Old December 21, 2001, 18:52   #331
[LordLMP]

what about my idea?
-LMP
Old December 21, 2001, 19:49   #332
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 03:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Mr. President: You starting another story already.

What do you think about my scenario about The Pirates getting a Spartan ship from a Drone shipyard. Feel free to change it a little or reject it. I was just putting out ideas.
Yeah, I've got too many ideas for my own good. You'll like it, though. By the end there won't be any Peacekeeper state left at all.

But back to Beyond Alpha Centauri, I like the shipyard idea. Unfortunately, since the map wouldn't open properly for me (it was extremely small and refused all attempts at enlargement), I couldn't tell you where a good location would be. Not Vega, though; it's the home system now, and is protected by nasty Firebrand weapons satellites. I think there's a picture of them on a previous page of this thread.

Hmm . . . how about somewhere between Vega and Insider (the Bree Fringe)? About halfway to the Bree would do. It's a supposed secure area, so we wouldn't have expected a daring Pirate raid right into the heart of Drone industrial space.

Last edited by Mr. President; December 21, 2001 at 19:54.
Mr. President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2001, 20:21   #333
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

Yeah, I've got too many ideas for my own good. You'll like it, though. By the end there won't be any Peacekeeper state left at all.

But back to Beyond Alpha Centauri, I like the shipyard idea. Unfortunately, since the map wouldn't open properly for me (it was extremely small and refused all attempts at enlargement), I couldn't tell you where a good location would be. Not Vega, though; it's the home system now, and is protected by nasty Firebrand weapons satellites. I think there's a picture of them on a previous page of this thread.

Hmm . . . how about somewhere between Vega and Insider (the Bree Fringe)? About halfway to the Bree would do. It's a supposed secure area, so we wouldn't have expected a daring Pirate raid right into the heart of Drone industrial space.
That would be great. LMP should have the map on his webpage soon with color coded territories.

LMP: I would rather have the Pirates make a raid on a shipyard. We could still have had a battle with the local Spartan protection force of only a few ships. (Something the Drones had no doubt pointed out to the Spartans when they were asked to increase the number of ships yards producing the warlocks) With the Pirates bording the ship while attached in the shipyard and the Spartans turning their weapons on the ship but only doing minimal damage. This way the Spartans arent too sure about who it was cause if an entire group of ships plus a fully manned warlock vessel was taken then they would have began a campaign to locate every single pirate hold that they could find and kill them all. (Including Chiron. I know that would lead to conflict with the PKs. But it would be a matter of honor) . Cause that would be the reaction of the Spartans. That would mean of course that engaging the hive and establishing new colonies in that area would not have taken place just yet. .
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2001, 03:23   #334
[LordLMP]

So the Spartans is willing to take on the whole Pirate Faction then simply hunting down the gang responsible for it? geez

Do realize that each gang as different relations with each other and the other factions.

-LMP
Old December 22, 2001, 06:04   #335
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
So the Spartans is willing to take on the whole Pirate Faction then simply hunting down the gang responsible for it? geez

Do realize that each gang as different relations with each other and the other factions.

-LMP
That will be the initial reaction and Kessel would be pressured to do just that. But he will be tempered by the fact that the PKs and Hive are still out there. Besides, Kessel likes having the Pirates out there raiding some ships, just not spartan, drone, and morgan ones. I guess if this takes place two years ago, he could be trying to find out which gang did it. Could he use relations with some data angels that have worked for Sparta in the past to get this kind of information?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 22, 2001, 09:56   #336
Alynzia
Warlord

Local Time: 17:14
The Progenitors WHAT?
These are so damn tacky .

I can't be bothered to quote LMP but he said I can't share a system with the Caretakers because they are disinterested in Chiron and have no contact with Chironian factions... but didn't they have a war way back.

Is is so crazy! loony! crazy! to propose a small number of Caretakers initially inhabited that system when the Gaians sent a scout craft there a long time ago. It was a Caretaker frontier colony that was under threat from native life forms. Caretaker techniques of ecological harmony had become a little rusty due to the fact they have be focussed on killing Usurpers, plus this frontier colony had been somewhat neglected by the PTB. I just imagined the Gaians came along and helped the Caretakers manage this system and aided them because they arre nice hippy people. In order to make the colony a workable thing the two factions now pool their resources. This is an instance of a local cooperative rather than a intimate alliance.

