Old March 7, 2002, 17:32   #121
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I Have Feet, Yet I Can Not Run
"George, come check this out." The communications technician beckoned his colleague to come to his console.

"What is it?"

"Look at the timer. It's well over forty minutes." The chronometre on the screen read 47:54.

"Not a confirmation signal from Terra Nova? Have you sent a query message?"

"I got worried twenty minutes ago and sent it. No response, I have scanned all the common bandwidths..." The screen started to flicker and the technician heard a loud beep in his headphones.

"Wait, something's coming in." He opened the channel. There was no visual connection, just a sizzling sound. The tech directed it to the speakers as George urged the others in the room to listen.

"This is Communications Operator Riikka Collins calling Terra Station Phi", a distant voice, of a woman, reported. George went through the protocol settings and made sure the Alliance Communications Post was tuned in. The Alliance was mainly responsible for usual communications between the homeworld and Capella, but now it seemed that only a Coalition comms station was online.

"This is station Phi, Operator Shanahan. What is your status?"

"Listen. We are under attack. Twenty minutes ago ships entered the system." The room's occupants burst in chatter as they whispered to each other, wondering what was happening. George rushed to the shift list and found out that Admiral Thorpe was in charge of the operations in off-Sol colonies. He immediately left the room heading for Thorpe's office.

"Are you getting this?" Collins said to the link.

"Yes, go on", he ran through the list of Terra Nova's personnel to check for Collins' post, "Umera Station."

"The defence fleet has been wiped out. Repeat, wiped out. Apparently the commanding ship was not destroyed, but unconfirmed information tells that Admiral Manson is dead. Also, the Terran Surface Commander is taken prisoner, and the Colonial Magistrate has also perished."

"This is Communications Lieutenant Holmqvist. Who are the attackers?" the channel was accompanied by an Alliance Comms Operator.

"Morgan Interstellar and the Lord's Believers", Collins sighed. "Believer ships took down the Alliance task forces, and the Morganites, alongside the Believer's, are engaged in an assault around our colonial station. The planet has been sorrounded, and all evacuation ships are either shot down or captured."

"May I speak to the highest ranking Alliance officer available, Officer Collins?" Holmqvist asked.

"That would be Colonel Strutton, but he is outside fending off the attackers. I am the commanding officer inside. A Terran division was forced to retreat to our base, and we are doing all we can to help them. But we are vastly outnumbered. You must send help!"

Shanahan sighed and closed his eyes. It was devastating to him. Terrans were being slaughtered, but beyond the reach of help. If ships would be sent immediately, it would take days for them to reach Capella. Observers on Earth could not see the bloodshed until after over fifty years.

"Here's something!" a member of the 26th Salvation Crew reported at the still smouldering ruins of a spaceport, inside the Callisto One dome, on the moon of Jupiter recently taken and abandoned by Morgan Interstellar.

The crew quickly gathered to the ruins and started to disintegrate and remove the piles of concrete and steel.

"There's a cavity down there. Get me some light." The man was handed a flashlight as he lowered himself below ground level to what was the basement of a small private spaceport.

There was a quite vast hall down there, but it's roof had fallen down just about everywhere. There had been smaller, shuttle-like antique starships stored in the space, and all of them but one had been crushed by the falling building above.

The rescuers, once the area had been cleared of immediate danger of collapse, went to the ship as it's insides showed heat signatures. A side hatch of the shuttle opened, light from the shuttle was cast to the far side of the hall...

Like in any self-respecting defence organization, in a matter of minutes after the message from Communications Operator Riikka Collins had arrived, every single fleet, squadron, ship and person serving the Terran Alliance, or any of it's member factions, was in a state of alert. The Coalition had issued a Code Three Defensive Emergency, uplifting the readiness from a Code Four alarm. All the other members of TA had raised their military alertness respectively.

"What's with the device?" Greg asked his very dear friend, Filkins.

Filkins took a small breath from the portable oxymask and replied: "Just some dust in my lungs. Some clean oxygen should clear it away in a couple of hours. Now, I think it's my turn to ask, what's with that device?" Filkins pointed at the metallic structure around Greg's left leg.

"The darn thing got broken in the mess. Your 'help' didn't do any good to it, either. Are you sure it was a real Red Cross first-aid course?"

"Look, she was quite a stunning lady, and I have no reason to believe that it would of been nothing else then a real first-aid course. Not sure about the Red Cross thingy, though, but she sure looked like a nurse", Filkins winced.

"So did the young woman you gave mouth-to-mouth to", Greg muttered.

Filkins shrugged. "So how long 'till it's all good and ready to play some gravdisk?"

"I can walk with the servo, but the doc said I should avoid running. So I am afraid our little team will have to get a new goalie for the next week's game", Greg sighed.

"I wouldn't be too sure of the game at all. You have watched the news, haven't you?"

"Haven't had anything to else do lately, so yes. Awful thing the Titan mess."

The two friends had never discussed politics, especially internal politics, that much. So a short pause between their chatter at this point was no surprise to them.

"So how's the wife then?" Filkins broke the silence.

"Mad as a hellhound, as usual", Greg smiled. "You know she was against this trip. She wanted to split the dosh 50/50 and spend it on household appliances. New household appliances, to be accurate."

"Like clothes", Filkins read his friend's mind out loud.

Greg nodded. "But, I guess we still have to head back to Earth. I trust that you have been trying to get us some tickets home."

"Sure, but the goverment is very tardy in letting anyone back to Earth from here. Callisto is effectively guarantened, since they are afraid of Morganite undercovers infiltrating other colonies and escaping the place. But..."

"I knew there would be a 'but', you fox."

"You are flattering me, Greg. Anyhow, I know a friend who is transporting, shall I say, 'hot' goods to Mars. You know, the folks there aren't too easygoing. Some adult entertainment, some stuff to get your head mixed and your pace wabbly, you know what I mean. Corrupts the workers, says the locals.
Now, he is getting them through because he has a cousin in the customs office. He knows when he is in duty, and will set course to Mars by then. He told me that", Filkins looked at his chronometre, "in six hours, he will be heading off to Mars."

"Mars, that's not quite like Earth", Greg complained.

"But it's a hoot closer to home then this dump", Filkins said and looked around at the ascetic room of the hospital. "From Mars it'll be easier to get to home, Callisto is a warzone after all. And, he'll get us there for free. He owes me one, way back from school. Now, can you FTL with that arm?"

Admiral Michael Thorpe was probably the most helpless man in the universe, as he listened to the recording. He had power to command dozens and dozens of Battle Squarons to go and avenge to the Morganites, but it would be of no use. All he could do was listen, and like so many others, a tear glistened in his eyes.

Communications traffic from Capella had already ceased, the last message containing a brief echo of gunfire. Apparently, either the entire station or at least the comms equipment had been destroyed in battle. Riikka Collins and everyone else on Capella had been declared Missing in Action. A few Alliance ships, capable of superluminal travel, were hopefully heading back to Sol, but there was no way to find out since ships in FTL-transit could not communicate with anyone else but other ships in the same dimensional warp.

Admiral Thorpe did not know, why he was so crushed of the situation. He had already seen comrades fall in battle, but not at this kind of levels. Not to mention all the civilian workers of Terra Nova.

Maybe he wept for the insinuating battles, starships firing at each other and being blown to pieces, with hundreds and hundreds of fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, sisters, brothers, cousins and friends onboard.
Old March 7, 2002, 19:01   #122
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:53
****Encrypted Diplomatic Message****

To: Terran Alliance Headquarters
From: Colonel Marcus Kessel, Supreme Commander of Spartan Federation

To the leaders of the Terran Alliance. I am aware of circumstances involving numerous confrontations involving Morgan Interstellar and members of your alliance. You must be made fully aware that the Spartan Federation is a full alliance partner with Morgan Interstellar and we will do whatever is necessary to honor that Pact. War against Morgan Interstellar is war against the Spartan Federation. After saying that, I urge you to sit down with Morgan Interstellar in an attempt to settle the dispute before we approach the brink. Sparta has no problem with going to war, but if it can be avoided then we would prefer that. If you recall, it was a member of your alliance that started this entire episode. Has anything been done to date about this, or was the actions of InEn sanctioned by the Terran Alliance government? Do not allow political maneuverings to thrust us to war. Also do not think that a quick war will be possible. If your intention is to use this confrontation as a pretext for expansion, then you can put those expectations aside. Territory gained will be gained at the expense of millions of deaths. You once thought that Sol was invulnerable, the Morganites have proven that to be untrue, and do not expect sympathies for Earth being the cradle of humanity. Earth is just another planet.

I hope that this message is not taken as a threat. It is merely at statement of facts. I can assure you that if you choose to talk that Morgan will listen and be receptive. But if you choose to fight, Morgan will have the entire Spartan military complex allied with him. And in case your intelligence is lacking, that means every single citizen of the Spartan Federation. I hope you make your decision based upon logic and not upon emotion and political intrigue. Rest assured that the Spartan Federation will not waver in it’s support of our allies.

Respectively, Colonel Marcus Kessel. Colonel Of The Militia.

Copy forwarded to CEO Morgan Of Morgan Intestellar

****Encrypted Video Message****
To: CEO Morgan

CEO Morgan

I send you congratulations on your many victories against the Terrans. I am impressed with the daring and bravery of your soldiers. I see that our many exchange programs have come in use in building a very competent military force. I would suggest however that from here on out it will become more difficult. You have our full support of course, but the glory days of the conflict are most likely at an end. From here on out you can expect the Terrans to attempt to take back your new prize or maybe more likely they will go for Morgan territory. Ask yourself if your defenses are adequate enough to defend your possessions that lie close to the Sol system. If I were you, I would not be surprised if the Terrans decided to take Morgan territory instead of attempting to retake Capella. Negotiations may be the order of the day. Your conflict with the Terrans have only served to close their ranks. It is in our best interested to have the Terrans at each others throats. We must exploit their divisions and not help them to unite. The Mars Combine and the new government on Saturn are our best hopes in keeping the Terran Alliance as loose as possible. Even if that means supporting the Earth Coalition. Do not forget CEO that we have enemies elsewhere. The Hive is a serious threat that we live with for now, but still presents a danger. I also must share some distress news about some other threat. There have been many ships that have disappeared for mysterious reasons. We in Sparta are not convinced that it can be explained by alien or pirate activity. There may be some government, alien or human, that is responsible. But those issues are small compared to what we are faced with by a Terran war. Remember that our other enemies may take advantage or even actively aid the Terrans. If a diplomatic solution can be achieved, then it is worth pursuing. Whatever happens, Sparta will be here.

Your ally, Colonel Marcus Kessel, Colonel of the Milita
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 02:03   #123
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:53
Hive Prime
War Room

Warmaster Kang observed the chaos unfolding around him. Hive officers ran from station to station, collecting data. Communications between different locations were backdrop noise heard by everyone. Lights from monitors flashed and blinked as technicians plotted courses.

The Warmaster flashed his fangs in a satisfied smile. All of this chaos resulted in hundred of thousands of Hive warships and ground forces being mobilized for war. The ships to Firaxis were on their way to rendez-vous with anti-Spartan elements of the Laekdaemon Cadre. Hive battlefleets were being mobilized for Hive involvement in the Terran-Morgan war. It seemed Kang would finally see bloodshed after all these years of peace.

For Kang, the only glory was found in meeting an enemy in battle and defeating him. His personal trophy gallery consisted of hundreds of heads taken by him personally. Any Hive citizen could see his gallery and his revere him as the deadliest warrior in the Empire.

His most prized possession was the head of the rebellious leader Mingbark Gol, who led insurrectionists against the Hive before Thought Control was in place. He met the rebel leader deep underground on the planet Plex Anthill. Both of them Bulwarks, the hand-to-hand combat was brutal. Fighting on both sides stopped to watch the two titanic figures duel to the death.

Power swords clashed as the two tried to gain the upper hand. However, Kang prevailed and severed the rebels head in one swoop.

Those were glorious times, thought Kang.

Shaking the nostalgia from his head, kang isssued orders.

"Patch me into the newly assembled fleet and its commander."

"Ready when you are, sir." A technician replied.

The Warmaster gave a signal and turned to face the viewscreen, which had the short figure of a Fran on it.

"Admiral Bippol, is your task force almost assembled?" Kang questioned the Fran.

The short creature on the viewscreen shifted, nervous that he was staring at the massive Warmaster.

"Yessir, my lord. We are waiting for 3 troop ships and 1 carrier."

The Warmaster was suddenly thankful that the Hive military always kept their forces on standby alert, meaning they could amass their forces quickly.

"Good, Admiral. When you are fully assembled, you are to report back."

The Fran bowed and Warmaster Kang broke the connection.

1 Battleship, 3 Battlecruisers, 20 corvettes, 20 frigates, and 10 carriers with accompanying smaller craft. That should be enough for a small start. We can afford to experiment with the enemy's forces.

Kang turned toward an aide.

"Order me some bloodrats...raw. I feel like a pre-battle snack."

