Old December 17, 2001, 19:17   #301
[LordLMP]

Quote:
But in the end, we shall have to attack Callisto. We may or may not win, but it is the only way to get things done. CEO Morgan is quite angered at InEn and vows that InEn shall get what they deserve, that they can not hide behind pompous morons like Henry Tremaine and Sheng-ji Yang!

Hopefully good shall win this struggle, and Morgan Interstellar shall vanquish InEn from the universe!
If the Morganites does dare attack Callisto, you will end up having the Terran Alliance Fleet come in to help defend.... and as one of the enforcers chosen by Sprayber, i say there is no such thing as quick lightning attacks and run Sol is heavily defended...too many ships so will be hard to catch anywhere in Sol with its pants down. Besides, pretty dangerous to FTL right in the system.... may hit a planet or a moon or an astoroid, etc....

After that, the Morganites as provided the Militarist/Unitist ammo to convince the Council vote for an invasion, as well as providing its first target, Morgan Interstellar..... so do be careful

Sprayber, your ships scare me did done them yourself? they are like, so original startrek....especially that sphere like saucer section. For the Weapon mounts, they seem bit for such weapons like Disruptors, especially an Ion Cannon. Disruptors could be Small ones, but the for Ion Cannon, need such a small one to be able to fit in the space allowed on the top mount that it wouldn't make a dent. I am considering the Ion Cannon to be powerful Ship weapon that is pretty big, which pretty requires a Capital Ship or something to carry one. Basing the Ion Cannon on the one in Homeworld. Sure a burst only Ion Cannon may take less space, but for your System Ship, it is to big.... Sorry for being a pain
Anyway, the Spartans don't even need weapons, those ships would be capable to scare the enemy away

-LMP
Old December 17, 2001, 19:34   #302
[LordLMP]

Okay, for the Starmap, I need the Spartans to chose another color other then Black so i can color mark their territory on the Starmap. Sam University, some other then White I will be treating White as a neutral star system or unexplored and so on.
Kass, what color should be use to identify Terran Alliance territory? What colors for the Bree and Tarn?

Peacekeepers: bluish grey
Gaians: brought Green
Morganites: Yellow
Free Drones: brownish Red
Cyborgs: light greyish Blue (or whatever)
Pirates: light Blue (of course, they currently don't control any systems )
Data Angels: Purple (as the pirates, currently don't control any systems)
Believers: Orange
Hive: dark Blue
Cult: their pink color (don't control any systems, i don't think they will anytime soon)
anyone else i miss?

-LMP
Old December 17, 2001, 20:11   #303
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
LMP: light gray will work for the spartans. Maybe gun metal gray
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2001, 20:50   #304
Sprayber
Emperor

Hey dont' make fun of my ships. Besides, those are support craft and dont' need to be pretty, just functional. Let some Terran or hive ships come to the Spartan Home System and while they laugh, the SPCs will be busy cutting their hull into nice little sections.

As for the mounts, thats just the way the ship is designed. It has nothing to do with the size of the weapons. And I was trying to get the point across that these are older designs, but the reason why it was still around cause it was found to be very effective. When you come into the system you will be met by many of these craft all in 3s and 4s. Thats not all you will meet, but those are the first visible sign of defense. And as the enemy ships are thinking why are they using such old ships they begin to notice that those old ships are firing very new weapons and that one of your fleets ships just went up on a ball of light. Then you wonder why your comm traffic is breaking up. Then out of no where swarms of missile are coming your way. You begin to try to order your ships to concentrate on taking the SPCs out, when your monitors register more of them coming in from behind you. But these ships are leaving small objects behind them. you notice that the SPCs are working in their groups and not just there for show. Thats when the first report of one of your ships striking a mine comes in. By the time you realize that those new ships had been laying a perimiter of mines the first Spartan capital ships start arriving. But they were supposed to be on the Morganite border you scream at your intell officer. but he is hiding under an instrament panel and cant hear you. An hour later the last of your ships are being hunted in the asteroid belt. Your fleet never even made it to the defensive stations located in the inner system. Cold and alone, your life pod has another 4 hours worth of air left. As you sit and ponder what the folks back home will think, you notice a shadow form inside your pod. You look up and see one of those damned little fighters that had added insult to injury only a few hours ago. You don't have time to consider why you invaded the peace loving people of Sparta, cause the pilot is about to get off duty and doesn't have time to give you the proper send off. He opens up his banks and you become one with the Syrma system.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 17, 2001, 20:58   #305
Sprayber
Emperor

Kass: Go ahead and make your post.

