Old February 28, 2002, 20:38   #91
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 11:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
and I received it from viratio today and passed it on to SITS

-- year 2147

interesting map so far
Old March 4, 2002, 07:12   #92
dinoarms
Warlord

Local Time: 12:47
All: Where's the turn at?
Old March 4, 2002, 09:22   #93
Qantaga
King

dinoarms, funny you should ask because the turn is with you now (sent just a few moments ago).
Old March 5, 2002, 21:09   #94
SITS
King

Local Time: 17:47
and I sent the turn on 03/03 but couldn't access this board...
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old March 5, 2002, 22:11   #95
dinoarms
Warlord

2147 to Viriato
Old March 8, 2002, 20:00   #96
Viriato
Prince

2148 to Flubber.
Old March 8, 2002, 22:02   #97
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

2148 to SITS
Old March 13, 2002, 14:59   #98
dinoarms
Warlord

As far as I can see the turn still lies with SITS and has for five days. However digging further I am guessing that Coldark has it.

SITS et al: We need turn sent posts. Many times players have posted a turn sent but not sent the turn. These and other errors can cost a lot of time. Unless you guys want to be playing this game in 2004 I think we should do our best to keep each other informed.

The Impatient Fundamentalist
Old March 13, 2002, 15:34   #99
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 13:47
I have not received the next turn from Coldark. However, I am in another game with SITS (Clone Wars), and in this game the turn has been with SITS for 6 days now. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Old March 13, 2002, 18:54   #100
Flubber
Deity

I'm assuming SITS just had a busy time as he just turned the turn in our "1812" game after a few days delay. So I believe SITS is around again

On the topic of delay, I will be out of town for 10 days ( its my honeymoon ( married back in OCT) starting on March 20 -- I think I will try to find a substitute for this game to play the couple of turns that may show up while I am away
Old March 14, 2002, 20:32   #101
Flubber
Deity

To those of you who are not on my email list , I will be away for the period from March 20-30 having a delayed honeymoon (hitched back in Oct.)

Since I do not wish to hang up a 7 player game, I have asked northswordsman to act as a replacement in my absence. I will post his email address here on Tuesday just prior to my departure as a reminder.
Old March 14, 2002, 20:39   #102
dinoarms
Warlord

Flubber

Couls you email and PM SITS letting him know that it has been six days since he was sent a turn?

Dinoarms

Last edited by dinoarms; March 14, 2002 at 21:39.
Old March 15, 2002, 17:08   #103
dinoarms
Warlord

The following has been posted to SITS

"It's been seven days SITS. You have posted to other forums in the meantime. Flubber has been asked to resend to you. In a couple of days we will post for a replacement if there are no objections."

Flubber: I have already PM'd and emailed SITS. You must resend the turn to him.

Qantaga, Viriato and All: It is very important that we keep pace. If you are unable to post your turn within 48 hours of receiving it you must leave notice. This game has been moving very slowly since christmass. I am growing weary of being the one who has to do the follow-up work.
Old March 15, 2002, 20:48   #104
Flubber
Deity

It may not be SITS as my 1812 game has been with Coldark for 3 days now but I just sent it to SITS again .

and Dinoarms-- I know how annoying it can be to have to track down where the turn is and always try to remember to post here.
Old March 15, 2002, 21:05   #105
dinoarms
Warlord

I will PM/email Coldark as well then
Old March 16, 2002, 00:45   #106
dinoarms
Warlord

The following was posted to Coldark

"Coldark

The game has halted for seven days now. We do not know whether it is you or SITS
who is not playing. We will seek a replacement player if we have not heard from whoever
the turn is with.
Please post to the thread and let us know what you know.

Dinoarms"
Old March 16, 2002, 02:20   #107
SITS
King

Turn 2148 to ColDark

I just received the resend as I didn't get the original. Plus I also got the rude email. If I'm posting on other games and on the boards and I'm doing my turns then it seems to me it is obvious that I haven't received the turn. So a friendly email checking it out would be more suitable.