Alynzia.
Alynzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2001, 13:47   #337
[LordLMP]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

That will be the initial reaction and Kessel would be pressured to do just that. But he will be tempered by the fact that the PKs and Hive are still out there. Besides, Kessel likes having the Pirates out there raiding some ships, just not spartan, drone, and morgan ones. I guess if this takes place two years ago, he could be trying to find out which gang did it. Could he use relations with some data angels that have worked for Sparta in the past to get this kind of information?
Since the Data Angels is currently integrated with the Pirates, and that they are best friends, they will not tell the Spartans...well, depending on which gang they looking for...and they also provide false information and get the spartans to hunt down some gang they dislike, like the Larionovs or the Blood Eagles, lol Data Angels doesn't have a central government at the moment either... Anyway, rather the raid to steal a Warlock happened a decade or so before 2700.

Spartans may try eliminate the pirates, but they will have a hard time the pirates are over the place and this time and space, they are the ultimate Survivalists

-LMP
Old December 22, 2001, 14:10   #338
[LordLMP]

Re: The Progenitors WHAT?
Quote:
Originally posted by Alynzia
These are so damn tacky .

I can't be bothered to quote LMP but he said I can't share a system with the Caretakers because they are disinterested in Chiron and have no contact with Chironian factions... but didn't they have a war way back.
Like i said Alynzia, the Proginators that came to Chiron crashed landed, stranded.... lost cmmunication with the rest of the Proginators. Meaning, they considered those scout ships lost and they didn't bother to go looking for them.... so the proginators in space don't know of what happened on Chiron, Manifold Six...... if they knew, as well a sknowing that Chiron is Manifold Six, then they would of came and take over Chiron before the factions developed FTL or even reach 2700. If they ever find out and discover that Chiron is Manifold Six, they will launch a crusade to acquire it......the Usurpers to use it to achieve godhood....the caretakers to take to prevent the Usurpers in having it.....or maybe some other proginator factions for any reason...(no chaos faction please)....... So by 2700, the Proginators don't know, and they only discovered of humanity in the 2600s, yet don't care for diplomacy with them as they are no threat and they busy fighting among themselves and other bigger species like the Bree. In general, they rather blast the humans then to bother with diplomacy.

Quote:
Is is so crazy! loony! crazy! to propose a small number of Caretakers initially inhabited that system when the Gaians sent a scout craft there a long time ago. It was a Caretaker frontier colony that was under threat from native life forms. Caretaker techniques of ecological harmony had become a little rusty due to the fact they have be focussed on killing Usurpers, plus this frontier colony had been somewhat neglected by the PTB. I just imagined the Gaians came along and helped the Caretakers manage this system and aided them because they arre nice hippy people. In order to make the colony a workable thing the two factions now pool their resources. This is an instance of a local cooperative rather than a intimate alliance.
Here is a compromise, the caretakers which the Gaians found is a Splinter Colony, formed after a Caretaker ship crashlanded on that world by themselves and loosing most of their technology.... Gaians come along and they discover them, establish a colony there and intereact with the Caretakers..... but the Gaians, knowing full well these Caretakers will try to re-contact with the rest of the Caretakers...and if the caretakers on that world discovers where the Gaians come from, how they knew of the Proginators language off the bat, etc... and tell that to the rest of the Caretakers,....then Chiron and the human factions will be in danger. So the Gaians is playing a dangerous game and also keep this info away from the rest of the Chiron Factions, knowing full well what their reaction would and the Gaians i am sure don't want to attract that kind of attention upon them. The Caretakers and Gaians may work together on that world, but doesn't mean the Gaians can easily get along with the rest of the Caretakers. what do you think?

Also Alynzia, do you wish to have the Gaians near hive, so you can go on with your secret relations with them? if so, then Ursa Majoris systems may not be close to them...... so thinking of just giving ya equal amount of solar systems near hive territory, and then you can name the systems whatever you want. Being close to the hive also mean being close to the Free Drones and the Spartans.