Everyone: Sorry about the long winded story. Just giving you a little taste of what you would expect in your unscheduled trip through the Syrma system. Other systems woud vary, but the Syrma system is vastly more protected. Thats why all you freighter captains better follow the designated space lanes while visiting Spartan territory.
Old December 17, 2001, 23:10   #306
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 17:14
Please forgive my tardiness in posting, my faimly runs a flower shop and I have to work now. I think I will be able to make a IC post within this week, but time is a resoruce that is running low for me.
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2001, 23:15   #307
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:14
my gas-powered computer....
sorry, my rickety old jalopy of a computer is pretty old. Actually pretty old doesn't do it justice...I have to jiggle the cd drive door in order for it to open.

So, what does this have to do with anything? Well, I don't know how to send you all a copy marking Hive territory but I can describe it to you all.

As for the story and visuals....I'll let each of you use your imagination as to how Hive ships look like. I'll post some pics of some ships later, but I want each of you to use your imagination!

oh, what is the address for the official map? I kinda wanna see the territories and do the Hive-type thing that we do.

BTW, Sprayber if its alright with you,

Can I post something if it has nothing to do with the other factions, travelling or movement. I want to post something to deepen the Hive plot and it wont have anything to with movement across space, but rather have talking and on-planet movement instead of cross-galaxy movement. Is this alright with you?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2001, 00:57   #308
Sprayber
Emperor

Go ahead Franky.

Go ahead and post whatever any of you guys have just keep the movements to a minimum until we get the distances and territory finalized.
Old December 18, 2001, 01:00   #309
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Silence
Please forgive my tardiness in posting, my faimly runs a flower shop and I have to work now. I think I will be able to make a IC post within this week, but time is a resoruce that is running low for me.
Don't worry about it siliance, post when you can. We all here know how the outside world is. Just post when you can and what you can. Heck, our peacekeepers has yet to make a post. But he is real busy with important stuff ( ).
Old December 18, 2001, 09:06   #310
[LordLMP]

Sprayber, still, those 5-10 meter Ion Cannon won't do much to bigger ships :P even the disruptors would be consider Light compare to the big ones bigger ships can carry. Effective? with such mounts, i would think it would be easy to disable their weapons :P

Also, i don't think it would be that easy for the Spartans to defend their system, unless the enemy is small and pathetic. Concerning ECM, there is such things as ECCM.....also, can't disruptor all forms of communication, like the cyborgs for example

Even if ECM may also disrupt targeting locks....it would be useless against Optical Locks ...or Infrared locks. As for mines, simply need a good sensor unit and you find them Besides, solar systems are pretty Big would need a lot of those SPCs to defend every area of the system as for your pesky missiles, if the ship as a good Point Defence and group up with other ships of its kind, wouldn't bother them much don't forget Fighter support too

So if i ever plan an invasion attempt on Syrma, it will be bloody just then, the Spartans would have to rethink of their defence and their conservative discipline tactics. That would be awhile to come, need ships and good enough reason to pull off such a mission.

Oh, found a good pic of a group of Starship Trooper cruisers from the computer animated show... prefered to have a closer shot, but oh wells.

I will post the map tonite, as well as updating the site... busy with school work too.

-LMP
Old December 18, 2001, 11:03   #311
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
Kass, what color should be use to identify Terran Alliance territory?
Look at my attachment. I'll be damned to know a name for it.

