Old June 15, 2002, 12:45   #31
JNL
Settler

Local Time: 17:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Jaykay, I believe that, if you don't have a MFG plant, the correct formula for total production is rather :

Base production * (1+Factory Bonus+Plant Bonus)

instead of

Base production * (1+Factory Bonus*(1+Plant Bonus)

The corruption and waste is then deduced from this total.
Old June 15, 2002, 14:47   #32
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 10:22
Zanzin,
Whatever power plant you build replaces the function of any previous power plant in the city. If you build coal plant after you have hydro, you have the same production but you increase pollution.

If you build a Nuclear Plant then you gain production. I cannot confirm that it reduces pollution, though it doesn't add any -- UNLESS there is an accident (can occur during revolt (or anarchy?)), in which case you lose half the city's population and each of the 8 surrounding tiles are polluted.

A manufacturing plant adds production and pollution. It is a factory-type, not a power plant.
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old June 18, 2002, 05:46   #33
King of Rasslin
Prince

Jeez! You always make coal plants because they are so cheap compared to the hydro plants! NEVER make a hydro plant because it just reduces pollution. Use workers to clean the pollution. They are great at cleaning pollution if you are industrious. Hydro plants are such a waste of time unless you make the Hoover Dam.

I go from Factory to Coal Plant to Nuclear Plant. I love getting Hydro Plants from Hoover Dam because it really does cut pollution a lot. But Hydro Plants are just so expensive compared to good ol' Coal Plants.

Meltdowns only occur if the city is taken in war or a massive civil disorder occurs, I think. I always aim for nuclear power.

Coal Plants get you a productive edge before you can even make Hydro Plants. Make the Hoover Dam if you really don't like the pollution.
Old June 20, 2002, 04:49   #34
JayKay
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by JNL
Jaykay, I believe that, if you don't have a MFG plant, the correct formula for total production is rather :

Base production * (1+Factory Bonus+Plant Bonus)

instead of

Base production * (1+Factory Bonus*(1+Plant Bonus)

The corruption and waste is then deduced from this total.
Sorry... but i don't agree.

If you look carefully to the screenshot posted by Zorkk, you'll see that the city total production (before corruption and waste) is 9.

If you use your formula:

Base production * (1+Factory Bonus+Plant Bonus) = 5*(1+50%+50%) = 5*2 = 10

10 isn't 9, so your formula is incorrect.

If you use my formula:

Base production * (1+Factory Bonus*(1+Plant Bonus)) = 5*(1+50%*(1+50%)) = 5*(1+75%) = 8,75 = 9 rounded

As you see, my formula returns the correct figure.

This is because the Power plant increases the factory output by 50%.

Your formula was saying that the powerplant increases base production by 50%, which is incorrect.

Portugal
Nation of: Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition);
Vasco da Gama (Discoverer of the Maritime path to India);
and Pedro Álvares Cabral (Discoverer of Brazil in 1500)
Old June 20, 2002, 22:17   #35
JNL
Settler

Jaykay, I believe I wasn't precise enough (but English is not my first language :-) ).

If, once again, you take a look at this screenshot, you will notice that the total production INCLUDING waste is 10, which is the result of the formula I propose ; 9 of "available" production + 1 wasted.

What I'm saying is that this formula should be used to calculate the maximum amount of production. Waste and corruption would then be deduced from this amount. Just look at the production total ("available" production + waste) in your cities, and compare the results of both formulas (In my current game, mine always mine on my 62 cities).
Old June 20, 2002, 22:20   #36
JNL
Settler

Forget my previous message - sorry about it. Moderators, could you please delete it (and this one) ?