Old November 21, 2001, 14:11   #1
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 11:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Who will play with me?
I am starting my own thread here to recruit people to play a game of "2194 Days" with me. I will automatically ban Xin from the game (sorry Xin ) since he seems to scare everyone off. After hearing tales of his conquests, I will say that I do not blame them.

I will start this off with saying that I want to play the U.S.
Old November 21, 2001, 15:32   #2
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 18:15
I'll take the challenge... I'll play either Britain or Japan...

My email is Stefan.Haertel@t-online.de

Have patience. I'm not a very good player.
Old November 21, 2001, 16:14   #3
klesh
King

Local Time: 13:15
Seeing as 30YW has stalled...
I would like to play.

However, I am interested in playing as the Japnese. If you would care to be the Brits Stefan, this could work. N'est pas?

-FMK.
Old November 21, 2001, 16:19   #4
Stefan Härtel
King

Rule Britannia!
All right, I'll play the British then
Old November 21, 2001, 18:05   #5
Jimmywax
Prince

O.K. so we have this so far:

United States: Jimmywax (me)
Great Britain: Stefan Hartel
Japanese: FMK
Germans: ?
Russians: ?
Chinese: ?
Neutrals: ? (if anybody wants to play them)

So that leaves room for three or four more people. Come on and sign up.
Old November 21, 2001, 18:25   #6
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 09:15
Uh, care if I change my name and join? Either Russia or Germany will do. .

Just kidding. Have a happy game guys.
Old November 21, 2001, 18:57   #7
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 03:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'll take whichever of Germany and the USSR comes last in the order of play (seeking as I'll be away for a week and all).
Old November 21, 2001, 19:19   #8
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 12:15
I'll take China, I guess. This should be interestingly hard for me, but sign me up theanzac@nac.net
Old November 21, 2001, 20:28   #9
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 17:15
Ok then case has the USSR. Which Means im germany!!!!!

Looks like its me and you FMK. Happy hunting. im always good at war scenarios lol

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old November 21, 2001, 20:38   #10
Grothgar
Prince

Right then this is the order of play.

Japanese: FMK
Germans: Grothgar
Neutral
Americans: Jimmywax
British: Stefan Hartel
Chinese: The ANZAC
Soviets: Case

Settings:

Prince difficulty. And i think we should use the British Events file seeing as the british are everywhere and also because the Axis have the advantage at the start and so this should readress the balance the tiniest amount.

Ill get to work on a map. if this thing allows me to post it that is!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old November 21, 2001, 21:01   #11
klesh
King

Should I start?
or are we going to wait for a Neutral player? Seeing as Europe is mostly railroaded, it will be very easy for the german to run them down. Is it worth waiting, or should we leave them to the AI?

And yes, we will be playing with the allies advantage in both rules and events. Has to be so to attempt to hamper the Axis.

Grothgar, If you play 2194 like you played Stalingrad we'll have an easy time my friend!

-FMK.
Old November 21, 2001, 21:12   #12
klesh
King

Also, do we want me to remove the negotiation events such that Alliances can be broken/ ceasefires signed etc? Easy enough to do, just need to know if we want it.
Old November 21, 2001, 22:39   #13
Grothgar
Prince

Well i doubt in this one there is much point in that at all FMK. I man britain is never surrender and fascism is hated so much. this isnt like TSFE this starts with the entire world at war. also each nation follows its own tech tree so no point in exchanging techs.

nd while i dont play 2194 as i managed to play stalingrad things will be intresting hehe

Old November 22, 2001, 00:34   #14
Case
Emperor

I vote we leave the neutrals to the AI and start off. Playing as the neutrals in this scenario would be about as much fun as playing as nature in Harlan's WW2 in the pacific scenario (you can see what's hapening, but can't do anything about it )

Also, which version of 2194 days are we using? (and what do you mean by 'the allies advantage in both rules and events'?)
Old November 22, 2001, 01:40   #15
Jimmywax
Prince

Nice of you guys to go on without me. Oh well Anyways I say we start .
Old November 22, 2001, 01:55   #16
klesh
King

Hey all, Happy Thanksgiving!
Okay cool, I have been playing my turn here for awhile tonite.

