Old December 10, 2001, 02:26   #211
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
LMP: I did a timeline once. But I guess if there is something wrong with mine we can change it. As I have asked before, is there any problems with the dates that are on here. This was just whipped up in a few minutes the second day that I posted my initial thread.

2221-Progenators Land on Alpha Centauri

2301-Combined Spartan-Pirate-Peacekeeper-Hive armies overrun the last Progenitor stronghold. Conqueror Marr interred in a punishment sphere. University instrumental in providing technological support to Human Alliance.

2303-Morganites-Gaians-Believers are given back lands formerly liberated by Human armies.

2336-Universty and Morgans become the first factions to colonize Nessus and Pholus.

2354-Spartan and Hive forces attempt take over of Nessus mining operations.

2355-Moon Accords are finalized allowing Spartan and Hive to mine small portion of Nessus.

2379-Unversity scientist field first prototype FTL drive.

2381-Improved version of FTL drive is completed. Data Angel probes steal design for first prototype drive. Information is spread across Chiron.

2382-Spartans and Hive threaten war if all information on the new FTL is not released.

2384-University is forced to release information but withholds vital specifications about minerals need to power the drive. At least four different ores are found to work but University only mentions Kalciate as mineral needed.

2388-Peacekeepers attempt to get the factions to agree on equal shares of the FTL drive technology. Spartans and University refuse to cooperate with each other. The Hive-Spartan alliance crumbles and the two factions start small scale fighting. University is relieved of the Spartan Hive threat.

2390-University, with Morgan financial backing, produced the first fully operational FTL ship.

2399-Morgan and University begin production on Colony and Mining ships.

2400-Spartans and Hive launch separate attacks on University territory. Peacekeepers intervene on behalf of the University.

2401-Spartans launch first space attack on a University-Morgan space station. Two completed FTL ships are captured.

2402-Ceasefire is declared and peace returns to Chiron. FTL treaty is signed.

2406-Cyborg Scientists prefect first FTL Comm device. Information is shared to all factions but gets little fanfare initially. (Cyborgs will always seem to be able to communicate better than every other human faction.)

2417-Morgans move their headquarters off of Chiron and become the first faction to leave Chiron. They retain a few assets on Chiron and Nessus, But majority of Morgan employees move with Headquarters.

2420-University sets up their headquarters off world as well. Find out of the way planet to continue research. They maintain relations with Morganites and Peacekeepers.

2424-Spartans join exodus off planet. They wonder for years to find the right planet to take.

2428-Spartans land at Spartan Point on a planet they name Sparta.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2001, 02:36   #212
Sprayber
Emperor

I think that using battle suits would be a good idea for some of the factions. Some factions like the Spartans may be reluctant to invest in them unless they are proven to be reliable. Maybe just their conservative thinking I guess.

Spartans may have similar things for planetary defense or assault. But will likely stay pretty conservative on most weapons.

I did have a link to a Wing commander map but it was seriously large. I'm talking massive page that showed lots of stars and most of them with names on it. It was in pdf format.

other things

Come on LMP, what do you have against instant construction and research. I think building a fleet in a few days would be cool.

Actually I agree with you on this
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 10, 2001, 11:18   #213
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:14
Well, I should think we Morganites do wear battle armor.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2001, 14:49   #214
[LordLMP]

okay, here is some definitions for BAC:

Power Armor: armored pressurize suits for infantry units, allowing them to fight in different environments, as well as providing good protection, mobility, built in nanomed pack, etc.... example, the Terran Marines in Starcraft, the armored infantry in the HALO pic, light power armored Pilots in Battlezone, the Starship Trooper: Roughneck Chronicles (not the movie, the 3d cartoon), etc....

Battle Suits/Gears: those tall humanoid armor combat suits, like the ones in Heavy Gear, Gundam, Protomechs in battletech, Robotec, etc.... but average height of 8-10 metres.... they pretty much giant Infantry troops :P quite mobile for their height, and operates like a typical power armored humanoid infantry....
Like to call them Gears :P

as for the timeline, does have a problem, too Spartanize :P and slightly to specific..... anyway, will use it.

kass, when did Sol first develop FTL? i can find out, but not right now :P

-LMP
Old December 10, 2001, 15:14   #215
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
In 2449, first succesfull Terran FTL flight by Coalition. Is that too early? It was a crude device, and the engine was disposable - you needed basically two drives to get to place A and back. Fraals helped fix that later on.