Blood always fueled the Warmaster before war.
--------------------

Emperor Yang exained the Skipfire's message from the Protectorate encounter. Apparently the Protectorate captain decided to mock Yang while broadcasting demands.

Sheng-ji scowled as he thought of Protector Ian.

Grabbing a datapad, the Emperor entered in a comman code.

"Begin visual transmission to our 'Lord' Ian".

Visual message to Lord Protector Ian

I have recently received reports indicating that one of your ship captains has acted insubortinately with one of my ships.

I quote: 'Tell your Emperor to suck-on-them'. I demand this captain be turned over to Hive personnel.

I would hate for something as trivial as this to damage our growing relationship. (Yang smiled menacingly). It would be in your best interest to let us...talk with this captain.
--------------------
Hive Planet: Gemini One
Deep in Hive Space

Gemini One, dismal as it was, looked inconspicuous on the surface. No atmosphere, barren rock covered the surface. Underneath, however, was a different story. Deep below the surface, enormous cloning facilities spider-webbed with each other thoroughout the planet.

Gemini One was one of the secret 'Clone Worlds' the Hive possessed.

Deep underground, thousands of eyes opened simultaneously in cloning vats.....all belonging to the same looking face.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 02:49   #124
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 04:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Laekdaemon Central

As Lysander once again received notification of Emperor Yang’s response, he smiled, but the smile faded when he saw that the notification also said that the virus had just been detected. It would be a little bit before it could be erased, but when it was, Menelaus would know exactly what he and Yang had said in their messages to each other. He swayed on his feet when he realized that such evidence would be sufficient for Menelaus to execute him. I’ll have to move quickly, he thought, now let’s see what the Emperor has sent in his message.
His smile returned when he read it. Yang was sending him help, at last! He wouldn’t be able to reply, but Yang wouldn’t need a reply. He was sending the ships regardless.

Lysander then quicklinked a notification to all of his followers that he would be temporarily leaving the planet but would keep in touch if he could. Even as he was doing this he moved toward the door. All of his possessions were neatly packed and he would not need any of them on his journey anyway. The only exception would be supply of food and drink, but this was standard on all of the Cadre’s small fleet of ships already.

As he ran towards the Laekdaemon Central launch bays, he reviewed his plan in his mind. He would take one the smaller ships that were used for transport and exploration. His rank would override any objections and in any case many of those on duty there his men. He would then fly out of orbit of Laekdaemon Prime, as though he was going to survey one of the other planets. Once he was out of range, he would engage FTL drive and head for Firaxis Prime. He would then broadcast the code the Hive had sent him, link up with the Hive ships, and take on board whatever help they had sent him, and return home. He would, though first ascertain what the situation was when returned. He had no intention of walking into a waiting death trap.

The plan came off without a hitch and some time later his ship dropped into STL drive in the Firaxis system. He began broadcasting the code and settled back to wait.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 12:36   #125
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 13:53
Coded Transmission
To: Emperor Yang of the GHE

Re: "Suck on Them"

Emperor Yang, I am aware of how the events within 2 ly of Roving (and therefore within Roving's Oort Cloud-Protectorate territory) and have decided that there is no need for a reprimand. Captain Omar Bradley is a fine officer and most certainly did not act "insurbordinate" to your vessel, as none of our ships or personnel are subordinate to your forces.

We have a policy to never turn over subjects to other nations, especially if the charges are exagerated. Most certainly, we won't turn over loyal subjects to a addled pseudo-communist with a messiah complex such as yourself.

On all of the bodies we recovered, we discovred that the entirety of them had been 'resocialized', a process we do only to our most dangerous criminals and dissidents. It is damning of the GHE in general, and you, Yang, in particular that this is the only way for you to maintain control.

We will shortly be offering a treaty to the University, and perhaps we will be willing to include your Great Nation in the deliberations.

But do not think we are weak, we have powers and friends that you can only dream of.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 18:15   #126
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:53
Shell-Shock
Morganite Colony Naxos

Major General Harry Marmion was tired. Furthermore, he and his corps were now stuck out here on this barren little rock of a moon known as Naxos, which orbited a small, ugly gas planet at the far edge of the Co-operate Sector. It was far too close to Sol for Marmion’s liking anyway. Ever since the abandonment of Callisto as the Terran Alliance moved in on it, Marmion’s elite 1st Corps was stuck out here on this far flung Morganite moon, re-grouping, re-building, repairing, watching the native Morganites mine through the crust of the place extracting rare and expensive minerals. It was bloody tiring. Marmion was an injured man anyway. He had two wounds on his body from fights on Callisto. He wanted to be home again, with his wife and children. As he sat cross-legged on a plastic chair in his quarters at the Governor’s residence, he stared out through the large windows at the barren wastes of this little place.

Marmion’s memories made him tired. New memories, these were memories that kept him up at night, making him unable to sleep. These memories would stick to the room at all times. These horrible haunted memories of his men on Callisto and of the enemy on Callisto. He remembered Brigadier Bismarck and Colonel Nassar; he saw them in the heat of the battles on Callisto, like ghosts in the fog of war. Slowly moving, jogging along the surface of the harsh alien moon. Nassar placing his missile launchers on a cleft here, while Bismarck points at his right wing with a baton, ordering them to make an oblique movement, or maybe a charge, or maybe even giving out an order to form skirmish lines. However they stand, they come back to him like ghosts of the past. As Marmion attempts to rest he sees them again, his mind calling them up, creeping up from the ends of his bunk. A sad faced Bismarck with gaping holes in his chest. Marmion can see right through his chest, seeing the dimming light from the window beyond. Nassar comes shortly afterward, his arm hanging in mid air, torn off by an enemy rifle. Nassar has a monstrous wound across his right side. If Marmion does not shake these thoughts away, they will creep up on him.

They are both dead, of course, Marmion reminded himself later as he sat by his chair watching the movement of the locals about the rocky moon. A squad of Terran troops shot Bismarck literally to pieces in one of the colonial buildings. Nassar’s missile launchers were ambushed by Terran riflemen charging at them while they attempted to get them onto a transport. Only one of the launchers made it safety away on the transport, but Nassar himself was mortally wounded. He was recovered quickly, and all medical attention that could be given to him was. He died before reaching Naxos. Even when Marmion pulled away medics from other wounded officers, and even kidnapped several Earth medics from Callisto, no one could save Nassar. Marmion had to stop blaming himself. He was not responsible was he? If anyone could be named as a scapegoat in this it would be Major General Lehman for not reporting in time increased Terran movements in the area. He knew that there would be a court martial for Lehman over that.

Marmion himself was also wounded. He had refused until the end to accompany his men to the transports. Eventually he was coaxed into it, however. His men had fought well. He was proud of them. A good many Terrans were now dead on Callisto. But why did all these men have to die? Why couldn’t the Morganites have given the Terrans more time to hand over the InEn leaders for trial? Why was everyone so bloodthirsty these days? These questions, like the imagined ghosts from Marmion’s tired mind, plagued the Major General day and night. He only hoped it would go away when he went home. Home. This sounded so good to him. To be home again was the only thing Marmion wanted now. He tried to dream of home as he took his mid-day rest, but he cut it short when he thought of the ghosts that followed him.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Morganite Colony Samnos

“Hey Johnnie!” cried Pangol, shouting at the poor fellow in the upper bunk, “Our boys have taken over Capella!”

“Here, what, Capella taken? Oh splendid. It’s very pleasant to hear such news. A lot of dead, though, I’d think. And I’m sure the Terrans will go after us for it,” responded Corvette Captain John Bourne, emerging from the bunk. It was early morning for the people of Samnos, though for the colonists on its sister moon Naxos it was late afternoon.

“Yeah, a lot of dead is right…both Morganites and Terrans. However, it fell the other day, but you know how slowly news moves about from that area of the Morganite Conglomerate to this,” responded Escort Captain David Pangol. He made his way over to the curtains and drew them back, flooding the room with light, nearly blinding Bourne. As his eyes adjusted, he saw the familiar aerospace barracks room that he was quartered in. It was an all right room for an aerospace barracks. But then again, John Bourne and his chum were only two military ship commanders on Samnos. As a rule, the Morganites had a pretty small fleet, and defense of these outer colonies was thus very poor. Samnos actually did have one of the better air defenses of the system, what with the dozen orbital defense stations. Naxos had a fairly poor defense, though it had more ships. Of course now you had the heroes of Callisto docked there.

“Yeah, news moves so slow around her via transmitter that I think putting a sign around the neck of a one-legged chicken would get the news about faster,” responded Bourne.

“Hey Johnny, you don’t think that the Terrans will respond with a full-scale attack on Morganite systems and holdings do you? I mean after all, our colonies right here are the ones they’d strike first on account of the closeness to Sol…”

“Oh Lord, I hope not,” said Bourne, a thought occurring to him. He shook it away as his buttoned up his tunic and grabbed for his blue coat that acknowledged his membership in the great Morganite Atmospheric Aerospace Corps.

The thought suddenly came back to Bourne as he put his yellow beret on his head. He saw his ship the Old Glory flying into a bevy of enemy ships. He saw his gun pockets roaring at the enemy, cutting into some transports and escorts. He saw enemy battlecruisers tear his ship in half. He managed to shake the thought again as he walked out towards the aerospace complex. He dearly hoped that it was only his imagination running wild with him and not a premonition.

Naxos

General Marmion was slowly making his way down the stairs to the offices. Lieutenant Sigurdson had hailed him via watchvid. There were new developments, important ones as well, in the present war with Terra. It seemed Callisto had been “avenged”. Marmion arrived at the landing, peering out of one of the many windows in the vicinity of the building. He saw the colony outside. Hundreds of hab-domes stretched out along the barren landscape. The spaceport was bustling with workers and traders, new shipments of nutrients arriving by ship, new shipments of minerals leaving by ship. It was an average day for these fellows. He saw the barracks below as well. There would be hundreds of his men there at this hour.

“Ah, General Marmion,” said Governor Wzeloski, standing at the foot of the stairs, surrounded by his aides and several of Marmion’s own officers. Kingson, Sigurdson, and Needleham were present. Wzeloski was looking resplendent in his black and gold business suit. Of course, it resembled the suit that all Morganite officials, including Morgan himself, wear. On Wzeloski, however, it looked perfect. “I’m glad to see you up and about. I hear you’ve had your first full night of sleep since the fall of Callisto…”

“Oh yes, thank you, Governor. Sigurdson had news for me,” interrupted Marmion.

“Ah, quite right, sir. It seems forces until General Shimonseki and Admiral Vallachi have managed to take over Capella, or at least it’s largest planet Terra Nova. A tremendous victory, sir! Vallachi’s ships wrecked the Terran fleet in a battle lasting around 20 hours, actually, and the small Terran defensive force was totally surrounded by the 3rd Corps, while 2nd moved in head-on, and the Soldiers of God crushed the right wing…”

“Tremendous victory, sir!” interjected Kingson with a smile, “Our men on Callisto are avenged, sir.”

Marmion felt a sense of pride and looked up at the group in front of them. Kingson and Sigurdson were war-weary men, and poor old Needleham looked to have had her fill of battle as well, but they were definantly proud of their comrades. “Good,” responded Marmion, “Superb.”

“Quite,” said the Governor, “what’s more, there is a rumor the CEO will sue for peace soon.”

“Wonderful. Let’s hope we start trying for it before the Terrans retaliate…”

“Retaliation, General?” responded the Governor, looking a bit uneasy at the word.

“Well, I should think they would now, as we have after all taken out a large bit of Terran property. I’d think Sol would be up in arms soon.”

“You don’t think they’ll attack…this system?”

The thought hadn’t occurred to Marmion yet, but in fact now that he thought of it, it seemed very feasible. This system was the closest system of all to Sol that was owned by Morgan, and so any retaliation at all would occur here. He suspected by that early March 2701 there would be Terrans swarming all over the place like angered hornets. Instead of responding to Governor Wzeloski’s question, he simply said “Oh damn.”

ENCRYPTED VISUAL MESSAGE
TO: Gen. Marcus Kessel

Thank you. The copy of the message you sent to the government of the Terran Alliance as of Friday was received and appreciated. It reassures us all that no one could have finer allies than we of Morgan Conglomerate do in the Federation of Sparta.

If there is ever any way that we can repay this kindness than please inform us of it and we shall do all in our power to make it be.

-Morgan

P.S., Expect a shipment of two cases of that xeno-wine from Chiron (the stuff that I mentioned a few months back) to arrive at your personal headquarters in a few days. I trust you'll enjoy it as I have, it's very good stuff.

-NM
------
WHERE DO YOU WANT YOUR NODE TODAY?

