Old December 4, 2001, 05:14   #151
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Kass: Hope the Terrans won't mind too much Kessel calling them Earthers. Remember, he was born on Chiron and has no real concept of Earth except from his parents and from what Santiago has told him.

Guardian: So you think we have a winner here uh.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2001, 10:38   #152
Alynzia
Warlord

Local Time: 17:14
Me have posted little bit of story. Writing good, not too, but effort make Alynzia, story for.

By the way, I agree with Guardian.
Alynzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2001, 11:33   #153
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:14
Kassiopeia-- I think that the convoy should contain Morganite diplomats (and their armed guards) for a peace conference on the moon. Of course, it hardly goes well. I'm not sure about what the details should be, they both believe that they other side was the first to fire, which is probably their main problem.

Sprayber-- Nice post. We may well have to ask you for at least about one corps from your army for our possible war against InEn.

BTW, Captain Yates?? Isn't that a Doctor Who name?

Alynzia-- Another nice post. But, me was wondering, why on earth are you talking like that?

Last edited by History Guy; December 4, 2001 at 16:22.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2001, 11:47   #154
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I was thinking, Kassiopeia, how's about this: The peace conference just consists of a lot of bickering that ends with the Morganites being kicked out of the InEn base and forced back onto their convoy, which leaves no other option for we Morganites but...well, you know.

Last edited by History Guy; December 4, 2001 at 11:52.
Old December 4, 2001, 16:22   #155
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Kass: Hope the Terrans won't mind too much Kessel calling them Earthers. Remember, he was born on Chiron and has no real concept of Earth except from his parents and from what Santiago has told him.
To: Kessel
Of course not, we don't mind.

To: Admiral Wakazashi
Prepare a strike fleet to Spartan Homeworld.

Quote:
The peace conference just consists of a lot of bickering that ends with the Morganites being kicked out of the InEn base and forced back onto their convoy, which leaves no other option for we Morganites but...well, you know.
Suits me. The Coalition defense platforms at Moon won't react, but the InEn 6th Fleet will Could have it even turn to a ground battle on Moon surface?

On other matters, having a sick-day, I had time to do this. Review it please.

Quote:
ECS Solaris - Solaris Class (Remodified)

Crew: 730 (core crew 550, can be operated with 300)

Measurements:

Length: 2240 metres
Width: max. 300, min. 260 metres
Height: max. 420, min. 340 metres

Armament:

Thirty Small rail guns
Sixteen Medium rail guns
Two Heavy rail guns (mounted at bow)
Thirty heavy torpedo launchers
Two transport shuttles
Twenty Starfury class interceptors
Engines:
14th Generation Phoenix Reaction Thruster
Intrepid Class Faster-Then-Light Drive System

Operation range:
Recommended - 40 LY
Maximum - 60 LY
In standard load and crew, ship requires resupply in 40 days (Refueling excluded).

The flagship of Coalition Navy and the Command ship of Supreme Commander, Solaris is also the largest ship in the fleet.
Mostly I'm concerned with the weapon part. I think that we should not have any sort of Quantum lasers, or even Impact cannons, because in my opinion they are futuristic "toys". rail guns and accurately guided missiles (torpedoes) seem much more realistic to me. Also the word "laser" somehow has a bad ring in my ears.

Though I could handle having Impact rifles as Marine armament.

What do you say? Discuss.
Btw, Alynzia - Both to the post and the website. Did the literate part(s) of your brain wear out, so that you had to post here in degenerate English? Hopefully the condition is not permanent.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; December 4, 2001 at 16:27.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2001, 16:30   #156
History Guy
King

Hey Kassiopeia (interesting how we both got on at the exact same time, ain't it?).

Yeah, well, we Morganites might have a little tiny army, but it's elite! We can handle your upstart companies in a jiffy. And don't try taking any of our Earth holdings either!

I like the description of the ship alright myself.

PS, now that I have some time on my hands I was thinking of a new post, which I shall not put down until 3 posts have been made.