They had first prototype at 2432, but the ship crashed and whether it was FTL capable or not can not be told.
Old December 10, 2001, 15:36   #216
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:

as for the timeline, does have a problem, too Spartanize :P and slightly to specific..... anyway, will use it.

-LMP
Well, the whole point was to let everyone be able to add what they wanted as their early history. Those are just the bare basics. If someone wants to add something they feel is important, they can. Thats what I did as the Spartans. Thats why I posted this three times to let people add something if they wanted to.
Old December 10, 2001, 21:40   #217
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:14
Hey Sprayber,

This might sound like a weird request but do you think you could give me an example of Bree linguistics. I mean like the name of a Bree official. I plan on having the Bree play a role in my upcoming posts and since you are the "Thread-God", I figure you would have an idea of how Bree structure their names. But if this is too weird a request, then I guess you can ignore me.

To Kass and HistoryGuy,

If you do not mind, I would like to play a minor role in the upcoming war. One of my characters, Minister Ehud, has not made an appearance yet and would like to have him have some part in your little 'spat'.

Mr. President,

Since the Drone's fought with the Spartans in the Spartan/Dron-Bree war, and since you have soldiers near Bree space, would it be alright if I mentioned your occupation in one of my upcoming threads? The Greater Hive Empire has a secret pact with the Bree and would like to have some interaction with the Drones, if that's alright with you....
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2001, 21:50   #218
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 03:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Franky,

Go right ahead! Sounds fine to me. I was actually pondering the relationship between the Hive and the Bree, and what influence it might have on the Drones' border problems.
Old December 10, 2001, 23:32   #219
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Mr. President,

Thanks! Just gotta make sure to get permission before messing with other factions. Just a reminder, the Hive/Bree relationship is secret so I was thinking somewhere along the lines that the Drone Regime/Empire/Republic was "infringing" on Hive space.....just throwin it out.
Old December 11, 2001, 00:05   #220
Sprayber
Emperor

The Spartan have suspicions about the Hive-Bree relationship. No proof, but they are just waiting to find any evidence so that they can go to the other factions with a proposal to form an alliance against the Hive and Bree.

As far as the Bree language. I will leave that up to you.

The Bree are taller than humans but not really massive if that makes sense. They could appear to be if they had battle armour on. The Gorn are taller and more massive than we are. Both of their ships tend to be bigger than the human couterparts. The Tarn are about human size and have about the same features that we do with but with more pronounced bone structure.

I envision the Bree as an aggressive race shrouded in a lot of mystery as far as the humans are concerned. (except for the Hive) I didn't want the Bree to be a super race, just more advanced then Humans. They would be locked into a long term war with the Gorn.(I'm talking about generations) A war that flares up for a while and then cools down but never really going away. As far as I can tell, every human has some run in with the Bree at some time or another. But no one has ever faced a full Bree assault. Their main attention has been directed towards the Gorn. The humans are just a distraction from time to time. Their civ is a massive one. Just like the Gorn. The Bree, Gorn, Fraal, Tarn and Progenators are all far older than humans. With the Fraal and Progenators older than the rest. We are relitive new comers to the stars. The other races are all more primitive and are confined to their planets.

what the Bree would look like with armor on.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bree.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	7416  
Old December 11, 2001, 00:15   #221
Sprayber
Emperor

If it helps
Here are some Kilrathi names from wing commander.

Khark'ssak
Kur'u'kahi
Kur'u'tak
Kur'u'tsek
M'kahn
M'rissth
M'shrak
M'shren
Sa'tlor
Sum'kahn
Sum'tleh
Sum'tlor

Something along these lines would be ok unless you could think up some things.

I would think that the Bree would put some pressure on the Hive to help against the Gorn unless they wanted the Hive to be its eyes and hears in the human systems.

