Old December 2, 2001, 18:47   #121
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Starting...today?? Well, OK. I sorta had the idea that we Morganites come in first with the skirmish with InEn guys that really starts up the hatred for InEn and Morgan. What do you think, Kassiopeia?
Otherwise nice, but it's school tomorrow, and I need to be there in 7.25 hrs. I thought of kinda sleeping before that, you know? I cannot post in 13 hrs (And won't probably have a post ready until in some fifteen hrs. Luckily the school lasts for five hours).

*curses time zones*
[RANT]*curses for another time, this time the school hours that start ridiculously early - I mean, would it not be too hard to just start at 10:00 and end at 16:00 - 17:00? Please! 8:00 to 15:00 is a killer! And the irony is, I probably won't learn anything I already would not know tomorrow!)*[/RANT]

You can do your first post, maybe a deep space supply convoy being attacked by the other party. You can attack, or have a Morganite convoy destroyed, your choice.

Quote:
plus links to your guys pages, with permission
Just make sure the URL is correct, and everything's fine. Oh, and I would not mind having a link to yours either.
Old December 2, 2001, 18:55   #122
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

But... DO START! I want to have stuff to read when I return!
Old December 2, 2001, 19:10   #123
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
But... DO START! I want to have stuff to read when I return!
The site you found is an outstanding site Don't worry about the timezones. Just post when you can. I'm up all hours and usualy I am on here if im not at work or with my girlfriend or out with friends.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2001, 19:16   #124
Sprayber
Emperor

These are cool ships. To bad that they just don't look Spartan Looks like a PK or Terran ship.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ship1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	6927  
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 2, 2001, 19:27   #125
[LordLMP]

Quote:
I think he means the terran% of people following the new religion. Cause I know the Spartans are not going to even know about this. Until they have more contact.
I rather simply call it an Dogma then a religion..........and rather not see the religion some hypocrital fanatic one....but more like a spiritual belief.

Mars people and people of many may believe in same kind og Dogma, but varies place to place... and also would vary in different culture. The Belters and Venus people would the oddballs in sol, dogma wise.

The Scions, would have their own form of Dogma.

Among the Chironians.... each faction as their own form of Dogmas. Like the morganites belief in capitalims and material gains. gaians dogma is more mysterious and spiritual with an belief on environtmentalism and so on......... Spartans too have their own Dogma of strict militaristic dsicipline, their Spartan Warrior Code and etc...

-LMP
Old December 2, 2001, 20:24   #126
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]

I rather simply call it an Dogma then a religion..........and rather not see the religion some hypocrital fanatic one....but more like a spiritual belief.

-LMP
Whatever people decide to call it is fine with me.
Old December 2, 2001, 20:29   #127
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:14
Well, Sprayber, whenever you are ready, it's fine with me (Just not too late). It's 6:30 here in Illinois. I just wrote up a short post for the entrance of Morganites into Beyond AC, it describes the fight between the InEn ship and the Morganite ship that starts the war between the two companies. I make it appear as if both sides will lose, and that no-one knows who fired the first shot.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2001, 20:33   #128
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Actually, come to think of it, speaking of religions (dogmas, as Lord MP calls them), I think there is evidence that CEO Morgan is Muslim. If you watch the dossier photos, there's a picture of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. I suppose he's either Muslim or he's making some Holy Land journey (Christian or Jewish), but I think it probably means he's Muslim (not that it matters at all).
Old December 2, 2001, 22:00   #129
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:14
beginning of BAC...
I'm not sure what the beginnning will look like and how to introduce the Hive perspective. If it starts with the Morgan/InEn engagement, I might suggest we are watching. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Sprayber or Alynzia, I'm thinking of posting after one of you. Since both Spartans and Gaians have had the most contact with the Hive, I think it would be fitting to post next to you. If you two have a better idea or any questions, please pm me. Thanx!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2001, 22:22   #130
History Guy
King

