Old November 27, 2001, 12:09   #1
Andris Jamin
Settler

Local Time: 17:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First post and combat...
Greets all! Been enjoying this board and the game quite a bit. I've been reading (and experiencing) the problems with combat and corruption like everybody else. I also have two potential solutions that I haven't seen mentioned, although I may have missed a post with it.

1. COMBAT
It irks me too to have a pikeman stop a tank column. I agree with many when I think that there should be no bloody way for that to happen. Same deal with galleons vs. battleships. My solution was to add 100 attack and defense to mechanised units and armored sea vessels. Primitive units have virtually no chance now, but a fight between armor is still fair.

2. CORRUPTION
I can't implement my own solution here, but Firaxis could (hint hint). As communications technology improves, so should management of corruption. Perhaps horseback riding or wheel, then radio, each causing a drop in corruption regardless of government?

Slam away...
Old November 27, 2001, 12:31   #2
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 11:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1. I haven't seen this. I have seen tanks damaged by ancient units but not killed but then I don't attack with a heavily damaged unit. I just finished a war with with tanks against infantry and with careful use of bombers and artillery I destroyed > 30 fortified infantry in cities for the loss of 2 tanks.

2. Yes you can. I added "helps corruption" to harbors, airports and police stations. My corruption is quite reasonable on regent with that addition. The idea is that ancient corruption will still be high, like it should, but as you get tech and buildings to improve communication and transportation for your cities it will improve.