-LMP
Old December 22, 2001, 14:16   #339
[LordLMP]

Society Stats....not required, but would help
Society: (society name)

Size: (how many solar systems, worlds, etc they control)
(estimate of how big the population is, with maybe an idea as to where they are mainly concentrated....for some societies, they have different species)

Language(s): what language? in general, all human factions/societies speak various versions of english...but may have other languages. Sol English and Chiron English may differ you can say... now that chiron factions have lower general intereaction due t distances, english may start to differ a lot...but still quite understandable)

Government/Politics: what kind of gov? how does their government work, lead, etc...if any? how is the internal politics?

Social Factors:
-Economy
(maybe write a quick blurb about this aspect of the society...how good is the economy?)
-Efficiency
(are they careless slobs or not?)
-Support
(not sure how this will work...populace support or not for anything?)
-Morale
(this doesn't equal to experience and training for the military, just how they feel.
Also can the morale of the general populace...which would effect the Support somewhat)
-Police
(how good are they to prevent dissent, crime, etc and how come? higher this is, harder to infiltrate the society)
-Growth
(how fast the populaton grows? infrastructure growth? etc....)
-Industry
(how good is the industry? why is that?)
-Planet (Environment)
(how clean are they? how much they care about the environment of their worlds?)
-Probe (Espionage)
(generally, how good are they in espionage/counter-espionage? they may be good in one part and crappy at the other just to say)
-Research
(how good is their research? this doesn't represent how advance they are, just their research capabilities...)
-Military
(in general, how good is their military? they may rule in Ground Warfare, yet suck in Space Warfare and vice versa for whatever reason you may give)

Economy: (how does their economy work? how good are they in it? why is that? does the economy depend on trade or some business field or resources, or etc? this is where you may expand your description of this aspect of your society, or whatever other aspects... these are the main ones i would like to see)

Technological Base: (in general, how advance are they? give a rating or description...i may edit this part a bit, base on your ideas)
Space Construction: (the societies specialization or faults that differs from the tech rating)
Nanotechnology: (how good are they in these fields, etc...)
Biotechnology:
Industrial Automation:
Genejack technology:
bio-engineering:
Psionics:
etc:

Military: (describe how the military works, and so on... their specialties or faults, with ratings that differs from the general military stats like.....)
Space Warfare:
Ground Warfare:
Gear Warfare:
Power Armor Infantry:
Hovertank:
etc:

(may list or have a link to your site as to kind of ships and units they have, with description and etc....... military may be small, yet powerful/advance/experience, or vice versa)

Culture: (generally describe the society, their culture, their dogma, ideology, etc...)

Other: anything else?

these will be posted on the beyondalphacentauri site or simply link to the page where this will be located on your site
what does people think? trying to mix in a Fudge system and SMAC stats and so on....... numbers are nothing really, but gives an idea as tot he differences between other factions thought

-LMP
Old December 22, 2001, 16:57   #340
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
That's the most of what I have been written all around in the past and what my site was about. Compiling them in a single location, in short, where to check them as needed is intriguing as an idea.
Old December 22, 2001, 19:18   #341
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:14
I'm back everyone...wooooo!
Yes, I'm back after a couple of days of P-A-R-T-Y-S!!!!!

LMP,

I honestly don't think the Gaians need to be near Hive space. I don't think the proximity of our two factions need to be close together because they are "guests" in our system. Like an embassy, the "ambassador" does not need to be close to his or her nation in order to conduct business in that territory.

The Gaian presence in our system is like this analogy. Just because there are Gaians in our system does not necessarily mean that our two empires/factions/governments need to be close to one another....

I, as an author, think that whatever Alynzia chooses as her plot toward whatever goal she designs for the Gaian faction is appropriate. So long as she is able to express her creative "powers" is alright with me.

As for the compilation of factional (or in my case...super-omega-duper-grand-awesomeness-cool-rad....empire) information, I think that this idea is a very much needed source or information. If one of us would like information in future posts, all an author would need to do is check the info and hopefully will be able to piece together a plot worthy of the gods

Well, I think I've said enough.....BTW everyone, keep up the guud posts and ideas. And Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, or whatever religion you do practice....but have a nice holiday season everyone and have fun! Wooo!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2001, 17:05   #342
Sprayber
Emperor

Genaral: I only have a couple small problems with your timeline.