I will now write the post, and post it later on.
Attached Images:

Old December 18, 2001, 11:08   #312
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I do not remember if the above is PK blue, thus I added this one, which should not be Gaian nor Caretaker green *crosses fingers*

(Btw, white will do if anything else fails, but that would fit some independent people better)
Attached Images:

Old December 18, 2001, 14:49   #313
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
Thant's the colour of the Cyborgs!!!

Forget it - let me post first! This way I won't need to change my text and I'll stop hastling you! Por favore?
Old December 18, 2001, 15:46   #314
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
Finally posted! BTW, I didn't post anything in the character thread yet!
Old December 18, 2001, 16:14   #315
Kassiopeia
Emperor

When I saw that you had posted, I was something like
but when I read the post I went into a soothing :
cool:
feeling. I had to edit only one line, and now it's up.
Old December 18, 2001, 19:46   #316
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:14
Right, looks good. I will try to post soon. Heavens, this week has been very busy for me.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2001, 02:07   #317
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 04:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted in the sign-in thread; I think I've got this messed up
Spartan group, Sprayber shall have to give his consent, though I like the idea. If you do get to do them give them a Sounds like a good idea. You are welcome to join in General. As for the break-off historical name that has something to do with the historical Spartans of Greece. "Hoplites" doesn't really sound that great, but it would be a possibility. Delians, perhaps? They were a bunch of Athenians and Spartans that led the Delian League just before the Peloponnesian War.
Quote:
Originally posted in the Sign-in thread
Either your a DL of mine or you have gotten inside my head somehow. If you look above I reserved a place for the factions called firaxis. I was going to basically do what you described, but was also going to throw in former PK colonists as well. Kind of like several groups of colonists have gotten lost in the early years of exploration and found there way to Firaxis. there they meet up with other colonists from other factions afer years of fighting among themeselves they decided to cooperate when the Spartans and PK came calling wanting to add them to their empires. I called it Firaxis cause I didnt' have a better name and kind of paid tribute to the company. So if you want to take this one that would be cool. feel free to change the name or whatever. But I would like them to be on the Spartan-PK border. That way we can have lots of fun playing the two great powers off agaisnt each other. OR if you sill like your idea that would be cool too. Oh yeah, lets move the discussion over to the discussion thread

Other possible names

Helot-the name the ancient spartans gave to their slave population (formally called the Messenians.) The spartans conquered them and made them do their labor.

Laconia-region where the spartans came from. (you may have the spartans enraged if you call it that. Its kind of like the current situation with the greeks not wanting the country to their not north to be called macedonia.

Agis-name of a spartan king who refused peace with the romans IIRC and was killed in battle against them. this is what one site said about him
quote: An interesting event occurred in connection with Agis's death. He had fought gloriously and fell with many frontal wounds. As he was being carried by his soldiers back to Sparta, he found himself surrounded by the enemy. Despairing of his own life, he ordered the rest to make their escape with all speed and to save themselves for the service of their country, but he himself armed and rising to his knees defended himself, killed some of the enemy and was himself slain by a javelin cast; he had reigned nine years.
I quite like the idea about the faction being on the PK border, I think I'll ditch the alien idea. So the new story goes like this: A couple of Spartan colony ships are grabbed by dissenters (carrying, I might add, a quite substantial stockpile of Spartan military hardware) and run to an unexplored system to escape pursuit. In this system, a PK colony ship dissapeared some time ago after it's FTL drive failed and it was presumed lost. The Pk colonists landed and are surviving but not by much when the rebels also land. The two groups are in conflict for a short while before the PK colonists decide to join the rebels and form their own faction.

I'm not entirely sure what their ideology would be, I think it would be basically a more human and less militarstic version of the traditional Spartan one. As for the name, I think 'Lakedaemonians' (ancient name for the land that Sparta ruled) sounds good, you could shorten it to 'Lake-Ds'.

By the way Sprayber, what did you mean by DL?
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2001, 03:19   #318
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Hey General Tacticus!

It's good to hear that you're getting things developed nicely. (I gotta suck up cause you might be another potential ally ) just kidding!

