Old December 3, 2001, 22:54   #31
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 12:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Any units that you need, post a list and I'll be happy to help make some. This sounds like it could be a cool scenario. Keep it up CAl! (The scenario idea, not your attack on APEC)
Old December 4, 2001, 20:29   #32
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 01:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Case
That's one hell of a good site. I recomend that you read the entry on New Zealands 'Bob Semple' tank
(to quote: "it had a crew of 8 men. 8 men? I can understand 5, but 8? 5 were probably soldiers, 1 was a shop steward, another fended off the birds trying to roost, and the last took out the trash once a day and waved to the people.")
hey, the Kiwi's are beating us in the cricket, so I've got to find some area where I can still mock them
Grrrrr! Watch your tounge there Casey!
btw the 8th man also sheared the stray sheep accidentally picked up in transit

And honours fairly evenly shared in the cricket I would say. - Gilly saved your bacon!

On the 'Z' force question, Hitler was supposed to have authorized actual construction of several elements after the first couple of months of Barbarossa, on the assumption that the USSR would have gone under before the winter - diverting valuable resources into his blue water navy before they were needed and away from the front where they soon came to be greatly needed ...
Old December 5, 2001, 01:40   #33
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 03:52
Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon
And honours fairly evenly shared in the cricket I would say. - Gilly saved your bacon!
Yeah, that was a damn fine performance by the Kiwi Cricket team, and will hopefully shock the Aussies out of their complacency before the series against South Africa begins
Old December 5, 2001, 02:54   #34
Jimmywax
Prince

Local Time: 11:52
I was just wondering if Cal had given any thought to my 'Montana Militia' idea. It doesn't have to be Montana exactly, but can be most western states or a Rocky Mountain Militia. Anyways I made up three variations of militia on horse back, with two different shields. One shield is a Bison on a blue background and the other is a Bison skull on a red and yellow background. The latter is from my tribal seal; it also has feathers, arrows, and a bunch of other stuff. I didn't think that would work for a mostly white militia force.

I was thinking that if you did adopt the idea you should have it be mostly defensive, since we all know of the countless victories the Poles racked up against the Panzer's. If the were to be based mostly in the Mountains, have the Alpine flag to reflect mobility, and a better defense than attack. They would be the perfect guerilla force.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	new15.gif
Views:	137
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	7054  
Old December 5, 2001, 03:00   #35
Cal
Prince

Local Time: 17:52
Jimmywax:

The ancient civilization of amateur scen. designers gladly receives your gift. It's a great idea and I will include it.

Next week is finals week for me, so once that passes I'll be able to get a lot more work done over winter break.
Old December 5, 2001, 03:07   #36
Jimmywax
Prince

I will throw my hat in the ring along with Anzac's and Hobbes' in saying that any graphical help you may need just ask. I am very excited to see this scenario come to fruition. I believe that is because I never even thought of it, it is original, and I love alternate history. This is the most excited I have been about a scenario in a long time. Actually I thing it may be the most excited I have ever been about a scenario. (sorry Case)
Old December 5, 2001, 04:38   #37
Jimmywax
Prince

couldn't sleep
I couldn't sleep so I decided that the Eskimo militia ought to have an American rifle. I also made a German half track with an 88mm mounted in it. I can not seem to find the name though. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	new16.gif
Views:	131
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	7066  
Old December 5, 2001, 04:42   #38
Jimmywax
Prince

In case anyone was wondering
Here is a picture of my tribal seal. I am a fully enrolled member of the Gros' Ventre and Assiniboine tribes of Montana. The reservation is Fort Belknap in northern Montana. It is about sixty miles from the Canadian border.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	seal1_small.gif
Views:	129
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	7067  
Old December 5, 2001, 04:45   #39
Jimmywax
Prince

Sorry Cal, but I am bored and am not happy with the small seal.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	seal1.gif
Views:	131
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	7068  
Old December 5, 2001, 19:10   #40
Hobbes
Warlord

Local Time: 10:52
Jimmy! Who's da man? Who is it? ... that's right... it's you. nice units

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer
Old December 5, 2001, 20:00   #41
Hobbes
Warlord

Cal, can you give us a pic of the map, and also the starting point of the German invasion?

Old December 5, 2001, 20:44   #42
Cal
Prince

The map is no where near completion, all I've done is place cities. But here's the upper eastern corner of the USA and Canada, possibly where the invasion will take place? Who knows?
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	map.bmp
Views:	20
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	7116  
Old December 5, 2001, 22:49   #43
klesh
King

Local Time: 13:52
Here you go Cal. This one here is a gif. What did you use for the jpg that didn't allow it to work, MS Paint?

-FMK.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	calmap.gif
Views:	116
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	7118  
Old December 5, 2001, 22:51   #44
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 12:52
Funny how the Canadians have log cabins!!
Old December 5, 2001, 23:09   #45
Cal
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
Here you go Cal. This one here is a gif. What did you use for the jpg that didn't allow it to work, MS Paint?

-FMK.
No, I just changed it from .bmp to .jpg by renaming the extention.
Old December 7, 2001, 00:35   #46
Case
Emperor

With apologies to any canucks out there...
Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Funny how the Canadians have log cabins!!
Would this be a more suitable city style?
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	canada.gif
Views:	106
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	7181  
Old December 7, 2001, 00:59   #47
Hobbes
Warlord

Old December 7, 2001, 01:15   #48
ravagon
King

Local Time: 01:52
Re: With apologies to any canucks out there...
Quote:

Too funny!
Actually I guess this sort of city style kinda renders city walls obsolete.
Old December 7, 2001, 04:34   #49
Jimmywax
Prince

Re: Re: With apologies to any canucks out there...
Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon

Too funny!
Actually I guess this sort of city style kinda renders city walls obsolete.
Not by any means, you could always piss a line in the snow and hope no one crosses it.