It has a letter from Morgan to Kessel, and the front "page" of MorganNetDaily.com
Old December 4, 2001, 16:50   #157
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Yeah, well, we Morganites might have a little tiny army, but it's elite! We can handle your upstart companies in a jiffy. And don't try taking any of our Earth holdings either!
[InEn Intelligence Chief]
"Earth holdings"? What the heck?
[/InEn Intelligence Chief]

Earth holdings? You do know that InEn covers 15 percent of Coalition income (in taxes)? And that they produce almost a third of Coalition ships, weapons and whatnot? (The Phoenix Reaction Thruster is their subcompany's product). If Morgan has Earth holdings, InEn and the Economical Development of World party will lobby EC to have Morgan surrender them!

Of course, EC will probably not comply.

Damn it, you are getting the Sol System in disarray already! Damn you!

EDIT: I just can't understand this. Second time in short time. How is it possible? How can I mix up "know" and "now"? What is so difficult about it?

Last edited by Kassiopeia; December 4, 2001 at 16:55.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2001, 17:30   #158
History Guy
King

Oh yeah, the original Morgan Industries. It's still up and about, I should think.
Old December 4, 2001, 17:41   #159
Kassiopeia
Emperor

But do you still think that they might be willing to join the Morgan Interstellar?
Then again, CEO Morgan could declare all the CEOs of original Morgan Industries illegal as the actual CEO never died or whatever. But I do think that the Earth legislation would prevent this.
Besides, I thought that the old MI merged with InEn ancestral company after WW3. Or that it was destroyed or/and bankrupt in the WW3.
Still, if there's MI on Sol, they did not have enough space to grow when InEn kicked in big time. Could have some minor manufacturing plants, even some space ships, but nothing major.
Old December 4, 2001, 19:28   #160
History Guy
King

Well, Kassiopeia, I think Morgan Industries on Earth is pretty small, and only controls parts of Africa.

Here's something I found on MorganNetDaily.com which has to do with MI and the current violent affair with the link-up.

NEWS FROM EARTH--- Mrs. Dingswayo, the newly appointed President of Old Earth’s Morgan Industries (the original company as founded 700 years ago by CEO Morgan himself), has spoken to Miss Drecaille, Prime Minister of the Earth Coalition Cabinet, and Mr. Coracoa, the Chairman. She reports that the Terran Alliance will take no official political position in the InEn-Morganite affair, and wishes to remain neutral. READ FULL STORY
Old December 4, 2001, 19:44   #161
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:14
Damn,
Freekin Alynzia,

That was pretty damn good! I like how you made the Gaians feel like 'guests' by the sterile atmosphere. I also like how you expressed my own views about the Gaian prescence in the Hive home system (you're not telepathic are you?)...not to mention the Gaian boundries in Hive space!

This is going to be a hard post. Is the University on New Lanark? I think I forgot to mention them in my Hive timeline.
anyway, the message to Deidre, were you thinking of something to write, or can I write it?

Ok, I'm impressed with everyone...now I gotta write up what I gotta say.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2001, 21:19   #162
Sprayber
Emperor

Hmmm gaians in Peacekeeper territory. That presents a most delicious opportunity. Perhaps it is time for the Spartans to let Cyan out of her sleep. Maybe the quickest way to point B(Hive) is to go through points C(Gaians) and D(Peacekeepers) first.

Good posts everyone.

Question for everyone. What do yall think about empaths? In her bio, I said that Cyan had fairly high empathic abilities. But I don't know if it that would be a good thing to start or not. Would 700 years be enough time to have people with high empathic abilities? And im not talking about Dune stuff. Just the ability to read a few thoughts or just emotions. I'm sure that along with empaths, governments would be trying to find ways to counter act a strong empath don't you think.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 4, 2001, 23:42   #163
[LordLMP]

Empath is people who can only feel emotions....

Telepath are the run that can read minds and do crazy psionic stuff.

I will update the webpage tommorrow.

-LMP
Old December 5, 2001, 00:13   #164
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
Empath is people who can only feel emotions....

Telepath are the run that can read minds and do crazy psionic stuff.

I will update the webpage tommorrow.

-LMP
You and Kass are the pickiest two posters I swear.

Ok, I was in a hurry and had to post quick and didn't feel like writing empaths and telepaths. The question remains the same. just somewhat modified.
Old December 5, 2001, 02:03   #165
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

empath's and telepath's
I think 700 years is enough time to evolve some sort of latent psychic ability. It's rumored that some of us have it now. Like when one of us "senses" that someone has passed away or when some of us tend to answer questions that haven't been asked.

