Old November 30, 2001, 15:04   #1
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 20:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Enough with me, I boycott it
I believe most experienced civers should so so. I stop posting here and doing anything here, until I see some improvements to the Civ3-General forum. Almost each thread is a whine thread, and the final drop was this one: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=36208 . It's all just about newbies hating the game. If you hate the game, uninstall it, and move on to Europa Universalis/Age of Empires/Sim City/whatever forums, but keep your whines out of the Civ3 forums.
Or should Markos create a Civ3-Whines forum, maybe?
Damn, I really got something better to do now. To be specific, I'd better play Civ 3 while the newbies whine, it's the best thing I can do now.
Having said this, I am now to the read-only mode.

So go play Civ 3 and boycott the forum! Apolyton forums are now really getting into some kind of a hell, though this was an excellent place just a couple of weeks ago.

If you whine about graphics, bad. If you whine about crashes, you have an unstable system. I am yet to experience a single crash. If you whine about slow turns, it's your system. I'm on a what many people in rich countries would call a lower-end PC, and the game runs extremely fine by me, just slowing down very rarely, and for very small amounts of time.

If you whine about lack of multiplayer, then what you want is a multiplayer game, which Civ will never be, and can never be.

If you whine about the broken combat system, you just do always want to win just because you have better units. You accept no random factors.

No, this isn't a whine about whiners thread. This is a 'I boycott these forums!' thread.

Really, I want to see this situation on Apolyton resolved, as this is completely stupid! Despite all the traffic we're getting now, I think Apolyton is living through its worst time now, at least for the last 14 months I've been watching it.
Old November 30, 2001, 15:12   #2
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 12:45
Quote:
No, this isn't a whine about whiners thread.
is too.

yeesh, i swear, the people complaining about the people complaining are just as bad as the people complaining.

Um, do you suppose any of them will really care if you leave?
Old November 30, 2001, 15:17   #3
eRAZOR
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:45
*sniff*
Old November 30, 2001, 15:18   #4
Trifna
King

Local Time: 01:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm so bored of reading posts that all say the same thing that I do not read when it starts by "this", "this" or "this. I just read verticaly. Why? Well statistically, their not worth my time. But at least this post has a CONCERN. It says something.

I didn't read it since it is statistically not rentabilized, but I'll say this: I'm already boycotting. In fact, I'll wait to know some friend that'll make me play. It'll be the 1st time I'll play. After that, they better make a substancial change in their patch or they can forget me.
Old November 30, 2001, 15:21   #5
Trifna
King

Local Time: 01:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Oh... I just saw the word forum. Did he say that he boycotted the forums? Oh well, I'm stil not out of subject since I'm boycotting 95% of it. Just blah blah blah

Quite a waste for a game that is such complicated and can be discussed alot WITH ARGUMENTS (I'm including here not repeating 60 times the same arguments).
Old November 30, 2001, 15:23   #6
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Re: Enough with me, I boycott it
Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Really, I want to see this situation on Apolyton resolved, as this is completely stupid! Despite all the traffic we're getting now, I think Apolyton is living through its worst time now, at least for the last 14 months I've been watching it.
Don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave...

Here is a hint... if you don't like threads about "how somebody hates the game".. don't read them. Spend your time on the CivIII strategy forum instead... There is a lot of good stuff there.

While you are welcome to your opinion about this being the "worst" time... in my opinion, your opinion is ignorant

We do play games and post on forums for fun and entertainment.
You seem to be just a "tad" too serious about all of this
Old November 30, 2001, 16:55   #7
wotan321
Warlord

Quote:
Despite all the traffic we're getting now, I think Apolyton is living through its worst time now, at least for the last 14 months I've been watching it.
IMO, the months leading up to the release of the game were just as bad if not worse, with constant griping about waiting, how many civs would be included, etc.

I guess the folks without any gripes are too busy playing to be writing, and the folks too disgusted to play are...writing abou their unhappiness.

...but your point about the whining being overwhelming is a good one. Its the same old stuff... I just hope the volume of it hits a nerve and inspires those responsible for this game to fix it.
Old November 30, 2001, 16:56   #8
WhiteElephants
King

Quote:

If you whine about lack of multiplayer, then what you want is a multiplayer game, which Civ will never be, and can never be.
That's funny because Civ2 and SMAC (not to mention CtP) all had multiplayer, and if memory serves me correctly you were the one rallying for a SMAC multiplayer ladder that you had already set up in the CtP forums, not to mention the fact that the game has multiplayer coding in it and up until the last couple weeks in was intended to come with the game. I believe it also states on the box that the game can be played multiplayer.

Considering the evidence before you/us I think it's a legitamate beef.

Where's the beef?!
Old November 30, 2001, 17:25   #9
Simple Girl
Settler

Solver,
I believe Civ3-General forum by its meaning is a place where everyone can post whatever he thinks is right, including frustrated newbies who mostly need some help. Civ3-General forum is obviously not only for you, indeed if you dont like it there are other boards, so some patience would be nice
Old November 30, 2001, 17:28   #10
TheHobbit
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Kc7mxo

is too.

yeesh, i swear, the people complaining about the people complaining are just as bad as the people complaining.

Um, do you suppose any of them will really care if you leave?
You sir are a jerk, your worse than the tin man without a heart!
Old November 30, 2001, 17:30   #11
Special_Olympic
Chieftain

Quote:

Having said this, I am now to the read-only mode.
Fine with me, I don't care if you post or not.
Old November 30, 2001, 18:22   #12
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 10:45
Zieg Hail! We must do as the Furher...ahh... Solver tells us.

On a serious note ranting about rants is pointless. If you don't like a proticular thread then may I suggest you not read it? Just my two cents...
Old November 30, 2001, 18:25   #13
dennis580
Warlord

Local Time: 11:45
Yin26 is not a deity and he thinks the game is boring and rehashed peice of garbage. Something I happen to totally agree with it. It's time to stick a fork in the series. It would be a waste of time to make a Civ 4.

Well anyway I am waiting for the second patch for Europa Universalis II to be released. It seems EU2 was rushed out the door too, but unlike Civ3 which is a peice of garbage and always will be a peice of garbage; EU2 has absouloutely huge potential; especially for me since I didn't play the first EU.
Old November 30, 2001, 19:04   #14
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 09:45
Quote:
Or should Markos create a Civ3-Whines forum, maybe?
good idea. And maybe host it on some free server, so all the people with gripes don't reduce the apolyton server to such a crawl

Quote:
Originally posted by wotan321
I guess the folks without any gripes are too busy playing to be writing, and the folks too disgusted to play are...writing abou their unhappiness.
Maybe apolyton should trade some extra resources with civfanatics? I heard they have some fine incense available. Might do the trick