If you look there are two rules files.
Open them and a few lines down you will see "Allies Advantage" written in the text.

For the events, we (as we did in the last 2194) should use the German player events. This gives things to the Allies and makes it harder for the Germans.

Oh forget it... to make it easy they are listed as both rules1 and events1 as they come in the original zip.

Grothgar, I have the 2194 map that you made awhile back... but it is just over 600 pixels. Trying to cut it down to the minimum width effectually cuts off New Zealand, and parts of the Soviet Union. What do you want to do 'bout this?

I'll be done with my turn tonite (it's already 1am) and I'll post here shortly. Don't know how much energy I'll have for a full and tasty post though.

-FMK.
Old November 22, 2001, 05:28   #17
klesh
King

THE SUN RISES!!!!
WAR!!!

The wise and munificent Emporer Hiro Hito announced to the people of Japan his intentions to unify all people of asiatic descent under the flag of the Empire of Japan!

Our glorious Imperial Marines, with the help of the Imperial Navy struck out this month across the horizon! Our armies met with unhindered sucess as they captured island after island, city after city, leaving only the defeated ranks of our enemies in the wake...

The Pacific Ocean is hereby declared to be the property of Japan!
We have destroyed the American naval presence at Pearl Harbor with a lightning-quick strike. Scores of vessels were left burning as we caught the luxurious Americans off guard. Battleships, Heavy Cruisers and Destroyers; all were equally effected by the might of our bombardment. We also destroyed a carrier fleet at the Battle of Midway, just north of the island. Some 10 vessels were said to have been destroyed in the attack, though only an aircraft carrier has been confirmed to have been sunk.

The Soviet Pacific Fleet at Vladivostok was also crushed at anchor, with little loss to our forces. Our army, acting as an agent of the Anti-Comintern Pact, moved into Soviet possesions at the request of our great allies, Germany. A war with one, is a war with all!!!

Our continuing struggle against China has exploded into an all out assault upon their garrisons, with unmitigated success! China has been left only with two cities (and a generous representation of those two on the map).

Great Britain's Imperial possesions have also been stripped from her, as our liberation forces swept them aside. Initial moves have been made to secure the entirety of the Australian continent as well. This month also witnessed the heroic destruction of the HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales as they loitered in waters clearly belonging to the Empire of Japan. We have also begun the campaing into the Indian sub-continent, as the city of Calcutta fells to our guns...

I will post the sav here, and also update the map... Grothgar, if you want to make changes, you can refer to my map for what I have conqured.

Sorry if this post sucks... its 04:25 here...and yes, I have been playing my turn all this time.

-FMK.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip japmove1941dec.zip (54.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by klesh; November 22, 2001 at 05:38.
Old November 22, 2001, 05:33   #18
klesh
King

and the map...
As you can see, some had to be cut off to fit on the site here. Grothgar, care to replace New Zealand when you get the chance?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2194map.gif
Views:	131
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	6330  
Old November 22, 2001, 06:31   #19
Ceteram
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

fudge!

I missed out! Only Neutrals left-duh...

Well, I'll have to wait for the Crises PBEM to get going...
Have fun, I'll follow this through the forum.
Greetz,
Old November 22, 2001, 10:27   #20
Stefan Härtel
King

Quote:
We have also begun the campaing into the Indian sub-continent, as the city of Calcutta fells to
our guns...
Nonsense, that was a strategical retreat. The British forces are highly motivated and eager for battle with both the the nippons and the krautfresser.
Old November 22, 2001, 10:27   #21
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 12:15
Damn, how I am I supposed to fight back? Didn't everyone on the last 2194 Days PBEM decide to edit the amount of units each person starts out with to make it balanced?
Old November 22, 2001, 12:14   #22
Grothgar
Prince

ANZAC your not supposed to fight back lol. Just keep all your units on mountains in the himilayas hehe.

SUCESS!!!

