Old January 8, 2002, 15:08   #391
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Hope you don't mind that I blew up Klyder. I did say I would, though!
I did not invest much of my time in Klyder, but I think he's just the type of military guy who prefers blowing himself up rather then getting caught.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Kass: I was wondering if you were going to write more about those two guys that we first saw on the moon? This may seem strange but I was messing around on a Star Wars site and I ran across a quote from the Star Wars novel that never made it to the movie.

"they were in the the wrong place at the wrong time, naturally they became heroes."

I couldn't help but think about those guys
Actually, I sort of thought of R2D2 and C3PO myself when I pulled them up my sleeve. They are the typical type of normal people who just get into the wrong places on the wrong time. I think the pair of them wandering on the deserted surface of Moon resembled the scene where the droids walk on Tatoiine after the escape pod crashes.

I wonder how their ship-sighting trip to Callisto succeeded? At least more Morganite ships if nothing else.

Quote:
One more thing before I finish up my long overdo post. Do you think i would be appropriate if the Spartans would have three or four undercover agents inside the Sol system. And one on Calisto.
I'd be more surprised if there wouldn't be some Spartan agents in Sol system.

Quote:
They are from Middle Earth, in other words, Europe!
Bizarre, I'm just reading LotR.

LMP, your idea seems intriguing, is this the one you told about in the Chiron Chronicle about an aeon ago?
Old January 9, 2002, 07:39   #392
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Added a map
I added a Map of Spartan territory.

Tell me if anyone has any problem with it.

I couldn't remember if someone had Arcturus or Formalhaut or not so if you do tell me

Look at the map and I will be happy to add your territory if you wish to designate it.

Kass: Did you have Wolf 359 and Capella? Also I plan to have two agents on Callisto, only one on Earth, and maybe on Mars. But they are there to observe. They won't even let the Morganites know they are there.

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/SpartanMap.html
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2002, 15:25   #393
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Re: Added a map
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Kass: Did you have Wolf 359 and Capella?
To my recollect, Terran Alliance has a colony on Wolf359, interfactionally kept, and Coalition has an older colony on Capella all by itself. At least I think that is what we agreed upon.
Old January 9, 2002, 18:18   #394
[LordLMP]

History, why can't we have Orcs in space? :P we have Vulcans and Romulans, who look like elves to me :P

also, it is not proven that Orcs and Elves existed on Earth lol

they may or may not in that universe, but i have an idea from another game Qaiyore in the play made universe called Celandra.
then later tried to make a sci-fi version 100 000 thousand years or after the Fantasy one.. with an explination as to how magic existed and so on

Love,
-Melanie
Old January 9, 2002, 18:26   #395
[LordLMP]

we discussed that the Terran Alliance as control of Capella as its only colony system.... but i discovered that it was a bit far and requires going through others territories. it is also bit to far from the Proginators for to have enough interest in to probe attack it.

so i suggest that Terran Alliance as Wolf 359 instead of Capella, which is closer and more easier for TA to defend and keep track of.... do realize, takes a day to travel 5 years with an Sol FTL :P If Capella got attacked and Sol loose contact with it, could take a fleet a few days to get there in response, but with Wolf 359 takes just over a day.

-LMP
Old January 11, 2002, 17:02   #396
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I suppose this would be the perfect spot for Cybergod and Nova Saturna to get churnin'.

Quote:
If Capella got attacked and Sol loose contact with it, could take a fleet a few days to get there in response, but with Wolf 359 takes just over a day.
Quite true, it is long ways to Capella, but in the days when the Terrans were dying to get an outer colony this suited them the most.
And remember, in a few centuries, as the only habitable planet Terra Nova drifts close enough to the primary star of the system, the colony will have to be emptied. Then Venus is like Siberia compared to the hellhole. Reminds me of a planet called Hell^3.
Old January 12, 2002, 01:33   #397
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:14
I'm back from Las Vegas
Sorry that I haven't responded in a while,

I forgot to mention that I was going to Vegas with my friends from Jan. 5-11. Well, just telling you all that I'm back...if you were wondering where I went. Now I gotta catch up with what's happened...