I don't think Morgan would sell anything to a group so viloently opposed to an important ally. Maybe InEn of Earth or some morgan manager that operated without Morgan's knowledge.

I will say that from the Spartan perspective, the Cadre has become less of a concern then the Hive threat, or alien threat. Yeah, they don't like their existence and they would rather have control of the their planets resources. But they won't mount any serious attempt to retake them simply becuase the Spartans have too much on their plate with being surrounded on all sides by enemies. (Morgans and Drones excluded) Of course that doesnt mean that priorties can't change. I would like to keep Kessel from becomming some bloody tyrant. Maybe that is how he is seen on the cadre planet. He won't hesitate to use war and violence if it means protecting allies and Sparta but won't go out of his way to be bloody.

A note on the Progenators for everyone. If we keep running into them, then they are going to get curious and start snooping around more and we will have a big infestation of bugs all over the place. At best, when you run into a progenator vessel, they will ignore you thinking you are no threat. But they won't start giving you things unless they think you can lead them to a manifold or give information about them and then they will wonder how you can communicate since humans have no Official contact with them. Everyone needs to be careful about what any alien race gives them in the way of technolgy. I'm not saying it can't happen, but the aliens just wont give anything away. they will expect something big in return. Also, keep in mind that humans occupy a low run on the tech ladder compared to the Progenators, Bree, Gorn, Fraal, and even Tarn. All of them are interested in not seeing us advance too much. The Fraal, maybe for different reasons then the others. If they wanted to they could pick us apart with relative ease. The only thing that keeps us in the game is their mutual hatred for each other and in the case of the Progenators the obsession for the mainifolds. We can only dominate some of the primatives that inhabit a few scattered worlds.
Old December 27, 2001, 17:36   #343
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:14
Sprayber is absolutely right. Our gracious CEO has no greater allies than our friends the Spartans.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2001, 18:59   #344
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Righty-O, HG, I am sure the Spartans will be your gracious allies when the Terran marines are busy shoving a gauss rifle down General Kessel's windpipe -
Just kidding

Cybergod, I noted, when saving this thread for closer viewing offline, that in late November you had asked, how many people Titan should have.
Now, I the answer is somewhat late *cough* *cough* but since the colonies are the way to ease off overcrowing on Earth, I would hazard a guess of some ten, twelve million people.

Another somewhat overdue matter: I second LMP's suggestion for naming the most common (I recall talk of several minerals, three or four?) FTL mineral as Elerium-115, as I am a hardcore XCom veteran.
I propose that one mineral is named Tiberium, but if that's too, C&C shall I say, Dyonine, extracted from Dyonite, is fine. Tiberium/Dyonine could be more rare then E-115, but a more pure mineral that would be more efficient in FTL purposes. Not efficient enough to substanciate use of it over E-115, however.
Old December 27, 2001, 19:53   #345
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quote:
Righty-O, HG, I am sure the Spartans will be your gracious allies when the Terran marines are busy shoving a gauss rifle down General Kessel's windpipe -
Not that that shall ever happen, Kassiopeia. Hey, by the way, I hope you don't mind the fact that the CEO is trying to pull off a little bit of confusion for InEn (or will do so in the next post), as to where he's attacking. The CEO has this strange idea that you guys will try to intercept our troop transports, so he came up with the idea of...well...leading you off their trail with a small contigent of battleships in invisibility mode protecting a large, old, and unmanned troop transport, to lead InEn off the path, while the real force, which is much larger, is under invisibility cloak and headed straight for Callisto.
Old December 27, 2001, 19:56   #346
History Guy
King

By the way, Kassiopeia, hadn't we better start planning the fight of Callisto, and the attempts to stop the (fake) transport? It is coming up in my next post.
Old December 28, 2001, 04:48   #347
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Kass,

Please forgive my forgetfulness but I forgot which Sol System factions you are doing. If you can, please tell me.