Anyway, just a reminder. Please create a timeline for your faction and post it in the Sign-In thread. That way all we have to do is look there to see the events that led your faction up to 2700.

Also, can you describe some of your characters and post in the Character Thread? If you're having trouble creating characters, just take a look at the other factions characters....but hands-off on the Hive !

Sorry if this sounds bossy, but we kinda have to keep the discussion thread small cause I've noticed its getting kinda large!
Also, that's what we all had to do.

Hey History Guy and Silence!

Where's your timelines? So far in the Sign-In thread there's the Spartans, the Drone Republic, The Greater Hive Empire, Gaians.....hey what about the Sol solar system and the rest??? I kinda wanted to see what all the other events that led up to 2700!
Old December 19, 2001, 09:01   #319
[LordLMP]

Timelimes will be posted on the webpage, it will be DONE before this weekend.........................................
General, no string disruptors and do be aware that there was a huge war against the Proginators sometime between 2221 and 2380.

-LMP
Old December 19, 2001, 13:38   #320
Sprayber
Emperor

LMP: (I have some pictures of the ship you are talking about. If you want I can post some here and see if you want them or I can post them on my site and you can see them there. On one site it had pictures of the original model used in filming. The model was something like 18 feet. And very detailed.

I said that the Spartans were convervative, but I never said they were smart for being conservative. About the Comm systems. I think it would be possible to block communications. Not compleatly of course, but good enough to hamper ship to ship communications. And your right about the visual targeting systems, but a space fleet should take away as much as they can from the enemy. Thing about invading the Syrma system or any other advanced system for that matter is the element of surprise. Most of the bigger factions will have lots of territory around their home system. And even thougth sensors may not be able to tell exactly what is coming or how many, they will diffietly know something is coming. So that is something everyone should remember. A surprise attack is very hard to pull off on core systems. Now fringe systems are a different matter.

I can't believe anyone else said anything about my post. Only one to take up the issue was LMP.

I thought I would have gotten some more WTF is he talking about posts. Anyway, I have found some really cool ships to use as my SPCs. They will do very nicely if I do say so myself. I will update my page tonight.

Oh and the real reason I put the ion cannon on there is for two reasons. One, I was waiting for everyone to come to come kind of agreement on what kind of weapons we should have. Two, I just wanted to see if anyone actually looked at my stuff.

Coming attractions

Spartan Military Station and associated Craft
Spartan Orbitial Habitation Station
The new and improved System Patrol Craft.
And maybe some Character stuff.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	trooper1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	7924  
Old December 19, 2001, 13:48   #321
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
By the way Sprayber, what did you mean by DL?

It's short for Double Login. I was just commenting on how similar our ideas were. I like everything you said about your new faction. Just don't cozy up to the PKs too much or Sparta will come knocking on your door.

Guardian is going to love your new faction when he gets back. Guardian is the writer for the PKs. Or, he will be when he comes back.

I may still try and do some kind of independent planet. Nothing too much. Mainly a neutral world where everyone is welcome. Could be a good place for the Pirates to get out and streatch ther legs every now and then.

Here is another picture that I have LMP. I even have two pictures of the view from the bridge.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	trooper.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	7925  
Old December 19, 2001, 17:24   #322
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
hey what about the Sol solar system and the rest??? I kinda wanted to see what all the other events that led up to 2700!
http://personal.phpoint.net/bac.htm - Click on "Terran Timeline"
Old December 19, 2001, 17:55   #323
[LordLMP]

Sprayber, thanks That ship may not look like a pirate ship, but the Pirates are still a force to contend with.