The Spartans would like to ally with the Gorn at some point in the future, but so far the Gorn are not interested.
Old December 11, 2001, 00:45   #222
Frankychan
King

thanks Sprayber
thanx for sending me examples. I was thinking along the same lines you are. The Bree want the Hive to join in their war against the Gorn...maybe thinking the massive armies of the Hive would be the coup de grace to finish off their long-time rivals.

I also was thinking that since the Bree have encountered human's, the Hive would indeed act as their eyes seeing that the Hive is very secretive.

As for the evidence...I guess I have to tread lightly The Drone's have been snooping near Bree space and we have their eyes on them. Gotta make sure no incriminating evidence surfaces or else the Hive may end up getting screwed over.

oh, btw....nice pic. Space:Above and Beyond?
Old December 11, 2001, 08:14   #223
Sprayber
Emperor

Yeah, they are pictures from Space:Above and Beyond

To bad the show had to go off the air.

Check my ships section and tell me what you think. It's not finished but I am going to introduce these ships in my next few posts so I thought you guys would want to see what I am talking about.

http://www.geocities.com/hydro070/SpShipsShu.html

If you want, Spartan AeroCorp will be glad to take your orders for some its fine line of shuttles. All they make BTW are shuttles, fighters, and system patrol crafts. All of Sparta's capital ships are made by the Drones. Drone workers build the ships in the Spartan system, but under Drone supervision. Mr. President, you have a lot of citizens on Sparta Prime. Of course Morgan has his hands into the subsystem business. He would have a few people in Sparta as well.
Old December 11, 2001, 08:57   #224
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
To Kass and HistoryGuy,

If you do not mind, I would like to play a minor role in the upcoming war. One of my characters, Minister Ehud, has not made an appearance yet and would like to have him have some part in your little 'spat'.
Sure, what did you have in mind?

Kewl ships, Sprayber

What's it with these Christmas caps anyhow? My first Christmas as an Apolytoner, so this is a mild shock.
Old December 11, 2001, 14:00   #225
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Yeah, sure, Franky Chan. Ehud is the guy who hates us Morganites for no reason at all.

I guess Ehud and the InEn guys will group up. A conspiracy, you know! And then we shall have to nuke the Hive...

Well maybe it won't be that drastic...Sure, drop in Franky. Just remember to stay neutral.
Old December 11, 2001, 19:50   #226
Frankychan
King

Thanx Kass and HistoryGuy,

I was thinking the Greater Hive Empire would like to see the InEn do some major damage. Considering Morgan is a little "chummy" with Sparta and the Hive has a secret relation with the Bree, if the Hive could weaken Morgan we could have a better chance against Sparta if war did break out.

The Drones sniffing around Bree space, Sparta breathing almost down our backs...damn.!
Old December 12, 2001, 02:34   #227
[LordLMP]

Thoughts about Hive... Greater Hive Empire, base on the name and the description of the architecture/society, i think the Hive went backwards from the Yang's vision of the perfect society.... did Yang bang his head in some point, or just lost it later on...due to old age maybe? sorry :P anyway, as for the large Hive armies.....clones? something like ala jem'hadar soldiers? From what i know of the new Hive, without reading the story, Hive isn't part of humanity anymore... like the Scions are sort of not aligned with Humanity anymore. Hive also be good in psionics, after the Gaians?

thoughts of the factions:

Spartans: militarists, special in warfare in general

Free Drones: exel in space construction and robotics...advance industrial automation makes impressive ship yards, allowing the drones to build ships slighty faster and more efficiently. monopolize in space construction. into advance mining as well?

Morganites: they monopilize in sub-systems, ship hardware, FTL engines, Antimatter FTL fuel, etc... insterstellar corporation like

Gaians: exel in biotechnology, psionics, terraforming, agriculture, etc... they are quite mysterious and hard to probe

University: leading faction in technologies, specialize in FTL technology especially.

Peacekeepers: general faction who has one of the biggest space forces.... litterally the interstellar peacekeepers... are still into enforcing their UN Charter, but the sorta gave up with their UN part of their name.

