La Fayette
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 18:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Smash
has anybody had a good look at Clash?
I had a good look at Clash a year ago (was in contact with Mark Everson)... but that was a year ago (nothing to compare with 2 weeks affairs ).
Old December 17, 2001, 09:28   #32
Simon Darkshade
Settler

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I, for one, have remained loyal to Miss Civ2, just as I never left her older sister until this year. I daresay it will take me a while to engage in any daliances with that shiny new sheila who came swanning in lately.

At least, that's what I keep telling Miss Civ2, but she is looking at the moment

- N.S. Khrushchev
Old December 22, 2001, 08:18   #33
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 17:50
Count me in guys!

I confess - I too have paid my dues at Brothel #3 - had my toes stamped upon by an AI that plays ICS better than I do while the rule set prevents me from playing a game with which I am comfortable --- this may sound paranoid, but as someone has remarked above its almost as if the designers spent their time here at Apolyton taking notes of the sort - Ah - that strategy works well - we'll put a stop to that.
The more I think about it the more paranoid I feel - the d*mned game seems deliberately conceived to frustrate my enjoyment
and some of the so-called 'eye candy'!!!
and the so-called 'ancient civilizations' (English on up!)
and - it beats me!

Civ 2 - I'm back dear heart - please let me return!
Old December 22, 2001, 13:36   #34
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 13:50
SG, just because the designers were out to get you doesn't mean you aren't paranoid. Both can be true. The perfectionist crowd must find the AI "gang up" process is aimed straight at them. I know you ICSers are getting buried especially at the higher levels.

"and it beats me." What a marvelous compliment to the designers?
You'll get drawn back; I know I have.

Happy Holidays, all.
Old December 23, 2001, 09:16   #35
Julius Brenzaida
King

Local Time: 17:50
Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
Hello to all of you, the old faithful. See my thread “Heroic Epic” in the general/help civ2 forum !
Old December 24, 2001, 07:09   #36
Plumbean
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:50
Long live Civ II
I have not given up on Civ II,Civ III has nice features but at this point I would rather play Civ II.Maybe we can keep Civ II going what about talk on making new scenarios for it.Nobody ever made a good scenario for

Vietnam
Moon
Crime or Mob boss vs Police
Alien take over of Earth
Dragonlance War AD&D
USSR spliting up and goes into civilwar
Astroid hitting earth
Just a few ideas Im working on ,I need help with graphics if any one knows where I can get help with graphics please let me know. Long live Civ II
Old December 27, 2001, 11:36   #37
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 11:50
I've had Civ3 for only 2 days now, and I like it. After only five hours playing, tho, it's hard to tell how long the enjoyment will continue. I've only reached around 500ad, and still have much of the basics to learn. Graphically, it is indeed Civ meets AoE. I like the new diplomacy, but miss my buxom spies! The same goes for trade and caravans. It's nice to just work deals on the table, but the infrastructure required before being able to trade is too much. [cry]Where are the camels?![/cry] My PC is slow, which doesn't help much, either. All told, it will be fun for at least the rest of winter.

If nothing else, it is a pleasant change in some ways. CivII has been rather boring for the last year - I know how to win, have tried various challenges, and even modifying all units and graphics only goes so far. Even so, it is a timeless classic to which I'm sure I'll always return.

Plumbean, check out Eyn's Mafia scenario - it alters the terrain to a city landscape, and has key buildings instead of cities. Screeching tires, police sirens, etc, give it a mobster feel. It's innovative, if nothing else.

SG[1], it sounds as tho you don't enjoy losing! Ha ha, if the AI buries you, it's time to devise a new strategy! Maybe you will have to [gasp]build improvements![/gasp].

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.