Old March 28, 2000, 09:21   #1
colossus
Warlord

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Splinter Civ
In CivII, whenever a civ is destroyed, it is supposed that a new civ will spring up somewhere, but the new civ never grow to compete to the 'original' civs.

To give them a chance, many argue that they should be given more for upstart.

IMO, they should get at least a dozen(yes, a dozen!) of miscellaneous military units, including catapults, 5-6 settlers, a bunch of dip plus a handsome amount of money(I suggest 5000). Technologically, they should be given an average no. of advances.
To make thing more interesting, why not give them trieme/caravel/galleon?

It would be cool when you destroy a civ, you find yourself invaded by a new civ, landing from the coast with a full army, and no hints at all.
Old March 28, 2000, 10:17   #2
Dobermann

Well, we already know there will be minor nations/civs, so I´m not sure there will be a "I destroy a civ and another one pops up" kind of thing. Maybe more something like an established minor civ gets promoted to a CIV status or someting.
Will it have to work with the resources it already has? Hmm, I think maybe one could simulate an influx of knowledge/units from a dying civ to a nearby minor one.

Old March 28, 2000, 20:00   #3
MidKnight Lament
King

Local Time: 10:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some sort of emmigration model could help with this. An influx of citizens fleeing a warzone to go to another desirable (and hopefully realtively small) civ. Doberman - you're right. Minor nations will help and civs won't just be 'appearing'. They'll evolve from other civs, minor and major.

I think we can be relatively confident that this will be handled better. Particularly if 'Rise and fall of civs' is heeded.

- MKL