Old December 17, 2001, 22:09   #91
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Excelsior,
I won't be able to play this week (December 17 - December 21). So if / when my turn comes, just skip me. I'll let you know, when I'll be able to play again, though.
Sorry.
Spore page
Old December 17, 2001, 22:31   #92
Excelsior
Warlord

Sorry to hear it. We're losing rulers right and left!
Old December 17, 2001, 22:42   #93
American Guy
Settler

Local Time: 12:32
I'd like to join...
If I'm accepted I'd just like to know how many turns before I go insane or die(anyway to end my turn).
Old December 17, 2001, 23:29   #94
Excelsior
Warlord

Great. It's OK with me if it's OK with Lurking. We're playing 20 turns each.
Old December 18, 2001, 09:24   #95
Lurking
Chieftain

American Guy joining?
Yes, it's fine with me. I welcome another ruler so that Excelsior and I don't just go back and forth. I will add you to the rotation. You will have your turn after me. I have finished 1/2 of my turn, but it's a long process battling the Egyptians! I will post my game by Wednesday night at the latest (it might be over 72 hours I'm not sure, I'll do my best to get it done quickly). Sorry for any inconvience.

Welcome American Guy!
Old December 18, 2001, 10:58   #96
Excelsior
Warlord

Lurking,
Take your time. We're getting to the point of the game where the turns take a long time, particularly with a war on.

American Guy,
Do you need any help posting screenshots? Do you know how to capture and post screenshots? Do you have any webspace that you can use for the purpose?
Old December 18, 2001, 12:49   #97
Lurking
Chieftain

Admiral Lurking VI
In the year of 1764 a quiet reserved gentleman named Lurking commanded a squadron of naval Frigates in the sea between Amazonia and Egypt. He kept a low profile, but his many naval victories earned him an excellent reputation with the Admirality. The old king, Excelsior VI, noticed Lurking's abilities. He promoted Lurking VI to vice-admiral of the eastern fleet. When Excelsior died, Lurking VI rose to command not only the Russian Navy, but the entire Russian kingdom!

1764 - Lurking VI contacts the leader of the German nation. Bismark mentions his desire to help Russia in her war against Egypt. Lurking wonders what the catch is... Bismark demand 160 gold for the alliance. "It's only a drop in the bucket of the Russian treasury," remarks Lurking to his closest foreign advisor. Lurking looks Bismark straight in the eye and demands a alliance for 140 gold. Bismark acquiesces and now we have the 1/3 most powerful nation in our world with us against the Egyptians.

Also in this busy year, Lurking meets with Queen Elizabeth of the English. Lurking notes that the English are behind in tech, and have no navy to speak of. Lurking demands a trade embargo against Egypt, but the English refuse. Lurking almost declares war against the insolent braggarts, but saves the destruction of the English for another day...

1772 - In the 8 years Lurking has now been king, he has massed a number of troops near the northern front of the Russian/Egyptian war. Many naval battles have been fought, and Russia has been on the losing end. Perhaps this is because Admiral Lurking is no longer at the front... Lurking demands producton be ramped up of Russian frigates of war. "We absolutely must control the seas; it is our destiny," proclaims Lurking at a meeting of his military advisors. On the ground, Russian cossacks attack the Egyptian city of Byblos. Hordes of Russain cossacks are gunned down by puny Musketmen defending the city. Lurking is furious with his new general, American Guy. "Maybe he should start his own crappy civilization," fumes Lurking. "The could be called 'Americans'," jokes Lurking. The Russian leaders laugh uproariously.

1774 - Russian scientist discover the "secret" of Industrialization. We have ONE source of coal in our entire kingdom. It is located just south of the great Russian city of New Lurkburg. Unfortunely, a road will have to be built through insect infested jungle to reach the source. "Great, just great!" fumes Lurking... He had hoped to get started on some Ironclads for the Russian Navy.

Also, in military news:
General American Guy gets news of Admiral Lurking's wrath, and launches a new assualt on Byblos. The fresh cossack troops pound Byblos with wave after wave of assualts. Egypt counter-attacks with many knights. The battle field is strewn with bodies of men and horses, some so mangled it's hard to tell which species they belonged to orginally. Byblos still stands in all it's dastardly glory. Lurking sends more troops to the front...

1776 - The remaining defenders of Byblos, both musketmen and pikemen, are slaughtered by cossacks. Not even a single group of Russians die in the victorious final battle. Byblos is garrisoned by 6 groups of cossacks in hopes that we can keep this 11 population city! The treachorous Egyptians launch a secret attack on our island holding of Astrakhan. Egyptian cavalry capture the island, slaughtering Russian women and children. "Egypt has comitted a great evil against the Kingdom of Russia, we declare a united commitment to destroying or assimilating all Egyptians the world over. We CANNOT allow Egypt another victory. Cleopatra will pay for her mistakes. She will pay dearly..." Lurking breaks down with grief after this speach. His darling daughter was a resident of Astrakhan.

1778 - Garrisoned and fortified Russian troops near the northern front rest and heal. They prepare themselves for the next Russian offensive.

1780 - Egyptain city of Cologne burnt to the ground by Russian cossacks. "Egypt's weakness is the strength of Russia. Russia will feed off the waste of Egypt," shouts Lurking. Many of the Russian people glance at each other with disgust. The would rather not "feed off the waste of Egypt." The Admiral makes his point and many young men volunteer for the ever growing Russian navy. Lurking notes a particular cunning captain named Excelsior VII.

1782 - Egypt sends masses of knights and calvary to attack the recently captured city of Byblos. Two once proud divisions of Cossacks are killed, but not until defeating all of the 4 units attacking. General American Guy is proud of his troops, but Lurking wants more. We must continue the drive toward the Egyptian capital of Thebes. Prepare yourself, American Guy, I'm sending in fresh defenders to garrison Thebes. Your cossacks will be let loose upon Egypt soon enough...

1784 - A victory of a cossack over a bumbling calvary division produces a great leader, Ivan the Terrible. Lurking orders this great man to retreat toward New Lurkburg... Lurking thinks that he might move the capital of the kingdom... "If the seat of the monarchy was moved to the eastern continent of Amazonia, our production there would see a marked increase," muses Lurking.

1786 - Our civilization's golden age has ended. "Bloody heck!" exclaimes Admiral Lurking VI.

1788 - The city of Kappa, located in a mostly English area at the southern most land is captured by a suprise Russian attack of cavalry. "Yet another setback, but Russia continues to build and build," notes Lurking. Also, Newton's University is completed in Excelsior.