Cyborgs: they are quite mysterious and monopolize in FTL communication business. They operate the most effective FTL Comm Centers. The location of their homeworld is unknown, but they are nearly all among the Chironian factions, if welcomed, by operating their Comm Centers, Comm arrays, general exploration and studying things which doesn't interest the other factions, drop Nav Buoys, etc.... They seem to tbe only to some how succeed in establishing an effective continuous subspace information/datalink network.... but do not share their knowledge. If no takes them by the time i get the other stuff, will write a bit more about the cyborgs. They do not operate much of a space force.

Believers: they are more open minded then what they use to be.... their religion evolved. the only known holdings of theirs is on Chiron and some few bases on other faction controlled worlds. They seriously don't have much of an space force. They seem to have "Missionaries" all over Chiron space, and slowly starting to showi up in Sol. Their probe stats as improve because of their ability to have missionaries all over the place.

Cult: stuck on Chiron, mainly keeping themselves busy by nursing Planet back to full health after its "Flowering" after some of the larger Exoduses from Chiron.

Pirates: desc later

Data Angels: vague desc later

Proginators: just to say, the other proginators in the galaxy don't know of what happened on Chiron and still asn't realize that Chiron is Manifold Six.... if they ever somehow find that out, they may end up launching a crusade for Chiron.

-LMP
Old December 12, 2001, 11:12   #228
History Guy
King

Franky, that's not a bad idea...

But anyway, I was sorta thinking the same thing. My idea was that it was Hive guys, or perhaps some allies of yours, that managed to get down on the moon to shoot our diplomats. The guy who did this was described as being clad all in black, but he was assumed to be InEn. Of course, he could not be identified because his head was pretty much destroyed by my security guys with their chaos pistols. In other words, this whole war is a set-up. Maybe the same probe guy could have done in an InEn diplomat in secret before he went on to O'Loughlin, or something to that effect, so the Hive or it's ally could have engineered this whole war in their greater plan to stop the Spartan invasion. But listen up, we Morganites may not have a large army, but we are the best equipted army out there, and if needs be we can call up help from Sparta, the Drones, and perhaps even Saturn and the University. So there. Those Hive guys and their silly little dictator and that Minister Ehud. Humpf.

PS, the Hive guys will only be taking advantage of the present Morgan-InEn crisis. The two ships shot each other down, and all. The only thing Hive is doing is to murder delegates and make it look like the other side did it. InEn really sends those ships out after the diplomats...and now I'm ranting...

Last edited by History Guy; December 12, 2001 at 12:31.
Old December 12, 2001, 12:35   #229
History Guy
King

I was thinking along those lines for the Believers. Who is their leader now? Has the mad Sister Miriam retired? In my next post I intend to have some Believers at Morgan Interstellar. The next post will be pretty long though. Strategy Sessions, War Council, and the memorial service to the dead diplomat. And the post after that will have the recruitment of the Morganite army, basic training, and being shipped off to InEn territory. However, I intend to trick InEn's leader as to where Morgan is heading, if that's ok. You'll have to wait for the next post to find out about that though.
Old December 12, 2001, 12:55   #230
Sprayber
Emperor

hey guys, Sparta has to find out where the Hive homeworld is before it can even think about invading. All they did was to go into an Unoccupied neatral system and start laying down colonies. It just happens to be that the system is close to Hive space.
Old December 12, 2001, 15:22   #231
[LordLMP]

Terran Alliance may be loose, but not completly loose where its members hoot they want. There is a Terran Alliance in place, and will defend Sol and it ally members holdings. So any attack in Sol will draw the Terran Alliance fleet's attention and will go in to defend. I can see some trade happening between Sol and the chiron factions...but not complete full trade just yet, especially when the Terran Alliance have the attitude that all of humanity should go under one banner...meaning, some friction. lately, the Terran Alliance as an decent size fleet of their famous/infamous Battlecruisers, along with supporting ships. Reason why the Alliance is loose at the moment because isn't much focus... if lets war starts up, may finally smart the alliance members up and work together in a common goal. I am sure some Chiron factions can see that and rather not get into conflict with a united Sol.
InEn is a member of the Terran Alliance....so openly attack InEn, especially in Sol, InEn can bring it up in the Terran Council and get the Terran Alliance Fleet to pounce on the Morganites.

