Old November 24, 2001, 20:14   #1
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 18:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Israeli Dies As Retribution For Israel's Terrorism
Quote:
One Israeli has been killed and two others injured in a Palestinian mortar attack on a Jewish settlement in the Gaza Strip, according to Israeli military officials.

The attack on Kfar Darom follows warnings of revenge from Palestinians at the funeral of Mahmoud Abu Hanoud, a senior Hamas militant killed by Israeli forces on Friday.
?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1674659.stm
Old November 24, 2001, 20:40   #2
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
Are you on crack? This is an innocent person! Why is this "retribution" and what Israel is doing terrorism?

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old November 24, 2001, 20:47   #3
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Israel = Good country, anti-terrorism.
Infatuation = Condones attack on Israeli civilians.

Infatuation can go to hell.
Old November 24, 2001, 20:49   #4
History049
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
Inf is a troll wannabe. And an example of the decline of the once great Empire.
Old November 24, 2001, 20:51   #5
C0ckney
King

fk off infant, that's really low.
Old November 24, 2001, 20:58   #6
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

So, dookie, are you supporting war?
How can you support war some of the time and not condone it the other?
Old November 24, 2001, 21:13   #7
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 19:26
and so another terrorist is killed

and another one is born and kills israelis

the israelis will kill him

another one is born and will kill israelis

and another one is born and will kill israelis

and anoth.........

if there's so much hatred
build two countries

build a big wall between them

let it stay there.
Old November 24, 2001, 21:21   #8
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 13:26
**** off, bastard!
Admin:

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old November 24, 2001, 21:27   #9
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 19:26
firedragon why are you so mad?

do you have any relationship with reality?

do you read the news?

that's how it goes.

WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY?
Old November 24, 2001, 21:57   #10
History049
Emperor

The mayor of London said that British Muslims in Afghanistan helping the Taliban should not be indicted if they return to the UK. I don't know if Britain is much better than Germany these days.
Old November 24, 2001, 21:57   #11
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:26
I guess that peace march didn't sake your thirst for blood. Maybe you can crank call the Israeli's widow. That might get your rocks off...
Old November 24, 2001, 22:21   #12
MattHiggs
King

Some of you say retribution is wrong?

Then why support killing civilians in Afgahnistan, surely more bombing now won't do any good?
Old November 24, 2001, 22:39   #13
reds4ever
Prince

in britain legal action, against people fighting for the taliban would have been much more straight forward if we had actually declared war on them!! in this country you cannot be charged with treason otherwise (and any other charge would probally be defended successfully on appeal in the european court of rights)
Old November 24, 2001, 23:27   #14
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MattHiggs

Then why support killing civilians in Afgahnistan, surely more bombing now won't do any good?
Earth to Higgsie!!

Are you a pacifist? Are you incapable of making distinctions?

1. We are not targetting civilians. The PLO was here.

2. We are trying to minimize incidental civilian casualties (including taking some desirable military targets off the target list).

3. We are not happy, nor do we rejoice over civilian casualties as ****head* here does.

4. We are clearly justified in strinking back at the Taliban becasue of the Sep 11th attacks. The PLO justification is arguable at best.

*I called Stew ****head because he's the same guy who posted a false report of a bombing in my home town. He also insulted MTG's wife by posting with an extremely crude DL. That he would thumbs up a report of a bombing (BTW Eli, etc. WILL see this) just goes to show what a ****head he is.

Last edited by TCO; November 24, 2001 at 23:32.
Old November 24, 2001, 23:35   #15
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Matt, are you and Stew going to tell me now that the Sep11th bombings were justified? After all everythings the same to you guys...
Old November 24, 2001, 23:39   #16
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GP
Matt, are you and Stew going to tell me now that the Sep11th bombings were justified? After all everythings the same to you guys...
learly, after all, we're a bunch of dirty bastards who look out for ourselves and our allies, so we must be "evil' and folks who have nothing to do with the decision making process are open game.

pigf*ckers.
Old November 24, 2001, 23:44   #17
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Maybe he got too liquored up tonight. Or maybe another girl offended him by kissing too many guys...
Old November 24, 2001, 23:45   #18
CyberGnu
King

GP, remember that Eli et al. have repeatedly posted similar things whenever a palestinian is assassinated by Israel. While this doesn't defend gloating over a death, it is responding in kind.

Paikitis, I think it is more like 'another 10 are born'.

If Israel wanted security from terrorism, these assassinations are obviously counterproductive. The real reason for them is to sabotage the peace process, but continously outrage the palestinians. With the peaceprocess on hold Israel can continue its policy of starving the palestinians to death and economic ruin... All the time establishing a stronger 'fait accompli'.