There are only 2 games I struggle to do at the moment as they are in their late stages and require a lot of time. Otherwise I tend to get the smaller games out at a reasonable rate. If this rate makes people unhappy then I'll play the game until you get a replacement. Let me know.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old March 16, 2002, 04:06   #108
Flubber
Deity

I agree that a friendly inquiry is the better approach but i also think that it is incumbent on each of us to check this board occasionally if the turn does not come around after 3-4 days. i realize with 7 players the turn rate can be slow sometimes but i think everyone should be able to check this board about twice a week

Folks lets get this going so I can get the turn and give instructions to my replacement for when i am honeymooning
Old March 16, 2002, 06:41   #109
dinoarms
Warlord

SITS

I just reread the email I sent tp you. Here it is for all to read:

"It's been seven days SITS. You have posted to other forums in the meantime. Flubber has been asked to resend to you. In a couple of days we will post for a replacement if there are no objections. "

the letter's brevity does come off as rude. I'm sorry man. I didn't mean it to. I'd been putting off sending these follow ups for a few days and just before I emailed you a few unpleasant events in my personal life had me on edge. These came out in my email to you. You have been turning diligently since you joined almost at the beginning and I am sorry for insulting you.

ALL: This is not the first time there has been an error in the transmission of a turn that has resulted in a long delay. I find it unpleasant to harp on someone after the 48 hour period has passed. Especially when they have been playing at a good pace for sometime. Occassionally I post a turn sent and forget to actually send it.

Flubber has a point about checking the thread a couple of times a week. However some people may have time and access cost/problems that make this difficult. Also I have done the bulk of following up in this game and sometimes it gets me down.

I suggest that whoever first sees a lapse longer than 48 hours immediately post the sender requesting that they email/PM and resend the turn to the reciever right away. Sometimes we all need longer than 48 hours to play and send off our turns. But clearing it up as a minor delay right away is better than hanging in the uncertainty that we have lost another player.

Dinoarms

Again sorry SITS, I had no ill will.

Last edited by dinoarms; March 16, 2002 at 06:54.
Old March 16, 2002, 11:12   #110
SITS
King

Thanks for your reply Dinoarms, it is greatly appreciated. And my response was a bit sharp as I had just got in from working nights. Sorry to put that on you.

It isn't always possible to check the boards as I'm currently playing 10 active games at the moment so it is hard to notice when a game hasn't turned up for awhile. So I agree with Dinoarms if anybody notices a gap then just get the turn sent again. And I suggest Dinoarms don't put off sending an follow up - I normally just send the turn again with a brief note saying 'Just in case it didn't get there to you the first time.'

Thanks all.

Old March 16, 2002, 12:46   #111
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

on to Qantaga

-=Vel=-
Old March 17, 2002, 15:29   #112
Qantaga
King

2148 on to dinoarms.
Old March 18, 2002, 06:01   #113
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Whoops. Just read the board for the first time in ages (sorry) - I really don't bother reading the boards usually, I don't feel that I have enough time. I see that there's been some banter about delayed turns, which now seems to have got resolved. Anyway, for everyone's info, it's always better to get me with a direct email (both addresses). I will however try to look at the boards more frequently, then I could have come back earlier and said... It's not me!

I must say that I usually get the turn off the same day that it arrives, and very, very rarely take longer than that - and even then I usually inform the thread ahead of time if I know that turns will be awkward.

Anyway, glad things are moving again.

Cheers

ColDark

BTW Dinoarms, I also just found your PM this morning - hence why I didn't get back to you.

Terry Pratchett

Last edited by ColDark; March 18, 2002 at 06:07.
Old March 18, 2002, 09:09   #114
dinoarms
Warlord

2148 to Viriato
Old March 18, 2002, 16:45   #115
Flubber
Deity

During my 10 day absence, I have asked Northswordsman to act as a replacement for me. His email is swordman@tc3net.com . I will play any turns received up until midnight Tuesday night. After that send the turn on to Northswordsman.

I will play any turns from march 31st onward.
Old March 18, 2002, 19:15   #116
dinoarms
Warlord

Flubber

Thanks for the arrangements. I will be sure and let North know that you are gifting me Industrial Automation
Old March 18, 2002, 20:16   #117
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by dinoarms
Flubber

Thanks for the arrangements. I will be sure and let North know that you are gifting me Industrial Automation

Old March 19, 2002, 08:58   #118
SITS
King

Turn 2149 to ColDark

Old March 19, 2002, 09:14   #119
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Turn 2149 passed to Darsnan

Terry Pratchett
Old March 19, 2002, 09:34   #120
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

on to Qantaga

-=Vel=-