Since Sol and Chiron have some friction, hard to think they will allow the Morganites own some holdings in Sol.....depending on the Sol faction anyway....

Titan declaring independence from Earth Coalition, yes, but rather go on its own as a new member of the Terran Alliance or not?
I can see Mars Combine, Scions, and Venus identifying Titan as an independent colony and support the idea of them being a new member of the Terran Alliance in the Terran Council. Also, I can't how Titan be much of an help to the Morganites lol

Oh, just to say, i found a cool pic of realistic ship, with Titan in the background....also with the words on it, "Titan's last hope", or something to that effect. Pretty neat and i can see Titan operating a small fleet of ships...the local militia in a way. But do they have access to FTL ships? don't know :P

After i get the space map done, i would like a list of holdings for each of your factions(like outposts, colonies, starbases, ship yards, bases, etc and don't need names for all of them), an general idea of how big the fleet is, etc.... Nothing wrong for factions to share worlds or systems just to say, especially if they are friendly to each other. Take the clans in Battletech....they share some worlds

found some good resources to make an starmap...and the wing commander map very helpful, freaking split into sectors and quadrants and a lot of systems are renamed for the game or fictionous.

-LMP
Old December 12, 2001, 15:38   #232
Kassiopeia
Emperor

OK, so this happened at Moon:

1. Morganites land.
2. Peace talks, which end with Morganites leaving.
3. Hive agent comes up, blasts Morganite delegate and is killed himself.
4. Morganites take off.
5. InEn frigates pursue. Coalition gets freaked, demands them to leave the ship alone, InEn fleet commander does not want to kill them either.
6. A Nova Saturna agent with some secret data escapes the base and hands over the data to innocent bystanders before dying.
7. Morganite ship manages to flee Sol.

Looks like a shared InEn / EC post coming up.

Sounds reasonable. The Hive starting to back up InEn sounds rather promising.
LordLMP is correct about Terran Alliance; If InEn asks, Coalition and Alliance will come to their aid, and could also rally up member faction ships.
But I would say that they will assist only in defending Sol assets, since it is more of a defensive union. I doubt TA would start to send attack fleets all the way to Castor. And the Morgan Industries at Earth will be seized, of course.

If (Or is it when? ) Titan breaks off from Coalition, they will have to probably try to gain Alliance membership to prevent Coalition from coming and retaking the colony (which they will attempt, surely).
I don't think Titan needs FTL ability, though.

So, History Guy, how about my suggestion of attacking Callisto first? There will probably be lots of diplomacy to mock about with first, however.

(By the way, this multi-author story thread - or what do you call it - officially rocks. )
Old December 12, 2001, 15:44   #233
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
Quote:
Titan declaring independence from Earth Coalition, yes, but rather go on its own as a new member of the Terran Alliance or not?
I can see Mars Combine, Scions, and Venus identifying Titan as an independent colony and support the idea of them being a new member of the Terran Alliance in the Terran Council. Also, I can't how Titan be much of an help to the Morganites lol

Oh, just to say, i found a cool pic of realistic ship, with Titan in the background....also with the words on it, "Titan's last hope", or something to that effect. Pretty neat and i can see Titan operating a small fleet of ships...the local militia in a way. But do they have access to FTL ships? don't know :P
I was thinking that Titan would just split from direct strictly-controlled government from Earth and would end up like Mars, with its own independence within the Allliance. I don't think Titan will have FTL ships since supporting such vast and advanced forces would hurt its already fragile economy. BTW, please send me that picture

I will post soon - describing more the social life of ordinary Titans and introduce a new character into the story - Maria Sanches!
Old December 12, 2001, 15:56   #234
Kassiopeia
Emperor

By the way, Cybergod, when the Titanians declare independence, they need to make it so that they have enough time to make their issue within the Alliance. Otherwise the Coalition will quell the rebellion quickly.
Old December 12, 2001, 23:45   #235
History Guy
King