What about the Hive's involvement in the InEn/Morgan conflict?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; January 12, 2002 at 03:14.
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2002, 08:49   #398
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
Kass can I do this:

* With the code we stole from InEn, , we hack into their systems and take control of the locked up Orbital Cannon. Our technitians adjust it to be used in space combat (so any incoming enemy ships will be sliced)
* We sell the code to the highest bidder (but probably not Morgan since the Terran Alliance would consider Nova Saturna traitors) and with the money buy some new ships and hire Belter mercenaries.
* We contact the TAF commodore in the Saturn region and caution him not to take any hostile action against us or he will be met by a formidable force
* During the preocupation of everyone else with the InEn/Morgan war, we seize the chance and pronounce independence. Few InEn troops and ships are blasted out of existance but the TAF commodore takes little action, just ordering retreat of other forces out of the region. (He may later seek assylium within Nova Saturna)
* Nichollas buddies on Mars conduct a campaign for Titan's independence and membership within the TA
* Maria Sanchez is crowned Queen Maria of Saturna, with Nichollas being her Psych and Populance Advisor, Tanaka being her Scince Administrator, and Nichollas' friend, Anita Delitz (you'l meet her in the story soon), head of the economy (you the SE screen? ECON, PSYCH, LABS? ).

Old January 12, 2002, 11:24   #399
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Ok, remember that the revolt is taking place simultainously as Callisto is being under siege.

Btw LMP, if you do the description of Terran Alliance military structure, I could do a descr. of the Terran Alliance Political structure? Share the burden...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
* We contact the TAF commodore in the Saturn region and caution him not to take any hostile action against us or he will be met by a formidable force
As far as I'm considered the TAF won't interfere into squabbling inside member factions.

Quote:
* We sell the code to the highest bidder (but probably not Morgan since the Terran Alliance would consider Nova Saturna traitors)
But, NS did sell the information on how to penetrate the Callisto scanners, did it not?
They could sell it to the Hive, so that we can get them into play.

The TAF could not care less (also because they are focusing completely on rooting the Morganites out from Callisto).
And the Coalition marines won't have enough time to land and completely suffocate the rebellion, until it's too late from their PoV. Could have a single Marine Corps lander come in, but be surrounded by the rebels?

Quote:
With the code we stole from InEn, , we hack into their systems and take control of the locked up Orbital Cannon. Our technitians adjust it to be used in space combat (so any incoming enemy ships will be sliced)
I thought the Magistrates held codes to the Orbital defense systems. Why would InEn be involved there... Of course, if it's InEn manufactured, and the code is a "backdoor" to the system!

So Nova Saturna stole at least two data packs from the Moonbase Delta Seven; the backdoor key of the Orbital defense cannon orbiting Titan and detailed technical data of the Scanner platforms around Callisto.
Old January 12, 2002, 12:46   #400
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Just thinking... Someone mentioned the Geneva Convention. I found the text, and thought that it should be integrated to the founding of the Terran Alliance, so I could remodify it to suit 28th century conditions, at least in the most important parts since like any diplomatical document it's asseninely long.
Or I could just use it as a basis to create a whole new Code, probably the Second Geneva Code or something like that. Regards Aliens and all that.

Oh, I have way too much spare time.
Old January 12, 2002, 16:24   #401
Cybergod
Prince

The InEn was mostly in control until the government shift after the xenophobic government left, they locked up the Cannon and only they and they high chain of command jnew exactly what it was (others only knew of it as a rumour). And it was InEn manufactured.

I'll make it so that the last TAF/EC unit of marines is rooted out of the system as they are surounded by rebels wherever they go.

Hey who gave the orders to sell the data to Morgan? (Oh yeah it was me ) Doesn't matter, my story needed adapting anyway . I am not sure about the Hive - do we want imperialists usurping back into the precious Sol system?

