Old November 21, 2001, 10:15   #1
droogie
Settler

Local Time: 17:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Build Queues
Hi.

I have bought the game and can verify it if anyone doubts (ask page / manual q's)

But i can't figure out how to create a build queue.

i've played all the other civ games (1,2,CTP1,2,SMAC, even freeciv) but can't figure this out.

if you think i've pirated it or whatever, just tell me the page on the manual (although i read the blasted thing cover to cover)

cheers

d
Old November 21, 2001, 10:23   #2
J10
Settler

Hold down the SHIFT key and the queue'd be activited.

I read that on this forum too, it's not in the manual.
Old November 21, 2001, 11:25   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

-Couldn't they have put a button in the game rather than a shortcut which no one knows? WHY Firaxis? Why?
Old November 21, 2001, 12:20   #4
droogie
Settler

cheers for that guys
Old November 21, 2001, 12:55   #5
Boracks
Warlord

Local Time: 13:15
Just to clarify a little further:

Hold down the shift key and click on the next item(s). When the first item is built, you will still get the pop up message but the suggested next build is the next item in the queue. Just hit enter and continue on.

I like this as I can set things up but if circumstances change (not unusual with Zulus on the border) I can see when something is done and tweak the builds if I want. Otherwise, just acknowledge the report and go on.
Old November 21, 2001, 13:06   #6
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 18:15
You can also highlight something in the queue and delete it without disturbing the rest of your choices. Its not a very user friendly queue when you compare it to things like CtP but it works. My biggest gripe is that if you want to queue up 10 infantry, you cant just hold shift and click 10 times because the queue expanding repositions the location of the infantry in the list so you go click .. click .. click.. click and get infantry, infantry, pikeman, archer

The pop up advisor is cool, but there is no way to determine if the city is still running its build queue or the advisor is making it up on the spot now. I'd be happier if it clearly said "you have no more queued items, so I suggest ..."