Old April 9, 2000, 09:59   #1
Eagle Scream
Settler

Local Time: 00:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ideas for civ 3
-Have combat as it is in Master of Orion 2
-Allow engineers to make canals (this takes as long as it takes for them to alter land)
-Have building que as it is in Master of Orion 2.
-You should be allowed to place city improvement items in cities exactly where you want and be allowed to build more than one of each item (in case they get destoryed).
-When attacking cities you are allowed to specifically target objects with bombers etc (who can fly over cities and specific objects).
-If cities have walls then troops have to destroy walls/gates to get in (just like real life). Again this would work via Master of Orion 2 type of battle.

example of the last point: You attack the city of Kiev with 4 tanks (aka armor) and 2 stealth bombers. It has 4 tanks defending it. You tanks move their places on the combat board and fire at the city gates destroying them for their turn (just like how Orion 2 battle works). Your bombers move their turn and end up above marketplace and stockmarket (respectively) which they bomb into oblivion. You opponent in his turn uses SAM missile battery to take out one stealth bomber while misses hitting the other. His tanks exit the city through destroyed gate to combat against enemy tanks...

Just an idea, I have not read all 2 billion posts so if something similar has already been posted sorry.
[This message has been edited by Eagle Scream (edited April 09, 2000).]
Old April 9, 2000, 22:54   #2
Eagle Scream
Settler

With the building que actually what I was refering to was where you could order the city to build a number of items one after the other. This way you dont have to go back to the city everytime it has finished building (quite annoying in large games with 50+ cities). This way I can order my city to build say Barracks, marketplace, and SAM missile battery in that order (provided I have already researched there advances) and the city won't bother me till they are all done. That is how it works in Orion 2 (with a news flash telling you what has been built in case you want to change something).

BTW: Master of Orion 2 is a great game and almost as good as civ 2-though the options I have mentioned does make it in some aspects better.
Old April 9, 2000, 23:29   #3
MidKnight Lament
King

Local Time: 10:17
I'd be highly surprised if there are no build queues in Civ3. I think they're almost a given these days.

- MKL
Old April 10, 2000, 00:58   #4
tniem
King

Local Time: 19:17
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Eagle,

How does the building que work in Masters of Orion II?

For building more than one improvement in a city, I believe it has been discussed. I would be in favor of it not as back up if one is destroyed, but instead to support the whole city. A library cannot service a population of over a million. For that you need 4 libraries to service the entire population of the city. However if this is implemented then there needs to be a way to build things cheaper and more than one item at a time or something.
Old April 10, 2000, 01:18   #5
Pren Draig

They had a building queue in CTP didnt't they? I agree that one would more than likely be implemented (and if not, they should).

I also like the idea of building multiple buildings in your cities in order to service the population. We could have something like Sim City where you place where your buildings shold go to get the most out of them, but that might be taking it too far.

Old April 10, 2000, 01:21   #6
Gord McLeod
Chieftain

Firaxis included build queues in Alpha Centauri, so I wouldn't worry too much about Civ3... it's pretty much a given that they'll be in there.
Old April 10, 2000, 01:57   #7
MidKnight Lament
King

Local Time: 10:17
Yeah, they had them in CTP. You could save and load them too. I never used that feature, but it's good that they had it there.

- MKL