It is a sad fact that even intelligent people like MTG can be duped into accepting that might gives right...
Old November 24, 2001, 23:51   #19
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Fellow chemist,

I'm not an Israeli apologist. But Stew's act can be judged quite well on its own. No need for any "Mommy, mommy Eli gets to do this" defenses.

There's something weird with that guy. This fits into a pattern.
Old November 24, 2001, 23:51   #20
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Here's an interesting question for a few people in this thread
Why should Isreal have to tolerate a higher level of terroristic activity than any other country would without doing something about it?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old November 24, 2001, 23:59   #21
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Quote:

pacifist is too nice a word. you have no backbone, you have no heart, and more than likely you have no balls. day and night you moan and groan over the fact that people die in war - grow up, get a sense of what world you live in. join a philosophy club and waste your time there.

laden and his commie friends targeted innocents, we aren't. without us your country would be at risk, be thankful for that and for bush.

Old November 25, 2001, 00:01   #22
Lonestar
inmate
King

Re: Here's an interesting question for a few people in this thread
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Why should Isreal have to tolerate a higher level of terroristic activity than any other country would without doing something about it?
Because the Elders of Zion ruthlessly removed the Palestinian state with no provokcation whatsoever in 1948 and they're gonna conquer the world!

Of course, I bet Infat's granddaddy was a British soldier in Palestine busily shooting up Jewish refugees who dared to try to run away from a Europe rampant with anti-semitism.
Old November 25, 2001, 00:44   #23
CyberGnu
King

GP, OK, I see what you mean Don't know him that well...

Dino:
Quote:
Well, I don't know... Could it be because they occupy palestinian land, and the palestinian 'terrorists' are fighting back the only way they see how?

The cause of the second intifada was the stalling of the peace process... The palestinians saw that endless negotiations never led anywhere, and the longer the fruitless negotiations went on the more land they lost...

The simple observation that Israel never once stopped enlargening their settlements on occupied territory should tell you they never intended to enter the 'final phase' of negotiations...

And so, peaceful alternatives exhausted, the palestinians turned back to the only thing the Israelis ever responded to... Violence.

Israel doesn't have to tolerate terrorism, however. Just give back the occupied land, and properly compensate the people who were displaced. Palestinians are as realistic as any other people.

Wiglaw:
Pacifist doesn't mean coward. Gandhi, the most famous of pacifists, was an extraordinarily couragous man...

And tell me, what do you consider more courageous... Accepting that you might get shot but refusing to budge, or to order the launch of cruise missiles from half a globe away?

I personally think Matthiggs has a lot larger balls than, say, our commander in chief...

That said, I wouldn't classify myself as a pacifist. I have repeatedly said that I think an aggressor should be fought with whatever means necessary. The nuking of Japan? I agree completely. If you attack someone, you have it coming.

But arguments like the eternal Israeli 'He started it when he hit me back', that I don't accept.

Last edited by CyberGnu; November 25, 2001 at 00:56.
Old November 25, 2001, 00:49   #24
MORON
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ME threads

Flaming
Old November 25, 2001, 01:01   #25
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberGnu
Well, I don't know... Could it be because they occupy palestinian land, and the palestinian 'terrorists' are fighting back the only way they see how?
Since when has Hamas been interested in negotiations with Isreal? How does murdering innocents further thier cause?

Quote:
The cause of the second intifada was the stalling of the peace process... The palestinians saw that endless negotiations never led anywhere, and the longer the fruitless negotiations went on the more land they lost...
Plans for the current Intifada were made by the PLO during Camp David II, so you'll have to do better than that.

Quote:
Israel doesn't have to tolerate terrorism, however. Just give back the occupied land, and properly compensate the people who were displaced. Palestinians are as realistic as any other people.
They'd like too. I think they'd also like to have some assurances that the people they are negotiating with accept Isreal's right to exist, respect the peace process, and are able to crack down on the Islamic militants (the principle benefit Isreal will recieve from this process). So far they've seen none of that.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old November 25, 2001, 04:18   #26
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 11:26
Quote:
Originally posted by GP
*I called Stew ****head because he's the same guy who posted a false report of a bombing in my home town. He also insulted MTG's wife by posting with an extremely crude DL. That he would thumbs up a report of a bombing (BTW Eli, etc. WILL see this) just goes to show what a ****head he is.
GP:

I was wondering who insulted LTEC! in such a crude fashion with such a distasteful DL. Guess I have my answer now. Thanks for the insight, GP.

