Old November 30, 2001, 16:28   #1
atog
Settler

Local Time: 17:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Best Wonder (great or small)
Not sure if this topic arised in any old post or not. Coz' there is too much to browse thru them all. but anyway, here i go.

The only must-build is Sistine Chapel. The bonus is way too important (double effect of cathedral) and it doesn't obsolete.

I always play R civ. so cathedral is only 80 shield and i build them even in cities that wont grow beyond 12. Save me a lot of trouble with having disorder! not to mention i can even have WLTKD during war while using Democrazy as my gov.

I haven't tried the 2 hardest level yet (i hate to lose ) But racing wonder with computer after the 2nd age is easy. I usually build everything in the last 2 age without a sweat (worrying that computer might build it 2 turns b4 i complete my wonder, especially when i have nothing to switch to!). (xcept that i dont build Mahattan Project and United Nation)

Needless to say, the Fobbiden Palace is way in the lead in small wonders. Or am i wrong?
Old November 30, 2001, 16:55   #2
quinalla
Apolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 12:46
Yeah, I always try to build the Sistine Chapel too, it is a big help. I like to build the one that gives you free upkeep for the marketplace, banks, etc, I think it is Smith's Trading Company. Though, I always try to build any wonder I can and if I have to choose, I let my high production city build the one I really want.

-quinalla
Old November 30, 2001, 17:35   #3
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:46
early pyramids and forbidden palace will help your civ culture wise and make corruption less and help with the despot rush especially if you food is bad...if its good even better
Old November 30, 2001, 17:48   #4
greggbert
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:46
Colossus is my favorite, because it brings in big time bucks in the early game and really helps with research, and its culture rocks, and it looks cool.