"Science is our strength; yes..." says Lurking evily.
Soon, our road to coal will be complete and Russian Ironclads will be produced everywhere!
A breathless messenger runs from the coast to the palace in Excelsior bearing and urgent dispatch from American Guy, the general commanding Russian forces on the northern front. The message reads:

To Admiral-King and his most holy majesty Lurking VI:
"Our forces in Byblos are being overwealmed by the Egyptian mobs formed overnight in the city. Again and again they riot and slaughter our soldier attempting to keep order. I had to flee the city as our makeshift headquarters was overrun. The residents of Byblos have declared their unity with Egypt again. All 6 of our cossack divisions stationed in the city have been killed or have defected to the Egyptian nation. We cannot hold the front, we are beating a hasty retreat. Our great victory lies in shambles. I am sorry...

-Your humble and most obediant servant American Guy.

"Oh no," sighs Lurking, "Russia now must be on the defensive."

1790 - The people, not hearing the terrible news from the front lines, apparently decide to plant trees all around the palace. Lurking doesn't complain, they hide the sour world from his view.

1792 - Russia is on the defensive. Egyptian units massing in Byblos and Egyptian frigates continually bombard the eastern coast of Amazonia. Lurking can at least draw some satisfaction from the fact that the Egyptians dare not land a force on any of our main holding. Russian troops would slaughter any landing force.

1794 - Lurking falls into madness because of the desperation he feels at achieving no progress in the Great War. He locks himself in the palace nearing completion in the city of Eta. Perhaps from here Lurking can find happiness when the Southern Russian fleet arrives to destroy the rampaging Egyptian fleet. "We will not cave in," says American Guy addressing a worried pulblic...

See next Lurking message for save game.

Last edited by Lurking; December 18, 2001 at 21:05.
Old December 18, 2001, 14:16   #98
Excelsior
Warlord

Sounds good! If the Egyptians are still building cavalry, then they must still have a supply of saltpeter. Where is it? I thought I destroyed their only supply. If you can find it, it would be well worth the troops expending in capturing it. Maybe the English are trading it to them?
Old December 18, 2001, 17:40   #99
American Guy
Settler

Yeah I need help with Screenshots...
Yep I don't have webspace either

Maybe they have reserves of cavalry?

If they don't we must destroy it!
Old December 18, 2001, 18:59   #100
Excelsior
Warlord

I guess you can just e-mail screenshots to either Lurking or me and we'll put them up on fsck's site. To capture a screenshot in the game, just hit the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Then paste it into a paint program like paintbrush and save it as a .jpg file. To insert a picture into a post, add vB IMG tags around the url of the file. The url will be like this:
http://www.doriarpg.org/img/Your_Filename_Here.jpg
Any questions?
Old December 18, 2001, 21:07   #101
Lurking
Chieftain

End of turn 18
Save game:
Attached Files:
File Type: zip endturn18_1794ad.zip (144.4 KB, 4 views)
Old December 18, 2001, 21:42   #102
Excelsior
Warlord

Quote:
All 6 of our cossack divisions stationed in the city have been killed or have defected to the Egyptian nation. We cannot hold the front, we are beating a hasty retreat. Our great victory lies in shambles. I am sorry...
Ouch! That stinks! I can't wait to get back in there and teach those !@#$! Egyptians a thing or two. American Guy, you're up!
Old December 18, 2001, 22:50   #103
American Guy
Settler

Grr...
1784 - American Guy takes the thrown and decides that Firaxis is run by rabid monkeys. Good news is reported when one of our veteran frigates defeats an Egyptain frigate and becomes elite!

1796 : Our scientists are quite close to the discovery of the corporation. AG orders all frigates to get into position to bomb the nearest egyptian city . AG thinks corruption is way too high and orders a change in government to a democracy until another form of government is discovered. To add to all these changes, American Guy and his foreighn advisor bribe England to join the war against the Egyptian scum.

1798 : Anarchy continues, AG hopes it's worth the wait. Terrible news reaches American Guy that a frigate lost to a caravel! AG is mad and feeds the messangers to the royal chipmunks. American Guy made the hard decision of post poning the war due to a company called Firaxis who supplied the battle strategies fore Russians. American Guy tells all his generals she looks like a pile of . To annoy her, AG asked for all her cities but she replied that his skull was as empty as his threat. (boy she made a mistake) AG prepares to plunge into war again...

1800-1804 : AG gets drunk and make Cleo mad again . Also AG makes the miraculous discovery of toejam, sold at 500 gold an ounce.

1806 : nuttin here

1808 : Power to the people! The democracy is set-up and American Guy is elected! And to top it all off we're making 100 more gold!

1810 : We discover the corporation and AG decides to explore the refining of a black tasty substance called oil. Contstruction of ironclads starts and Egypt is found in a hell hole when AG rejoins the war . Bad news arrives at the kremlin, most Russian units are being destroyed... by knights and cossacks are being killed by cavalry.

Note : WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be continued...
Old December 18, 2001, 22:54   #104
American Guy
Settler

well I have to finish the story tommorrow cuz of my stress and it's 10:00 PM so I'm going to watch TV, Next time use moralins(sp?) exponential mod, it balances the game up.
Old December 19, 2001, 00:08   #105
Excelsior
Warlord

Re: Grr...
Well, I guess this would be the reign of AG the Angry.
Old December 19, 2001, 09:05   #106
Lurking
Chieftain

reign of AG the angry
Hmm, seems American Guy is a little crazier than the late Admiral Lurking VI... Why did the war effort stop? We were not losing by any means. I'm not sure if I approve of AG's governing scheme. Perhaps his pacifist tendencies were the reason that Russia lost so many battles when he was general... Russian democracy... bwaaaa!
Old December 19, 2001, 09:10   #107
Lurking
Chieftain

Excelsior
Hey Excelsior,
Can you contact me via private message or e-mail? Both should be enabled when you search for me in the members area. Let me know how I can contact you.
Old December 19, 2001, 12:16   #108
Excelsior
Warlord

OK, I sent you an e-mail.
Old December 20, 2001, 08:55   #109
Lurking
Chieftain

American Guy?
Hey AG,
Would you please edit your story? I would like to see a little more detail and imagination in your description of your turn. If you can significantly improve your posts we will keep you in the game, but as of now, I think your post is detracting from the quality of this thread. Please improve it. See some of our previous posts for ideas and style/formats. If you'd rather not do this, we would like to drop you from the rotation. There are a # of other succession games out there, some of them are bound to suit your style better than this one.