CYBERAmazon

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old November 25, 2001, 05:51   #27
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 03:26
perhpas the native americans should take up arms and kill American citizens too. THeir land has been taken from them !! would that be justified and ok when your son or daughter or wife or mother is killed by natives , perhaps a car bomb planted by them in new york would be ok...

Get real guys,,,, there is no justification for killing innocents, no right to employ terrorist attacks on anyone.......
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old November 25, 2001, 08:39   #28
August Borms
Prince

Last edited by August Borms; November 25, 2001 at 11:50.
Old November 25, 2001, 09:05   #29
MOBIUS
Emperor

Local Time: 03:26
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the violence and provocation all been one way traffic lately!!?

Things seemed to have been pretty quite at least as far as the news in the UK was concerned...

Only on the 20th a US sends envoy and urged halt to Israeli settlements

Quote:
"Israeli settlement activity has severely undermined Palestinian trust and hope. It pre-empts and prejudges the outcome of negotiations and, in doing so, cripples chances for real peace and security," Mr Powell said adding to considerable applause: "Settlement activity must stop."
Ain't that the truth...

So guess what the Israelis decide to do the very next day...

Israel fortifies illegal settlement

Quote:
Israel razed Palestinian homes in a Gaza refugee camp and fortified an illegal Jewish outpost in Hebron yesterday, a day after the US secretary of state, Colin Powell, outlined Washington's vision for Middle East peace.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

Did you know that within hours of the Sept 11th attacks Israelis were cynically taking advantage by increasing the size of the settlement in Hebron!!?

Israel does not want to give up the settlements - it does not want peace!

If it wanted these things, why would it still be expanding the settles in occupied territory!!?

Here's another story of Israeli treatment of unarmed civilians - in this case Israelis (well Arab Israelis!)

Conflicting evidence at inquiry into shooting of Arab citizens

Or there's this one Israeli army admits killing boys

Quote:
"Until now they have spoken about targeted hits," said the leftwing opposition leader, Yossi Sarid, referring to Israel's strategy of assassinating Palestinian activists. "Yesterday was absolutely not a targeted killing," he told Israel Radio yesterday. "It's a residential area. What kind of bombs do you place in an area where children pass by?"
Hmmm, indescriminate bombing of a residential area... Isn't that what terrorists do?

Then they killed the Hamas dude

Quote:
In May this year, Israeli F-16 warplanes dropped one-tonne bombs on a Nablus police station, killing at least 10 Palestinians, in a failed bid to assassinate Hanoud.
Yes, he was in a prison cell at the time...

Ever wonder why Israel wants the PA to round up all these terrorists - so then they'll know exactly where to bomb!

Quote:
With at least 10 people killed in the West Bank and Gaza in the last 48 hours, Palestinian officials accused the Israeli leader, Ariel Sharon, of deliberately escalating tensions.
Quote:
The killings brought a definitive end to nearly two weeks of relative calm and could wreck any chance of President George Bush's envoys imposing a ceasefire after 14 months of bloody conflict.

"I think he [Sharon] wants to make the American effort fail, and it is an attempt to push the Palestinians to react," said Ahmed Abdel Rahman, the Palestinian cabinet secretary.
So after two weeks where there were no serious attacks on Israelis, exactly who is it that escalates things and starts killing people???

The Israelis!!!

So in the last week alone the Palestinians have had their homes bulldozed, been forcibly evicted from their land so a settlement can expand, been murdered in unprovoked attacks - one of which alarmingly akin to a terrorist attack!

And you wonder why they retaliate!?

Oh here's URL=http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,605668,00.html ]Another interesting article[/URL]

It relates to Palestinians who disappeared in IDF custody during the atrocities of Sabra and Chatilla...

Quote:
Almost 20 years after the fact, it seems unlikely that Belgium's investigating judge will be able to establish where the disappeared went and what then happened to them. But one thing is certain.

'Israel was in full control from the border to Beirut,' says Mallat. 'Sharon's allies will fight tooth and nail to stop this case from getting to trial because they know that, once it comes to trial, Ariel Sharon has no chance of escaping justice.'
Even Sirotnikov admits that Ariel Sharon is a war criminal!

How many more WTC's have to happen before Americans finally wake up to the fact that they are supporting a wicked daily injustice against the Palestinian peoples!!?

Wake up for F***'s sake!
Old November 25, 2001, 09:48   #30
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:26
Quote:
Originally posted by CyberGnu
GP, remember that Eli et al. have repeatedly posted similar things whenever a palestinian is assassinated by Israel. While this doesn't defend gloating over a death, it is responding in kind.
Again you fail to see the difference between a terrorist who was targeted because he is a terrorist and killed to prevent future teracts because it is too risky to arrest him and a civilian who was killed by people who wanted to kill as much civilians as possible.