Last edited by History Guy; April 13, 2002 at 11:24.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2002, 15:02   #127
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 17:53
To: Commander of Morganic Force in system, Cappella
REe Basic situational summary
Cc: General Collins, Colonel Kassad, Colonel Benson, Admiral Demover, Admiral
Kincaid, CEO Morgan

As per your request sir in MEMO 452 Capella, we have put together a basic situational report of the effectiveness of Ground Force Wing of the Soldiers of God. Despite some minor mess ups and attacks on the shuttles most of the Soldiers of God forces made it to the ground and formed up at 3 rally points. They then proceeded to move with Hovertank regiments leading the way. During this the combat shuttles from Solider of God command
began to soften up the arrival with intense HVM barrages on Colonial troops. The force moved quickly and swiftly on the right flank to help secure Morganic operation in this area. After doing so the Soldiers of God ground force split up and went about catching the enemy ground forces with help from sensors from the fleet. Only in one time did the Soldiers of God call in a orbital bombardment. Enemy forces in that region had manage to
fortified themselves a mountain base and only elements of the 9th division were there. The operation for searching for small groups of TAF marines and colonials that have yet to surrender still continues.

Causality list is attached, though casualties are in the low end range for what we had planed. It is the opinion of STRATCOM operations group that we have been lucky so far. We also give both Morgan forces and Soldiers of God force Operational Grades of 97 Percent. This mission has been a resounding success.

To: Minister of Intelligence
CC: Speaker of Conclave, Marshall of the Heavenly Host
Intercepted Message: text message only
HOG High Command to all units, head back to base. Repeat head back to base for further orders. Taskforce 45 deploy decoy drones to cover fleet movements. Operation Xander is a go. Task Force 12 and Task Force 3 will probe target system.....

Message Ends
Attached Intel report on message, but we don’t know what is going on, -Joel

To: Admiral Demover,
Re: Patrol

Sir we are picking up increase activity in FTL transits all over the place. The HOGs are screwing with our sensors. We are currently en route to Sol’s outer Oort cloud, we will then we will stay in the debris feel and listen on passive. Hopefully we won’t be detected but we have armed ourselves in case battle is immanent.

To: CEO Morgan
Re: Skywatch program

CEO Morgan, as you know the Cappella system is under Morgan control. As to help hold this system and watch out for any possible TAF counter-attacks I have sent out flights of small hunter-seekers. These small ships are the size of destroyers are built for stealthy recon work. They are only armed with 2 standard missile tubes since any other weapon system would nullify the stealth systems. These ships are going to be sent out the outer edge of the Sol system were they will listen on passive sensors for any increase in com traffic. They also will be sending out brief messages with copy’s of the traffic messages they can hear. These ships have been directed to leave at the first sight of trouble. Hopefully if any military advances come from Sol, they will be able to give us word before our ships find out in the heat of battle.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2002, 19:38   #128
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Hive Prime
Emperor's Private Gardens

Yang walked through his vast, personal gardens. Underground cave trees mingled with mulit-colored lichen growing on intricate rock formations. A small stream crisscrossed underneath the path he walked on.

The latest news was troubling. The reply from Lord Ian was most disturbing. He spoke to me like a common drone. A common drone! Yang just recently gave the order to start mobilizing the military against the Protectorate, just in case.

As he walked further down the path, he noticed a genejack gardener. Mindlessly performing his duty, picking dead lichen off of rocks, Emperor Yang nodded in satisfaction. What did Ian say? 'It is damning of the GHE in general, and you, Yang, in particular that this is the only way for you to maintain control.

Idiot, Sheng-ji thought.

Turning his attention away from the Lord Protector, Yang recalled the message from the University.

Apparently Zakharov was dead and his son, Randius was in charge of the University. Sheng-ji felt a little regret that he did not have the chance to speak to the Provost before he died. Prokhor, you will never have the chance to know how much I respected your intellectual achievements.

Yang reached to his comm-link and opened a channel.

"Begin recording two separate transmission, then send them after recording is complete."

The comm-officer on the other end acknowledged, "Yes your excellency. Whenever you are ready."

Encoded Transmission
To: Ian of Protectorate

You will notice, Ian, that I have left out your 'title'. Do not presume that you know our full extent because, quite frankly, you don't. Veiled threats against me and my glorious empire that I have created will get you nowhere (Except my punishment sphere's, thought Yang).

As for your little 'comment' about my methods, who are you to judge how we handle our citizens? My scientists are also learning about your soldiers as well, so skip the lecture on ethics. (Yang's temper started flaring out of control) I was conquering planets while you were still in the childrens creche.

And just for the record, I do not doubt that you have allies Protector. But be aware of this, so do we. Don't think that an upstart as yourself can walk amongst giants because in the end, you may be flattened.

....Emperor Yang out.
To: Academician Randius of University Commonwealth

Son of Prokhor Zakharov, it is unfortunate that your father has departed. We were quite close in our years on Chiron. Since the Hive's ascension into the stars we have been curious as to our ally's whereabouts. Now that we have met, I agree that we should conduct opening negotiations for a Pact of Brotherhood.

To begin our relationship, I request that you escort the Hive ship Skipfire to known Hive-space. Tell our captain that you will escort him. Enclosed is an encrypted message to him authorizing the escort. Non-Hive ships escorting a Hive ship is considered a great responsibilty to us so do not be offended by this seemingly insignificant task.

When your ship enters Hive space, we ask that you remain on our fringe. From there, I believe we can begin procedures for a full alliance.

It is good to hear from the University again, Academician.
--------------------
Hive Ambassadorial Ship: Seeker of Truth
Enroute to Sol System

Xiero ambassador Krissg Sillk typed out his greeting to the Terran governments on his way to the Sol System. As per the Terrans request, Minister Zell assigned Sillk to handle the Terrain affairs.

After he was to contact the Terrans, he would send a message to Minister Ehud and Minister Shirlak reporting on his position.

Only a few more hours until meeting the famed Terrans of old.
--------------------
Firaxis Prime
In orbit

Hive commander Naroun Felchek watched the multitude of ships enter the atmosphere of the famed 'World of Trees'. The viewscreen showed vast amounts of ships from all parts of the galaxy leaving the planet, landing, or staying in orbit. Truly impressive, I must say.

Suddenly, the com flashed indicating that the encrypted code they were waiting for was being sent.

"Sir, we are receiving the confirmation code given to the Laekdaemon Cadre."

Commander Felchek nodded without turning around.

"Send them our confirmation. As of now we are under the command of Major Lysander of the Laekdaemon Cadre."

To: Laekdaemon Cadre representative

As ordered by our lord Emperor Yang, we have come here to help in your uprising against those who would ally themselves with the Spartans. We have been given specific orders that state his majesty power of authority shall be extended to Major Lysander. Note: if orders are given to betray our Empire, we will not obey and will leave Lysander's command. A report will be sent to Hive command as well of any anti-Hive activity.

We await Lord Lysander's commands.

Hive Task Force:
2 ships/250 men
20 Hive officers
10 Hive security social engineers
20 Hive assassins
30 Hive saboteurs
120 Veteran Hive soldiers

Last edited by Frankychan; March 12, 2002 at 21:16.
Old March 12, 2002, 21:12   #129
Lonestar
inmate
King

Gaian Base Moonstone, Moon of Hive Planet #9(Name unknown to Protectorate)

Stoneham looked out at the moonscape and smiled. Off in the distance, the 50 km long "catapult" launched another Canister of cargo into orbit. The oppurtunities were perfect.

Stoneham reached down and lifted up his Motherbox, a small handheld Nanocomputer that was tooled excusively to his genetic code. Dispite this clearly non-reg computer, he looked like your average Gaian, with a distinct air of shabbyness about him. He blended in.

This was his specialty, he was a "Ghost" of Ubiqtorate, the Protectorate's Intelligence Arm. He had originally infiltrated the Gaians, and in the past 10 years had risen through enough security levels to make it to a Gaian Base within the GHE. He remembered his orders that Motherbox recieved not too long ago.

Prepare Sabotage scheme JMS-12. Do not activate unless you recieve further orders.

JMS-12, he thought. Taking a page out of the Lord Protector's Rise to Power. Finding sympathetic Gaians hadn't been difficult, and a rudimentary scan (he was a P4, and had undergone treatment which made his telepathy invisible to genetice scans) had proven they were all legit.

Another Canister was launched. He smiled again. What a fantastic first strike!
Old March 12, 2002, 21:59   #130
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Side-show to the Big Show
Morgan Interstellar, Marchand Plaza, Military Offices, Office of General Commanding

The General Commanding, Albert Marchand, was an old man. He was about four hundred years old, in fact. He was kept alive on the Longevity Vaccine, and so he did not look his age. But what would a four hundred year old man be expected to look like? Albert Marchand looked to be scarcely out of his sixties. He was a round, short fellow, but he had a commanding presence. He had a quality that was unmatched by just about anyone else. It was that he was both a tough old man, and yet a very kind and gentle individual. This quality endeared him to his men in a special way. It could be said of Albert Marchand that his men truly idolized him.

His office was large, oval-shaped, quite like Morgan’s. Most Morganite offices were very similar in appearance to Morgan’s own office. All were oval shaped, had large windows to each side, had remarkable large green marble pillars in their centers, and for the most part had much the same trimmings. In a way then, all Morganite offices were virtually identical. As CEO Morgan himself had said, “Duplication is the key to the success of any company.”

Marchand’s office was different in the sense that his was decorated with medals and bronzes and models and the like, all with a militaristic theme. His interest in the military was an interest that spanned throughout all the ages of man. When he thought up his invasion plan of Capella, he was trying to develop it as Hannibal had developed his invasion plan at Cannae, or at least how the Parthians had developed theirs at Carrhae. Marchand was totally enveloped in military history and tradition, and it showed.

One of the few things Marchand loved more than military history was the actual feel of battle itself. Like most feelings that creep up suddenly on individuals, it was hard to explain. It was as if all the blood in his veins had suddenly turned to pure energy. It was exhilarating and he loved it. Few Morganites had tasted battle as often as Marchand, and fewer had tasted victory as often. Marchand rarely lost a battle that he was present at in the flesh. It had only happened once, a minor defeat during the campaign to put down the Cepheleen rebellion on Castor C, ‘Xerxes’in 2681. He blamed it on his old age and on the slow transport he was provided. The next day he won a decisive victory, however, and the loss was forgotten.

Marchand had fought many brilliant fights. In 2445 on Chiron he’d defeated combined attacks by Cultist and Data Angel forces on his scout team that had been sent down to Planet to see what was left of it. In 2556 he managed to hold Morgan Mines against relentless Bree assaults during the 40 Years War. In 2681 he was sent to put down the rebellion of the Cepheleen natives of Castor C. It was with this rebellion that CEO Morgan was finally convinced of the need for a permanent standing army. Up until the time, Morgan had always sent hastily recruited forces into battle, not until the Cepheleen rebellion was there too much need for such an army. Even now, Morgan was hard pressed to scrape up a more adequate army. Only the 1st Corps had been used before, and the 2nd and 3rd Corps had to be recruited and trained when the war on Terra began. Besides small militia units and the Independent Division (a 10,000 man unit of veterans, colonists, and Cepheleens based wholly in the Castor System), Marchand had literally no support to give to the men in the field, and this troubled him. But, after all, the Morganites never could raise huge armies.

Now General Albert Marchand, the “grand old man of the army”, hungered to be allowed to go into battle just once more, but this was unallowable. He was much too useful to Morgan, and much too old, to be allowed to go into battle. Still, his men were actually managing to accomplish great achievements (with the help of the mercenary Soldiers of God). Marchand was bothered, however, by the war. From the beginning he had not advocated it, but once in it he gloried himself with it. He did not believe, however, that he could manage a war with Terra. The Bree were one thing, but the Terrans were too close for comfort. They could muster far more men and arms then Morgan ever could.

“Morgan’s having to shell out credits to get men in the field, now,” said Marchand to himself, running a finger through his white side-burns, “First we buy Soldiers of God, and now these barbarians.”

“Sir?” asked Major Garrot, making her way towards the General with the latest reports on the actions against the guerilla-like remnants of the Terran army around Capella. Marchand looked up at her from his computer console. She stood before him in her neat yellow uniform. Marchand remembered this girl when she first came to work at the Military Offices, no more than a child of 18. She didn’t look all that much older this day.

“Ah, Vickie, I mean these Novans. The CEO wants us to purchase the use of a battle squadron of them to protect our mining colonies and space stations near the borders with Sol. I frankly can’t see the use in it. The Novans, like all Pirate Clans, are just a bunch of cut-throats and thieves. Joe Nova would jump his own mother if she had enough credits on her…”

“But I’ve heard they fight well, General,” said Major Garrot softly.

“Oh yes, they fight better than we do. That’s just the problem. What if they just decide to take our price and jump in and take the whole bloody system?”

“I think they have a better code of honor than that.”

“I should hope so. I brought the matter up with the CEO, but he’s confident that the Novans are trustworthy if we pay them well enough. You know how he is… ‘and if they don’t hold true to their promises you can gag me with a spoon and box my ears with nano canisters'.”

“Quite, General,” responded the Major, with a laugh. “I’ll prepare the message for sending, sir, with your permission.”

“Permission granted, Vickie.”