Regarding the Geneva Code, they could well be one in place in space! Maybe like a Civilized Species Charter, containing stuff like not interfeiring with the development of the creche worlds (ie. developing worlds, imagine the Progenitors landing on Earth while Jesus was crucified ) and let them develop and evolve or waste and destroy until they reach advanced spaceflight and establish space colonies.
Old January 12, 2002, 16:26   #402
Cybergod
Prince

In the previous post, by IT I meant the orbital defence cannon
Old January 12, 2002, 17:01   #403
Sprayber
Emperor

The Chiron factions most definitly have treaties dealing with warfare between them. But the Aliens would be left out. As far as the Terrans go, I would think that there has been enough contact to formalize something in the way of basic guidlines for interaction. Up until now, factions like the Spartans had little formal contact except for a network of undercover agents maybe. Military planners in Sparta are not lost to the fact that the Terrans have an enormous population and have a potential to cause problems in the future. So far though, Sparta has seen the disunity in the Terran political structure and was comfortable. Now though many are getting uncomfortable. Don't be surprised if Sparta will use every opportunity to sow dissention and work to further fragment the Terran political structure. That is how the Spartans see it from a far. It may not represent reality in the Sol system, but that is how it is seen in the Syrma system.

If you want an outside party that is willing to help most colonies achieve some sort of independence then the Spartans would be a good place to start. They are most eager to divide the Terrans as much as possible. that and counter any influience, real or imagined, that the hive has in Sol. Remember also that there are many independent worlds out there. Some of them can provide support and arms maybe but of course it would be difficult to get them inside the Sol system. If you make up a planet and name, just rememeber that they will all be some sort of combination of the chiron factions since they came from their ranks. Lets just not get too many of them though. And maybe the Spartans may use that masking trick I talked about soon to deliever arms or something if any of you guys wish it.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old January 13, 2002, 04:32   #404
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Hive perspective in Sol system
Hi everyone,

Coming from the Hive perspective I see the Sol system events as so...

Emperor Yang wants the Terran Alliance as unified as possible so that they can fight the Morganites. With the Sol system fighting against the Nwabudike, Morgan Interstellar will be weakened and therefore unable to supply Kessel and Sparta with weaponry to be used against the G.H.E.

Unlike Sparta, the Hive needs all the Terran factions united under one banner so they will cause maximum damage to Morgan.

With the Terrans and Morgan Interstellar engaged in war, the G.H.E. can hopefully face Sparta head-on.

So, I guess the Emperor supports Terra just for convenience...
Old January 13, 2002, 07:43   #405
Cybergod
Prince

Re: Hive perspective in Sol system
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
So, I guess the Emperor supports Terra just for convenience...
So does the emperor wish to have any business with Nova Saturna?
Old January 13, 2002, 11:55   #406
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:14
Hmmm...I've been thinking quite long and hard about this, and I've come to the conclusion that Morgan Interstellar could not survive war with the Terran Alliance. Interplanetary Enterprises, yes, that could be whipped easily, but the Terrans would have little trouble defeating the small Morganite armies. How's this then? The Morganites, during their encounter with the Gorn so many years back have signed a pact with them, a mutual defense pact, and so shipments of armor and weaponry have been sent off to the Gorn in their fights with the Bree, and so the Gorn may well have to be asked to assist Morgan at a later date. How's that sound? Either that, or when we enter the Propus System we find some large (somewhat primitive) alien tribes that would fight for Morgan Interstellar for a good price and some ammunition.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2002, 13:31   #407
[LordLMP]

how about Fleet Admiral Stukov as the leader of TAF, chosen by the Terran Council...originally thought he would be a lap dog, but they thought wrong and now regret it, especially the Coalition, lol

Anyway, because of the political nonsence, some Sol Factions like the Coalition and InEn...mainly on them as they both have the most territory in Sol... TAF can't properlly defend the Jupiter and Saturn area. So there is only a group of 5 Battlecruisers in each of those areas, but TAF does have a lot of ships available by 2700... around 300 Battlecruisers and 50 Carriers? of course not all in Sol as there is a Task Force defending Wolf 359 and one Task Force all the way in Capella. In Sol, there is total of 4 Task Forces.... one around Pluto, waiting to intercept something... one around Mercury... one somewhere else in the system and the last Task Force is spread out all over the Sol system.

