Old December 16, 2001, 23:42   #31
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

Local Time: 12:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
China has declared war on the neutrals. No cities have been taken... yet.

File.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1992july.net (267.3 KB, 4 views)

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto
Old December 17, 2001, 02:02   #32
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 03:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Indian Press Release
In responce to years of provocations India today declared war on Bangladesh. The Indian military high command reports that Dhaka has been secured with Indian forces taking only light casualties.

Below: A commando advancing through swamps outside of Dhaka.

And the file: (52 Kb)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip july1992.zip (52.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Case; December 17, 2001 at 02:15.
Old December 20, 2001, 00:37   #33
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

er, whose turn is it?
Old December 20, 2001, 02:44   #34
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 18:21
Yeah, whose turn is it?
This game hasn't had the best of starts you know
Old December 20, 2001, 03:08   #35
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 11:21
Whoops
My bad, I wasn't paying attention. I will play it tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old December 20, 2001, 21:30   #36
Jimmywax
Prince

Operation: Bahama Mama has been an outstanding success. We have taken Port au' Prince and started proceedures to set up our puppet regime.

P.S. I did have a better post but the damn thing didn't post and right now I am about to ****ing snap.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1993jan.net (267.2 KB, 4 views)
Old December 20, 2001, 21:40   #37
Jimmywax
Prince

I was just thinking, we need more smilies; like CivFan has.
Old December 20, 2001, 22:35   #38
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmywax
I was just thinking, we need more smilies; like CivFan has.
Why don't you suggest that to MarkG on the Apolyton board? I'll man a stopwatch so we can see how long it takes him to slap you down and lock your thread (which is the normal fate for such theads )
Old December 21, 2001, 19:18   #39
Case
Emperor

BTW, you can include the Civ Fanatics smileys by directly inserting image links to them

eg:

Old December 21, 2001, 19:32   #40
Paul Hanson
King

The Times, January 6th 1993

EUROPE-WIDE MILITARY SERVICE ANNOUNCED

President Hanson has introduced national service for all EU member states, as part of an unprecedented move to build a Europe-wide military force within the next 5 years. Mr. Hanson declared that all men aged between 18 and 50 would be eligible for 2 months service per year, and that all the necessary arrangements to allow business to pay for lost manhours would be made as soon as possible.
The move has been poorly received in a number of countries, most notably in Britain, where national service was withdrawn a number of years ago. PM John Major accused the European Commission of "a gross breach of protocol", and vowed that he would fight the move for as long as it would take. Mr. Hanson refused to comment on Mr. Major's objections.

LIBYA CONFLICT IN FINAL STAGES

Colonel Gadaffi, the leader of Libya, has bowed to pressure from his generals and agreed to stand down as leader. The move came amidst intense European airstrikes that have left much of Libya's infrastructure in ruins. It is expected to be announced tomorrow that Spain is to send a delegation to dictate peace terms to Gadaffi on behalf of the EU.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1993jan.net (267.2 KB, 5 views)
Old January 6, 2002, 06:45   #41
Paul Hanson
King

I do believe a bump is in order.

Oh, and there it was.
Old February 10, 2002, 16:29   #42
Paul Hanson
King

This is probably completely futile, but is there any chance of getting this going again? You never know, it could have been quite interesting.
Old February 11, 2002, 01:12   #43
Jimmywax
Prince

I think an infusion of new blood might breathe new life into this. Who's turn is it anyway, not mine I hope. But I say we open this and let anyone who is serious join.
Old February 11, 2002, 15:43   #44
Paul Hanson
King

It was the go of whoever was after me (EU), so I think that means Russia.

If the other players don't show up, I think we can safely assume Russia, China and India are up for grabs.
Old February 11, 2002, 15:51   #45
Jimmywax
Prince

I do believe that Henrik was next. He has a bad history for taking extra long turns, that is what I have gathered from other threads. I will PM him and see if he wants to continue.
Old February 11, 2002, 16:05   #46
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Now, now, I have taken long turns sometimes but I am far from the worst at that.
Perhaps you should check out the Modern age pbem in the spanish forums, the oldest pbem in existance, or perhaps the collonies pbem (formerly in the spanish forums nowadays moved to civfanatics) both of those pbems where started more than a year ago, then there is also the AOW pbem, which have been going on for quite a while as well, and I am still playing in all of these.
I have not yet abondoned a pbem, and I dont think I ever will, if I do I will be sure to tell you all about it when I do.
Sometimes I miss the fact that it is my turns since these forums will at random occations display some unread threads as read, that must obviously have been the case with this pbem, sorry about that
I did not intentionally abondon it!
Perhaps you should ask around among the players in those threads of yours before you make such rude statements...
That said, I will play my turn tomorow as I havent got time right now.
Old February 11, 2002, 16:35   #47
Paul Hanson
King

Fair enough. Take your turn when you can and we'll take it from here.
Old February 11, 2002, 20:51   #48
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 17:21
The Daily Mail, 7th January 1993

Is the European Secretary of State aware that on many strategic issues since the last election I have either supported the Government of Brussels or remained silent, conscious of their mandate? I have always favoured European co-operation on defence, as did the last Government, but only and exclusively as the European arm of the NATO alliance. The present proposals are not the same as that; they are totally different and wholly mistaken. Can the Secretary of State not understand some of the dangers? Can he not understand that what is proposed has no military logic? It adds not one iota of additional capacity. It offers no secure chain of command and, in my judgment, it will undermine NATO. The danger is that it may weaken the United States' traditional commitment to Europe. The Americans may well say to themselves, "Why should we ever contribute troops in future to a European regional conflict when Europe boasts an army of 60,000 men?"