Oh yes, we shall attack Callisto and (hopefully) get something worth while out of it, but the old CEO is going to confuse InEn a bit as to where he will attack. Hey! How should we plan the gist of this war, who loses what and who ultimately wins? Obviously we shall both suffer a few defeats. This thing, as I see it, is just part of the grand scheme in order to protect the Hive Empire, if Franky would agree to that. The murder of Morgan diplomats by a Hive probe officer is the only thing they need to do to get the ball rolling. InEn would have no knowledge of this (until possibly later). If the Hive and the Terrans come to the protection of InEn, we may well have to create a Chiron Coalition, or something to that effect. Sparta, Morganites, University, Drones being the top bunch, with the Peacekeepers and the Gaians sort of remaining neutral in the whole business. How's that sound?

As for the Titans, they may well pose no major threat to the Terrans, but if the Titans secede from the Alliance and form a mutual-defense pact with Morgan, Terran aggression toward the Titans would be seen as an act of aggression toward the Morganites, and we shall hasten to protect our friends, despite the small size of our army. I should hope that the Terrans do not attempt to crush the Titans if they declare independence. I should hope it is a constitutional right. If not it is a sure sign of despotism in the Terran government. I should hate to think that the pleasant gentleman Mr. Tremaine is a cruel, overblown, mad despot.

For the Morganite army, I wish to find a way to use it effectively without it becoming over-extended. I am sure our valiant Morganite citizens shall rally to our colors after the InEn "atrocities". If not we shall seek assistance from our powerful allies, though hopefully we shall not have to resort to such actions. The Morganites would much prefer to get this thing done on it's own, but if this thing gets too big (i.e. Hive or Terran assistance) we shall have to call for help. This thing is shaping out rather nastily isn't it?

Last edited by History Guy; December 12, 2001 at 23:52.
Old December 13, 2001, 01:16   #236
Sprayber
Emperor

Hmmm. The Spartans wouldn't mind having a piece of Terran pie. I think that the war should be limited at first. Keep it simple and let the possible hive involvement come out slowly. The Spartans would of course be happy to help. But they would expect some influience after Sol is crushed under the combined weight of Spartan and Morgan troops. But I have a bad feeling that the Bree may have some plans for the Spartans and drones.

To be honest Sparta isn't too interested in Earth and the Sol system. But, if the hive is there, than you bet the Spartans will be comming.
Old December 13, 2001, 02:06   #237
Frankychan
King

well said Sprayber,

I was thinking that the Hive involvement would be as minimal as possible.....at first. I have my hands full right now, need to open diplomatic channels with the Spartans, Drones near Bree space (we can't have that!), and the InEn/Morgan crisis.

The ambassador post will probably show up in a couple of days. Hive agents will contact InEn soon but I need to introduce InEn to the Hive political arena.

I have finals for school this week and next week so if I do post within the next week....you guys can either chastise me or gape in awe in my wonderous magnitude of my omniprescence god-hood like powers that mortals cannot comprehend.......ok, maybe that was a littletoo much

(oh, all you people out there in internet land know I'm joking right? )
Old December 13, 2001, 02:19   #238
Frankychan
King

Dang, forgot to acknowledge HistoryGuy,

Sorry History, what you and Kass are proposing sounds really good to me. The G.H.E. would cause a breakup in the already unstable Morgan/InEn relationship just to 'protect' Hive interests. However, I have to let all the readers aware of the fact that the Hive does know about Earth and its political scene.

Ok, so here's the basic plot from the Hive perspective:

Sparta wants to find Hive homeworld. Morgan, a "pal" of Sparta supplies military tech.

InEn, who is @ war w/Morgan, is contacted by Hive agents to help cause some major damage to Morgan. Hive thinks that the weakened Morganites would not be able to support Sparta if war breaks out between Sparta/Hive.

Hive is afraid that Drones will find evidence that Bree and Hive are in collaboration tries to prevent Drones from getting close.