Thank you for your efforts, and if your quality improves we'd be glad to keep you on board.

-Lurking, game co-coordinator
Old December 21, 2001, 12:51   #110
Excelsior
Warlord

American Guy's 72 hours are up. Lacking any indication as to when he will be able to complete his turn, I am going to pick up where Lurking left off.
Old December 22, 2001, 17:03   #111
Excelsior
Warlord

The reign of Excelsior VII
Vladimir Rozhenko now had but one purpose in his life, to change history. Though the year was currently 1788, Vladimir had been, or will be, born in 2042. Hurled back in time nearly three centuries, his objective was to prevent the disastrous course of events that ultimately led to the destruction of Russia.

Doing this was simple; he was merely required to assassinate American Guy, the future leader of the Russian Empire. American Guy's disastrous attempt at a Russian democracy had to be stopped. The Russians were not ready to lead themselves and the war with Egypt was destined to tear apart the fragile Russian democracy and scatter its people across the globe. Vladimir was here to prevent that fate.

The city of Byblos was in ruins. Throughout the city, flames burned, women screamed, and horses ran wild through the streets. The Egyptians were revolting, Russian Cossacks desperately fighting to keep order and prevent a general insurrection. But it was already too late; Vladimir knew that within twenty-four hours the city would be taken and that every Russian soldier within twenty miles would be evacuated or dead. He also knew that American Guy was here, directing his troops in a futile attempt to quell the resistors.

Using knowledge culled from observation drones, Vladimir easily slipped past the Russian patrols and into the heart of the Russian city garrison. He knew the precise location of his target at the precise moment when he would be the most vulnerable. He knew that in exactly one minute, American Guy would leave the command compound and be completely defenseless for the three seconds before his bodyguards followed him out.

But Vladimir was behind schedule. Hurrying rapidly down the narrow alleyways he glanced at his thoroughly anachronistic wristwatch. He had fifteen seconds. At last, he turned the final corner, pulling his automatic pistol from its holster. The door opened.

One shot echoed through the city. As his victim fell to the ground, Vladimir vanished. He had never existed. American Guy was dead; history had been changed; disaster had been averted.

Henceforth, history recorded that American Guy never ascended the throne of Russia, dying in 1788, six years before the ascension of Excelsior VII, the new king of Russia!

Turn #0>1794AD
Excelsior VII surveys the state of the war. The progress of the Russian Army seems to have been stalled by the loss of Byblos, thus the war with Egypt is thus far a stalemate, with minor losses on both sides. The Russian Eastern Fleet has been totally annihilated, allowing the Egyptians total control over the eastern ocean. Two Egyptian frigates have assumed positions along the coast, apparently to allow the landing of Egyptian troops nearby. In the west, however, the Russian Navy has achieved dominance, completely controlling all oceans west of Russia.

The Germans, though, have not done so well against the Egyptians. Noting the enormous downturn in German power in the last fifty years, Excelsior VII decides that the Russian people must have a new ally in the war against Egypt. Contacting the English, he discovers that they are somewhat amenable to the proposition, though they do need an incentive. A bribe of 250 gold proves satisfactory, and Elizabeth leads her people into the fray.
Turn #1>1796AD
The city of Alpha completes the training of a Cossack and begins building a frigate. The city of Eta completes the relocation of the Russian capital, moving the Russian government to the eastern continent. Production levels see a noticeable jump in the region. The city begins production of a frigate. Excelsior orders a barracks to be rushbuilt at Novgorod to help the city serve as a mustering base for Russian incursions into Egypt.

Russian Scholars have learned the secret of "The Corporation!" After studying the available research avenues, Excelsior decides that Russian genius would be best spent toward developing techniques for the refinement of a crude oil. Visions of oil powered mechanical war behemoths doubtlessly influenced his decision.

In the war news, no less than five Egyptian frigates bombard the Russian coast near Mu. The Egyptian Navy, defying Russian dominance in the western ocean, sinks a Russian frigate near Berlin. A galleon full of Russian troops nears Egyptian shores, prepared to take or plunder the Egyptian coal deposits near Memphis.
The Egyptian Navy near Mu and Buto:

Turn #2>1798AD
Novgorod completes a barracks and begins work on a courthouse. The Royal Ditchdiggers have finally completed the infrastructure necessary to bring coal to the Russian empire. Excelsior Memorialis completes a frigate and begins work on a new class of ship for the Russian Navy, the Xsck Class Ironclad!

The Egyptian bombardment campaign continues unabated. Fortunately, the cities are not significantly affected. A Russian frigate attacks and barely manages to destroy an Egyptian caravel sailing around Cape Kiev. Further Russian naval activity is minimal. Russian troops land near the Egyptian city of Memphis; they will have to wait there, though, until reinforcements arrive. Egyptian defenses near Memphis are too strong to risk an attack. A Russian spearman and a Russian pikeman are upgraded to riflemen at Novgorod.
Turn #3>1800AD
The Egyptian cavalry response to our invasion is swift, and deadly. Our entire attack force is nearly wiped out before it even had time to move. The pitiful survivors are extracted by galleon. Fortunately, the Egyptian bombardment of the Russian coast has ceased momentarily. Russian Cossacks arrive in Novgorod; a second invasion force is preparing to move against Egypt. Russian frigates near Kiev spot a positive sign; English Men-of-War are seen sailing toward Egypt.
Turn #4>1802AD
The city of Beta completes the training of a Cossack and begins construction of a new ironclad. Lurkburg completes a cannon and also begins an ironclad. St. Lurking and Krasnoyarsk train Cossacks and begin training more.

The Egyptians destroy another Russian frigate in the western ocean and resume the bombardment of the Russian coastline. Another Russian frigate is sunk while attacking an Egyptian frigate in the eastern ocean. Cannons bombard Egyptian frigates off the coast of Buto, but do minimal damage. Russian Cossacks destroy Egyptian musketmen and spearmen near Novgorod.
Turn #5>1804AD
Again, Egyptian bombardment hammers Buto, this time killing 40,000 innocent civilians. A Russian galleon is accidentally destroyed when it attempts to attack an Egyptian caravel (I hit the wrong key!). The Egyptian harbor city of Pi-Ramesses is blockaded by Russian frigates.
Turn #6>1806AD
Excelsior completes a Cossack and begins another. The Egyptians come offering peace with Russia, but it is too late. With the English-Russian Alliance active, the Russians could not back out of this war even if they wished to. "There shall be no peace in our time," declares Excelsior VII, "We shall avenge the people of Riga and Astrakhan. The Egyptians shall pay for every drop of Russian blood spilled. And they shall pay dearly." The Egyptian Navy successfully breaks the blockade of Pi-Ramesses, destroying another Russian frigate. Excelsior VII groans at the inadequacy of Russia's navy, but he can do little to remedy it at this point.