Capella System

A small Morganite supply ship floated through space towards Terra Nova, which was, by now, surrounded by hundreds of Morganite and Believer vessels. They were formed around the planet in a protective ring. There were several large and dangerous Terran ships on the loose. One could never know where they’d pop up next. They fought in a guerilla style, terrifying the life out of the crews of such transport ships as this small supply ship.

Identify yourself please, hailed a Morganite destroyer known as The Bringer of War, which was stationed in the area.

The response came as, Morganic Supply Transport Ship AA312-79.

Follow me returned the Morganites. The large Morganite destroyer turned itself about towards Terra Nova and led the way down to the landing bay section of the main complex. As it passed down through the heavens towards the planet, the supply ship went passed the blockade, moving past the main section of the Morganite fleet. To the ship’s right sat the Morganite flagship The Hammer, the very joule of the Morganic fleet. In all likelihood, Admiral Vallachi himself was aboard. To the left of the ships sat two Believer battleships, The Breath of God and The Path of God.

Here, the Morganite destroyer suddenly received a crackley message from the transport ship. Morganic Supply Transport Ship AA312-79 commandeered at sixteen-hundred hours by Terran boarding party commanded by Lieutenant Frea Samson. Go to hell you Morganites. After firing a shot at the destroyer from it's single gun, the transport ship suddenly turned to the right, flying straight towards the Morganite flagship. It was by pure luck that the second shot fired by The Bringer of War blew the captured supply ship to pieces.

ENCRYPTED VISUAL TRANSMISSION:
TO: Joe Nova, Novan Clan

Greetings,

It would suit us (and we trust it would suit you also) to do business in the manner described below. As you know the government of Morgan Interstellar and the government of the Terran Alliance are currently engaged in a state of war. A relatively unprotected area of the Morganic territories is the systems closest to the Sol borders, the area known as the Co-operate Sector. The question is, would you be willing to send a good sized body of troops and ships to protect the colonies and space stations in the region from possible Terran assault? If so, what would be your going rates on this? It would be very much appreciated if you could respond at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you very much,
General Albert Marchand,
On behalf of CEO Nwabudike Morgan and Morgan Interstellar
---

QUAD-ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION:
TO: The Officials of the Greater Hive Empire

This price suits me very well. Enclosed with my message is a copy of the complete strengths and organizations of the Army of Morgan Interstellar, her mercenary forces, and her independent militia units. Also enclosed is the bank account into which you can cede ownership of the one metric ton of valuable minerals in payment. Thank you for the opportunity of doing business with the Greater Hive Empire. May you prosper.

MorganNetDaily.com
All the News a Morganite Needs
Pg. 1
Sunday Edition

TERRA NOVA OURS!—The Terran stronghold of Terra Nova in the Capella System has finally fallen to our brave men at arms, namely the 2nd and 3rd Corps, and a corps of Soldiers of God infantry. After the horrific space and land battles last week, the command complex of the Terran magistrate on Terra Nova fell, but it was not until early this morning that the last stronghold of the enemy forces on Terra Nova fell to our hovertank brigades. Unfortunately, the losses of our men in this morning’s raid on the enemy fortifications was fairly high, though no where in proportion to those who died in last week’s battles. 35 men are confirmed dead and over 60 wounded. However, this great victory simply cements Morganite control in Capella and brings us yet another step closer to bringing to justice the government of InEn… READ FULL STORY

WILL PRICES IN FOSSIL FUELS SKYROCKET? So say the analysts for MorganNetDaily.com… READ FULL STORY

EDITOR’S COLUMN—In his weekly editorial, MorganNetDaily.com’s editor will delve into the history of the Terran Alliance to tell us what makes them tick. READ FULL STORY

MORGANLINK INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT—Now available to read on-line, the transcript of last’s night’s MorganLink3DLiveInterview with Mrs. Sonia Rabinowitch from the Saturn Kingdom on the diplomatic status in Terra-held territories. READ FULL STORY

TRAITORS AMONG US?—Is it possible that within our own government there may be groups of Terran spies and supporters willing to sell vital information to our enemies? The man with the biggest links to any such groups, Mr. Gervaise Binstead, has vanished without a trace. Has he gone into hiding to elude Morganite retribution? READ FULL STORY

CEO MORGAN TO SPEAK AT CONFERENCE IN UNIVERSITY TERRITORIES—CEO Morgan has accepted an invitation to speak at a conference entitled ‘Prokhor Zakharov: The Story of A Genius’ scheduled to be held at the capital city of the capital planet of University Territory in ten months. Other speakers will include… READ FULL STORY
---

Last edited by History Guy; April 13, 2002 at 11:39.
Old March 13, 2002, 02:07   #131
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Firaxis Prime

As the message from the ships the GHE had sent him flashed up on the screen, Lysander felt as surge of confidence, which increased when he saw what they had actually sent. He dismissed the warning about betraying Yang, he had no wish to do that anyway.

Encrypted Transmission

TO: Hive Task Force

I am pleased to see that the assistance promised by your Emperor has arrived at last. You need not worry that I would order you to betray your Empire, I have no reason to. We will jow need to proceed (quietly) to the Cadre system, and wait outside sensor range. I must first ascertain from my followers there what the situation is. Once this is accomplished, I will decide what to do next.

The Hive commander nodded when he received the reply from Major Lysander. "Prepare to engage FTL drive." he ordered, before tapping a reply to the Cadre ship

Encrypted Transmission

TO: Lord Lysander

Understood, Lord Lysander. We will jump when you do.
Old March 13, 2002, 14:34   #132
Lonestar
inmate
King

The Palace, Nuevo San Antonio

War Minister Kolasklar pushed open the Mahogeny Doors and enter The Lord Protector's office. He stopped about two feet into the room. A bizarre sound was coming from Ian, something Kolasklar hadn't heard in years. It was...laughter.

"Something funny, Sire?"

The was a small Holo of Emperor Yang on his table. Still chuckling, Ian tapped a button on his desk and the Holo began to speak. As it ended, Kolasklar felt a grin stretch across his face. Ian looked like the man he had once been, those many hundreds of years ago for awhile. His laughter was contagious.

"'Conquering Planets while you were in the Children's Creche'...well Nishant, I am pleased to see he doesn't know our true history yet." Ian's smile flickered, and his eyes grew colder. "How many of our soldiers are resocialized?"

"15% sir. 4 Bodies weren't recovered from the LP-658 action, two of which were resocialized individuals."

"Well, that explains that." Ian hit the 'kill' button, and the Holo disappeared. "I haven't met such an arrogrant man since....Tarwater, I suppose. Have you spoken to General McCarty today?"

"I'm afraid not Sir. I was in a meeting with Tyler Stone all day."

Ian nodded, then remained silent for awhile. "I've spoken to Emperor Harresh, in the event of war between the GHE and the Protectorate, the Dosi Federation will come in on our side."

"They better, after the help we gave them repulsing that Progenitor Invasion."

"The Dosi have long memories, I had no doubt they would stand by us." Ian suddenly looked bitter. " 'Notice I don't put your title in front of your name, Ian'. At least I do not have aspirations of Godhood." His voice trailed off "Do you know how many times I have Gene-bath treatements, Nishant?"

"Uh..once every 40 years?"

"Never."

Kolasklar was stunned. "What...forgive me Sir...that's impossible."

"Yes, it is. By all rights I said be dust by now. But I don't look a day over 50, do I?"

"Sir...how did..??"

"A Obelisk on BH3 did something to me. Don't know what, exactly, but since then I've had 6 deviations from the Human Genetic code. I'm not even human anymore."

Kolasklar looked stunned. Ian continued.

"The reason why I haven't told anyone, other than Dr. Pym, is that unlike Yang I have no aspirations of Godhood. If I die tomorrow, I will die happy, just to see Jessica again."

Kolasklar still looked stunned. Ian sighed and said "Okay, enough small talk. Give me my daily briefing."
Old March 15, 2002, 16:31   #133
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 18:53
Saturn Kingdom Throne, Horizon Aida

“The Terran Alliance requests of us to pronounce war on the Morganites, as part of our duties as a member,” Myodin stood in front of the Queen, with his usual black robes and devilish-looking face. His thick black eyebrows and short beard contrasted his pale face. His black eyes stared at Maria.

“This is outrageous!” snapped the Diplomatic Minister Petrov. “We have just signed a Treaty of Friendship with the Chironian faction. Their diplomats are stranded on our world, as are ours on Morgan Interstellar. And just imagine our reputation if we break this Treaty, especially straight away?”

“And have the rest of the Sol system observe us as an oddity? Do you realise what the TA would do if we continued our little ‘alliance’ with MI? We used the TA to stop the Earthers but that support can easily disappear,” argued back Myodin.

“What about our energy markets?” questioned Anita’s deputy, Vionna.

“And technological trading?” asked Dr. Tanaka. Maria fidgeted with her hands and looked at Nicholas.

“Meeting is adjourned. I will inform you of the decision when it is reached. Mr. Popullos, I would like to see you,” she said as the personnel left the room, all except Nicholas. His green eyes sent a puzzled look to Maria. She smiled as she stepped off the throne and walked towards her private chambers. Her gaze suggested he should follow.

“You know Popullos, we haven’t had a proper conversation for some time now,” she started friendlily as they both sat down in hover chairs.

“Well, our Queen. I suppose both of us have been busy, along with all those events happening in this strange universe all around us,” he said with a smile.

“God, what is it with the human race?” Maria looked up, deep in thought, “I guess it is some deep longing to dominate, to crush the inferior. The so-called inferiors disappear in two variants – no resistance or full resistance. I guess in all situations, a little resistance and a firm vision are healthy,” she paused. “What do you think? What should be our next step to envision our grand scheme of things?”

“Well, erm…” he was baffled – this was very unordinary, the Queen discussing such things with a mere minister. “I guess some secret deals with Morgan could be made…” she gave him a glance and he stopped.

“Go on, go on! Feel free to express your opinion! I am just another human being like you!” she said with a smile. “As a Queen, I am surrounded by rivals, all wishing to seize my place. What is wrong with a little friendship?” He smiled and she continued. “I hope you and Ms Delitz are fine, about your descendant line and things…”

“What?” he outburst but she seemed too forgive him that.

“Don’t you know? You and Anita Delitz are having a male offspring. Congratulations!”

Farmatzia Private Hospital, 15 minutes later

She’s been trying to hide it for months but soon she would not be capable. The little child was growing inside her – she could feel him. The genetic scan showed a perfect human genome – no deformalities or significant genetic deviations of any kind. Possible carrier fields the child would excel at, as suggested by the computer, were military, administration and government. Anita wondered what their Queen would say about her future son.

She was sitting on a chair in small chamber, her doctor still looking through computer data. When he finished, he looked up: “All checks are fine. Do you wish to see him?” he smiled as Anita nodded. A small machine whirled around her swollen stomach and a 3D model of the baby showed up. The miracle of creation was in view, a little growing man. Nicholas slipped in the room quietly and moved closer to Anita. She clutched his hand tightly as she muttered, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks:

“This… is our son…”

Queen’s Private Chambers

Maria looked over statistics without concentrating on them. She was thinking about Nicholas and Maria, and couldn’t get rid of one fact about herself that she buried deep down – some day, after her death, a new monarch must rise, and Maria was infertile. She remembered all the battles over the thrones that were recorded in history. Her friendship with the future Popullos family would benefit everyone and she would even let their future son enjoy the status of a young royal, as she planned to use history’s example and be a Virgin Queen. The rest of her family had no other descendants. She looked at the image of her living uncle, descendant of the Bourbon family line, the ancient Spanish monarchy. “And yet, of all things, blood is still the thickest,” she thought as she changed the line of her thoughts.

Next step in her plan of a unified Saturn were the space habitation colonies of Inca, Maya and Aztec, all still under the thumb of EC. “Earth, oh Earth,” she thought, “why do you despise me?” She considered calling up Petrov to discuss this but she decided to do this later. The Morgan situation was far more important in her opinion.

“Special Diplo-Encrypt, computer,” she commanded and started a little game in between war and diplomacy.

ENCRYPTED DIPLOMATIC TRANSMITTION
SPECIAL: FTL TRIPLE-CRYPT
LABEL: URGENT
TO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Dear CEO,

As you are well aware, your assault on Capella means that every member of the Terran Alliance must support each other in a case of war. This appears to be such a case and a state of official Vendetta therefore will exist between our two governments for the duration of the war.

I personally am for a peaceful solution, that your faction and the rest of the Terran world sign at least a Truce, so that the two of us can continue good relations. I am saddened that all this has happened so quickly and both of our diplomats are stranded for the duration of the conflict.

Even more privately, we’d like to continue good relations right now. We will approach you with a FTL probe ship, and will present you a rather lucrative deal for both of us, through tech trading. Our team will negotiate this but we’d like to keep this visit unofficial.

I hope we both think in the same direction, my dear CEO,

Maria Sanchez

END OF TRANSMITTION

Only a second later, the computer announced a message:

“You have an urgent message from Forces Marshal Myodin.”