Well, I hope my newest post helps clarify how the G.H.E. came into "contact" with the Sol System. I kind of want to "open-up" the Hive/InEn~Terran Alliance relationship. I've come up with, at least to myself, an impressive plot for the Greater Hive Empire.

Sprayber,

Do you have anything planned for Cyan for right now? Cause I've thought of something that may be pretty complex but hopefully impressive.

BTW------->I thought the Hive was the only one w/Cloak Technology
That's alright though cause everyone knows that Hive Cloak technology is the bestest

Happy New Year Everyone!
Old December 28, 2001, 05:42   #348
Frankychan
King

Sorry I forgot to mention one last thing,

HistoryGuy-I like how you demonized Yang Just had to mention that! I thought no one caught me making subtle jabs at Morgan but I guess you caught it! Good Job
Old December 28, 2001, 05:47   #349
Sprayber
Emperor

Quick word on cloaking tech. lets not have it too good just yet. lets keep it kind of crude. Hive would have better devices since they invested a lot more time testing it. Maybe keep it to larger vessels or specialized vessels. also a cloak device would be a very big energy comsuming item, so weapons and engine performance would suffer. Im just trying to level everyone out. Not being picky, that's LMP's role here I'm just taking over his duties while he is gone. lol

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Sprayber,

Do you have anything planned for Cyan for right now? Cause I've thought of something that may be pretty complex but hopefully impressive.
Right now I'm trying to define her role. She is currently being held in a cryo cell. Kessel is debating on if he should use her against the Hive or maybe InEn if that is necessary. She is difficult to handle and unpredictable. Not good combinations for a Spartan leader to look for in his subornates.

some facts to keep in mind

1 She is in cryo cell right now

2 she was put there for her role in killing the Spartan overseer(governor) of new calodon

3 She and Kessel has had a past relationship together. this is why she wasn't shot on the spot by santiago.

4 she isn't a traitor, but she hates Santiago, and most of the command structure. her feelings for Kessel are unknown or unpredictiable.

5 She is half gaian, half spartan. her mother was gaian but she was raised in sparta while on chiron.

6 she is unbalanced. she can be kind and sweet to some people and very brutal to others.

7. she has extensive knowledge of killing methods and is never shy about using them. she used to be a spartan probe operative with expertise in assinations and general bloody mayham(to borrow a quote from Michael Collins)

what do you have in mind?

Last edited by Sprayber; December 28, 2001 at 05:55.
Old December 28, 2001, 06:00   #350
Frankychan
King

thanks Sprayber for enlightening me on Cyan's situation.
Well, to just throw this out. Later on (like in the far future) I would like Cyan to make it to the Hive homeworld somehow and encounter either Shirlak or Emperor Yang himself. I'll pm you when I can clarify my thoughts.

Thanks though.
Old December 28, 2001, 16:33   #351
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
By the way, Kassiopeia, hadn't we better start planning the fight of Callisto, and the attempts to stop the (fake) transport? It is coming up in my next post.
Yup, you're right.

Now, since the Threadgod has deemed the use of cloaking devices in this situation as questionable ( ) I am willful, however, to allow some "holes" in the Sol system scanner arrays.

My idea: Let's entwine this with Cybergod's (I use the bold text to draw his attention) Titan situation. The Nova Saturna supplies the Morganites with information extracted from the InEn archives - using the keycodes from Moon -, regarding defense of Jovian InEn holdings. The InEn does the scanner work of that area itself, and since their scanners do not cover all the region all the time, it is possible to slip in trough the radar coverage, if they know where and when to fly in
Whilst the main convoy is slipping trough the scanners, the fake convoy starts approaching Callisto from a different direction, making sure it is detected. The fake convoy is engaged, and the real one makes it through to attack Callisto. They succeed, as InEn defense fails since most of their ships are at the other side of Jupiter with the fake ship, and Coalition refuses to intervene until it's people are attacked, which is soon arranged as the Morganites invade the moon itself.
Since trying to get back to Pollux or where ever the ships are from would be suicide, they stand ground, and a siege is formed, with the Coalition providing support for InEn, as Callisto was it's territory.