The Russian Army sets out from Novgorod, marching with a force of six Cossacks and two Riflemen.
Turn #7>1808AD
The cities of Delta, Mosfrog, and Vladivostok complete the training of Cossacks and begin more. The Russian Army slowly advances into Egyptian territory, closing in on the target of Byblos. Meanwhile, the Russian Navy lands a diversionary force of 3 Cossacks, 1 Knight, and 1 Spearman near Memphis.
Turn #8>1810AD
The city of Moscow completes a settler and begins work on a marketplace. Eta produces the first Russian ironclad, the Invincible, and begins construction of another. It is hoped that this will help bolster the lamentably poor condition of the Russian Navy. Further, Russian inventors discover the secret of refining, a step toward building a new breed of mighty Russian warship. The inventors will next study the industrial applications of Steel! A quick survey of the Russian Empire shows that the Russian people have access to two sources of oil already, with a third inside Russian territory, but not already connected to the Russian road network.

Egyptian counterattacks are vicious. The entire landing force is immediately destroyed in its entirety. A single Egyptian cavalry and a single horseman are lost in the effort. Meanwhile, the Egyptian Navy sinks two Russian frigates, losing only one of their own. On the northern front, the Russian invasion closes in on the ill-prepared defenders of Byblos.

Turn #9>1812AD
The city of Alpha completes an ironclad and begins another. Epsilon and St. Petersburg both train Cossacks and begin training more. Theta trains a rifleman and begins work on a barracks.

An Egyptian frigate attacks the Invincible and is destroyed. The crew of the Invincible achieves veteran status. 2 Egyptian archers and 1 Egyptian cavalry attack the Russian army as it approaches Byblos. The archers are killed but the cavalry breaks through the Russian lines, destroying a division of riflemen.

But the valiant Russian troops press on, Cossacks charging against the city defenders. 2 musketmen and 1 cavalry division fall before the Russian juggernaut. The Russian forces march in, garrisoning the city with 7 divisions of Russian troops. Though the entire population has risen up in arms against the Russian occupation, Excelsior VII hopes that unlike the previous occupation, this force will see that Byblos stays Russian. In the aftermath of the battle, Russian Cossacks destroy two more divisions of Egyptian musketmen.

Turn #10>1814AD
Iota completes a new ironclad; soon the Russian navy will be the most powerful in the world. Rostov completes a library and begins a marketplace. The war was quiet during these years as 4 divisions of Cossacks arrived in Byblos to help solidify the Russian occupation army.
Turn #11>1816AD
The cities of Beta and Lurkburg complete ironclads and begin another. New Excelsior completes a Cossack and begins another. Minsk completes a rifleman and begins a marketplace. The resistance in Byblos has been put down, but the city has now fallen into a lower level civil disorder.
Turn #12>1818AD
The Romans ask to exchange maps. Excelsior sees an opportunity and seizes it, signing a deal giving the Romans 300 gold and the Russian world map in exchange for the Roman world map and an alliance against the Egyptians. Caesar agrees to the terms and declares war on the Egyptians. St. Lurking trains a Cossack and begins another.

The Egyptian Navy strikes back at the encroaching Russians, destroying two Russian frigates. The Invincible, however, survives the onslaught, destroying an Egyptian frigate. The I.R.S. Fortress sinks an Egyptian frigate in the western ocean. All seems quiet near Byblos. The thirteen troops garrisoned there seem to be keeping order quite effectively and the Egyptians have yet to respond with a counterattack. Seeing this, Excelsior VII authorizes a daring plan brought to him by one his generals, Lurking VII. The plan calls for a swift strike into the heart of Egypt, destroying Hieraconpolis before the Egyptians can muster a response. If the attack is successful, then Alexandria may be the next target.

On the order of the king, Russian Cossacks poured across the border, striking Hieraconpolis and then retreating back towards Byblos. Four times the Cossacks struck, each time weakening the defending musketmen. Finally, they Cossacks smashed the lines, tearing into the city and burning it as they went. Soon Hieraconpolis was no more, a burnt patch of landscape all that was left from a city of 780,000 people. The Cossacks left eventually, having captured an enormous booty, 5 divisions of slaves and 4 divisions of catapults.
Turn #13>1820AD
The cities of Gamma and Vladivostok both complete the training of Cossacks and begin more. Another Russian frigate is sunk by the Egyptian Navy. Several more Cossacks arrive to reinforce Byblos.
Turn #14>1822AD
The English offer to exchange world maps; Excelsior VII accepts. Mosfrog trains a Cossack and begins training another. Several more Cossacks arrive in Byblos bringing the total force there to 15 Cossacks, 1 Rifleman, and 4 Catapults.
Turn #15>1824AD
Bismarck, the leader of the German Empire, comes begging for a mutual protection pact. This is decidedly against Russian interests, but Excelsior would rather not provoke the German people. Thanks to the war with Egypt, the Germans are now only a third rate power, little stronger than the Romans. Excelsior decides to bestow a gift on the German people, the secrets of "Military Tradition." Hopefully, this will help the Germans resist the Egyptian invasion.

The city of Vovanville completes a factory, increasing production there to 16 shields per turn. The city begins production of an ironclad. Delta completes the training of a Cossack and begins another. Eta completes an ironclad and begins another. Tblisi completes a rifleman and begins a barracks. Excelsior orders a barracks rushbuilt in Byblos. Russian scientists discover the secret of Steel! Excelsior directs them to research Combustion; soon the Russian Navy will have a new toy to play with.

Egyptian counterattacks on Byblos are thwarted. Fortunately, only one cavalry actually attacked the city. Three more, however, have been spotted in the surrounding area. The Russian Cossacks counterattack, destroying 6 Egyptian cavalry divisions and 1 division of musketmen. Only a single division of Russian Cossacks is lost in the fray. Excelsior VII declares a holiday in honor of this great victory, the Battle of Nuremberg Plains.
Turn #16>1826AD
The cities of Excelsior and Lamda train Cossacks and begin more. Byblos completes the barracks and begins a temple. Excelsior Memorialis completes an ironclad and begins another. Theta completes a barracks and begins a factory.

