Old December 2, 2001, 16:18   #1
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 13:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Pascifist War
I usually play my games extrordinarily pascifist, as I'm a builder at heart. I never garrison a city with more than one unit, almost always the most up-to-date defender. I am nice to the AI, feeding it tech at regular intervals. Then, I build up my nice attack force of 6-7 knights and conquer a nice, happy civ nearby in about 5 turns. The reason even a builder needs to go to war in this game is the concept of leaders. Leaders are important, because you need them to build the Military Acadamy and Herioc Epic, so that a) you get more opportunities to gain culture, and b) so that any future leaders can go towards wonders, as you don't need them to produce armies anymore. You have to use the first leader you get to make an army and win a battle with it. Anyways, I continue attacking each civ in succession until I get a leader. Then I calm down for a while, building up my infrastructure some more, and build as many armies as I can. Then, when the modern ages come around, I build the Pentagon and fill every single army with 3 veteran (or higher) Modern Armor and 1 veteran (or higher) Mech Infantry. I group them into an attack force for each remaining civ, give each attack force a carrier battle group full of Stealth Bombers, battleships, and Aegis Cruisers, and conquer the rest of the world in the next 5 turns. For some sad reason the AI civs never seem to stop being Gracious and suspecting towards me until I attack them, even though I have launched surprise attacks against many other civs. The important thing is, though that you can stay demilitarized for most of the game and easily win a conquest victory. Unfortunately, I have to turn off Culture Victory to do this, because my capital usually has every single Great and Small Wonder in it and every improvement, and it alone has a culture of about 40-50 thousand by the time I've conquered the world.
Old December 2, 2001, 16:49   #2
Matos
Settler

Local Time: 10:52
That sounds exactly like the strategy that I use most of the time. It was disappointing the first time I tried it, becuase I had forgot to turn culture victory off, so the game ended at the beginning of my build-up. The only problem that I have with this method is that I can never seem to generate leaders, no matter how many elite units I have, no matter how many battles I fight, I can never seem do get a leader. This is kind of funny, because I always play as the Germans, and the Germans are famous for their military leaders. Can someone explain this to me please?
Old December 2, 2001, 23:41   #3
the_hamster
Settler

Local Time: 17:52
Skywalker, how do you conquer a civ in 5 turns with 7 knights? Wouldn't you need to garrison some of them to kill resisters - or do you mean you just take a city? I find it really hard to wage war, let alone take out a civ in 5 turns? Well done!
Old December 3, 2001, 00:15   #4
Mr. T
Settler

are you playing on chieftan
taking out a civ in 5 turns?!

are you playing on chieftan?

it is near impossible to get almost all the wonders great and small at regent or higher unless you have a steady stream of leaders to rush them, and if you are generally at peace than you wouldn't have leaders, right?
Old December 3, 2001, 06:05   #5
Magician
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Pascifist War
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
I build up my nice attack force of 6-7 knights and conquer a nice, happy civ nearby in about 5 turns.
How large is that civ? the tech level? and what level are you playing?
how is it possible to ripe out a civ with 6 knights in 5 turns?
Old December 3, 2001, 11:19   #6
MarshalN
Warlord

From the 5-turn comment and the thing about him getting all the wonders in his capital... sounds like chieftan to me, or maybe warlord...

I don't see how you can take out a civ in five turns with 7 knights -- even in regent, by the time you get knights the AI should at least have 4-5 cities. That's more than what 7 knights can take in like 5 turns.