Of course, at this time, when the Coalition is mocking about in Jupiter region, the Titanians revolt, using equipment the Morganites sent in a couple of disguised trade ships or whatnot, in exchange of the information that helped them penetrate Callisto. That way, the Nova Saturna gets what it wants - An independent Titan, which the EC can not retake as quickly as it could because of Callisto.

Now, then the situation would be this:

Terran Council gets two matters to handle - The Titan declaration of independence and application to TA membership, attempting to avoid Earth retribution - and the Morganites attacking Callisto, and thus Coalition and Interplanetary Enterprises.

So, what do you think, History Guy and Cybergod? Before we get to details, let's sort the main storyline first.

Frankychan, as you have probably already deduced, if you have read the plan above, I control Interplanetary Enterprises and the Coalition of Earth (or Earth Coalition).
Old December 30, 2001, 18:53   #352
Frankychan
King

thanks Kass.

Also thank's to Sprayber for pointing out the fact that the Hive would have better stealth/cloak technology.

Speaking of stealth/cloak tech-

Most cloak tech is equipped to scout ships, carriers (because Hive carriers use stealth and secrecy instead of weaponry) and some Battleships...and the flagship of the Hive.

As for others-spy satellites, and very limited buildings.

To counteract the stealth/cloak tech we possess, I propose that we (the Hive) have less devastating offensive weaponry. For instance, instead of chaos weaponry, the Hive uses impact weaponry.

What do you all think?
Old December 31, 2001, 22:36   #353
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
thanks Kass.

Also thank's to Sprayber for pointing out the fact that the Hive would have better stealth/cloak technology.

Speaking of stealth/cloak tech-

Most cloak tech is equipped to scout ships, carriers (because Hive carriers use stealth and secrecy instead of weaponry) and some Battleships...and the flagship of the Hive.

As for others-spy satellites, and very limited buildings.

To counteract the stealth/cloak tech we possess, I propose that we (the Hive) have less devastating offensive weaponry. For instance, instead of chaos weaponry, the Hive uses impact weaponry.

What do you all think?
I just mean that the cloaking tech presents a major power drain on power aboard a ship. small ships are perfect for cloaking devices. The general rule on is the larger the object being cloaked, the more power that will be required.

wow. first post in days.
Old January 1, 2002, 00:39   #354
Frankychan
King

sounds good...
Ok, how 'bout this,

Instead of all that other mumbo-jumbo I've just spewed, how about

1. Scout ships and spec-ops ships have cloak

2. Satellites have cloak.

3. Some self-defense military "thingies"...

Is that kewl? Sorry, don't wanna piss anyone off sir, just wanna make the Hive equal----->even though we win in the end! (just kidding)

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Woooo!
Old January 4, 2002, 23:30   #355
Sprayber
Emperor

The whole last page of this thread has been lost. If you post anything since the 1 you need to post if again if it was important.

Either that or I have lost my mind and just imagined the last four days.
Old January 5, 2002, 09:18   #356
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
::wakes up after days in the cryo chamber - the duration when Apolyton was down::

::gives a loud cry and flexes his frozen muscles::

Ah, finally! The forum is up again!

Kass, you have drawn my attention and I like the idea! But when Titan declares independence, Rhea does aswell - they are the same people although there are only couple of 100,000 living on Rhea, while Titan has aprox. 12,000,000.

So this means that I have to write again , and I was getting all lazy with Christmass and all...
Old January 5, 2002, 12:10   #357
History Guy
King

Ah! The RETURN TO NORMALCY!!

Well, Kassiopeia, in response, how's this? It sounds all rather good to me. We shall sneek in around your scanners with the real guys and put the fake boys in the area in which they can be easily spotted. Thus when you send out your guys to shoot it (and it's escorts) down, our men shall, in actuality, be landing, knocking out sensor arrays, and taking over a certain moon of Jupiter. Would you like to do the post on th attack on the fake transport? The Nova Saturna story fits in very well. As for my attack, we shall hold the moon, but shall have to undergo several weeks (or months) of siege. The man I'm sending in is a good soldier, General Henry Marmion, a son-in-law of General Marchand himself. The guys shall be 1st Corps, about 20,000 men in two divisions, divided into 2 brigades per division, commanded each by a Brigadier. Each brigade is made up of 2 regiments. These are the elite of Morgan's army, and he plans to use them as the first wave, but anything more would have to be a volunteer army. Should I create some InEn characters on Callisto? Such as Colonel in charge of the moon's defense? Or the Governor and his Adjutant? I would prefer if you did so in your first post. I was thinking that we would capture the Governor alive and try to use him as a bargaining chip or something. Anyway, our shock troops will soon visit a moon near you!

