, the mod, shot them down saying that this board isn't a democracy. As it is my board, i am the dictator and if you don't like my oppression, go create your own board. something like thAt cracked me up and so true too.

but in interactive game, we do need some agreement on some things :P

Anyway, will have starmap done sunday, as well a general main event timeline (big things, like wars, first contact, invention, etc), stats and pic for the Terran Battlecruiser, description for the Scions, Belters, and Venus...aswell a short one for the Fraal. Can't forget the ship types/sizes chart and the travel times....depending how fast you people want for the average speed of FTL

It is possible to have a lot of details without to much text and loose enough to still have fun in the game Like i said, we need some structure else the game will go kaputs.

Another thing i can do, start a webpage put all the data there instead of going after it in the apolyton archives all the time Can do it at geocities or some other, using my frontpage 2000

-LMP

-LMP
Old November 24, 2001, 12:22   #29
History Guy
King

Morganite Timeline
MORGANITE TIMELINE (MAJOR EVENTS)

(NOTE: Morgan Industries is now ‘Morgan Interstellar’. Morgan Industries is simply the
HQ city.)

c. 2399-- Morganite workers at Morgan Solarflex begin construction of colony and
mining ships.

2408-- Morganites make their first off-Planet colony, Morgan Interstellar, which
immediately starts making the wonderfully helpful products that we all know and love.
The event is remembered as “the Great Leap”. This starts a burst of new Morganic
off-Planet expansion, until the company itself abandons Planet altogether. Though the
first colonization was only on one of Chiron’s moons, Nessus Prime, the Morganites
expand to colonize a whole star system. The expansion starts in the Castor system.
Within 100 years, expansion has moved into the Pollux system, and after 200 years, into
the Propus (Procyon) system.
2417-- Morganites move their headquarters off of Chiron and become the first faction to
leave Chiron. They retain a few assets on Chiron and Nessus, But majority of Morgan
employees move with Headquarters.

2443-- After many years of expansion, prosperity, and producing useful products and
creating new product ideas, brands, and companies, CEO Morgan proposes that a scout
ship be sent down to Chiron to see what’s left of the rest of the other factions. Scout
Captain Albert Marchand is sent down with about 200 well-armed men to explore Planet.
Shortly afterward, scout ships discover a small rocky planet from which the only known
mineral to support the FTL Drive can be mined. The construction of the FTL (Faster
Than Light) Drive shortly becomes the greatest technological achievement in the history
of mankind, and with it Morgan Interstellar plans to colonize more star systems and
explore new worlds...and make heaps of money as well. The planet is soon colonized and
the company is named, aptly enough, Morgan Mines. It is then heavily garrisoned.