So..... TAF policies is not to interfere into Member internal squables... only time TAF will interfere if a Member are fighting another Member, and etc... Is Titan not Coalition territory, until it declares independence? It is Callisto that belongs to InEn. The
TAF will send the Task Force from Pluto to blast the Morgan ships out of the area and start landing its Marines...which is more then just Power Armoured Troops... The TAF Marines Corp is like Starcraft and the ISDF units in Battlezone :P If Coalition Marines wants to get involve too, so be it...as long as it is under TAF Command during the operation to remove the Morgan Troops.....

Wouldn't the morganites troops try to buy themselves out, instead of dying or going to a POW? Hard to see Morganites go off to a suicide mission, unless the Morganites military implanted something in their heads, forcing them to follow orders, yet still show individuality under those limits.... like the Red dudes in Metal Fatigue.

As for Titan situation, TAF won't get involved unless some other member or non-member interferes in a member internal squabbles. Beside, Stukov doesn't want to interfere and rather see Titan independent just then, Stukov may have TAF to finally properlly defend the Saturn area besides, he personally doesn't like the Coalition so wouldn't threating TAF risk possible friendship, hmm? They should notice that the TAF is not interfering, even thought they are nearby and can see what is going on.

-LMP
Old January 13, 2002, 13:59   #408
[LordLMP]

TAF maybe slightly behind in tech in comparison to the morganites, but they have the numbers and their Battlecruisers are tough...especially with their Ion Beam Cannons now....

TAF is very organized, despite the squabbles in Sol. After a war starts, TAF will finally have a lot of leeway and be able to tell Member's militaries what to do, if they like it or not... as for the Troops... TAF military will be like the Terrans in Starcraft and the ISDF in Battlezone, mix together. TAF will make an agreement with the Scions.... Scions will not be force to give the secret of Biometal, but they are asked to provide the old specs of the ISDF units and that the Scions construct the Units for the TAF on Pluto...as well as other units of TAF design. if TAF ever needs more troops, may get some members ground forces to help out. TAF is interested i the Scion units, which is quite different from the rest....but Scions doesn't have a large ground force, but TAF intends to use them as special forces........ Scions are quite secretive and hard to infiltrate too........ so no Agents among the Scions or stealing Scion secrets Also rather not have agents in the TAF, as they are really picky security and intelligence wise...... really organized
Old January 13, 2002, 16:07   #409
Frankychan
King

Sol and Hive affairs
Quote:
So does the emperor wish to have any business with Nova Saturna?
As I see it Emperor Yang wants all Terrans under one banner. However, if things look like they won't happen then he'll try to do his best to sow discontent with the Terran colonies so they dislike Morgan Interstellar. So long as the break-away colonies are against Morgan will he keep away from them.

If they do side with Morgan, I think that he would try and influence the Terran Alliance to "bring them to heel" and try and bring them back into line.

I see Yang as being a "puppet- master", pulling strings here and there to have the Terrans war with Morgan in order to weaken them...as I said earlier. The rivalry between InEn and Morgan Interstellar only helps the Emperor in manipulating them to war with each other.

But to answer your question directly, Cybergod:

If and when Nova Saturna breaks away and looks like it will stay independent, Yang would open up relations (slowly), and try and get them to either join the G.H.E. (so the Hive has a foothold in the Sol System) or at least make them an ally and fight against Nwabudike.
Old January 13, 2002, 16:22   #410
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Re: Sol and Hive affairs
I think that at least the Fraal would of signed or at least basically agreed to the Yet Not Named Charter Of Good Behaviour, since they are of the alien the most close ones to Terrans.

