Old April 18, 2000, 03:33   #61
Yuvo
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Exactly.
I think a score could be added for 'firsts', like you said, and maybe a score for how long a civ dominates the world. For example, in real life, China would get a very good score for this, because they have been a world power for many centuries. While maybe a civ like the Inca would get a low score, because for centuries they were a very small tribe before they began to dominate South America in the 15th century.

By the way, what do people think of the current civ colours? Do they need to be changed?
Old April 18, 2000, 18:00   #62
WarVoid
King

I think the current color scheme is good. But if you want more than seven civs. Which of course I would LOVE. Then some more colors would be needed. Some could be:
Black
Pink (maybe)
Brown
Sky Blue
I don't know of anymore that are different enough from the others to make them easily distinguishable???
Old April 18, 2000, 22:40   #63
MidKnight Lament
King

Local Time: 10:18
A few people have mentioned before that civs should have shields with a combination of two or three colours. That would allow for plenty of combinations.

- MKL
Old April 19, 2000, 03:01   #64
Yuvo
Chieftain

How about these: White, Yellow, Orange, Red, Dark Red, Purple, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Light Green, Dark Green, Brown, and Black.(12)

Yes, I agree, civs should have a combination of colours, but I think two would be enough, especially with 12 colours.
[This message has been edited by Yuvo (edited April 19, 2000).]
Old April 19, 2000, 08:28   #65
ivorgrubisic
Settler

I think they should include stripes and ESPECIALLY FLAGS. So then you wouldn't have too worry about not enough distinction of the colors. Flags should of course be customisable.
Old April 19, 2000, 16:00   #66
Andz83

Do you really think there have Civs to be replaced by other ones, only because of the relation/relativeness (don't know the known, the fact for "relative") ?

See, the French are descendants of the Franks, who were a GERMAN tribe. So the French have to be removed from the game, only because they're relatives of the Germans? Hmm, i think that will cause many misunderstandings and hostilities...

------------------
"The more I know, the more do I know that I don't know anything" - forgotten who said that...
"Within the peace, enemy attacks us..." - Kaiser Wilhelm II, August 1914
"Hell, yeah!" - James Hetfield, while singing "Master Of Puppets" on Metallica-S&M-concert in spring 1999 in San Francisco

Old April 19, 2000, 18:42   #67
WarVoid
King

I'm not saying replace civs because of their relations. Technically, Carthage was still ruled by Phoenicia when Hannibal attacked Rome. This is what I have read.
I like the evolving civ names idea.
Etruscans, Latins, Romans, Ostrogoths, Byzantines.
Egyptians, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Israelis (maybe), Lebanese.
Five for every civ.
Not a hard task.
Old April 20, 2000, 00:10   #68
Sir Shiva

quote:

And Patriqvium, congratulations.. Your idea for evolving civ names is excellent..
Civ names could change just as leaders/governments do...

For example, the chinese could become Song, Ming, Qing etc..
The germans could start out as goths and pregress thru Teutons, Prussians into germans..
Etruscs into Romans into Byzantines into Venetians or Pisans or whatever (randomised) and finally into Italians...

Sometimes, a civ name could revert to an older one. For example, Russia could become the Soviet Union if communists come to power, and become Russia again if democrats seize power..

And for civs coming with the game, these guys should be in it for sure:-

Phoenicians (evolve into Carthaginians)
Polynesians
Hittites
Hebrews (evolve into Israelis?)
Siamese/Burmans/Vietnamese/Indonesians?
Goths (evolve into germans)

Can't think of anymore right now..

Another idea:- Certain 'colonies' could become independent civs..
For example, a British colony could become the Americans or Australians or Canadians (to keep you Aussies and Canadians happy), a Viking colony into Iceland, an Indian colony into Cambodia/Siam/Burma, a Phoenecian colony into Carthaginians etc. etc. etc.

The possibilities are endless.. Firaxis is gonna have a tough time..

------------------
-Shiva
Email: shiva@mailops.com
Web: http://www.crosswinds.net/india/~shiva

Old April 20, 2000, 06:03   #69
ivorgrubisic
Settler

Who would Americans evolve from?

If you want exact history, go to the library. Civ3 is supposed to be a simulation of the history (it has to be that way if you're going to go through 5000 yrs in 2 weeks), not its copy!!

Don't make this (potentially) great game too complicated and hard to follow. The fact is that if our desires about the number of civs are implemented you won't meet the great majority of them for a half of the game (as it should be!!). But by then most civs would change their names 2 or 3 times!

Don't like the idea, sorry.