Egyptian counterattacks are vicious. Though losing a division of cavalry and a division of horsemen, the Egyptians destroy 4 divisions of Cossacks. The Egyptian Navy loses a frigate in a pitiful attack on the I.R.S Invincible. The I.R.S. Invincible retaliates, destroying another Egyptian frigate. The catapults stolen from Hieraconpolis are upgraded to cannons at the barracks in Byblos. A second rifleman is dispatched from Novgorod to reinforce Byblos.
Turn #17>1828AD
Alpha completes an ironclad and begins a Cossack. Buto completes the training of a rifleman and begins another. The city of Byblos is ordered to rushtrain a rifleman. An Egyptian frigate is destroyed while attempting an attack on a Russian ironclad. Both riflemen near Byblos are destroyed by Egyptian cavalry. The I.R.S. Invincible barely survives an engagement with an Egyptian frigate but does escape intact. Russian counterattacks on exposed Egyptian cavalry destroy 3 divisions without losses.
Turn #18>1830AD
Beta and Lurkburg produce ironclads and begin work on Cossacks. Byblos completes the training of a rifleman and begins another. Epsilon and St. Petersburg complete the training of Cossacks and begin more. Sverdlovsk completes a courthouse and begins work on a library. The city of Mu completes a temple and begins work on a rifleman for defense.

The Egyptian Navy loses another frigate to Russian ironclads. A Russian ironclad sinks an Egyptian caravel near Mu, its crew achieving veteran status. The Egyptian Army manages to destroy another 2 divisions of Russian Cossacks while only losing a single division of horsemen. Meanwhile, an enormous army of antiquated troops is spotted moving towards Novgorod. The Russian Army attacks, losing 3 Cossacks to Egyptian knights. Two knights and one horsemen division are destroyed, but not before unacceptable loses are taken by Russian forces. Excelsior feels that the war is spinning out of control.

Turn #19>1832AD
St. Lurking, Odessa, and Vladivostok complete Cossacks and begin more. Excelsior VII orders another division of riflemen to be rushtrained in Byblos. He is growingly concerned about the stability of the Russian occupation there.

Egyptian forces attack! One cavalry and five horsemen divisions are killed, Russian casualties numbering only one division of knights and Cossacks each. The Egyptian Navy finally succeeds in its quest to destroy a Russian ironclad, sinking the I.R.S. Riga. Russian forces counterattack the invading Egyptians, destroying a division each of cavalry and knights.
Turn #20>1834AD
Vovanville completes a new ironclad and begins training Cossacks. Byblos completes another division of riflemen and begins yet another. Iota builds an ironclad and begins another. The Egyptian Navy is again thwarted, losing a frigate to a Russian ironclad. Excelsior VII is extremely pleased the performance of Xsck Class Ironclad and orders a statue erected in honor of its designer. The Russian Army is not doing so well, losing another division of Cossacks as Egyptian cavalry moves up towards Novgorod.

Excelsior orders a full cavalry response. Wave after wave Cossacks strike the advancing Egyptian forces, pummeling them with few losses of their own. In sum, the total Egyptian losses number 2 divisions each of cavalry and horsemen, a division of musketmen, and a division of knights, while the Russian Army reports no significant losses.

Upon hearing of this great victory, the elderly Excelsior VII smiled and said, "The war may continue, but I have no doubt that we will be victorious. Even in my absence, perhaps." And with that he died, passing on the crown of Russia to his heir, the general commanding the Russian Army on the Egyptian front, Lurking VII.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip endturn19.zip (143.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Excelsior; December 22, 2001 at 18:22.
Old December 22, 2001, 18:54   #112
Excelsior
Warlord

Oh, and a couple of notes to my successor. We're about 3 turns from combustion. I would recommend researching communism after we get combustion. Anarchy or no anarchy, I think it would be advantagous to switch to communism at this point. We're currently losing about 30 gold per turn, but that's mainly because we're running at about a 70-80% science rate. We've got enough cash that I was letting it go for now, but that's not a permanent solution. I thnk communism may help our money problem while allowing us to maintain a high science rate.

Also, whatever you do, don't make peace with the Egyptians before the alliance with the English runs out; we don't want to annoy them.
Old December 23, 2001, 00:51   #113
Jumping Choya
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:32
Unemployed Gamer, Seeking a Civ Game
***Personal: In between civ games right now. Enjoys long sessions of Civilization III at sunset by the beach, easy to get along with. Has interest in joining a succession game.

Passion for writing and playing games well. Has experience with Regent level of Civ III, and the underground hit story, The Glory of Egypt. Will not dissappoint.

Please post in this thread if you want to be the lucky predecessors of Jumping Choya the First.***

Well, I hope I didn't blow my chances in one fell swoop with that ubercorny personal ad knockoff. If you guys want a ruler (right now it seems to just be the two of you), I'd be willing to join and play a few turns until the others get back (or go until the end, if my performance is up to par). I can promise that I won't do anything too outlandish if you allow me into the mighty Russian empire!

So, tell me if you need me.
Old December 23, 2001, 13:55   #114
Lurking
Chieftain

re: Jumping Choya request to play
Hey Jumping Choya,
I've added you to the rotation. Go ahead and play now! I hope your term as King of Russia goes well! We'll just see what happens...
Old December 23, 2001, 14:47   #115
Excelsior
Warlord

Welcome to the game, Jumping Choya! Good luck fighting the Egyptians.

By the way, what is a "Jumping Choya?"
Old December 23, 2001, 14:59   #116
Jumping Choya
Chieftain

A Jumping Choya is a species of cactus, and from personal experience, a very bad cactus.

It's designed in a way that it grows in little segments. On these segments are the usual pricklie spines, with little barbs at the end. The idea is that an animal walks by, gets stuck by the needles, breaks off a segment, which will eventually get dropped somewhere else, thus spreading the species.

Last year, some friends and I were in the Mojave Desert for a school trip and came across some of these. One of my friends goes over to one of the plants and gently touches one of the needles.
*stick!*
He pulls his finger away, and off comes a little segment of the cactus - and he tries to shake the one needle off (in a half-panicked state), which causes the segment to flop around, and he gets about three more needles stuck to him. He finally gets the segment off, and painfully pulls out the other needles. Another friend kicked the plant for revenge, and had to pull the needles out of his shoe with pliers.

We ended up having a bit of fun watching the catctus fly into pieces when we threw rocks at it.