Way i see the Pirates:

The faction is pretty much seperated into various "Gangs" (if someone as a better word that would fit the pirates, please do tell ). Each Gang is different and have different specialties, but culturally pretty much the same. Think of the Clans in Battletech and the Tribes in the Starsiege universe, along with typical modern "gangs". There won't be any central government and they pretty do their own thing, yet, they usually work together when dealing with a common enemy....especially those few occasions another faction and so on attempt in eradicating the Pirate menace some work together for mutual survival, trading, and etc...they would have too as practicly all of the factions dislike them... The Pirate Faction as a whole is scattered all over Human space, even in other factions territories in Starbases, outposts, ground bases, big mix match wandering desserter ships (think of those nomadic human wanderer ships in that animated movie Titan A.E.), and etc....... They don't control any solar systems to themselves and don't control any habitable world. because of that, it is hard to completly eliminate them. The only serious real territory any pirate gang controls in the bases on Chiron, controlled by the Nautilus gang (they don't go off pirating and so on, as they seriously don't need too. They also control some ship yards and a Starbase around Chiron. They generally represent the Pirates in the Chiron Council, but other factions can't exactly give them heck for what other gangs as done...but they do get pressured at times for supplying some of the other gangs ships, fighters and supplies.) The Pirate population is pretty mix....largely born Pirates, but good portion of the pirate general populace is comprised of other factions undesirables and defectors. the worse of them (murderers, rapers, etc) are disliked and turn away by practically all of the gangs....except for the Larionov (the most evil gang) and the Blood Eagles (a evil version of the spartans) The Pirates are naturally the master Survivors and Scavengers. Some gangs actually operate mines and so on...but they generally survive by pirating, raiding, privateering, trading, mercenaring, etc.
At the moment, one dominating gang ias been gaining a lot of power in the last several decades via various means then just their typical Pirate stuff. Will be part of the Pirate timeline and the main story focus concerning the pirates in the gaming. Oh, the Data Angels are also pretty much integrated with teh Pirates, helping each other out. The Angels do have their own "gang", but they are not much into the pirate stuff...they pretty have their factional agenda. since they are pretty much merge with the pirates, they know how the inner pirate's frontier like politics are.
The favourite factions the pirates like to pick on is the Morganites and the Free Drones, occasionally the Spartans when they see the opportunity... (Sprayber, can the dominating Pirate gang have somehow and miraculously steal one of the Spartans' "warlock" capital ships? could be an embarressing lost for the Spartans...and also when the Spartans starting to consider the Pirates as a serious threat ) The Factions the Pirates GENERALLY (each gang have each their own preferences and relations with each faction) don't bother to much is the Cyborgs, Peacekeepers and the Gaians. So technicly, they will pick one the bigger factions most

Frank, there seriously won't be any Pirates in the Hive's core territory...as they are outside of the Pirates influence...but there may be Pirates at the edge or just inside Hive territory....

As for the solar systems......they are big and prefer to keep that feeling in the game....so no startrek sublight speeds where they can go from Earth to Pluton in 30 to 60 minutes at max impulse. In sublight speeds in 2700, the fastest STL ship should only take a couple or more days to get from Earth to Pluto (if you don't consider the astoroid belt being in the way).

Will also have to have some FTL rules ...which i base it on the Honor Harrington books FTL laws and the Battletechs.... FTL within a system is pretty dangerous.....to be safe, ships should enter by FTLing to the edge of the system, where there is a nav buoy, and then proceed in STL. Of course, there will be those jumps into the system, to get shorting travelling time, but that is dangerous.....even more so if you don't have proper up to date nav charts of the solar system! The bigger the star...further the safe limit is... think of a solar system being in a Saucer shaped bubble.....the edge of the bubble is the safe limit..... so meaning, if your destination is a World is in the core of the system, you'll be better to jump to on top....... does anyone get what i trying to say here?

As for detecting FTL "footprints", you would need a good long range FTL detector sensors, which is pretty large (usually as huge sensor array platforms) that can detect FTL footprints under 1 lightyear away of the FTL detector. Usually only big core systems have such detection arrays in their system........
If let say a fleet of ship jumps in close together, the FTL detector will only detect a large fluctuated FTL footprint, so making it hard to guess how ships there is....but can detect multiple footprints if the ships are away from each other. the detector won't be able to tell you who the ships belong too or where they are going in the system.....you would need more conventional scanners/sensors to find that out. It is possible to make faint FTL prints if the ship is small and have a very smooth "quiet" FTL drive. Some very good FTL Detectors can tell the difference between a Sol FTL, a CHiron FTL, a Fraal FTL(the fraal ftl is quite smooth , so hard to detect) and so on.... so meaning, can the different betweem FTLs that uses different technologies/designs

what you people think? will make these rules point form on the site thought.