Franky, I don't think I'll start BAC, but my entrance into it will be through the fight between the Morganites and InEn. For one thing, the guy writing InEn shan't be able to write anything for 15 hrs., and the whole affair is supposed to be kept a secret for a bit. To tell you the truth, unless the thread is started in a short time I don't know if I shall post tonight or not, I'm off to bed in about 2 hrs.
Old December 2, 2001, 22:59   #131
Sprayber
Emperor

Sorry guys. I had a bit of a problem with some personel stuff and got delayed. You can start your posts anyway you want to. Start with some event in your faction. Start it with a lazy afternoon day somewhere. It doesn't have to be dramatic or anything, just somthing to start building from. Start with describing a routine day as your leader or start by a general overview of your faction. We don't have to post in any order either. It's no problem if Kass cant post for a while becuase we all can post as much or as little as we can. Remember this isn't strictly a reponse type story. You can explore as much as your faction as you want to in depth. Happy writing

edit: But if you do post something involving another faction, please let them have time to respond. If it is just passing a spartan freighter in space somewhere, then its no big deal, but if you fire on that freighter, then give me some kind of time to say what the crew did and if any emergencey calls had been sent. Or what the response by the spartan central command will be.
Old December 2, 2001, 23:03   #132
History Guy
King

OK, well open the thread.

After the fighting scene, and the scene in which Morgan learns of it, I intend to have a scene of a normal Morgan colony on a normal day.
Old December 2, 2001, 23:27   #133
History Guy
King

There we go. How was that?
Old December 2, 2001, 23:40   #134
Sprayber
Emperor

Great first post History Guy. You captured Morgan very well. Hope everyone liked my openning statements. I think History guys post started us out good.
Old December 3, 2001, 05:40   #135
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Additional Hive facts
I forgot to mention some things...

Hive cities are no longer "cyclindrical" in design. Hive cities are like regular cities except that they have a central courtyard (sometimes spanning hundreds of yards/meters across).

The administration offices are usually near the surface.

Catwalks connect the sides of these "cavern-cities" on all levels throughout each city. The only characteristic that is prevalent in all Hive cities is the central shaft light. Light from the outside pours in from the same surface 'window', the rest of the lighting is artificial.

Going off on a tangent: What do the Bree look like? Can someone describe what they look like to me?

Hey HistoryGuy,
Good job! I like the detail and the "sneak attack" to introduce the hostility between InEn and Morgan Interstellar.
Old December 3, 2001, 05:52   #136
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:14
Great start!

I'll try to join in before too long, but can't set a definite timetable yet...
Old December 3, 2001, 06:38   #137
Alynzia
Warlord

Local Time: 17:14
Nooo!
IT IS BIG, IT IS GREEN AND IT IS UGLY...

http://members.aol.com/lolitazakharov/gaia.html

It isn't yet a proper page but it is all linked up to the appropriate bits of Apolyton and the other three BAC sites.

The story! Wow, that is a phenomenal start to the story... I'm glad I'm not the dude who has to follow that post up.

Alynzia.

Last edited by Alynzia; December 3, 2001 at 11:10.
Alynzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2001, 10:43   #138
History Guy
King

Righty-O. Glad you all enjoyed it. But who is going to post the next bit? Sprayber? Anyone? Hmmm...

PS, thanks for the warm reception. First bit of AC writing ever. I liked Sprayber's opening comments as well.
Old December 3, 2001, 14:52   #139
Kassiopeia
Emperor

History Guy: Outstanding! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going offline to wrench up my post. Though I don't know whether to post now...? I think it would be best for it to follow up HG's Morganite post.

Btw, I really shouldn't of whined about school, since this morning I woke up to the fact that I was trembling all over. It appears, that I have influenza.
Old December 3, 2001, 16:40   #140
Sprayber
Emperor

Kass: The flu . I had that not too long ago. Hope you get better soon.