“Oh for God’s sake, what now?” shouted Maria into air as a holo popped up.

Saturnian Command Nexus

“Our Queen, I am forever sorry to disturb you at this moment in time but a very urgent matter has come up,” Myodin said in a most urgent hiss of speech as he sat in the chair that his Queen sat in just a year ago. The complex has been upgraded and refurnished so it looks like a proper Command Nexus. He looked at the holo of an annoyed Maria in front of him as she spoke.

“What is it?”

“Do you remember the unidentified body that was found in the central heating room of Dome 032? The Colony Computer has recovered some interesting data and much more,” he gestured towards a fatigue-looking Mr Sym, with his unusual looking black suit and a purple tie, who was surrounded by two guards.

“Marshall Myodin, who is this man?” she could faintly remember his face.

“He was with the Morganite diplomatic team, our Queen.”

“Why is he held captive?”

“I am feeding you the records computer found some time ago…” and in both rooms the replay of Mr Sym meeting another agent, whose body was later recovered in the heating tanks.

“…The data-disk you requested… Morganite military. Soldiers of God… included…”

And then Mr Sym strangled the man and dragged his limp body away in the direction of the nearby heating room. He quickly returned and cleaned up his tracks.

“Well… I must say this is very unanticipated,” Maria muttered while she still looked in the direction of the disappeared holo.

“Our Queen, what course of action should we take?”

“Keep the man captive until we negotiate this later on,” and she went out. Myodin’s black eyes held a fixed gaze on Mr Sym, to which the other smirked. Myodin walked up to him and asked angrily:

“What is so funny?”

“You Terrans think you’re so powerful. Yet you will all fall,” and he smirked again. Myodin gave a loud grunt and punched the man in his face. Sym fell out of his chair and groaned in agony as he hit the hard floor. His purple tie now had two drips of red.

“Do not EVER associate me with Earth! It’s filled with corrupt imbeciles like you! Once we unite this region of space, our power will hold no bounds,” Myodin wiped hand and sat back down.

Maria thought about Earth and the rest of Sol. Bad relations with the home system are not a good way of realising her plans. And the space habitation colonies around Saturn are still under control of EC. So she made a few more messages.

TO: President Henry Gerald Tremaine

Dear President,

We hope that, after all these events that have written the history of mankind, war, hatred, death, we can put aside our earlier squabbles and finally sign an official Treaty of Friendship. This Treaty would benefit both of our people and would lower the mutual distrust.

However there is one matter we still must discuss. Our sources report that the colonies of Inca, Maya and Aztec empathise with us and that our Kingdom has a great number of supporters there. I suggest that, in order to stop a similar bloodshed caused by our Titanian succession repeating itself, you hold democratic referendums on the people’s choice whether they desire independence from the Earth Coalition. I know you will probably dismiss this suggestion as an act of separatism but please consider the democratic ways the Earther civilization is supposed to be famous for.

Please consider this for the sake of humanity and democracy,

Maria Sanchez

END OF TRANSMITTION
Old March 15, 2002, 18:52   #134
Sovereign
Prince

Univeralis Prime
Tower of Babil

Academician Randius paced around his chambers, stroking his beard deep in thought after recieving Emperor Yang's reply. He continued pacing for a half-hour, then abruptly shouted to himself, "Yeah! I got it!"

He jogged quickly towards his desk and began banging away at the holographic keyboard, writing two messages at once. His energy wouldn't disspiate after he finished writing the messages after another half-hour had passed.

Encrypted tranmission to UCSS Enterprise
From Academician Randius Zakharov

Admiral Garland, I have recieved an personal tranmission from Emperor Yang. He agrees to allow you to escort the Skipfire to Hive territory. GOLAN XVIII calculated that there would be a 92.87% probablity that the Protectorate faction would attempt to destroy or detain the Skipfire if it lacks escort. I am enclosing an encrypted tranmission that you are to transmit to the Skipfire as it is an authenicity order from Emperor Yang himself.

When the Skipfire informs you it has reached Hive space, you are to stand by, within the fringes of Hive space. You may request the Hive ships there to assist in repairs to the Magellan and to refuel. You are to remain in that region until the alliance between Hive and UCS is more solidified. I will update you with new orders whether to proceed into Hive space or if you are to return to Univeralis now that your Hive-Search mission is complete.

Encrypted Tranmission to Emperor Yang
From Academician Randius Zakharov

Esteemed Emperor Yang, I sincerely hope we can work together to create an alliance second to none, and that would be what my father would have wanted. I thank you for your condolences and I am continuing my father's mission of exploration and research. I also hope that we can build similiar rapport between each other that you and my father once had.

I have sent the tranmission to my group and also enclosed your encrypted tranmission to Captain Fassini of the Skipfire as per your request.

I would like to propose an exchange of diplomats, establishment of embassies, and open trade between our two great empires to establish a solid foundation for our Pact Alliance.

One thing has been bothering me lately. The UCS Magellan was merely exploring and scouting an solar system, then suddenly the Protectorate decided to "eliminate" it. A ship of peace! They attack an peaceful ship then back down when my carrier the Enterprise and its two escorts appear to aid the Magellan. This has led me to wonder if the Protectorate faction engaged your empire in any hostile action?

In my honest opinion, the Protectorate is just looking for trouble, attacking anyone who they see. If you should ever engage in war with them, you can count on having my complete support.

I'll look foward to your next comminque.

Peace and Prosper.

Provost Randius out.

2 LY from Roving
UCSS Enterprise

Admiral Garland sat down in his leather command chair, in a somewhat relaxed mood after reading Academician Randius's tranmission. Captain Ryu stood at attention, inquiring "Shall we proceed?" Garland made a dismissive gesture, "You heard the big man himself. Do it. Also inform the Protectorate vessel the Cold Harbor we are withdrawing."

Encrypted tranmission to Hive ship Skipfire
From Admiral Garland, UCSS Enterprise

Captain Fassini, I have recieved a priority one tranmission from Academician Randius Zakharov. He has apparently had a fruitful conversation with your esteemed Emperor Yang, and Academician Randius recieved an encrypted message from Emperor Yang, to transmit to you the authenicity of the order to allow us to escort you to your territory. Both Emperor Yang and Academician Randius agree that Protectorate forces may ambush you and your fine vessel if you are not escorted. We are to remain in the fringes of your territory, until an alliance is fully in place. We must request refueling and repairs to our damaged vessel the Magellan. Any Hive assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Transmitting the encrypted message from Emperor Yang now.

Peace and Prosper.

Encrypted tranmission to Protectorate ship Cold Harbor
From Admiral Garland, UCSS Enteprise

Captain Omar Bradley, I am withdrawing my Carrier group. Could you foward the comm frequency for your faction leader so that our leader can contact your leader to establish relations and a peace treaty?

I am appreciative that we were able to avoid further bloodshed and unnecessary deaths on both sides. I sincerely hope that we may have a profitable and peaceful relations between our two factions.

Peace and Prosper.

UCSS Enterprise

Admiral Garland glanced at the ever-so-attentive Captain Ryu and sighed, "We wait again. I personally prefer quick action where everything is resolved quickly. The waiting game can sap even the greatest and strongest men to impatience."

Univeralis Prime
Tower of Babil

I have to get my mind off my father...

A display suddenly appeared out of thin air, with the code name 'Prometheus'. The display stated that the project was preparing for completion. Academician Randius summoned a shuttle to meet him at a landing facility mounted on the Tower of Babil's midsection. He commanded the pilot to take him to an ordinary looking asteroid in Univeralis Asteroid Belt.

Univeralis Asteroid Belt

Academician Randius suited up in a space suit, and with the pilot saluting him, Randius descended through the airlock of the shuttle. He was shot out of the airlock in a high speed pod towards the asteroid, but then a jelly-like substance shot out from the pod. Mere seconds passed before the jelly substance solidified into a cushion mass upon impacting the surface of the asteroid. The pod landed on the cushion with a soft squish, saving Randius from being smeared across the rock at three hundred kilometers per minute. He disengaged his harnesses and opened the pod's top and jogged across the rocky terrain. After several minutes of jogging, the project slowly rose across the horizon as the asteroid rotated around its equator. At first, all Randius could see was a jumble of metal rods and piping, as well as several bursts of light that were created by construction droids firing their pod-engines.

As Randius stood admiring the extensive construction facilties, an organic looking ship rose in view, connected to several dock cranes. The ship was divided into three sections. The first section was shaped like an elongated arrowhead with curved edges, with several calm looking smooth bubbes scattered over the hull. Randius knew otherwise. The bubbles actually housed the latest in Tachyon beam weaponary, as well as experimental Plasma shard weaponary. The second section was shaped like a extended tube that connects the first and third sections. It had several bubbles on it much like the first section. The lettering and the UCS symbol on the second section revealed the name of the ship to be U.C.S.S. Prometheus. The third section had three semicircular arches that begins at the main body and ends in a point a couple hundred meters above the main body. The main body had triple the diameter of the tubular second section. The third section housed three engine cores that powers each of the arches. The arches act as weapons by unleashing raw energy, in an improved version of older Yamato super-cannons used on Einstein-class battleships. There is a fourth engine core, in the exact center of the third hull that is mainly used for FTL propulsion. Randius stood there for quite a while, admiring the latest in UCS technology.

Randius comm'ed the docks, requesting a pick-up via a construction pod.

I have to see this incredible undertaking in more detail!

Another signal chirped in his headset, informing Randius that the ship is now preparing for its maiden voyage. He then comm'ed the sender that he would like to board the ship and oversee its maiden voyage. After several minutes had passed, the construction pod arrived to pick Randius up. It has three struts with robotic arms attached, with an orb at the center where the three struts meet, where the occupant sits and directs the three arms to do construction work. Randius jetted up to the top of the orb, and entered the work-chamber. The chamber became cramped with two occupants in a space intended for only one.

Randius commanded, "Take me to Station Myria."

The pilot obliged, using the new Mind-Machine Interface to direct the construction pod to Space Station Myria. The pod made several weaves and bobs as it dodged asteroid debris and waste from the construction site. After what seemed like eternity, it finally entered one of Station Myria's several landing bays.

Once the pod settled down on the ungodly strong Neutronium-Steel floor, Randius thanked the pilot and then hastily made his way towards the great double doors, that could easily fit thirty men side by side and ten men standing on each other, at the end of the bay. The doors creaked as they slid apart, revealing a busy corridor of robots and construction personnel rushing from the Prometheus, their tasks done for the time being. Randius quietly and discreetly made his way through the corridor, towards a command level Trak-Eleva. He entered the elevator and as it closed, he flicked a switch hidden in his jumpsuit. His face distorted from a bland everyday work crew-member to his real face.

These holo-face devices give me a headache, every time.

He vocalized a password and then the secure elevator began to accelerate towards the command center of the massive space station. After several minutes of three digit speeds, it finally arrived at the command dome. As the doors opened, the Admiral standing in the center of the dome shouted, "At attention! Our Academician is here!" then every single person in the dome stood up and saluted Randius.

Randius took in the sight, an impressive array of seats in a semi-circle, with holo-screens showing the status of every critical area of Myria, as well as construction sites surrounding it. There were steps downwards from where Randius stood, every few meters, to signify the importance of the stations with the top platforms holding the most critical ones while the lower platforms holding the least critical and the mundane stations. Each seat was made out of Plas-steel, with a strip of cloth running from the headrest to the seat, ensuring comfort yet keeps the occupant at attention.

Randius inquired the Admiral, "When will the Prometheus be ready for departure?"

"You can board the Prometheus immediately."

"Thank you Admiral Brackiss."

An lieutant led Randius to another Trak-Eleva, but this one was much more utilitarian, with wires and pipes exposed. It entered a tube that connected with the Prometheus, and as Randius looked out the window, he was met with an impressive sight. He saw dozens of huge metal objects with maws that glow every now and then, and after every glow he could see several objects emerge from the maw. The tiny objects were scooped up by a net-ship, shaped like a fisherman's net, with multiple nets layered so not to let the objects pass through. The net-ships skittered towards an asteroid, and as the ship landed on the asteroid, the objects detached themselves from the nets and walked to the columns of similiar looking objects on the asteroid.

On the other side of the tube, Randius saw several massive spidery structures that he knew to be shipyards. However, most of them were empty due to lack of resources to focus on building a huge shipfleet. Most of the resources were devoted to four projects, one of which loomed closer and closer to him.

After he finally arrived at the end of the tube, he exited the Trak-Eleva and entered an airlock. When he entered the Prometheus, he expected it to be staffed with officers, but was greeted with silence. He took several cautious steps inside the corridor, which still had a chemical factory smell to it. He became nervous when no officers appeared to greet him or guide him to the bridge.

Randius ventured a single word, "Hello?"

Suddenly, a disembodied voice, sweet and silky, greeted him.

"Welcome. I'm honored that you are here to oversee my maiden voyage, Academician Randius."

"Wait a sec... you said 'my maiden voyage'... so that must mean you are..."