Ok, I think I've covered the points. Sprayber, just to make it clear (cause in your earlier posts you sounded kinda mad ) I know that war hasn't broken out yet between us but just trying to make the plot a little intriguing

It's funny how one little incident can cause a maelstrom of chaos. I'm reminded of the quote:

The beating of a butterfly wings in China can create a monsoon in the Pacific

.........or something to that effect

Last edited by Frankychan; December 13, 2001 at 02:29.
Old December 13, 2001, 03:42   #239
Sprayber
Emperor

Franky: I never get mad where this is concerned. I will joke from time to time, but never get mad. Now the Spartans are a different story.

I just wanted to be sure that everyone knows that he Spartans moved into neutral space. What would be cool Franky if you want to is for the hive to do the same in a system near by.

Let me let you all in on my thoughts on the Spartans.

1. They are conservative by nature.
2. They don't like a lot of change(especialy expansion by their enemies)
3. When they do somthing as dramitic such lauching a massive colonization effort like this, bet that it has been planned for a long time and is a part of a long term operation.
4. They stick by allies, and stubbornly resist long term enemies.
5. When lauching an attack, they will have simple goals and not get bogged down in anyone place if it jepordizes their overall vision.

ex. attack on Conventry

They attacked Coventry after years of build up. They attacked coventry in order to secure New Caladon(which was located very close to spartan space). When the citizens resisted heavly on Coventry they allowed a diplomatic solution to solve the problem. They had secured New Caladon and would have been over extended with Coventry anyway. The Spartans are satisfied with the current situation with the Peacekeepers. So they will not seek to distablize.

The bree represent something different. The Spartans despise the Bree. If allowed to, the Spartans would exterminate the Bree. They think the hive is in league with the Bree. To the Spartans, this makes the Hive no longer a human society. The Spartans will not attack the Hive until they have located the homeworld and have a very good idea about what is going on. For now they will be careful with the Hive, But will destroy any bree vessel that enters spartan space. In fact, they will consider any bree vessel hostile anywhere they encounter one. In Drone space, morgan space, terran space, anywhere.
Old December 13, 2001, 09:44   #240
[LordLMP]

Sol maybe generally slightly behind in tech in comparison to Chiron, but don't underestament them thought. The Terran Battlecruiser is to be a tough ship, which by 2700 and using the mass production capabilities of Earth and Mars, they built quite a fleet of them. As for the Battlecruisers "super" weapon (which isn't, just deadly), the Ion Beam Cannons....where the Yamato Cannon would be in Starcraft. I will make a short brief as to how the Battlecruiser comes to be, after the starmap..... Also, the Terran Alliance Fleet as been built up a lot, which at the moment are only use for defence and limited in what they can do due to politics. But if war does break out, the Terran Alliance's Fleet Admiral, the head moncho (which i prefer someone that cannot be easily influenced by any faction in Sol or elsewhere).... He will not hesitate in launching some military strikes, to show that the Terran Alliance is not to be mess with...will also not allow politics limit his ability to lead the TAF....so will pretty much assert control of the Sol Forces...if not, they are to be considered the enemy.

Sol also as a large production base and an large population.... not to much a freaking large fleet for a single system....which the majority are lowtech and militia base.

Sol may look pathetic, but if war does happen, you would have awaken a sleeping giant to be, and provide the Terrans enough justification to go on Conquering.
Can have this a issue in the Terran Council...go on to expand in a crowded space via military means or eventually and slowly follow their "manifest destiny" to unite all of humanity.

War would also sort of be good news for Titan....something that distracts Earth Coalition and declares independence...and if EC does try to retake Titan during a period of war, the TAF Commander will pounce on EC for causing trouble within Sol and automaticly give Titan its independence, as long they are part of the Alliance.

TAF ground forces will be something like Battlezone 2 mix with Starcraft.

Anyway, would like to play the no nonsence TAF Commander i know i know... but decided to rather play where it is needed until some else controls them :P Pirates still mines, as i have a good ideas for them....unite the Pirates and form the Pirate Empire along with the Data Angels, if they are interested or any other little factions and independent groups..

-LMP