Quote:
The Morganites, during their encounter with the Gorn so many years back have signed a pact with them, a mutual defense pact, and so shipments of armor and weaponry have been sent off to the Gorn in their fights with the Bree, and so the Gorn may well have to be asked to assist Morgan at a later date. How's that sound? Either that, or when we enter the Propus System we find some large (somewhat primitive) alien tribes that would fight for Morgan Interstellar for a good price and some ammunition.
Do remember that the Terrans are not probably going to get you Morganites on the edge; They won't race you back to Pollux and Castor and imprison Morgan. So the Morganites losing would not necessarily be a devastating blow to the Morganites.

Though, this does increase the interest on the motive of InEn. Do they have something they want with Morgan? And thus declared war upon them, knowing that they would do something to awaken the wrath of the Alliance, massively exceeding their numbers?
Old January 13, 2002, 18:14   #411
Sprayber
Emperor

wow. i go to work and the whole complexity of the game seems to change.

cybergod: As I said the spartans will be eager to keep the Terrans divided as much as possible, if you want outside sponserhip, the spartans will provide it. In a hush hush way of course. If they find out that the hive is involved with supporting any colony, then they will expose it and use it as an example of hive interference and suggest that the terrans make them pay. The spartans can play politics as well.

The Spartans will in no way allow the terrans to take Morgan territory. Their confrontation in the Sol system is offically none of Sparta's concern(as per the reqest of the CEO himself). When it moves outside the system into morgan territory then Sparta will respond. Sparta's immediate concern is with the Hive and Bree. Thankfully the Drone are in place and are allied with the Spartans against the Bree and indirectly the Hive. But Morgan need not be concerned about facing the full Terran militaries alone. This all presents a unique situation where a lot of things will be determined by what happens around Terran politics. It is possible that a Spartan Hive war could start over things that happen there. they already have fleets prepared near the core but the spark could be ingnited in Sol. And don't discount the possiblity that if the Terrans find out that the Hive is causing internal problems, then they may find themself fighting Spartans and Terrans. That is why the Spartans perfer to observe and do things slowly rather then initiate sudden and drastic measures.
Old January 13, 2002, 19:25   #412
Cybergod
Prince

Decisions, decisions...

Why do I have to pick? OK this is the secret agenda of the future Queen Maria Sanchez, after announcing independence of Titan (although they are a bit far fetched):

* Turn Titan into a Constitutional Monarchy, running Demo/Green/Knowledge/Eudaimonic
* Expand onto other moons of Saturn, and possibly helping other colonies (eg. Jupiter or Uranus) in gaining independence from the opposing EC
* Overthrowing the Earth government and placing a group that would sympathise with them
* Eventually become the superfaction of the Sol system and having most colonies under their banner
* Her final wish is to move the throne to Earth and unify the whole Sol system, carefully manipulating the Terran Alliance to their desires, having one and single faction in the system, the Brotherhood of Sol (or something )

So you can see that I am confused.

* They dissagree in economic policies with Morgan
* At first they could see the Spartans as their potential ally
* If they want unified system, then they would see likeness with the Hive

Ideas?

Of course these are just Maria's dreams and aspirations so DON'T take it literally.
Old January 13, 2002, 20:47   #413
Frankychan
King

Sorry, I might need to clarify my earlier posts after reading them...

What I meant by the Hive causing discontent is that Hive agents would cause destruction and mayhem and make it look like the Morganites were the cause. Also, G.H.E. agents would stir up the populace in support of war against Morgan by propaganda and such.

Any colony that sides with Morgan would be seen as a collaborator and enemy to the G.H.E. Therefore, Yang would try and help the Terrans bring control over the secessionist colonies.

Cybergod,

I like the idea of the Constitutional Monarchy idea. However, it seems like Maria Sanchez will eventually come to a fork in the road. Side with Kessel and Sparta Prime or Yang and Hive Prime (sorry Sprayber if it sounds like I'm imitating your homeworld). All I have to say is that if it looks like Maria can unite the Sol system under its one banner, Yang would fully support her attempts.