"Thats correct, Academician. I'm the ship itself. I am its, or shall I say, my own sentience."

Artifical Intelligence, what a miracle that was thought impossible in Old Earth's final days. I have made it reality through my efforts...

Last edited by Sovereign; April 28, 2002 at 22:38.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2002, 21:58   #135
History Guy
King

Prolonged Response
ENCRYPTED VISUAL DIPLOMATIC TRANSMISSION:
TO: Menelaus of the Laekdaemon Cadre
FROM: Right Honorable Cornelius Walker, Morganite Foreign Minister

Menelaus, distinguished leader of the Laekdaemon Cadre, I must firstly apologize for the delay in responding to your government's transmissions. As I am sure you are aware, Morgan Interstellar has been...ah...rather busy at late, especially so in the Foreign Ministry. This message was originally to be sent by Mrs. Sonia Rabinowitch, but at the last minute she was transferred to control relations with Saturn.

I should be proud to announce that the CEO had decided to agree to all your terms. We will most certainly look forward to opening trade with you. Perhaps, even, you may do us a favor in the future. We of Morgan Interstellar wish to assure you that the news of your peace with our allies of the Spartan Federation comes as most welcoming, and indeed, most pleasing. We hope to hear more from you. We are sending a diplomatic team to your system in a matter of days.

Thank you,
Cornelius Walker,
Morgan Conglomerate,
Foreign Ministry
---

MORGAN INTERSTELLAR-MORGAN TO THE STARS!-WHAT GOES UP BETTER DOGGONE STAY UP!-

Last edited by History Guy; April 13, 2002 at 11:52.
Old March 16, 2002, 02:55   #136
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

ENCRYPTED VISUAL DIPLOMATIC TRANSMISSION:
TO: Morganite Foreign Ministry, Morgan Interstellar
FROM: General Menelaus, Supreme Leader of the Laekdaemon Cadre

Your apology for your slowness in replying has been accepted. We appreciate your agreement with us and shall await the arrival of you diplomatic team with anticipation.
Enclosed are the data-files we have compiled on Progenitor technology as promised. In addition, we are transmitting a map of our system indicating the current extent of our mineral reserves.

Regards, Menelaus
Old March 16, 2002, 20:29   #137
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Laekdaemon Central

General Menelaus sat in the Cadre Council chambers as his advisers filed in. “Well ladies and gentleman,” he said when they had all seated themselves, “you are going to have to run things without me for a while.”
“Then, sir,” replied Warmaster Leinin, “you will be leaving now to negotiate a treaty with the Free Drones?”
“Yes, Warmaster, I will be. This council will run the Cadre in my absence, but if any major crises occur, send a message to me at once. And I particularly want you to keep an eye and a half on Lysander and Co. We don’t know where he went, but his followers are still here and still a threat. Now, does anyone have any reports to present me with before I leave?”
There was silence for a moment before Leinin spoke up again. “Yes, sir, I have some reports to make.” He consulted his datapad briefly before looking up and going on. “The orbital shipyard expansion which we have been working on for the past two years is now complete, and we are ready to start on the prototypes of the two heavy ships that were designed some time ago. Our scientists are currently testing some new energy weapons for use in ship combat, though unfortunately they are too large and energy consuming to be used anywhere else. Raymond, what’s the status of our weapons production?”
“Well, sir, we have been able to finish constructing a new tank factory outside Athena Nova, which should be able to produce new chassis on a rate of 10 per day. In the last week we have manufactured another 1000 gauss rifles, and 800 new armour suits. Our surveyors have discovered a new mineral deposit on Laekdaemon VIII, and have added this to our charts. We have produced another new needle-jet squadron, which will be equipped with the standard armament of Gauss cannons and gatling lasers. On a related note, I would like to begin sending colonists to the moon of Laconia. There are some minerals there which would be very useful to us.”
“Go ahead, Raymond.” Replied Menelaus, “Anything else? Anyone?”
The others shook their heads.
“Dismissed.”

Menelaus strode into the Cadre launching bays with his bodyguards close behind. One of the workers there saluted him and pointed off to the right. “Your shuttle is over there, sir.” The man said.
Menelaus nodded and headed across. When he arrived the crew all saluted him and indicated that the ship was ready to go. He nodded at them and walked up the ramp into it. His guards and the crew followed him and the shuttle soon lifted off. About a quarter of an hour later Menelaus saw the five ships that would bring him to Vega, and the shuttle headed towards them. It glided into the hold of one of them, and the other ships formed up around it before the whole group accelerated away from the planet. After some time they engaged FTL drive and vanished from the system.
Old March 17, 2002, 00:56   #138
Lonestar
inmate
King

To: Admiral Garland(UCS)
Re: Communication frequency.

I have been authorized by the Lord Protector and Senate to give you to following information;

(1) Protectorate Diplomatic frequency # 32-2 (exact frequency in appendix.)

(2) In order to contact the Lord Protector, you are to send a message on said frequency to Roving.

(3) You are to remain five lys away from Roving. Any one of your vessels that approaches,especially cloaked, will be either destroyed or detained.

(4) Matters pertaining to trade and commerce will be addressed at a later date between the Lord Protector (or his representitive) and a representitive of your government.

This concludes our transmission.

Go With God.

War Minister Nishant Kolasklar
The Protectorate of Man
Old March 19, 2002, 18:50   #139
Frankychan
King

2 lyrs from Roving
Hive Corvette Skipfire

Captain Fassini stared at the massive University ship in awe. Moments ago they sent a coded transmission informing him that both of them were to head to Hive space. Hive decoders were working on the encrypted transmission at the moment.

A Hive technician called to the captain, interrupting Fassini's quiet awe.

"Sir, we have decoded the encryption...It's true, Hive command wants us to head toward Hive space. It has the Emperor's Personal Seal attached. Hive command also gives the location of our destination...planet Drone Mound."

Fassini continued to gaze at the University ship. I wish I commanded that. Captain Fassini turned around to issue his commands.

"Helm, plot a course to planet Drone Mound. I want three course corrections on our way there. We are going to stop at three locations before reaching our destination...just in case anyone decides to follow our flight vector."

The captain turned to the viewscreen one last time.

"Give the University ship our confirmation and the first set of coordinates to follow...we're in their hands now."

To: Admiral Garland, UCSS Enterprise

Admiral Garland, we have confirmed Hive commands authenticity. We have plotted a course that we will take that will take us to Hive space. We wait for your order to jump.
--------------------
Hive Prime
Emperor Yang's Private Office

Emperor Yang read the latest message from Provost Randius. Randius wanted diplomatic channels opened as well as embassies established. Yang planned on having planet Drone Mound as the official University meeting place. Sheng-ji also prepared the planet by personally sending ambassador's to the planet to welcome the University guests.

As the Emperor continued to read the Provost's message, his face darkened. Apparently the Protectorate was causing trouble to the University Commonwealth as well. So Protector, there is more to you than we see.

Yang pushed the com-button to begin recording his message to Randius.
Encrypted Visual Message
To: Provost Randius of University Commonwealth of States

Academician Randius, it is good to hear from you so soon. I agree that we should begin exchanging diplomats for the beginnings of an alliance. However, the establishment of a University embassy in my territory is one that troubles me.

The Hive Empire remains isolationist and therefore, we value our privacy. I have taken the initiative of having one Hive world on our fringe designated as the site of a University embassy. The planet's name is Drone Mound.

I believe we should move slowly with a full alliance for both of our governments sake.

As for your observation of Protectorate incidents, I thank you for this bit of information. It will be...useful to us. (Yang's glance trailed off-screen for a second).

I hope that we can meet face-to-face one day so that we can personally meet each other.

Yang out.
--------------------
Hive ambassadorial ship: Seeker of Truth

The Seeker of Truth exited from FTL space into the legendary Sol System, the birthplace of the Emperor.

Ambassador Sillk felt slightly agitated as he stared out the viewport. He couldn't wait to meet the acclaimed Terrans of old.
The pilots voice suddenly filled the cabin.

"Ambassador Sillk, we have spotted our communications ship, the Watcher's Eye. We will be heading there shortly."

Sillk nodded in content, then reached over to the comm.

"Pilot, as soon as we are within range, transmit our message to the Terran goverment via the Watcher's Eye.
Encrypted message
To: Terran Government
From: Hive Ambassador Sillk, via Hive communications ship

Terran government, I am Hive ambassador Sillk. I will be conducting our negotiations between our two governments. I must speak with your commanding officer as soon as possible. We must discuss Morganite aggression.
--------------------
Hive Patrol Ship Darkdance
System Wu345

The Darkdance's sensors scanned the wreckage of the Hive cargo vessel. Analyses of the wreckage recorded stated that Fusion weapons were used to destroy the ship.

The Xiero captain shook her head.

"Fusion weapons. Our cargo ship didn't have a chance. Are there any bodies?"

One technician turned to the captain.

"No sir, not even a body part floating around. Sensors indicate no organic matter anywhere."

The Xiero snorted, "It's like the crew vanished."

After contemplating the next course of action, the captain issued her command.

"We're leaving, record what you can. I want this reported to Hive Command. Something's wrong about all this."

Minutes later, the Darkdance engaged in FTL.
Old March 20, 2002, 00:25   #140
Lonestar
inmate
King

The Chesapeake, Roving

The Chesapeake tugged the battered San Jacinto to the Beaumont Repairyard that had been built in orbit of Roving 3. The Monstorous 2.5 km Battleship. actually larger than the new Goliath Battleships was a dominating sight.

Captain Christopher Acosta took the time the examing the records of the trespassers. Like the San Jacinto, the Chesapeake was part of the last generation of Protectorate Warships that didn't incorporate Dosi technology. Odds were that the University Vessel's missiles would have done as much damage to his ship's hull as the San Jacinto.

He has still confident the Chesapeake could have destroyed the intruders. Still...the events of this past year had been unnerving. The Protectorate may have to take more aggresive actions if they were to avoid being destroyed by the Chironians or the Terrans.

Acosta glanced at the viewscreen. It showed several ships in orbit. The Tactical overlay indicated 15 battleships had arrived in the Roving system in the last 24 hrs, and 22 Crusiers, mostly light, in the past 30. Massive Orbital batteries were underconstruction.

Acosta's lip twitched, thinking of the GHE and the UCS. What would it be like, he wondered, To unify all of Homo Sapiens?.

-------------------------------

To: His Imperial Majesty Sheng-ji Yang the 1st
Re: Roving Incident

Your Majesty, I must say I am distressed, distressed, I tell you, that you behave in such a manner. Such actions are not befitting the ruler of a great empire.

Fortunatly, your Empire is unremarkable.

For someone who cherishes his isolation almost as much as we cherish ours, you men were very eager to intervene in our affairs. The University vessel, as I'm sure you know by now, entered a Protectorate Holding, cloaked, and attempted to crack into our encryption net. We both know you would quickly order your Defense forces to destroy a ship that attempted such a thing in your Empire, so why would you be so quick to stop us?

Well now, your Majesty(exagerated sarcasm) I must admit I hadn't expected you to be so quick to show emotion. I have gone over your profile from the Unity mission, and more than a bit puzzleed by your reactions. Perhaps you are getting senile in your Old Age.

Old Age...That reminds me. Your comment, "I was conquering planets while you were still in the childrens creche", do me the favor, and when your diplomatic mission lands on Earth, look up information on the Texas Republic's Endeavor mission. You also might want to look up the Battles of the 2nd Mexican War, specifically the organizer of many of the Militia Units around San Antonio.

You will find I am not as big as an upstart as you think.
Old March 20, 2002, 19:40   #141
History Guy
King

A Walk in the Rec
Recreation Commons, Central Plaza Area, Morgan Interstellar

CEO Nwabudike Morgan strolled through the elaborate gardens of the recreation commons of Morgan Interstellar, soaking up the artificial sunlight from the large sunlamps suspended above the glass dome so high above Morgan and all the trees growing about him. This day he was another year older, but he hardly noticed it, the years passed so quickly when he was under the influences of the Longevity Vaccine. It was still cold outside the rec-commons, of course, but inside it was warm, quite pleasantly so, in fact.

This warmth is something these plants need, reflected Morgan, they couldn’t survive long outside the recreation commons. The only problem with the planet chosen for the headquarters of Morgan Interstellar was that the soil content wasn’t very good, Earth and Chiron vegetables could not survive long outside the protective domes of the cities. The prime reason for the choosing of Cyrus as headquarters planet in Morgan Interstellar was the excessive mountainous regions along which energy was so easily trapped. The seas were also rich in minerals that could prove very pricey when sold abroad. Then, there was the air...Cyrus was thus an ideal place for a full-scale colonization effort, especially for a government based on commerce and industry like Morgan Interstellar.

Morgan hadn’t paid a visit to the rec-commons since the start of this damn-fool business with Terra, and so he’d forgotten how wonderfully pleasant they were. As he walked through the crystal garden commons of the large rec-complex, he tried his best to ignore the security men lurking behind the many trees, watching Morgan’s every move and the moves of everyone about him, and focused on the others enjoying their time at the rec-commons. There were two elderly patricians sitting underneath a palm playing a game of chess with ivory chess pieces, while sitting nearby in the verandah alcove a man and a woman ate and talked.