Don't worry about the order. I was gonna write something but I fell asleep. Just post when ever you get a chance.
Old December 3, 2001, 16:53   #141
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I scraped up my post. It won't be long, since I'm running purely on painkillers and orange juice. It's the Coalition POV.

This aint no ordinary flu. This is influenza. The one with a splitting headache, gastric ejections, and a fever that makes you shiver involuntarily. It's just silly that I have a tendency to get ill always near my birthday.
Old December 3, 2001, 16:59   #142
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
That's a good opening (esp the intro )-->

I, myself, will wait and post after some time because I feel the role of the Titan Colonial Magistrate isn't no way as important as great factional "grudges" and conflicts which I enjoy reading

Alynzia, thax for visiting moi's homepage! It is small and cr*p because I don't know much about HTML (but I'm getting the hang of it) and the site should feature stuff from both Nova Saturna and Colonial Magistrate's Office... Also Alynzia, I saw that programme too! I'll decribe the biosphere in my posts - people GM-ing the giant plants to produce foods and harvesting the seeds and spores, when they "drop off" and split from the main plant's body. They will look quite similar to fungal towers...

Frankychan - do people get any freedom at all in the Hive? Or are they brainwashed at birth? But I like your complex and rather effective political system - just imagine how to manage a star-spanning empire!

History Guy - will Morgan be interested in seeking allies within the Sol system? Nova Saturna might be slyghtly interested ... oh yes I forgot - Saturn colonies are running PLANNED economics! Oh well, keeping options open!

People, the Vassion religion is not a fanatical movement - NOT like Jihad or the Crusaders. It is more like a pacifist belief, following philosophies of both Buddha (Zen, karma, and that stuff) and Jesus' ideas of peace and love ("Love thy neighbour"... etc. - you get the point!) and totally oppose war or destruction of any kind. They also strongly oppose longevity projects, cloning and any kind of control-freak experiments (hence Thought Control or --> "Future Society, Thought Control, nil") and have reservations about GM, abortions and cybernetic implants. This means relations with the Hive, Bree, University, Morgan and some of the aliens (they value human life the most) might not be as good as they could be. Scions are not so outcast but are rather considered "different". They also teach forgiveness and preach their philosphies freelly, meaning converts are easier to find.

Saturn colonies have almost no space force of their own - only cargo ships and light cruisers (?) but they rather heavily depend on the Alliance for military purposes. However, infantry and ground troops are present on Titan and Rhea and are under command of the Colonial Magistrate him/herself. Minisculle airforce. Some foil-ship exist on the methane/ethane seas - used mainly for exploration purposes.

Government is following the Mars model - socialist democracy. Their political structure differs though... The absolute power is held by Earth, which is then carried on the semi-independent magistrate, who then appoints his parlamentary cabinet. People over the age of 18 are allowed to vote in these Colonies. The elections are held every four years with the parties from Earth voted for in the elections. The elections procede to the further Alliance rules. The magistrate himself cannot be changed by the people, only by the will of the Earth government.

Economy is rather centralised - the eco-system being so weak and fractured by human development, that industries and companies are imposed restriction upon. Up until now, only the InEn have been dealing the business here, with almost no native companies existing. This could change by possible trade deals with Morgan ( ).

Legal institutions exist within the full law and support free democracy. Titan cities exist with full infrastructure to support the citizen needs (although their bases are smaller and more scattered - "POPULATION, 2" meaning bases need hab structures two pops earlier - meaning Morgan style bases, slightly bigger). EC are used to their standard capitalist extent - thus meaning no such things as rations or "equal" sharing. Children go to non-job-dependant nurseries up to the age of 6, primary school from 7 to 14, secondary school (which specialises in a certain field or a grammar school, where a little bit of everything is learned) from 15 to 18. Further education is unneccessary from here but toung adults are persuaded to try signing up for universities and colleges, which can lead to better job places (d'uh! ).