After hearing of the japanese sucess in the pacific and also that they had taken some of the soviet territory Adolf Hitler went into a fury. He said that was our Lebensraum and nobody elses. After having it pointed out to him that the Japanese were our allies he clamed down and after it being pointed out that we could trade for it after the war was finnished he was downright placid. However we did broadcast his displeasure to the german troops poised for the attack and it seems to galvanise the tired soldiers.

In Two giant Blitzkriegs Leningrag and Moscow fell to our victorious forces. This is great news and it has broken the back of the soviets we can feel it. Carrying on through moscow these troops utterly destroyed the city of Gorki and took the city of Saratov.

In minor blitzkriegs behind these Kalinin, Rostov, Kharkov were all taken with the minimum of fuss. The City of Stalingrad and Baku were left alone for the minute each coming under low artillery bombardment. However this pocket has been surrounded with the city of Astrakan being destroyed. A tightening ring of steel is being wound round those two cities.

In a piece of odd news a few divisions from the fall of moscow managed to pierce the russian line all the way up to omsk, they avoided sverdlosk and utterly destroyed the city of omsk. This is great news as it also destroyed the railroad link leading from beyond the urals.

In other news Rommel took Alexandria from the british, it was a hard fought fight but supplys are being shipped over from Italy to continue the assult.

In the battle for the atlantic (TM Case ) the kriegsmarine were hugley succesful!! Hundreds of thousands of Tonnes of british supply were sunk but one lone U-Boat found an American convoy and sunk a cruiser and a transport carrying much needed war equipment for the british. We will starve this island into submission.

[As a side note i must say that some ot the battles went for me in a big way. 1 Stuke destroying 2 AA-Guns. Hey im not complaining hehe. Well see what you can make of this Allies muhahahaha!!]

Game attached
Attached Files:
File Type: zip germove1941dec.zip (54.8 KB, 3 views)

Old November 22, 2001, 12:16   #23
Grothgar
Prince

I will tell you what FMK i will replace new zealand on the map when you capture it sound fair lol.

Heres my map. seems a little odd but if you look at my post you will see it makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2194map.gif
Views:	113
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	6349  

Old November 22, 2001, 15:58   #24
Grothgar
Prince

Jimmywax the americans are waiting for you to take up their leadership
Come on this game will be good but it needs to not stalls like others have done
Plus the axis are KICKING BUTT!!

Old November 22, 2001, 17:56   #25
Jimmywax
Prince

One quick question
Which events file do I load before I start. I will play later tonight I have to go have turkey at my girlfriends house now. See ya tonight.
Old November 22, 2001, 18:02   #26
Case
Emperor

Well, it looks like I'm stuffed (and not with turkey)
Old November 22, 2001, 18:55   #27
Grothgar
Prince

Quote:
For the events, we (as we did in the last 2194) should use the German player events. This gives things to the Allies and makes it harder for the Germans
does that answer your question jimmy?
although with a decent player as the japs and the germans the soviets dont really stand a chance. sorry case. and yes it does seem like im attacking you in each pbem

Old November 22, 2001, 19:05   #28
Grothgar
Prince

Actually thinking of it it might have been intresting if Xin Yu had been the russian player and see what he could have made out of this turn of events. *sits staring far away lost to his own thoughts* oh well hehe.

Old November 22, 2001, 20:03   #29
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 09:15
Better ask Captain Nemo. He pulled out a good defense the first turn and killed a lot of German units. If the English could do more damage in that game then German could no longer be a threat to anybody after turn 2. Hence, the Allied side has a chance. That is to say, if I play both Russian and British I could wipe out Germany within the first 3 turns. However the Japan imperial army is cheap and strong, with ignore city walls and amphibius attack. So the way against Japan would be expensive. If I could deliver enough freights to South America then I cold buy enough units to keep up with Japan productions. That way the Allied would win.
Old November 22, 2001, 20:21   #30
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Don't you guys remember the first PBEM game of this? Japan has, for AI purposes, a huge army and navy, and under a competent player can conquer half the world in no time. Under Xin Yu they were invading the mainland US within a few turns. No one watched Japan's progress with more interest than our favourite Field Marshal. Let's see, who is he playing now....?