After a few minutes of walking about the plants and sniffing the flowers, he saw a familiar couple chatting idly near a copse of pines. They held each other’s hands and looked deep into each other’s eyes as they spoke to one another. Morgan chuckled as he saw them, Ben Ewell and Sophie Carstairs. The two were recently engaged to be married, and Morgan wished them all his best. Turning about, Ewell spied the CEO. At first Ewell looked quite embarrassed, but Miss Carstairs gave the CEO a wave, shouting, “Good afternoon, CEO!” Ewell quickly put on a smile.

“Ah, good afternoon Sophie, Ben, how are you this fine day?” asked the CEO, advancing towards them.

“All is well, CEO, we’ve got the dates set up for the wedding and all, sir. In two months, the 14th of May, at St. Benedicts,” responded Ewell.

“Splendid. I’ll most certainly be present, my friends,” said the CEO, taking a seat at a table beside them. They also sat down. Morgan made friends easily. He had the charm, the money, and usually the time to do so. Furthermore, Morgan called everyone his “friend”, he even referred to some of his political opponents in this way, and so, despite his ruthlessness in most political and commercial matters, everyone who knew him soon came to like him over time.

“We’re glad to hear it, CEO,” responded Miss Carstairs, speaking for poor Ewell. “I understand it is your birthday today, CEO,” she said after ordering a lemonade from a passing porter.

The CEO laughed slightly. “Ah yes, birthdays. Every year they give me a huge silly party and I’ve forgotten it even happened by the next day. Don’t tell Miss Kwan this (Miss Kwan always sets up these things), but I hardly notice ‘birthdays’ anymore.”

After a laugh, Miss Carstairs asked, “How old are you, CEO?” Mr. Ewell looked slightly embarrassed once again.

With another of his laughs, the CEO replied, “Miss Carstairs, you obviously haven’t been around men much in your time, otherwise you would no that one thing never to ask a man is ‘how old are you’. But seeing as you are such a wonderful girl I’ll tell you…696 years to the day. In other words, I’m the oldest bugger about…at least in Morganite territory!” Morgan took a seat beside the couple as the drinks arrived. After a sip from his drink and said in a low voice, “Six hundred and ninety-six. Heavens. I’m that old, am I? When I was born, attaining that age was a scientific impossibility. Now, however, anyone with the money can do it. Six hundred and ninety-six…Good Lord…When I was born in 2005, 696 years separated me from the late 1200s. 696 years separated me from the French rule of Sicily, the last several Crusades, and St. Wenceslaus. My word, I am old, aren’t I? Now 696 years separate me from several hundred nasty wars on Earth, from the Sahara Burst Wars, from my diamond mines, from my family…It’s remarkable. I don’t feel old at all.” Morgan thought to himself a bit, not really too sure where this was leading him. “I’m sorry,” he said, “Excuse my mad ranting. Next I’ll probably be frothing from the mouth and several old women will shout to the security men, ‘Old dog! Old dog!’” he said with a slight chuckle.

“You aren’t old, CEO,” said Miss Carstairs with a smile, “Or at least you don’t seem it to me…or to anyone else. You just have an impressive bunch of numbers to boast about. You’re a very lively fellow, as everyone knows.” Morgan gave another laugh.

Ewell, feeling a bit left out, moved his chair a little closer with the odd words, “Oh, rather.”

“Now, look, you shall both have to meet me at Rudolpho’s this evening for dinner,” said CEO Morgan, suddenly. “I must have lunch with Imran and Temple and talk over politics and strategy today at 1:30, but if I didn’t I’d take you two to lunch, but it’ll have to be dinner, I think. Is this alright?”

After thinking on it, Ewell said, “I suppose so, CEO. Is it alright, Sophie?”

“Yes, Ben.”

“Splendid,” said the CEO, “How’s 7:30 sound?”

"Rather good, I should think."

"Oh excellent. By the way, Ben", said Morgan, leaning a little closer, yet another friendly smile playing about on his lips, "We'll be having new openings soon for higher offices in the commerce department. How would you like to be put down on the list for the guys to hire? It'll pay better, and I'm sure you'd like to take a break from being about good old Mr. Delgado and those grease-paint eyebrows of his..."

TRI-ENCYRPTED DIPLOMATIC TRANSMISSION
TO: Queen Maria Sanchez, Saturn Kingdom

My Dear Queen M.,

It most certainly is most unfortunate that what looked like such a promising political agreement had to end so dismally. I trust, however, that in a short matter of time this war will be long past, and our friendship may continue.

I hope that your kingdom’s association with my government will not damage your reputation or even put you in any danger whatsoever. It is most unfortunate that at this time this distressing business must arise, especially in the case of the birth of your fledgling society. It is also most unfortunate that, as you say, our diplomats are marooned in each other’s territories, unable, it seems, to move for the duration of the war. I fear that sending back Miss Sofia to you kingdom would either 1) put her in danger of accidentally being shot down by the Terran Alliances fighters en route to Saturn, or 2) damage your reputation and make things appear to show Miss Sofia to be a traitor to the Terrans. Either case would be a very sad and unfortunate thing, which we both must strive to avoid.

As for possible covert trades during this war, they would be quite possible. I think that if you are willing to take the risk they might prove beneficial to both our governments. If proper protection against discovery can be made, then I suggest opening these agreements at the earliest possible time.

I trust I find you in good health, Queen Maria.

I remain,
Graciously yours,
Morgan
------

Last edited by History Guy; April 13, 2002 at 12:02.
Old March 24, 2002, 23:16   #142
Sovereign
Prince

2 LY from Roving
UCSS Enterprise

Admiral Garland sighed. He had just finished reading the two messages, one from the Protectorate ship the Cold Harbor, and the other from the Hive ship the Skipfire. He signaled Ship to Ship Comm Officer Mulahoney to compose a final mesage to the Cold Harbor and another message to the Skipfire. He also instructed Mulahoney to inform the UCSS Einstein and UCSS Newton to assume escort duty of the Skipfire as soon as the group got underway.

Encryoted Tranmission to Captain Omar Bradley, Cold Harbor
From Admiral Garland, UCSS Enterprise

I have recieved your reply and your comm frequencies. I shall foward the comm frequencies to the leader of UCS to hopefully initate peace talks. We are now withdrawing, as a gesture of goodwill. It is my sincere hope that we will be able to co-exist in peace, rather than war.

Peace and Prosper.

Encrpted Tranmission to Captain Fassini, Skipfire
From Admiral Garland, UCSS Enteprise

I have recieved your proposal to be escorted to Drone Moud. I am informing my battleships to assume escort formation. We shall commence FTL shortly, and we shall follow your lead. We shall remain at Drone Mound as per Emperor Yang's request, until a more solidified alliance is formed.

Peace and Prosper.

UCSS Enterprise bridge

Admiral Garland commanded, "Initiate tractors on the Magellan, and prepare for FTL." The crew obliged, engaging in a frenzy of action and shouts.

The Enterprise slowly began to inch foward to the crippled Magellan, and slowly tractored the Magellan to the Enterprise's largest docking bay with green energy beams. The energy reacted to the Neutronium hull, creating an electromagentic field of attraction to the UCSS Enterprise, thereby pulling the Magellan towards the docking bay. Several minutes passed as the Magellan was carefully docked within the bay, and then the huge FTL drives of the Enterprise hummed to life.

The Skipfire needled into nothingness as it engaged its FTL drive. The three massive UCS ships followed suit a millisecond later. The space looked so empty with the absence of the trio of massive warships, where a huge and probably bloody battle would have occurred if not for the quick thinking on both sides.

The Enterprise and its two battleships formed a protective triangle around the Skipfire, to ensure that the Skipfire wouldn't come to harm easily. After a hour, the group arrived at the first destination coordinates, and then the Skipfire transmitted another set of coordinates. The group jumped into FTL almost immediately, and the another hour passed before the second set of coordinates were reached. The Skipfire transmitted another set of course corrections, and the group followed the Skipfire's lead. Yet another hour passed before the third set of coordinates were reached. Skipfire finally transmitted the final set of coordinates, Planet Drone Mound, and the grouip arrived a hour and half later.

As the Enteprise approached the planet, its features were striking, with green tinted oceans, with red landmasses and several huge clusters of clouds roaming the sphere.

Admiral Garland massaged his temples and debated with Captain Ryu, "That was a lot of jumping around like fleas attempting to escape a fercious itching by the dog. Thankfully our ships are more than capable to engage in such rapid FTL changes in course. I understand why this would be a viable course of action, but why all this cloak and dagger secrecy?"

"Perhaps it is because the Hive would prefer to keep its true strengths and weaknesses hidden, so to surprise enemies once war arises."

"Hmm... quite logical, Captain Ryu. We are doing the same thing, hiding our robotic units until wartime, and when enemies expect an easy conquest or victory would be sorely disappointed. I wonder if our esteemed Academician Randius is keeping that from Emperor Yang. Even alliances hide secrets, and to preserve an alliance, some secrets have to be revealed to each other to preserve trust and at the same time security."

Admiral Garland motioned to Comm Officer Mulahoney to send a tranmission to the planet.

Encrypted Tranmission to Planet Drone Mound
From UCSS Enterprise

This is Admiral Garland of the University Commonwealth of States. The War Carrier UCSS Enterprise and the escort Einstein class Battleships have successfully escorted the Skipfire to this location. Our orders are to stand by, and serve as a goodwill envoy. Our leader Academician Randius has authorized us to aid in defense if needed.

Peace and Prosper.

University Commonwealth eXperimental Starship Prometheus

Academician Randius relaxed in the leather command chair of the Prometheus bridge. He had just recieved updates from the Enterprise battle group, and a new tranmission from Emperor Yang.

The AI of the ship informed Randius, "I am now ready to depart on my maiden voyage."

"Engage."

The Prometheus slowly decoupled the Trak-Eleva tube and hummed to life. It began to fire its sublight engines, emitting the green glow of supercharged plasma, and the Prometheus deftly weaved and dodged through the masses of mines, assembly yards, and asteroids until it finally exited the asteroid belt.

Academician Randius inquired, "Are the new Excalibur reactors ready?"

"Affirmative. Engaging FTL drive now."

The Prometheus accelerated foward into FTL at twice the speed of ordinary vessels, and engaged its experimental Excalibur reactors. It reached record FTL speeds unattainable by any human faction ships previously.

"We are approaching 18 light years per hour. Approaching the Nova solar system."

Several hours later, the Prometheus made a wide semicircle around the Nova solar system to head towards the Zak system. Two hours later, the Zak solar system loomed in the holo-viewscreen. The ship, again, semicircled around the entire solar system in record time.

Randius asked, "Hey, can we FTL to the two new solar systems that are being colonized? Spira and Eden?"

"Affirmative. Estimated arrival to Eden is 5 hours, 46.8253 minutes."

"5 hours and 47 minutes? Impressive."

The Prometheus arrived at the Eden system, and as it circled the system, it used its experimental enhanced sensors to record data.

"Thank god we colonized and claimed this fertile solar system before anyone else even got a whiff at its existence. The Eden solar system is aptly named. I read three Earth-class planets, two Mars-class planets, four beautiful gas giants, and two ice planets."

The female voice interrupted Randius's musing over the data with, "Now we are proceeding to Spira. ETA 3 hours and 39.273 minutes."

Upon arrival in Spira, Randius began to scan the data rolling over the holo-screen. The Spira solar system was rich in minerals and resources, and had an excellent Earth-class world, home to three civilizations, the Guado, Al-Bhed, and the tiger Ronso. All are members of the University Commonwealth, being the only alien species in the University for the time being. However, several dozens of millions of University citizens moved to Spira in 2675, due to its paradise cities and landscape, as well as building stronger ties with the three native civilizations. As further information scrolled across the screen, it displayed that Spira also had three gas giants and four volcanic worlds similiar to the ones found in Zak. In addition, Spira had an arctic-class world, a much larger version of Pluto in Humanity's ancient birthplace, the system of Sol.

"Academician! My new sensors are detecting previously unknown ruins on the third gas giant, designated as Berrik. In addition, I am detecting solidified hydrogen in the general area of the ruins."

"Take a closer look! This may be of much use."

"Affirmative."

The Prometheus exited FTL near gas giant Berrik and spent the next couple of hours scanning the planet, analyzing its atomsphere, identifing elements present in the planet, mapping the rough locations of the ruins, and identifing solidified hydrogen deposits. Tremendous amounts of raw data were collected and stored in Prometheus's data tanks.

Prometheus spoke up, "Sufficient data has been collected for analysis on the homeworld."

"Take us home, then."