Hoping for more brilliant posts,

Satrun Colonial Magistrate
Nicholas Popullos
Old December 3, 2001, 18:04   #143
History Guy
King

Cyber, Old chap, we may well consider seeking an alliance with you, if the situation leads to war, which hopefully it shall not. But you never know...

Alynzia, nice site!

Sorry about the flu, Kassiopeia, that's nasty stuff. Had it myself not too long back. On the war thing, well we are not really sure at this time who fired the first shot. We may well have to have a bit of a battle over it, you know, in a few weeks (after many more posts from everyone, remember guys and gals, BAC is hardly centered on Morgan and InEn. So post!). I think what is in order, Kass, is a peace negotiation which ends in bickering. And then...

Well, anyway, I'm waiting for everyone else to add on.

Last edited by History Guy; December 3, 2001 at 18:58.
Old December 3, 2001, 18:57   #144
History Guy
King

There, I posted the other bit I'd written. It isn't much, but there we go. I'm done until a few other people have posted things.
Old December 3, 2001, 19:29   #145
Frankychan
King

Hive freedom? This aint no democracy!
To Cybergod:

Quote:
Frankychan - do people get any freedom at all in the Hive? Or are they brainwashed at birth? But I like your complex and rather effective political system - just imagine how to manage a star-spanning empire!
Hive citizens have more freedom than they used to thanks to 'Project Mindbend' (check my timeline post for details) With Thought Control in place, Emperor Yang does not need to worry as much about his citizens. He still believes in control and order however, and his policies reflect them. Work ethics are still strong but citizens can change what type of work they can do (for the most part).

I'm glad you like how I structured the Hive government...I was thinking about Imperial China and its loosely based on history (c'mon HistoryGuy, correct me if I'm wrong!)

But to answer your question, yes they do have more freedom than they did on Chiron....although 'more' freedom is relative compared to...say, the Peacekeepers or Earth Coalition.

edit: Oh yeah, I'll wait until after Sprayber or Alynzia post....I'm kinda self-conscious about my writing style

Last edited by Frankychan; December 3, 2001 at 19:35.
Old December 3, 2001, 20:18   #146
History Guy
King

No, you are right, Franky. It's pretty good.

You will post after Sprayber or Alynzia, eh? When are they going to post anyway?
Old December 3, 2001, 21:19   #147
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 03:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sorry I don't have a website like others; I'm not likely to get one in the near future either.

But I am going to start writing today!
Old December 3, 2001, 22:10   #148
Frankychan
King

Ooh I forgot,

If Sprayber or Alynzia take too long to post I guess I will have to post something. I wanted to have other factions introduced before the Hive. The placement of the 'Hive post' is like Chairman Yang's demeanor, the "sit-back-and-watch-things-unfold" mentality. That way, everyone will see what is going on with the other factions before seeing the universe through Yang's perspective.

It's supposed to be symbolic....sound corny?

edit: Sorry...another question, if we want to involve the other factions or leaders into our timeline, do we pm the author/owner or can we just post over here?

For example, if I want to write about Hive interaction with Foreman Domai (I know he's retired) or Sister Miriam Godwinson (blegh) do I have to consult with the author/owner of that faction?

Last edited by Frankychan; December 4, 2001 at 01:39.
Old December 4, 2001, 03:48   #149
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:14
Woooow!!! (*gasp*)

You guys really have something going here already!

I'm gonna have to get in on this...
Old December 4, 2001, 04:40   #150
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
On the war thing, well we are not really sure at this time who fired the first shot.
But the InEn will think it was the Morgan ship. My personal opinion is - well, nothing. I was not there.

Quote:
I think what is in order, Kass, is a peace negotiation which ends in bickering. And then...
Definitely. Btw, what do you think of that Morganite convoy headed to Moon? What will happen? It won't necessarily be destroyed. Could be a nasty InEn diversion or whatnot.