Old November 30, 2001, 12:12   #1
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 19:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"I hate civ" therapy for everyone, especially first time posters
Dear All,
A while ago I started a "Collated Whining Thread" and it was shot down in flames. Some people accused me of trolling (who, me? ) but it is rather obvious that the lack of such collated thread resulted in massive overload of the boards with new topics.

Whoever feels a scratch or urgent need to join Polly and posts for a first time does not post in any of the existing posts. Instead, we have roughly 20 posts per day on 'My impressions on why Civ sucks/rocks' and another 15 on the bugs spotted (presumably those people are not alchocolics and see bugs only and not the other vermin....)

I really think Mark should create something of a 'I need to say this or die' thread and top it, or something like 'whining' and 'praising' threads. also a 'why combat sucks' thread could be a real hit, with all the charts, calculations and crocodile tears over some tank divisions that were killed by a settler.

some people will accuse me of trolling. actually the reason for this is rather practical - it is very hard to browse the boards, topics three days old are on 10th page and not all of us have cable connections. so please show some mercy since the mods cannot keep up with threads REX.

cheers
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 30, 2001, 12:19   #2
rid102
Warlord

Local Time: 17:45
But then we'd just end up with a "whining about the whiners" threads being spawn all over the place!
Old November 30, 2001, 12:21   #3
LaRusso
King

no, it should be collated too....
1) whining thread
2) praising thread
3) whining about whiners
4) whining about 'mindless consumers'

although no.1 and no 2. would make the later two useless
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 30, 2001, 12:25   #4
xane
Chieftain

dont forget

5) threads with lists in them that people constantly add to
Old November 30, 2001, 12:29   #5
Bubba_B
Warlord

Local Time: 12:45
mmmm......Therapy
Why do people who unistalled the game keep posting here?!?! This is a Civ 3 forum right?!?! If you don't play the game go to the forum of the game you do play!!! I don't mind constructive criticism, but crying from people who don't like the game or play it?!?! What the hell is that all about.

Abraham Lincoln said:
“You can please some of the people some of the time but you can not please all of the people all of the time.”

If you bought it and didn't like it P.T. Barnum said:
“A sucker is born every minute” (I qualify because I paid $10 for the LE cookie tin)

my 2 cents

mmmm......Therapy feels good
Old November 30, 2001, 12:32   #6
rid102
Warlord

6) Threads with lists in where people also whine as well.

7) Whining about the whiners who whine about whining threads.

8) Whining about the fact all the whiners must post in a single thread.

9) Praising the whining thread.

10) Whining at the praising thread

Let's just have a new section on Apolyton:

Civilization III -> Civ3-Whining&Praise Battleground

But would this mean we'd never see LaRusso over at Civ3-General again?
Old November 30, 2001, 12:36   #7
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by rid102
Let's just have a new section on Apolyton:

Civilization III -> Civ3-Whining&Praise Battleground

But would this mean we'd never see LaRusso over at Civ3-General again?

good idea
no, i'd still come to flame about infogrames and nancy bushkin
Old November 30, 2001, 14:14   #8
Kaak
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:45
No, collating and streamlining sucks. I don't want to have to read through 8 pages of BS before I can thoughtfully reply and respond to opposing views and arguements. I remember the good old days when topics over 5 pages were closed and new ones started

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."