Equally dangerously, the Secretary of State might reflect that, over time, what is proposed may even begin to erode our security arrangements with the United States which, I, the Prime Minister, the Foreign Secretary and the Defence Secretary do know about, which have worked immeasurably to the advantage of the United Kingdom.

The fact is that this is a political proposal, and an unwise one. Those of us in the previous Government would not have made it. The European Secretary of State and the Government know that. The right hon. Gentleman has tried to hide behind a grotesque distortion of our policy, which is not what I would have expected from him.

The proposal comes from the President. Where is he? He should have been here. The President has blundered into a misconceived political proposal that should never have been made. It is profoundly not in our national interest, and should be dropped without delay--even if to do so might embarrass the President.

Speech by UK Prime Minister John Major on President Hansons military service proposal.

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old February 12, 2002, 11:38   #49
Jimmywax
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
Now, now, I have taken long turns sometimes but I am far from the worst at that.
I know, i have taken long turns too.
Quote:
Sometimes I miss the fact that it is my turns since these forums will at random occations display some unread threads as read, that must obviously have been the case with this pbem, sorry about that
Perhaps you should ask around among the players in those threads of yours before you make such rude statements...
I was just trying to get your attention and how about from now on we PM you when it is your turn.
Old February 12, 2002, 14:59   #50
Henrik
Emperor

Russian News:
In a series of reforms in cooperation with the Japanese Government the Russian government is converting from a Parlamentary Democracy to a Liberal Democracy following the Japanese modell, in return for thier assistance Russian engineers has been sent to Tokyo where they are to aid the Japanese in the construction of thier own Nuclear weapons.
The Russian government feels confident that the Japanese are mature enough to handle such a mighty weapon with care.
When minor rouge states like Pakistan and Korea have nuclear weapons, why should not a real great power be allowed to posses the means to construct them?
This is how President Henrik Yeltsin motivated this drastic and radical turn in policy.

The nations of Turkmenistan, Georgia, Mongolia, Ukraine, Estonia, Poland and Bellarusia have all pleaded for Russian help in solving thier internal problems, the nations are having massive problems quelling cups and revolts by small groups of relatively: terrorists, ex-comunists and religious fundamentalists.
The Russian reply to this was the imidiaty sending of troops into these troubled regions, local governments has been reestabilished in: Kiev, Kharkov, Tblisi, Sevastopol, Kanaganda and Alma-Ata (in the last one Chinese influence was strong, the terrorist defeat here was a joint Russian-Chinese action).
The Russian President Henrik Yeltsin reasures all nations that there is no need to get alarmed, the Russian soldiers are simply reintroducing law, order and the national government.

The Russian overnment also extends a plea for aid and foreign loans to the European Union the United States of America and the peoples republic of China.
Old February 12, 2002, 15:02   #51
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
I was just trying to get your attention and how about from now on we PM you when it is your turn.
Sure, no hard feelings.

Forgot to post the save itself:
Attached Files:
File Type: net yeltsin1993pl.net (267.2 KB, 4 views)
Old February 12, 2002, 19:58   #52
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 05:21
If anyone stops playing can you consider me first in line please! i love this Scenario and are always up for a challenge! Thank Guys

oh my e-mail is: seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Old February 12, 2002, 20:03   #53
Soundwave
Prince

Is any free??

Indian? China? Allies? Even the... Lowest of the low Neutral States

so whats the order i mean whos whos?

America:
European Union:
Russia:
China:
India:
Allies:
Neutral States:
Old February 12, 2002, 20:40   #54
Jimmywax
Prince

Not so quick grasshopper
Nothing is officially open yet, I just sent a PM to Jerkwater box earlier today, so we will give him a bit to respond. Case has the Indians so I am sure he will still be in. I think Grothgar has the Allies but I am not sure. The neutrals are open I guess, even though they aren't meant to be played. You can have them if it is okay with everyone else.
Old February 12, 2002, 22:28   #55
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 17:21
I dont have the allies lol, but what with paul saying that John Major did a speach against the european union i thought i better write one, what do you think, its my own work
Oh yeah and no one controls the allies, or will ever, because someone who knew what they were doing would kick ass because the allies have too many cities

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old February 12, 2002, 22:54   #56
Soundwave
Prince

Well can i be the Allies please

I dont know what i'm doing so, let get it on! hehee

e-mail for saved turns is: seanie_babes@hotmail.com

so when is it my turn, please???
Old February 13, 2002, 11:07   #57
Paul Hanson
King

As my good friend Grothgar points out, the Allies have too many cities and therefore the potential to become monstrously powerful if controlled by a human player. To be honest, I think it's best left in the hands of the AI. Ditto for the Neutrals.

However, if jerkwaterbox doesn't respond to Jimmywax's PM, you're welcome to take his side, which I think was the Indians.
And the order of play is as follows:

United States: Jimmywax
European Union: Paul Hanson
Russia: Henrik
China: jerkwaterbox
India: Case
Allies: N/A
Neutrals: N/A
Old February 13, 2002, 11:57   #58
Jimmywax
Prince

My bad
Old February 13, 2002, 12:16   #59
Jimmywax
Prince

I think Case is out of town for a couple weeks yet too. Since I have been his designated player before I think it only right that I do it again in order to keep the game moving.
Old February 13, 2002, 13:34   #60
Paul Hanson
King

Just noticed a rather glaring error in my last post. I say that I think jerkwaterbox was the Indians, and then in the list of players I designate him as the Chinese player.