-LMP
Old December 20, 2001, 00:22   #324
Sprayber
Emperor

Do all the Pirate gangs have those ships or just some.

About stealing a ship. I don't have a problem with that but if I may let me suggest a scenario that will allow the Pirates to get one, but not make the Spartans look completely incompetent.

The Warlock ship is a relatively new class of ship for Sparta. It is cutting edge technology but they take a lot of time to build. But the Spartans are pushing the Drones (Who are jointly involved in the warlock project) to produce more in a relatively short period of time. The Drones insist that it takes time to build these ships especially since the paranoid Spartans insist on them building the ships in Spartan territory(hence a large population of Drone and Morganite citizens living in the Spartan Home system) But the Spartans are impatient and ask the Drones to begin building them in other shipyards. But most of the Drone shipyards are already being used by other projects. (It could come out later that the Drones asked if more room should be built and the Spartans had declined the offer) Anyway, the Drones have to improvise and one of the corners cut was that warlocks were being built in a out of the way system supposedly under Spartan protection, but ended up that one of the Pirate gangs managed to fight their way in or sneak in and steal one of the Warlocks before completion. The more sensitive components had not been installed as of yet(Can't have all my secrets on the black market ) but the FTL drive had been installed. That way the Pirates can put whatever they want in the ship.

This way, the Spartans will be to blame for pushing the drones to build more ships without the local Spartan commander providing adequate protection. Of course Mr. President will have to agree since we would be using the Drones.
Old December 20, 2001, 00:33   #325
Sprayber
Emperor

Oh and shouldn't the Pirates be more interested in a faction like the Peackeepers with a lot of easy to pick targets then the Spartans who travel around in armed convoys for just about everything? And some wonder why the Spartans are aggressive. They have enemies on all sides.
Old December 20, 2001, 01:34   #326
Frankychan
King

Thanks Kass! I'll be 'net surfing there soon.

For LMP------> instead of "gangs", how about "clans"? I know it sounds cliche but it does sounds appropriate. Or if not "clans", how about "houses"? Just trying to throw some idea's out for ya!
Also, thanks for respecting my creativity. If no Pirates were in Hive territory, that would be GREATLY appreciated!

Well, I just took my last final today so I'm gonna P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!!!!

You all take care this holiday season and I'll see you all in my next post...probably a few days from now!

Last edited by Frankychan; December 20, 2001 at 03:09.
Old December 20, 2001, 05:27   #327
[LordLMP]