Franky, Thanks for the compliment. I did see your jabs at poor old CEO Morgan, so I decided to do some at poor old Sheng-ji Yang.
Old January 5, 2002, 14:13   #358
Sprayber
Emperor

History Guy: Just send me whatever you want put on the page and I will get right to it.

I'll repost this since it was lost. Take a look at this page of spartan ships and tell me if it would be cool if the Spartans were to loan the use of them for your Sol operations. the only catch would be that a few Spartan officers would accompany to get a first hand view of Terran battle tactics. Something Sparta command would be very interested in. The ships in question are older spartan ships but ones that morgan systems experts had gone through and updated weapon systems and control systems. (per standing contract of course and at some profit to Morgan no doubt ) I think it might make things interesting for the terrans to find out that Spartan ships were involved and I know that Hive operatives would find in interesting too. Im thinking along the lines of the Elite class of ships. I know they aren't troop transports, but your going to have to have plenty of escort vessels. You could explain it by saying that the ships had arrived according to a prior agreement if the time frame wouldnt allow us to negotiate and then send them. I don't know what kind of timeframe your attack is on.

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/SpartanGualtShip.html

yeah, i bet they look familiar don't they. I was trying for a unique look for the Spartan ships.

anyway I have a lot of future characters planned out and here is a small sneak peak.

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/SpartanCitizens.html

take a look at the cool scout vessel. Its somewhat the Falcon from star wars but redesigned and a little smaller.

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/Sp...coutShips.html
Old January 5, 2002, 17:49   #359
[LordLMP]

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Again, Sol is heavily covered with ships.... so can't simply sneak in and surprise attack. Also, again, the Terran Alliance FLeet will get involve in the defence of any members colonies.

About Cloaking.... i rather not see all of Chiron Factions to have it..... atleast the Hive and the Data Angels. Or simply make cloaking devices very rare... can also have Electronic Warfare devices too people, to be invisible on sensors and etc...

I am leaving on the 23rd and not sure if i will be able to continue playing for the next 8 months after that. SO i will try to get as much done with the site, and so on, before i leave.

-LMP
Old January 5, 2002, 18:32   #360
Kassiopeia
Emperor

LMP does have a point. Why on earth does Morgan wish to attack Callisto anyhow? Why would he not try it out on Pluto, or some more distant spot? There are thousands of Alliance, InEn or Coalition ships in the system. When/if Callisto detects the intruders, even when they have reached near vicinity, there will be a huge load of ships there going point blank.
We need something to keep them from surface bombarding the entire colony to smithereens. Probably hostages? But that would not be Morgan's style, would it? And in the 28th century there are targeting systems accurate enough to tell the difference from a Morganite encampment/landed ship and a civilian location.

Tricky indeed. What is the opinion of the Thread-deity?

Planning on my post; I figure that it would include the detection and swift elimination of the fake fleet, and then the moment when the InEn finds out that there are people moving in on Callisto.
Or where-ever Morgan attacks.

I do think that we need Morgan counter-attacking some Sol location altogether. It is, do not forget vital to continue the Nova Saturna agenda. The Morganite attack is timed so that the Rhea-Titanian insurgents can throw the Coalition out when it's busy with the Morganite strike.

(Prime Minister Drecaille is going to have one hell of a day, btw. )

Quote:
I am leaving on the 23rd and not sure if i will be able to continue playing for the next 8 months after that. SO i will try to get as much done with the site, and so on, before i leave.

Erm, then, we need someone to "upkeep" the Scions, Venutians and Belters. And the Pirates, of course.

Sprayber, in the spot where an Apache class scout is supposed to be shown, there is a mere red cross with a white background. Might be a good idea to check your img src -code.