So that is what a Jumping Choya is.
Old December 23, 2001, 15:38   #117
Excelsior
Warlord

Old December 24, 2001, 01:24   #118
Ralph_Jones
Settler

Local Time: 13:32
I want In
Im asking now... can i come in to this game? i know youll say yes... but i wanted to know my turn.

Ralph_Jones

I LIVE FOR TRIVIA
I DIE FOR TRIBES
GO TO HELL
Old December 24, 2001, 01:26   #119
Jumping Choya
Chieftain

Jumping Choya the First
The reign of King Lurking VII was underway. In his first speech to the peasants, he promised great and wonderful accomplishments, and the destruction of Egypt.

Unfortunately, he died four days later in what was called a fishing accident off the coast of Eta. People close to the king were baffled, as they never remembered him being fond of fishing, or even going out once, for that matter.

Regardless, the king was dead, and the throne was vacant. The throne remained vacant for about three hours after the announcement of the king's death, when the little-known nephew of Lurking conveniently showed up and claimed the crown. Thus began the rule of Jumping Choya the First.

Turn #0>1834>The First Months
Soon after taking control of the Russian Monarchy, J.C. was informed that the English no longer wanted to export their fine dyes and 11 gold bars in exchange for Russian wines. Upon further inquiry, J.C. found that the English were flat out broke. The new English terms for exporting their dyes were unnacceptable, and so the deal was not renewed.

An Egyptian Frigate bombards Byblos, unnopposed.

Turn #1>1836>The First Battles of J.C.'s Reign
Byblos had fallen into disorder. Jumping Choya hires more entertainers, leaving the city with insufficient food production to serve the population. "Oh well, I think it serves them right for their insolence!" he said.

Mosfrog trained a cossack, naming the horse Brave Choya in honor of their new king.

An Ironclad departed from Mu to combat the Egyptian Frigate menacing Byblos. Meanwhile at Byblos, four cannon companies reduced the ship to its wooden skeleton (1 HP left!) before the captain on the ship new what was going on.

Cannons at Buto were moved to Novgorod for future battles, and the cannon division already stationed there moved out to bombard Egyptian forces hiding in the nearby forests. Four cossacks move in; one division is forced to retreat after taking losses, but the other three exterminate the two swordsmen divisions and the single spearman division.

On the other side of the Egyptian continent, a four divisions of cossacks were disembarked on the shores near Berlin. From there they will proceed around a small lake, heading north-west towards the Egyptian-controlled city of Munich.

On the high seas, Russian ironclads patrol for Egyptian ships. No others are found this year.

Impressed with the ability of the Railroad to move troops around very fast, Jumping Choya orders all idle workers, paid and enslaved, to begin contstructing a railroad from Eta to Novgorod. With the way cleared by Russian Cossacks, Egyptian slaves are herded from Byblos to Novgorod.

Heavily damaged, the Egyptian frigate at Byblos pulls out.

Turn #2>1838>Upcoming Battles
Eta produced an ironclad, while Kiev built a courthouse. Seeing that the people in Kiev were poorly educated, J.C. directed them to build a library next. At Mu, the influence of its people grew, thus expanding Russia's borders.

Russian ironclads chug about the seas, wreaking minor havoc; an ironclad kills citizens at Avaris while another destroys the sacred temple at Alexandria.

The four cossack divisions near Berlin are prepared to move. They proceed on their designated course and find that an Egyptian cavalry division is preparing to attack the spearmen defending the German capitol. Worried that the division may change plans and pursue the Russian soldiers, the commander in charge of the invasion force attacks the cavalry with tremendous success. A collection of sighs or relief is heard from the spear-wielding defenders of Berlin.

Russian commanders, under orders directly from the king, prepared to check into attacking Alexandria. Two rifle, two cossack, and four cannon divisions left the city and began their march towards Alexandria.

Near Avaris, an Egyptian frigate came out of nowhere and nearly destroyed the patrolling ironclad. Victory was barely achieved by the iron ship.

Turn #3>1840>Nothing Titleworthy
Delta trained a division of Cossacks, as did Excelsior. Both are told to train more!

Russian scientists produced the first combustion engine, making it possible to construct ships even larger and more powerful than the current Xsck Class Ironclads using the previous discoveries of oil and steel! "I shall call them Destroyers!" the king declares, and sends out orders that all cities building ironclads should pound the half-produced ships into the hulls of destroyers. He spits when he finds out that hammers are not strong enough to modify the fully-constructed ironclads into the new destroyers, and that pouring oil in the coal boilers will not work either. The scientific community took a break, but social philosophers were busy, spreading the ideas of a new government system called Communism.

The heavily damaged ironclad near Avaris retreats to the safety of Smolensk for repairs. A cossack division departs from Novgorod to investigate what Egyptian forces have garrisioned the northern city of Pithom. "They seem to be carrying spears!" is the report that comes back. Meanwhile, the four cossack divisions were nearing Munich.

A cossack division was transferred from New Excelsior to Moscow, while a division of cossacks was transferred from Delta to Gamma.

In order to keep the from rioting, a temple was rushed at Byblos.

Turn #4>1842>Calm Before the Storm
Tblisi produced a barracks, and was instructed to train some rifleman. Kraysnoyarsk trained cossacks and continued to do so.

Ironclad bombardment of Alexandria continued, with thousands of citizens being killed in the night. The approaching attack force was joined by three more cossack divisions.

The Egyptian city of Asyut, slightly to the north and east of Pithom, was better defended than its neighbor. At least one rifleman division was stationed there, and it was decided that attacking that city wouldn't be worth the trouble. Plans for Pithom proceeded.

The alliance with England expired, and they wasted no time in making peace with the Egyptian forces. Rome and Germany continued the fight.

Disaster struck the eastern invasion group. Cavalry from Nuremberg swooped in and slew one cossack division and inflicted heavy casualties on another, losing one division of cavalry themselves. Riflemen are seen leaving Alexandria. An ironclad and a frigate battle near Mu, with the ironclad emerging victorious.

Turn #5>1844>The Year of Two Cities
Alpha, Beta, Lurkburg, Vovanville, and Vladivostock each trained cossack divisions, and continued to do so. A Cathedral was constructed in Smolensk, who then began the training of a rifleman division. Minsk built a marketplace to distribute goods more efficiently, and began construction of a university.

At sea, an ironclad blasted holes through an Egyptian caravel near Sastrakhan, and the ship sunk an hour after the encounter.