Sprayber, the dominant gang (maybe i will use clans, but i still looking for another word....the word can be from another language, as long as it sounds right for the Pirates) as been getting a lot power, which as started in the last half of the 2600s... when they were information trading with an Fraal ship (more like getting useful tinbits from the fraal then trading)... Fraal mention of another species 10 thousand lightyears away or so and they have a large ship of theirs 300 lightyears or so away from human space. So the pirate gang went off in an expedition to locate and contact that species for some strange reason....so the gang wasn't much seen for about a year or so. they succeeded and located the ship, and the rest of its task force, 180 lightyears away from human space, with bit of help from the Fraal "mainly providing clues". So the gang had a peaceful first contact with this alien species. they realize that the large ship and the group they belonged too was informed by the Fraal of the human race, so they sent an expedition. the gang's leader explain the Fraal have informed them of them. They both shruged, agreeing that no one knows why the Fraal does things. both the gang and the alien fleet tagged along in the middle of nowhere for a couple months, exchanging all sort information about each others species and eventually technologies. The gang fleet came back to human space with some inovative, yet not very advance, technologies and ideas. The gang quickly made full use of the technologies...after a few years, they built a few ship yards at some hidden location and started building some new breed of ships.....like the Heavy Cruiser, Strike Cruiser, Assault Carrier and so on.... with the gangs reputation of being good in diplomacy, they may various deals with some the other gangs, th data angels, so on.... So they started being the dominant gang of the Faction and it is seems they pushing for an united Pirate Faction base on the Macky government doctrines...which is pretty much only improving the the faction internal politics. Because of that, the other factions are starting to see the pirates become more organized, starting to work together more often, having new odd ships, and most of all, they seem to have Real purpose with their latest pirate attacks, raids, pirating, etc a long with actions which is a bit unusual for the pirates. One of the big instances that drown a lot of attention to the pirates is when the they (later discover to be of the dominating gang) somehow succeeded in capturing one of the SPartans newest capital shipp, the warlocks. (this is here we need to figure out, but here is the scenario i was thinking of) A Spartan Warlock and some escorts received a distress call from a local Spartan convoy who is being attacked by pirate ships near the a asteroid belt.... so they made a short and dangerous jump to the area the convoyu is being attacked. once in range, the pirate ships just simply started attacking the warlock's escorts and few minutes later, about 7 pirate strike cruisers a long with some other smaller ships appeared out of the belt. the Strike Cruisers started firing EMP missiles at the Warlock from long range.... it was quite a battle, where the spartan escorts eventually got eliminated and the Strike Cruisers started launching some odd tug like ships at the warlock, which was by now semi-dissabled, its STL engines almost dead and a destroyed FTL drive. The Spartan Captain, making the judgement that the tug like ships must be the pirate's new bording ships, followed protocol by starting the self-destruct of the ship to avoid capture (besides, the damaged convoy is long gone by now). When its Reactors was about to go critical and explode, the Tugs still continued towards the warlock, surround it while starting firing these strange purplish tractor beam like beams at the ship....next thing you know, the reactor simply shut down, avoiding self-destruction while the other s-d mechanisms got dissabled. Then, the surviving crew simply started to lose control of their ship while the pirates started bording the ship with their infamous marines....was quite deck to deck battle for the ship, both sides don't mind causing even more damage to the ship. The pirates eventually won the ship by eliminating 2/3 of the remaining crew and stunning the rest...yet the ship was quite beat up from the in and out, yet the structure of the ship was still intact. The spartans succeeded to manually destroy their computer cores and other vital systems. The spartans sent more ships to the area, but the pirates and the warlock simply dissapeared....which doesn't stop the spartans to have a large system wide search. almost a year later, the stolen Warlock appeared in the pirates' hands, leading an attack on some morganite outpost. of the most ironic things, the warlock was called the Impossible, which the Pirates kept.... currently, the warlock is being use as flagship by the gang's leader.
Is that okay?

Doesn't the Free Drones excel in Industrial Automation and Robotics? I am sure they succeeded in having worker droids to do most of the construction at ship yards

-LMp
Old December 21, 2001, 00:12   #328
Sprayber
Emperor

http://www.geocities.com/hydro070/te...?1008914387910

I updated my ship section. Check out the New System Patrol Craft and my station.
Old December 21, 2001, 04:04   #329
[LordLMP]

just to say, that HALO soldier is a geneticly engineered and technologicly enhanced SPARTAN-II soldier

-LMP
Old December 21, 2001, 04:47   #330
Sprayber
Emperor

LMP: That is a Spartan All-Enviromental Marine. I know, the name is definitly messed up but hey.

I thought it would be fun to do something with my webpage. So I put up a quotes page. Quotes about Spartans from other people. Kind of a historical record if you will. Feel free to contribute, and I will put them up on my page. Here are some samples

BTW. I'm not implying that Spart did all the fighting against the Bugs. Thats just how the Spartans saw it at the time. I'm sure the Pks, Hive, Pirates and others saw the Spartan contribution in a different light.

http://www.geocities.com/hydro070/SpQuotes.html

Mr. President: You starting another story already.

What do you think about my scenario about The Pirates getting a Spartan ship from a Drone shipyard. Feel free to change it a little or reject it. I was just putting out ideas.

Last edited by Sprayber; December 21, 2001 at 05:02.