However, if it looks like Maria doesn't look like she will succeed, Yang would support the already established government. The Hive's main goal is for the Terrans and Morgan Interstellar to engage in a lengthy war to drain Morgan's resources.

Sprayber,

Did you get my pm?

On a side note.................it's good to be back!
Old January 14, 2002, 06:17   #414
Sprayber
Emperor

Hey all.

Franky: Sorry I didn't get the PM until just now. I'll get back to ya about what I think.

Here is a little dose of what kind of Spartan fighters you or the Terrans may face soon.

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/SpartanFighters.html
Old January 14, 2002, 12:45   #415
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I won't quote here, but Sprayber got the reason of the Terrans not wandering out of Sol pretty well. They'd get quickly a bloody nose as the Chironians get busy, and the tables would turn swiftly.

Btw Sprayber, your fighters are quite big. They would be Corvettes in the Sol scale. I guess everything is big in Sparta Prime
Oh and the S-15 - I once had a model kit of that ship. Some Star Trek ship IMO.

I've been doing some "drawing" I'll get the results on my web site, probably in this week.
I just wanted to say that I got a very good source of inspiration from the Narn cruisers from Babylon 5. The shape served as the basis of the Solaris class, the pinnacle of Coalition Navy, and also a supercarrier class. Also I've got some smaller capital ship classes and transport ships sorted out, I just need some technical data out on them.

Quote:
Of course these are just Maria's dreams and aspirations so DON'T take it literally.
Some dreams. Maria ought to be lucky the Coalition (or to my understanding not a single faction) does not have any mind probing technology or alike. They would, no matter the costs, bomb the surface of Titan to particles!
Old January 14, 2002, 12:53   #416
[LordLMP]

Pirate Agenda:

Kane, leader of the Wolverines Clan, plans to unite the pirate clans, atleast all of the big ones, into the Pirate Empire...instead of an emperor, the most dominant and popular clan leads the empire by strength... of course, the empire may not control any habitAble worlds, but can still be semi-nomadic With the Wolverines new tech they acquired, and still developing, may give them an edge... especially better construction technology, building ships lot quicker.... as well some advance automation technology that can lower the needed crew members.... but they still in the process in figuring out to make full use of them. So still need to acquire some techs..... so tha would explain why there is Pirate incidents involving stealing a Warlock-class Battlecruiser, stealing various nanotechnologies and also currently seeking better robotics technology, so they can start producing "androids" or something.... either that or advance holographic and sentient algorithms techs.
Along with Kane's nack for pirate politics, and diplomacy, starting in 2700, already have several of the more dominiant or simply unique clans among the Pirates...providing interesting resources... also in good relations with the Data Angels.
So the factions will notice that the pirates starting to be more and more organized....also stronger in some cases... they become a threat to some.... especially when they are all spread out and the majority of their holdings are hidden and etc.

So Kane's would have more success if the other Factions are busy with the Terrans. So Kane will take advantage of the war by "looting" some needed stuff from the Morganites/Drones/Spartams...maybe as well as the Peacekeepers...... but i don't see the Peacekeepers getting involve unless the Terrans are attacking Alpha Centauri.....but they would rather go Diplomacy first :P

Terran Alliance Fleet:

Fleet Admirable Stukov is the supreme commander of TAF and TAF is the main defence force of Sol... when war breaks out, TAF will have incredible influence and control of the Terrans forces....but the members may get easily influenced by propaganda and so on.... but TAF cannot as it is strickly a military organization. TAF as its own Intelligence and as infiltrated all of the members, except maybe the Scions... as it is hard to mimick their looks without becoming one. Stukov does want to see Sol trully united, but not under Coalition banner, or any banners from outside of Sol.... more like a trully united Terran Alliance.... so if the members squabble among themselves or any taking advantage of the war to gain power in Sol, TAF will say hello and put them back to their place. So treat TAF as a factor, as seperate group entirelly to consider.