My sister, for instance, says that she sensed when her father passed away two days ago. Or if my mother is thinking her name, she'll say something like "Did you say something?". I don't know whether to believe these things or not but my point is that now, in the present, some individuals exhibit these character traits but do not claim to be telepaths or empaths.

It's also said that human's use roughly around 7-10% of our brain. Maybe if we used more we would have this ability? Just throwing this possibility out.

Well, to anwer your question, yes I do think that it sounds rather feasible......although I'm starting to not like the sound of this assassin

that's ok, I think my spy network will make it rather hard for her to reach Hive space ............I hope
Old December 5, 2001, 02:15   #166
Sprayber
Emperor

I was just wondering. But one thing you have to keep in mind is that this Cyan character represents a threat to the Spartans as well. Everyone will find out why she was put into cryo sleep in the first place. It won't be easy for Kessel to make this decision. Cause in a way, the Spartans are a little afraid of her too.
Old December 5, 2001, 06:32   #167
Alynzia
Warlord

Local Time: 17:14
Firstly, I agree with kass, the laser as a mighty weapon is a bit lame really. It's just a stream of photons which would be easy to deflect. Ooh, photons, I'm so scared... (well maybe I'm scared of gamma rays and x rays but not your average photon.)

I am sorry my post was a bit out of context with the rest. Just to clear it up, a significant number of Gaians and Peacekeepers do not live in each other's territory, except they share a planetary base on Chiron. The Gaians are peaceful people and would never advocate war with the Spartans unless their ally/allies were attacked. I mean, SPARTANS ... gaians ... Except a ground occupation of our living worlds would be impossible for troops because of the organic defences, i.e. genetic engineering of things like mindworms. We are also working on semi organic psi ships, but that is a long way off. You didn't hear any of that from me, BTW.

I am glad you liked my post frankychan. The Gaians are very much guests in your territory. The University have no holdings on New Lanark. They do have a shared station elsewhere in Gaian space. The reason there are University trained people on New Lanark, is that the Gaian science minister is half University if that makes sense (born in New Cosmograd Ciy, University homeworld) and is a University sympathiser. I should post some minister biographies... I can't believe no one liked their scary pics... those are real people I know dammit.

Alynzia.
Alynzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2001, 06:50   #168
Sprayber
Emperor

I liked your post Alynzia and you are right to say that the Spartans have no interest in attacking the Gaians. What the Spartans are interested in, is finding the Hive homeworld. So Spartan probe teams will be sticking their noses around to find out if anyone may know where it is. If that means sending teams to Chiron or where ever than that is what the Spartans will do. Of course that will be in concert with ships searching as well. After all these years, Spartans still don't like mindworms.

Keep up the good work everyone.
Old December 5, 2001, 06:53   #169
Sprayber
Emperor

another question

Would a picture thread add too much clutter to the forum and make it harder to find things? I hate to add pictures to the story thread. or should we kind of take it easy on the picts.
Old December 5, 2001, 10:41   #170
History Guy
King

Um, I know that this is my 3rd post and all...

But hey! It's going well. 'Nother good post from Sprayber today. It appears that Mr. President, Franky, and Cybergod are close to doing their first posts. I can't say when DarkCloud and Lord MP shall have time to jump in.

As for Empaths, they are an interesting idea, definently. I'm not too sure about Cyan though...of course I'm kinda biased since I didn't like the picture.

Finally, as for pictures, I still can't manage to do it myself. I'm not too good with the computer, so it takes me forever to figure out these things. And so my word about Picture Pages doesn't mean much. It helps to spruce up the story, of course, but it also takes forever for everything to come in when ones has pictures in their post.
Old December 5, 2001, 13:06   #171
Sprayber
Emperor

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing about the pictures. I don't want to clutter things up just for the sake of adding pictures. They are ok when used here and there but not in the thread itself.
Old December 5, 2001, 17:42   #172
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
She reports that the Terran Alliance will take no official political position in the InEn-Morganite affair, and wishes to remain neutral.
The official story. We all do, however, know how reliable these "official" stories are. Good guess, History Guy - Elise Drecaille is single (Why did I not add marital status to my bios?)

I'll do a post soon. Time of posting is another thing.