2445-- Scout Captain Marchand of Morgan Interstellar comes into contact with a scout
company from the Drone Republic, commanded by Foreman Domai, which seems to
have come down to Chiron for the same purposes as the Morgan scout company.
Although while on Planet, Morgan and Domai had conflicting policies and beliefs, a
Joint Venture Treaty is signed.
From Mr. President’s excellent history of the Drone Republic-- “Under the terms of the
Joint Venture, the Drones gain three-year exclusive access to certain industrial
nanorobotic technology and most-favored-nation trading status, as well as equal supply of
the vizorium mined from the Morgan colonies on Pholus and Cygnus X-3. In return, they
are obligated to produce a certain number of ships for the Morganic merchant fleet every
standard year, and must grant Interstellar equal access to all resources they exploit in
future space colonies. Phase I of the Long-Term Plan is declared mostly complete, and
made into an open-ended commitment to capitalization and privatization of the Drone
economy.”
The Drones also provide Morgan with the commlink for the remains of the Datatech and
Cult factions. There is peace with the Drones, but there are two light skirmishes with
both the Datatechs and Cult factions, but as they are very both very weak, the Morganite
scouts win both skirmishes.
2525-- As a Morganic cruisers, the M.S.C. Vanderbilt passes through the heavens, the
Morganites come in contact with the thriving empire of Sparta, under Col. Santiago, as
the cruiser encounters a small Spartan carrier. They immediately sign a pact, and the
Morganites start to sell their wares to the Spartans.
2527-- M.S.S. Nambia encounters a fleet odd shaped space craft, the likes of which has
never before been seen. On attempting to make contact with the strange craft, it opens
fire on the Nambia. The Morganite ship survives the encounter, and manages to board
one of the craft and take it over. The scientists who examine the corpses of the strange
ship’s officers have no idea as to what they are, as they are certainly not Human. The rest
of the strange space craft escape.
2529-- Spartans contact the Morganites, asking for support in building FTL Drive. She
has discovered a second planet with the mineral which supports the FTL Drive, but it
seems that she hasn’t the technology to build ships using the FTL Drive, and so she mines
the mineral and the Morganites build the ships for her with it, and in the process our great
company, Morgan Interstellar, makes a good amount of money. In Santiago’s discussion
with Morgan, she speaks to him also of the alien Bree, whom she is fighting with the
Drones against. The Bree were the ones who attacked the Nambia.
2530-- Morgan voices his support of Spartan-Drone forces in Bree War. He also sends
new high powered missiles and ground missile launchers, which are used to great effect
on land and in the air.
2539-- An assassination attempt on CEO Morgan’s life fails.
2549-- Morganites encounter University Scout Ships, and contact is made with Prokhor
Zakharov. A treaty is made, and trading begins. The University has the best technology of
all the factions, and through some very superior trading deals, the Morganites receive
some of it.
2556-- The two most glorious events in Morganite history since the “Great Leap” occur.
The first takes place on January 1st, when the space station Adam Smith is launched. It is
manned by a crew of 98, and it has several goals, the first is to send out satellites to
collect information on the galaxy and to learn more of our universe’s secrets; secondly, to
scout the star system for suitable sites for cities and companies, and sites that have the
most natural resources; thirdly, to refuel and repair Morgan Interstellar’s ships.
The second glorious event of that year was the heroic defense of Morgan Mines, the
off-Planet company which produces the single known mineral to be able to support the
FTL Drive, and the largest company of them all besides Morgan Industries, the HQ of
Morgan Interstellar. By this time, Morgan Interstellar controls about 26 planets in 4 star
systems. 8 of these planets are heavily populated, and the rest are colony planets (which
are focused around mining operations). The defense of Morgan Mines against the Bree
assault will become legendary. The Bree army is just barely kept back by the small
Morganite army. After 7 months of battling, the Bree withdraw, hoping for more
reinforcements, but they never come due to a sudden string of Spartan-Drone successes.
2568-- Human-Bree war finally ends in stalemate. Buffer zones set up between human
and Bree space. CEO Morgan calls the 40 year war “a conflict with no decisive battles.”
2572-- Morgan ships encouter the Gorn. Limited contact is made. Gorn informs
Morganites of the Bree, their sworn enemy. Morganites neglects to tell Spartans or
Drones about the encounter.
2574-- A second space station, simply called Morgan Space Station is launched.
2575-- Spartans encouter Gorn. Again limited contact is made. Spartans learn of Gorn
hatred for Bree and the Morganite encounter. Through Sparta, the Drones also learn of
the encounter.
2580-- A transport of products moving through the Betelgeuse system is attacked and
destroyed by an unknown ship. The investigation concludes that the Pirates were behind
the attack. A ship is sent out to demand an apology, which Capt. Ulrik Svensgaard is
forced to give, through gritted teeth. Svensgaard refuses to sign a treaty with Morgan, but
sells Morgan the commlinks for the Cybernetic Consciousness, the Gaians, and the
Terran Alliance. Col. Santiago is contacted and she gives Morgan Interstellar the
commlink for the Peacekeepers.
2588-- A Morgan ship, the M.S.S. Nwabudike, passes (with the help of the FTL Drive)
into the Sol System, and opens trade routes, which angers the IE Company, who are then
forced to compete with the superior Morgan products.
2589-- A Progenitor scout ship is shot down over Morgan Interstellar’s HQ. There are no
human casualties, but on further inspection of the wrecked Progenitor ship, it is
discovered to contain the corpses of 34 Usurper warriors.
2595-- Morganite colony and mining ships expand the Morgan holdings into another two
star systems and 7 planets.
2603-- Spartan MineCo reports find of valuable metal used in ship hulls. Morgan
Shipworks deliver promised ship upgrades. New shields are installed on all Spartan space
vessels. At the new Morganite company Morgan Shipbuilders, scout teams stumble upon
strange obelisks reminiscent of the ruins on Chiron. On the tall obelisks, there are carved
images of stone-age like characters in a hunting scene, spearing some wild, tusked
animals. Researchers can not identify the origins of the carvings.
2605-- War breaks out between the Spartans and the Peacekeepers. Morgan Interstellar
opts to remain neutral.
2609-- Morganite transport ships are attacked and destroyed by a Peacekeeper ship,
which is also battling several smaller Spartan ships. CEO Morgan gives the Peacekeepers
a warning that those who led the attack on the transports must be punished or war will be
declared. Instead the Peacekeepers decorate the survivors. CEO Morgan opts to support
Sparta in their war with the Peacekeepers, not through military action, but through
increased trading of weaponry.
2611-- Battle of Coventry. Spartans lauch attack on Coventry. Initial defeat of
Peeckeeper fleet is reversed when Spartans face heavy opposition after landing. Spartans
take Coventry's moon instead and establish outpost there. Commisioner Lal refers to this
as an atrocity, and expects everyone to flock to his side, and yet the Drones and the
Morganites, allies of Sparta, do not, which (to say the least) does not make Lal happy.
2630-- Morgan defends Drone actions during “Pirategate”.
2632-- Morganite warships encounter the Hive. No treaty is signed. With the end of the
Domai administration of the Drone Republic, Morganites sign a pact with the Drones’
new government.
2660-- The Great Peace ends with a few shots exchanged between Peacekeepers and
Spartans in the skies above Morgan Interstellar holdings. Up until this time there had
been no militaristic or expansionist activity for Morgan Interstellar, nothing but a period
of peace and prosperity.
2667-- Terrans finally begin to trade with Morgan Interstellar, causing the anger of InEn.
2700-- Story begins. Shots exchanged between Morgan Interstellar and InEn troops.
Old November 25, 2001, 16:19   #30
Kassiopeia
Emperor

If no-one objects, I'll do Terran Alliance characters. They do have a different leader, a Chief Secretary for instance. Ancient remnant of UN times.

Quote:
2667-- Terrans finally begin to trade with Morgan Interstellar, causing the anger of InEn.
That would mean InEn could invite Coalition in.
My idea was something in the way that InEn spesifically attempts to distribute Longevity Vaccine getting it from MI (Banned in Sol) on Earth, but, say, Morgan gets there first and cuts away the middle man? InEn gets freaked up and starts firing at the LV convoys?
Of course, if EC believes that trading with Morgan benefits it more then turning back on InEn, then it is another story.
What do you say?