So, TAF will be against any outside of Sol influences. Will also not tolerate members fighting among themselves for any reason. Stukov is of course willing t simplify Sol politivs even more as real simply Democracy without to much asle.

-LMP
Old January 14, 2002, 12:55   #417
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Anyone heard of the Bussard collector (or Ramscoop)? It's famous from the Star Trek series.
It's a device that collects interstellar matter so that, primely the hydrogen free there, can be perused as fuel.
My point: Could we have it as accepted technology? I was thinking the new dreadnaught of the Coalition Navy could have a (experimental?) Bussard collector to increase operational range.
Old January 14, 2002, 14:57   #418
Cybergod
Prince

LMP, have you been playing too much Starcraft latelly?

People prepare for Sol propaganda to begin soon. I do not wish to take any sides yet.

Factions we'd probably like to be allied with are:
* Gaians
* University
* possibly Drones, Believers, Peacekeepers and Data Angels

We'd like to stay neutral with super-powers - Hive and Spartans, for the while But we'd apreciate it very much if Morgan would destroy InEn

We'd probably switch to semi-builder mode after gaining independence, building up more colonies and weapons

Enough of my blabbing, start writing Nikola!!!
Cybergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2002, 19:58   #419
Frankychan
King

LordLMP,
I was wondering if the Pirates would be willing to have some "business dealings" with the G.H.E.? I don't want the Hive storyline to get too cluttered with all that is happening so far, but I would like it if there were some "backdoor-dealings" between the Pirate Clans and the Hive Empire...like raids on certain outposts or supply lines

I do hope however, that you try and not have any Pirate Clans operating within designated Hive space...operations near Hive outposts, colonies, and military installations would be preferable.
Pleeze!?

Cybergod,

I'm flattered that you think of the Hive as a super-power. Compliments like that will only make the Emperor more pleased with Titan's ruling class.

Sprayber,

I'm thinking of having my envoy drop near the border to start diplomatic negotiations. Do you need more time to think of what you are going to write? Cause if you do, I'll postpone the arrival a couple more days and write about something else. If not, I will have the Ambassador M'rocks arrival posted this Wednesday...Friday night (PST) at the latest.
Old January 14, 2002, 20:54   #420
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
I won't quote here, but Sprayber got the reason of the Terrans not wandering out of Sol pretty well. They'd get quickly a bloody nose as the Chironians get busy, and the tables would turn swiftly.

Btw Sprayber, your fighters are quite big. They would be Corvettes in the Sol scale. I guess everything is big in Sparta Prime
Oh and the S-15 - I once had a model kit of that ship. Some Star Trek ship IMO.
Kass, I was just talking about the possible war with Morgan. Sparta really isn't going to confront the Terrans just for colonization. As long as there are different factions and no real strong central power, Sparta will be content. If the Terrans try and take Morgan territories then that is another thing. Sparta can't allow that. Now if you take the PKs or Hive then Sparta might even help

about the fighters.

an American F16
Length: 49 feet, 5 inches (14.8 meters)
Height: 16 feet (4.8 meters)
Wingspan: 32 feet, 8 inches (9.8 meters)

Spartan S15
Length: 14.8 Meters
Hight: 4.8 Meters
Wing Span: 11 Meters

The wing span is a little long but if you look at the picture that is kind of reasonable. I figure that most future space fighter would be smaller, but this is just one of sparta's bigger fighters. they have smaller ones. I just haven't gotten them up yet. Now the S10 is bigger, but it's more for taking out stations and orbital defenses and even larger ships than a true figher.

Length: 16. Meters
Hight: 5.8 Meters
Wing Span: 12 Meters

And the S9 is a defensive fighter designed to compliment my System Patrol Crafts.

I got some good pictures of Narn crusiers if you would like them. as well as a schematic of the star furies.

Franky: If you don't mind, could you postpone the arrival of the hive ambassader. I have to make a large post to catch up concerning thing going on in Ironholm and Sol.