Old November 23, 2001, 11:56   #31
Kaesar
Settler

Local Time: 17:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Boney:

I was refering to industrious workers that work at double speed. They only take 2 turns to perform each task. 2 to plant, 2 to cut. Therefore 100 shields. Play France, it's really quite funny.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:16   #32
Boney
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 18:16
WOW, those workers must be filled with methamphetamines.

I have not yet come across them
Old November 23, 2001, 12:25   #33
Kaesar
Settler

Seriously, in my French games my terrain is woven in not time. One turn road, rail, irrigation, and mining on flat terrain.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:31   #34
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 13:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaesar
So with 40 industrious workers, you can create 100 extra shields, and that's why it seems like cheating. BUT...... it's been said before, Firaxis already has thought about this and that's why you can't do this with wonders, palace, and space ships. You can only lumberjack rush with improvements and units. Plus, you can't switch to wonders, palace and space ships after you have lumberjacked even once(I've tried it, it doesn't work. You can only switch if you haven't rushed in any sort of way). So in my own conscience it is not cheating. It is a thought out game feature.
I agree, to a point. IMHO the return on trees should be less; something in line with the cost-return of rush-building. Assuming repub/demo, 8 workers will cost 8 gold/turn, enough for 10 shields of production. To be in line with rush-building the shield net should be 5 (add +1 shield to account for initial cost of producing workers and lost production due to pop loss), or x3 the replant forest time.
Also the forested shields should be subject to corruption- after corruption is patched, so put down your stones.

As an aside, I have to note that this explains why tanks are getting slaughtered by longbowmen. They simply light the arrows before shooting at the tanks. Shouldn't have made them out of wood.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old November 23, 2001, 12:32   #35
Boney
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 18:16
I have not played as the french. When I play I like to put everything to random so it is always totally a surprise to me about land & civ etc.

Playing as the English has been the easiest so far. But I have still to play deity, I am working my way up there,
Old November 23, 2001, 13:28   #36
Venger
King

Local Time: 11:16
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lumberjacking - oh my
Quote:
Originally posted by Monoriu
Stuff you didnt quote right about how to check number of units...
Thanks Mono, I'll check it out...

Venger
Old November 23, 2001, 13:35   #37
Monoriu
Warlord

quote:

Originally posted by Monoriu
Stuff you didnt quote right about how to check number of units...

Thanks Mono, I'll check it out...

Venger

Man you can't be so picky on someone who just figured out how to use the "quote" thing
Old November 23, 2001, 13:37   #38
Venger
King

Local Time: 11:16
Well, I checked it out. I have all of 10 workers. NOT.

I have a boatload of captured workers. I have 110 captured workers. It'd be nice if I hadnt've had to go and scroll through ALL OF THEM to count them. Ah well.

120 workers total, and my conquest of the Aztecs is only half done. I imagine I'll have about 300 when the game ends...too bad they don't count for anything...

Venger
Old November 23, 2001, 16:20   #39
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 12:16
I've developed a real affinity for the French — so much so that I always elect to play as them now. And I never keep captured workers. I just disband them as soon as I get them. They screw up the works, especially when they get mixed into stacks with French workers. Le fooey on zem!

Anyway, the toughest thing about the French are the color (I tried calling it "purple" but my brain balked), the useless muskateer, and the pictures of the leader. The price you pay, I guess.