Land, however, was home to the most important battles of the year. The ill-fortuned sea invasion managed to kill a rifleman division at Nuremberg, but the outlook for the remaining divisions is not good.

In the Battle of Pithom, a cossack division triumphed over the defending spearmen, capturing the city! Victorious, the soldiers lit a fire in the town square to keep warm in the cold tundra climate. Unfortunately, it quickly got out of hand when some drunken soldiers lit entire buildings on fire, and the cossacks fled the city as it burned to the ground. "Oh well, who cares?" commented the king.

Meanwhile, the cannon bombardment of Alexandria commenced, and shortly after it ceased, five cossack divisions attacked the four defending rifle divisions, with the heroics of one division promoting them to Veteran rank. By the day's end, the city was Russian. Troops immediately went about quelling the resistors.

Egyptian morale was at a low, and frigate attacks on ironclads near Alexandria and Astrakhan were both thwarted.

Turn #6>1946
Excelsior trained a cossack division, as did Gamma and St. Lurking. Svedlovsk built a library and began construction on barracks.

On the war front, resistance in Alexandria ends, but the people continue to demonstrate in the streets until lured inside by appealing entertainers. Egyptian cavalry had stationed themselves on the nearby Alexandria Hill, until a cossack division heroically charged up and destroyed, taking heavy casualties in the process. Three cossacks divisions from Byblos were moved down to Alexandria to battle two Egyptian rifle divisions that had moved outside the city. They were succesful.

Four cossacks from the western continent were unloaded near New Lurksburg, and were instructed to proceed to the front.

In the east, the disastrous invasion group was attacked by a division of riflemen, being forced to retreat.

Turn #7>1848>Near Disasters
Epsilon completed training a cossack division and began building one of the newfangled Lurk-Excel Class Destroyers. A temple was hurried at Alexandria in order to subdue the rioters there.

The damaged ironclad at Mu was repaired and set to the sea again, in search of the elusive (or perhaps shattered?) Egyptian navy.

An envoy sent to England finds, shockingly, that the English have become annoyed with us! Jumping Choya uses his diplomatic skills and offers Russia's fine wines. At a price, of course. The English world map and 50 gold bars are sent back with the envoy, with promises of 16 gold bars per turn in each of the proceeding years. The wine warmed Elizabeth's heart, as she is once again polite to the mighty Russian empire.

The last division of the sea invasion cossacks died in a vain attack on a rifleman division. Three cossack divisions move near Asyut to take the city. One division is killed in a battle so close that the commander was kept his soldiers fighting until their deaths. Three more cossack divisions are unloaded near New Lurksburg to move to the front.

In Egyptian attacks, a musketman division at Byblos is killed by cavalry. Jumping Choya curses at himself for neglected to fit them with rifles! Even more concerning, however, was the appearance of an Egyptian Leader from the battle! An archer came out of Asyut and forced the retreat of a cossack division.

Turn #8>1850
The rushed temple at Alexandria is completed; residents of the city eye the unstable structure cautiously but enter anyway. Mosfrog and St. Petersburg both trained cossacks and both began the construction of barracks.

Cossacks galloped into battle near Byblos, destroying the cavalry division defending the Great Leader. He was shot multiple times when found hiding behind some rocks after the battle. Russian commanders breath a sigh of relief. Cossacks also destroyed the other cavalry division next to Byblos. No significant losses in either battle.

A cossack division counter-attacks the archer near Asyut, and it is decided again that Asyut will be ignored for a while. Five cossack divisions arrive in Novgorod, getting orders to proceed to Byblos. A rifle division was hurried in Byblos to replace the musketmen.

Turn #9>1852

History from this year is sketchy, as Jumping Choya spilled a cup of coffee on the historian's books (Basically, I somehow forgot to write down in my notes what happened this year, but in a nutshell, I moved troops towards Heliopolis for an attack, I believe that some cavalry attacked Alexandria and destroyed a rifleman so I rush built another one, Byblos got another rifleman, and I had a city start building a destroyer and some other one a university. Nothing critical, though.)

Turn #10>1854>The Revolution
Russian philosophers finally approach Jumping Choya with their theories of Communism. Fascinated by this proposed government, King Jumping Choya gave an emotionally stirring, inspiring speech in the center of Eta:

"Peasants of Russia! Oppressed workers! The unjust rule has continued long enough! It is time to put an end to the nobles, vassals, and kings! It is time to rise up and eliminate the unfair class system! We shall all be equals one day, but only if we rise up and eliminate the powers that be!"

Defeaning appluase brought a smile to King Jumping Choya's face as he strode from the stand, until he was horrified to realize that HE was one of the "powers that be" that he had instructed the people to kill! He fled from the forming mob, and began cowering in the palace wine cellar. Within weeks, Russia was in anarchy.

The military continued to function, however, and cossacks once again began attacking Egyptian cavalry that were sitting ducks near Alexandria. One division of cavalry was destroyed in the fields, and one cossack division became elite in another charge up Alexandria Hill. Meanwhile, a full seven cossack divisions began heading towards Nuremburg, destroying a stray War Chariot on the way.

The railroad to Novgorod was proceeding slowly through the New Heidelburg Mountains. Troop movement to the front remains rather slow.

Two Egyptian rifleman divisions moved atop Alexandria Hills, and no further Egyptian movement occured.

Turn #11>1856>Disorder and Victory
Alexandria and Byblos both took the anarchy as an opportunity to riot, but both cities began to starve when the struggling governors hired workers out of the field to entertain the people.

Four cannon divisions and two ironclads bombarded Heliopolis. One cossack was killed assaulting the city, but the other three were able to defeat three rifle divisions. A brave Russian Rifle division stepped forward and defeated the last Egyptian rifle division! Heliopolis had been captured, along with the Great Lighthouse, and troops began to quell the resistance.

Meanwhile, five cossack divisions attacked Nuremburg, taking the city from the Egyptians, and burnt it to the ground as it had no strategic imporance. The city's population was enslaved.

A picture of the Egyptian Front:

The riflemen on Alexandria Hill attacked the city, but were defeated. An Egyptian cavalry division attacked and destroyed a cossack division. Two cavalry divisions moved onto Alexandria Hill. The rifle division that captured Heliopolis was destroyed in a cavalry attack. The remaining cossacks swear revenge.

Turn #12>1858
Two cossack divisions destroy the cavalry on Alexandria Hill, while another defeats the cavalry that had camped in the plains nearby. The cavalry that had attacked Heliopolis were destroyed by a cossack division, which was promoted to Veteran after the attack.