Since I live in Montana I probably should be talking.
Old December 7, 2001, 18:28   #50
Cal
Prince

Re: With apologies to any canucks out there...
Quote:

Ooh.... can I use those? Please?
Old December 7, 2001, 18:56   #51
Hobbes
Warlord

You could always use the igloos as 'resources' in the arctic.

anywho, here is a old truck full of American militia men, ready to kick some Nazi ass.
Attached Images:

Old December 7, 2001, 19:36   #52
Hobbes
Warlord

I found some sites that might be helpful

Operation Sealion - get an idea of how the Nazis would plan an invasion

The Arsenal of the Germans - all the weapons the Germans used in WW2 and some proposed ones too.

Old December 7, 2001, 20:11   #53
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 18:52
Oh, nice to see you like the City Style I made.
But I abandoned the idea of walls for it because of the mentioned reasons.

Just an idea...for such an invasion, the German force couldn't possibly do that feat without to support of more advanced German subs like the Typ XXI and the Walter Boats and submersilbe troop carriers and re-supply ships, don't you think?
Old December 7, 2001, 22:05   #54
Hobbes
Warlord

The Germans' longest range bomber: the Messerschmitt Me 264 "Amerika". called the Amerika because it was planned to bomb New York from Germany.
Attached Images:

Old December 7, 2001, 22:30   #55
Case
Emperor

Here's my attempt at a Ju-290/390. It was a long range recon plane intended to replace the Condor. During a test flight a 390 (which was the improved version of the 290) actually flew to mithin a few miles of New York City!
Attached Images:

Old December 7, 2001, 23:41   #56
Jimmywax
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Hendrik the Great
Just an idea...for such an invasion, the German force couldn't possibly do that feat without to support of more advanced German subs like the Typ XXI and the Walter Boats and submersilbe troop carriers and re-supply ships, don't you think?
That is why it is fictional. I am also going to have to go out on a limb here and say that it would have to exist in a timeline where Goeringh was killed in WWI. In that case, the Luftwaffe would not have been set back by the blunders that egotistical lard ass performed. The allies would have been destroyed at Dunkirk by the wehrmacht, funds would not have been diverted from the Kriegsmarine, and research funds for rockets and jets would not have been put into other areas that did little to help the war effort.

Last edited by Jimmywax; December 8, 2001 at 03:08.
Old December 8, 2001, 03:13   #57
Jimmywax
Prince

Here is a link to a site called luftwaffe '46. It list german jets and airplanes either on paper or in prototype form. It is a lot of speculation about "what if" the axis powers had survived another year. It is a safe assumtion though that if Goeringh wasn't around to tell Hitler that the Me 109 was all the Luft' neeeded and that they didn't need any long range bombers, some of these would have been made much earlier. I do not know if you want to go this way though.
Old December 8, 2001, 03:16   #58
Jimmywax
Prince

oops!
I forgot to put the link.

http://www.luft46.com/

P.S. be sure to check out the Horton section.

Last edited by Jimmywax; December 8, 2001 at 03:21.
Old December 8, 2001, 03:55   #59
Cal
Prince

Alternate History lesson
I'm kicking around ideas for a chronology in which the Nazi's achieve total Victory in europe. What're eveyone's opinions?
Basic, undetailed, structure:

1. To their eternal shame, England and France back down again after the invasion of Poland, allowing Hitler to seize the country with minimal resistence."
2. Afterwards, the german generals begin drawing up plans to occupy both France and ENgland. Meanwhile, the new British Prime Minister Churchill is pressing for war with germany.
3. 1940, April: England and France declare war on Germany. In retaliation, German troops seize most of Denmark and Norway.
4. 1940 May: Fall gelb, german armies blitz through france, the British navy and airforce struggles to organize itself to support the french by the time the Germans are already at Paris.
5. At Dunkrik, the BEF and nearly all of the RAF planes assigned with them are obliterated by air and panzer assault. One transport ship makes it out of Dunkirk with 30 men aboard, no planes return, England is left with hardly any air support, having lent most all of the RAF to the task of facing the germans in the lower countries.
6. An armistice is signed with France and the germans are able to concentrate their resources on crossing the channel.
7. Sealion. With full support from thekreigsmarine and luftwaffe, german transport ships arrive across the pas of calais, English defenses are taken by surprise and the RN is caught napping. Many ships are seized at the port b the german landing parties.
8. Sealion is now a complete success, Churchill and the Royal family are dead, killed by luftwaffe bombing raids, and the British Army lacks the proper equipment to oppose the german military might. One batallion was given the task of guarding about 50 miles of land with an old WWI artillery piece.
9. The British have decisively lost the battle of Britian, the government is in shambles, adn the occupation begins. Vichy France, meanwhile, feels greatly relieved at taking the easy way out by signing a piece treaty with the germans instead of opposing them.
10. In a campaign known as "island-hopping", Germany follows up the capture of the UK with invasions of iceland, then greenland, neither putting up any significant fight.. Canada is a stones throw away.
It is now about March 1941.

...and there we go. Too implausible?
Old December 8, 2001, 04:29   #60
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 13:52
Is it really plausible for the Germans to wage a trans-atlantic Campaign while trying to topple the motherland?