Old November 28, 2001, 10:44   #1
Uffty
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ABOUT THE GAME ....in my opinion
Hello folks and players.

After I bought it, I installed it....took a while!

Then I thought I'd rather be blind....the game looks nice and the interface is cool...BUT

it is god damn ****ing slow...and everybody knows that 95% of the people doesnt have hightech machines to run a game!

Secondly...the game is not new at all...its absolutely the same...just new interface new graphics, here and there some new units....

and you bigheads spend soooo long on that and brought that?

I think its kinda cheating....Bill Gates would have been sued for that.

And also...why can I not set starting locations for Civs in the editor....so poor

The game is bad in the view that you have spent 3 years on that....thank you very much....

Uffty
Old November 28, 2001, 13:09   #2
Deathray
Warlord

Local Time: 17:38
The editor isn't finished. It will hopefully be finished in the patch.

The culture thing is new. The resources thing is new. A load of new features have been added to the diplomacy. Adds a whole new level of depth (or two) to the gameplay.

The game is quite slow. Would you prefer a faster game with poor AI though? Besides, its not *THAT* slow. I have yet to have the AI turns actually go over a minute. Also, its a turn based game. They're supposed to be slow.
Old November 28, 2001, 13:22   #3
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:38
Thanks for your view of the game. Coulnd't you have made these points in the existing threads? Or if you have some issue, start a thread on the new issue?

We don't need a new thread from every person who gets the game on "what his view of the game" is. If that's what you want, there is a "first impressions thread" topped on this page.

Not a flame...
Old November 28, 2001, 15:20   #4
RickBlaine
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:38
Why do some some people have to post over and over (and over and over) that every post that they consider redundant be moved to some other appropriate thread? Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think registration on this board advises posters that they must search every thread and find an appropriate one (appropriate to the thread police, that is) for their comments before posting them. Not a flame, of course.
Old November 28, 2001, 15:41   #5
taco
Settler

Local Time: 17:38
Generally when someone starts a new topic to say something thats just wrong(more of the same), and shows that the person obviously hasn't played the game for 10 minutes, people don't want to see a new topic with that info in it.

if your going to start a new topic, try to have something worthwhile saying. everything he said is wrong, or has been addressed 184598726732 times before. no one wants to read a thoughtless, worthless rant.