Once again Egyptian cavalry would attack Heliopolis, but this time their charge into cannon and rifle fire was unsuccesful. They retreated and camped outside the city. Cavalry also attacked cossacks at Alexandria, but their attack was unsuccesful.

In a disturbing turn of events, two Egyptian frigates and two caravels are spotted near Mu! How did they sneak by our ironclads? Military advisors suspect they came from the island between the Russian and Egyptian territories.

Turn #13>1860
An ironclad sent a caravel to the bottom of the sea near Lisht, but there was no way the Russian ironclads could catch up to the sneaky Egyptian ships. The best they can hope for is to destroy them on their way back.

The cavalry outside Alexandria and Heliopolis were both killed by cossack divisions. The cossacks that defeated the Egyptians near Heliopolis brought back frightening reports: the Egyptians had an army in the hills outside of Thebes!

Rome and Egypt made peace. Now it was just Russia and Germany, with the latter being so insignificant that they hardly justify mentioning. To their credit, though, they seemed to be keeping the Egyptians at bay.

Two cavalry divisions attack cossacks that were camped in the mountains outside of Thebes. Both cavalry divisions loose against the cossacks.

Turn #14>1862
The two cossack divisions leave the mountains and destroy a road leading to furs, and attack an Egyptian fur colony.

It is determined that the Egyptian ships are heading towards New Heidleburg. Cossacks are ready to pounce on whatever comes out of the ships. The railroad up to there is ready for use. On the front, cossacks are healing in between attacks.

An Egyptian frigate attacks an ironclad near Lisht, badly damaging it, but frigates once again lose to the superior ships.

A cossack division at the former fur colony is destroyed. The outlook for the remainin cossacks does not look good. Egyptian cavalry are rather heavy in the area.

Two Egyptian cavalry divisions and one horseman division disembark at New Heidleburg.

Turn #15>1864
A cossack division attacks the newly arrived Egyptians and gets destroyed. The next three divisions that are sent achieve victories. They await the arrival of the other caravel.

Cossacks near the fur colony, knowing that their time is limited, attack and defeat an Egyptian cavalry division nearby.

At Byblos, a cossack division is destroyed attacking a rifle division. The next cossacks sent get it, however. Six cossack divisions are moved to Giza to prepare for attack. It is likely that this will be the last assualt possible until production resumes once more. Two cossack divisions move north from Heliopolis to cover Alexandria while its defenders are out.

An English envoy arrives in the capitol and demands to know where King Jumping Choya is. Russian diplomats reply that he hasn't been seen for several years now, but they would take a message from them. The English say that the queen is annoyed because Russian forces were within their borders (it turns out it was an ironclad). The offending forces were moved out, and twenty gold bars were sent back with the English as an apology. England became cautious.

Disaster strikes the cossacks preparing to assault Giza! The Egyptian Army attacks, forcing one cossack division to retreat. Riflemen attacked the cossacks at the old fur colony, forcing a retreat there.

The other caravel unloads just one cavalry division near New Heidleburg.

Turn #16>1866
Two cossack divisions attack Giza and are forced to retreat, badly damaged. Two cossack divisions are able to destroy the Army at Giza. The last manages to kill a rifle division. All cosacks there are badly damaged. Two more divisions are sent to help them.

The recently unloaded cavalry was destroyed by cossacks without trouble. The caravel and frigate from the first group, however, prove troublesome. An ironclad is sunk when it attacks the caravel, and another ironclad is sunk attacking the frigate! The only other ironclad in the area is in port at Alexandria for repairs.

Finally, both remaing cossack divisions near the fur colony are destroyed. A cavalry division attacks at Heliopolis, and is defeated by the defending cannons and cossacks.

Last edited by Jumping Choya; December 26, 2001 at 10:43.
Old December 24, 2001, 01:29   #120
Jumping Choya
Chieftain

...continued
Turn #17>1868>A New Government
Jumping Choya emerges from the wine cellar, having drank the palace's entire supply of red wines! He declares himself the Chairman of the Politburo, and also declares himself the President of the Russian Communism!

"People! Your plight has ended! Our war against Egypt shall proceed better than ever before! We will bury them! All their base are belong to us!" he screams to the excited Russians. It is apparant that he is still hungover. Members of the Politburo escort him inside and put him in bed.

Scientific work on the concept of electricity is finally able to begin, being put on the unlit back burner during the anarchy.

On the war front, cossacks destroy cavalry near Heliopolis and are promoted to Elite status. Three cossack divisions kill three rifle divisions at Giza. Their victories would be short lived, however, as a full five cavalry divisions swarm from the city and destroy five cossack divisions! Upon hearing this news, President Jumping Choya murmurs in his sleep, "hhh, combined arms next time..."

On a better note, an Egyptian cavalry attack at Heliopolis fails.

Turn #18>1870
A cossack division is finally trained in Delta. The industrial might of Russia has once again come online.

Cossacks strike cavalry near Heliopolis and are victorious.

The rail line from the capitol to Novgorod is completed! President J.C. names the route the Jumping Choya Railway, because he feels he deserves it. Work begins to extend it to Byblos.

A cossack division kills a cavalry division near Giza, and begins its ride home to Alexandria. The Invasion of Giza has been called off.

Turn #19>1872
Beta trains some cossacks, while Mosfrog builds barracks. Beta will build more cossacks while Mosfrog trains riflemen.

An ironclad finds one of the caravels near Heliopolis and succeeds in sinking it. The frigate escorting it would attack the ironclad, but to no avail.

At Heliopolis, a rifle division was killed during an Egyptian cavalry assualt.

Turn #20>1874
The first Lurk-Excel Class Destroyer is produced in Eta. President Jumping Choya breaks a bottle of wine on the hull, christening it the I.R.S. Jumping Choya.

Three cossack divisions battle in the Byblos Forests, destroying the three cavalry divisions hiding there.

Startled Politburo members, on the way to tell the president of the victory, open the bathroom door in his third-story room and find the body of Jumping Choya on the floor, with a half-eaten bar of soap clutched in his hand. A closer look would reveal that the doorhandle on the inside had broken off, and there were fingerprint smudges on the window reading "Help! I'm trapped in the bathroom and I'm running out of food!" The coroner estimated that he had been there for several months.

Mourning the loss of their first communist president, the Politburo elects Chairman Lurking VIII to be the next Russian President!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip endturn20.zip (143.4 KB, 4 views)