The idea of humans gaining parapsychologic empathic abilities sounds feasible. After all, it's practically what we do everyday when meeting people - only with such rude tools as gestures and words.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
You and Kass are the pickiest two posters I swear.
- Good grief, I almost broke a rib when reading that (my own rib, naturally, by falling from my chair). Beware, it's contagious.

Sounds like signature material to me. Can I modify it to:
"Kass is one of the most pickiest posters I have ever seen." -- Sprayber

Please?

But when reading the physics or chemistry threads that occasionally surface at the gutter known as Off Topic, I feel kind of sloppy.

Though what LordLMP posted was not too picky IMO. Then again, my opinion might be biased.

Quote:
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing about the pictures. I don't want to clutter things up just for the sake of adding pictures. They are ok when used here and there but not in the thread itself.
I also would prefer that the story thread had a clean, sleek text-only appearance.
Old December 5, 2001, 19:55   #173
History Guy
King

Quote:
The official story. We all do, however, know how reliable these "official" stories are.
Hey! It's time like these when I wish I could use these Planet Busters I have tucked away over here.

Luckily, Kassiopeia, I have the Spartans as allies. So Mr. Tremaine and Miss Drecaille had better keep out, a ha ha ha.
Old December 6, 2001, 01:49   #174
Frankychan
King

my mofo post
ok, there it is...

Please excuse me if sounds kind of weird. Its my first fiction post.......ever. I've been reading the other authors and examining their writing style. I'm trying to have my own writing style and if its not working, I apologize. I just didn't want to imitate anyone else's style.
Old December 6, 2001, 09:51   #175
History Guy
King

Hey! Good post Franky (same to Monsieur President).
Old December 6, 2001, 11:05   #176
History Guy
King

Kassiopeia:

Would you like to do the "Peace Conference" post, or should I? And if you want me to do it, how should it be done?
Old December 6, 2001, 11:16   #177
Kassiopeia
Emperor

History Guy, you spoof! You are again here simultaniously with me!

I think we need to discuss the Conference post a bit. Arrr... I would want an option to post it aswell, or about the afterwake of the conference for the very least.

InEn side:

First of all, the frigates approache the Morgan convoy, and say that they are to "escort" it to Moon. Morganites comply, and convoy lands on Moon.
Then, Morganites come out, and waltz (or whatever) to some Conference Room at the InEn Moonbase Delta-Seven. They talk about the general stuff, what happened, apologies from them. But InEn seems rather annoyed and not happy, consider them as intruders at the entire system.
When the Morganites start to say: "Because you started it anyway", InEn starts to have it. They start fighting, first verbally. Then the InEn tells Morganites to piss off, which they do. When entering their ship's airlock, some InEn (this remains unconfirmed lately, maybe someone other is making things bad) chaps draw out guns and go point-blank at the Morganites. The Morganites, outnumbered, withdraw to their ship and narrowly escape InEn ships.
Or, they are destroyed by the InEn ships. (That part I could do myself, so that you would write until the Morgans decide to leave, and I then carry on from there. Split the work?)
What do you say?
Old December 6, 2001, 12:06   #178
History Guy
King

Sounds ok to me, Kassiopeia. The Morganite ship won't be destroyed, as Morgan-Reilly and Siddiqui, two main characters are aboard, but it shall be a very near thing. We Morganites will, of course, react immediately.
Old December 6, 2001, 15:43   #179
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
Since I see that you lot are preparing for a big war, I have decided to send my diplomatic ship, delivering the new magistrate to Titan and Rhea now, before the situation become more complicated . Hope you like it. I may not have writed as much as frankychan before me ( ), but I hope 'all like it...

Best regards,

Nicholas Popullos
Titan and Rhea Colony Magistrate
Old December 6, 2001, 16:00   #180
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Cybergod: Perfect! Nice to have other Terrans around

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Sounds ok to me, Kassiopeia. The Morganite ship won't be destroyed, as Morgan-Reilly and Siddiqui, two main characters are aboard, but it shall be a very near thing. We Morganites will, of course, react immediately.
OK. You can post now. I hope that we proceed as I suggested - You write the negotiations and the fact that they leave the conference room. And I will carry on from there. The Morganite ship will not be destroyed. Crippled, but it makes it to FTL speed before it is completely annihilated. InEn pursues, but to no avail (inferior FTL drives, and firing at FTL speed is considered dangerous, at least on Sol).
So, go ahead on my behalf.