The Prometheus warped back into FTL tunneling, and in a half-hour, it arrived in the Univeralis system. It taxied past the asteroid belts, back to Station Myria. As it approached the Trak-Eleva tube, Prometheus readied its airlocks so Academician Randius would be able to exit the ship. A net-ship veered off course from a fabricator plant nearby and charged towards the Trak-Eleva tube that Prometheus was connecting to. After multiple frantic calls from the station command center ordering it to power down, change course, or kill its engines, the station powered up its weaponary.

Admiral Brackiss shouted, "We must protect the Trak-Eleva to ensure the safety of our Academician!"

The command center was in utter chaos.

People were yelling at each other.

The tachyon cannons opened fire at the rogue net-ship that was charging at an insane sublight speed of 0.7 lightspeed.

Missed.

Missed.

Missed.

Direct hit.

The net-ship lost its engines, and slowed down slightly to 0.5 light speed. But it was too late. Its momentum carried it towards the Trak-Eleva tube, and impacted with it. A spectular explosion ensured, and multiple shards of the ship flew in all directions. Randius was preparing to enter the airlocks when the impact shockwave shattered the Trak-Eleva piping for several hundred meters. The Trak-Eleva wasn't made out of Neutronium, rather it was made out of standard ceramsteel. However, the neutronium armor granted complete immunity towards projectile weapons, rogue asteroids, and rammings. However, the airlock was not made out of neutronium, therefore, it was smashed utterly. Only the interior airlock, made out of neutronium alloy prevented a hull breach. On the other hand, even neutronium armor doesn't block energy, so the shockwave continued through the neutronium hull unimpeded and threw Randius aganist the corridor wall.

What the hell....

Unconsciousness fell upon Academician Randius Zakharov.

Last edited by Sovereign; April 28, 2002 at 23:00.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2002, 06:09   #143
Frankychan
King

Planet: Great Collective
Communications Room

Ehud walked around the command table sipping hot Hiverian tea. The steam rose from the cup, dancing in front of Ehud's face. He watched Shirlak, who was making final adjustments to their plan.

Shirlak and Ehud decided to begin Hive operations on the Morgan world of Samnos. Its location next to Terran space made it ideal for a Terran-Hive invasion.

Shirlak stood up and dismissed a Hive official sitting next to him. Ehud took a sip from his tea while Shirlak reviewed the operation.

"Hive saboteurs weaken Samnos and Naxos defenses. Sensors and power supplies are to be disabled or destroyed. Next, Hive assassin's will terminate Morganite officials. After initial sabotage, our agents will cause widespread panic amongst the populace, preparing the way for invasion."

Ehud nodded in agreement while smiling behind his cup of tea. Finally.
--------------------
Morganite World: Samnos

The glittering Morganic city sparkled on Samnos. People everywhere were dressed in elaborate clothes and walked from one party to another.

Past the glamorous lights of the casino's and parties was one of the power suppliers to Samnos.

A hover-van drove up to the checkpoint and was waved through after security checks confirmed its identity. The van continued to drive until it approached the power supply complex. Five individuals wearing Morganite technician uniforms entered the main building.

Half and hour later all five men were killed.....an enormous explosion ripped the power supply complex apart, engulfing everything nearby in heat and flame.

At that moment a large portion of Samnos lost its power, blanketing much of the populace in darkness.

Last edited by Frankychan; March 28, 2002 at 17:05.
Old March 28, 2002, 14:36   #144
Cybergod
Prince

Voyna Zora Spacedock, Titan

Torres tapped the desk in front of him with his bonny fingers. The old hands showed their owner’s age and experience. The eyes have seen too much, the ears have heard what they shouldn’t have, during the Great Persecution, fighting for the revolutionary cause. He was expected to relax, being on the winning side, but holding and defending a world was a tenfold harder than to declare independence. His white beard and short hair, together with white buttons and medals on his uniform, contrasted the overall colour of his dark robes. And Torres’ old face never tired.

A hologram of his head-of-command popped-up and he listened.

“…must board the X-5 vessel. The detained spy will be shipped there, along with our probe team crew. They will carry confidential data, which means the latest crypting and anti-detection technology must be used. Understood?”

“Yes sir,” said a deep voice. ‘If the TA finds out, we’ll be in for some real bull….’ he thought to himself.

“And the other matter – prisoners of war. They must board the transport vessel that will head to Earth. Details are listed to you. Myodin out,” and the hologram disappeared.

Torres pressed a button on his desk and shortly the door to his right opened and light came into his dark office. A young oriental-looking officer, in blue uniform, entered without much sound.

“Officer Shantoi, you are to take care of our detainee. Transport him from his chamber to the X-5 vessel. Clear?”

“Yes sir,” an unusual voice, with no accent answered and stepped out of the room.

Mr Sym looked at the floor of his cell. It was metallic, newly constructed. ‘Specially made for me,’ he thought sarcastically. His face was showing signs of physical weakness, being stranded on this strange world of Titan, where nothing was like it seemed. ‘The twisted AI,’ he thought, ‘I should have given the damn thing a thought.’ Now, waiting to be executed upon arrival, he had nothing to do but hope, something completely non-existent to him.

Suddenly the heavy door of his cell pulled itself in, like any other biomechanical apparatus would, and a man in blue uniform walked in. He looked at Mr Sym blankly. He then pointed the psych whip at the man’s head and Sym felt a tingling sensation as the officer did a light search of his memories. Suddenly Shantoi disengaged the whip and analysed the data using his wrist pad. He smiled as he addressed Sym:

“I was hoping to find you in good shape Mr…”

“Sym,” the other man answered.

“Mr Sym. Well, the Emperor would be most pleased,” Sym suddenly jumped up. It was the Hive! They got through somehow. But why him?

“You will be an invaluable resource to the Emperor’s greater plans. Now you must come with me,” and the face turned to a cold stare, gesturing Sym should follow. They walked out of the cell, everyone assuming everything is ordinary, as Officer Shantoi was holding a psych whip in his left hand, suggesting everything was under control. As they entered a compact elevator, Sym couldn’t contain himself not no ask:

“I never expected you to find me here. But how did you bypass the colonial AI?! Surely you wouldn’t risk detection?”

“We searched for the source of the datastream you sent to us and we tracked you to this location. Our infiltrators did the rest. The Titans think that having a centralised security system is the best way to handle security. In fact, if our own teams can access the core of the system then all their efforts will be futile.” The door opened and they approached the cells where the prisoners of war were kept. In one cell, Kain looked up with a surprised expression to the officer who was pointing a psych whip fully loaded and waved in it his direction. The weapon did its work and Kain’s neural network completely collapsed – he was now no more than a body without a functional nervous system.

“Take his clothes and assume his identity until you arrive on Earth. Our teams will handle you there,” Shantoi said as his small wrist commlink flashed discreetly. He looked at it and then at Mr Sym, directly in his eyes.

“Mr Sym, it was a pleasure to meet you,” as he dragged the half-naked body off to the nearby disposal unit. It was to be treated as organic waste to be reprocessed in the Recycling Tanks. Mt Sym watched the man leave and then put on the clothes of the dead man.

“Good evening officer Kain,” Sym chuckled to himself.

TO: President Henry Gerald Tremaine

Dear President,

Forgive me for not waiting for your reply but I am just announcing that, as a gesture of our good will, all Earther people that were detained on Titan are scheduled to be returned to Earth in any moment now.

Please consider my earlier message,

Regards,

Maria Sanchez

END OF TRANSMITTION
Old March 28, 2002, 15:27   #145
History Guy
King

Revelation
Morgan Interstellar, Central Plaza, M.I.A. (Morgan Intelligence Agency) Building

The light switch of the office of Mr. Ku, head of M.I.A., Morgan Intelligence Agency, was suddenly, and violent yanked upward, filling the whole room with the dim glow that the small energy lamp produced. Mr. Ku preferred the lights to be dim, he always had headaches when it was much brighter than this. It was just right as it was now. That rather pleasant light greeted Mr. Ku as he entered his office and removed his small, tri-cornered felt military cap, and then his long gray coat, which he hung on the tall rack standing beside the door. He had just come back from an exhilarating war game with his second, Kao-Tsung. These war games were necessary in his line of war. As usual, Mr. Ku had won decisively.

Mr. Ku pulled back his leather chair at his little metal desk, and brushed aside one of his many copies of Sun Tzu, placing his MorganDeskTop in it’s place directly in front of him. After ringing up a secretary for a mug of green tea, he turned the computer on. After a few minutes of checking the transmissions sent personally to him, he saw one from one of the operatives in the Saturn Kingdom. The message read: “Something afoot, will send more info as thing progresses”. Ah well, it’ll have to be looked into. As he prepared to look onto some other things, Kao-Tsung made his way in, unannounced, without even so much of a knock. This greatly disturbed Ku.

“What in heaven’s name is the matter, Kao?!” cried Ku, jumping up from his seat. This had to be bloody well important…at least it had bloody well be bloody well important, or Kao-Tsung would be receiving quite an earful.

Slowly advancing towards Ku, Kao-Tsung said quietly, “I’m sorry to barge in, Mr. Ku, but we are receiving disturbing reports from the colonies of Samnos and Naxos, on the Terran border. It seems as if there was a terrorist attack on those two colonies. I thought you should know immediately.”

“Oh Lord…” said Ku, “What has happened now, child?” Mr. Ku referred to everyone younger than he as “child”. This included nearly everyone. Ku was, after all, a Chironian.

“Several unidentified terrorists managed to destroy the power plants of both Naxos and Samnos, plunging those colonies in total darkness for about 13 minutes before the back-up power was put on. When the light came on, we found what the terrorists had done.”

“Which was…”

“That they had murdered the Governor, Wzeloski, and his whole family. Right in their own quarters, it seems. All six bodies were found riddled with shredder fire in the living space of their quarters. It seems they were all herded into this one room and there they were all shot to death. And that wasn’t all, sir, it seems Colonel Taylor Nevins, defensive supervisor of the two moons, was also shot to death outside the military barracks. It seems that when the lights when off he ran down from his HQ to see what was the matter. An attempt was made on the life of Major General Marmion as well, but the terrorist sent to kill him came too late, for he prepared to fire as the back-up power came on, and he was revealed to Marmion, and several members of the staff. The terrorist’s shot ricocheted off the wall in back of Marmion, but the terrorist was shot dead by staff officers. It seems several other terrorists were found dead, but their corpses all were unidentifiable, as many had put a shredder pistol to themselves as soon as they accomplished their mission…those that hadn’t blown themselves up along with the power plants already…”

Mr. Ku sat for a few minutes in silence, thinking of what to do. This was pretty bad. It could have been worse, serious damage to the colony defenses could have been done. The Governor and the defensive supervisor, though, that was a heavy loss. Wzeloski was a very trusted fellow. He had always been a great supporter of the CEO, and a good friend to Temple. Temple, he’d take this news hard. As for Nevins, he was a good officer too. The Morganite government doesn’t place inept officers in command of anything. They may be decadent as hell, but they are no fools, thought Ku.

“I suppose what the first thing to be done is get the news to the CEO. We shall have a lot of work to do, weeding out the terrorists, finding their homes of origin…destroying them. It’ll be like old times, like what we did to the Cepheleens when they revolted. We hardly needed to toss a grenade, it was my boys who shut them down. The same thing for the Hive on Chiron. Morgan didn’t have to send his military in with the Spartans and the Coalition, M.I.A. was causing enough havoc in Hiveria to help our allies out…”

“You think that when we find out who’s responsible we’ll be sent in to damage their government?”

“If they have a government, this could very well be the work of a small gang, or a mafia group, or perhaps even groups like the Black Shadow, you know. Whatever it is, you can be sure that the government will ask us to send in our men to go do some very nasty damage. I suppose prime suspects are the Terrans…or the Hive, perhaps.”

“The Hive, sir? Do you think they are involved?”

“Almost certainly, I should think. After we intercepted the Earther’s little note to them we have to come to that conclusion. I hope not, though, I hate the Hive…That terrorist who tried to murder Marmion, was his body so badly shot up that he is unrecognizable?”

“No, thankfully. The staff officers only put several holes in the man’s chest, but his head was undamaged. There is thus a good chance that, if he is Terran or Black Shadow, or whatever, he can be identified. If he is Hive he may still be identified…”

“But that sort of thing will be much harder to do. How did you get this information?”

“Colonel Motyer, Morgan’s quiet little lackey, told me this on the way to the CEO. He wanted you to be one of the first to hear, as you will be the one who will be most useful in the counterstrike, if there is one.”

“Oh, Kao-Tsung, my child, I do not doubt at all that within several months whoever did this will be wishing he hadn’t…When CEO Morgan gets angry, God help anybody in earshot…”

MorganNetDaily.com
All the News a Morganite Needs
Pg. 1
Special Edition

TERRORIST ATTACKS ON SAMNOS AND NAXOS!: This evening the minor Morganite colonies of Samnos and Naxos (on the Terran border) were hit by a terrible terrorist attack that took the lives of 34 Morganite citizens, among them Governor Paulus Wzeloski and his family of five, Colonel Taylor Nevins, Supervisor of Defense, and Garret Reynolds, owner of a Morganite casino on Samnos that was hit by debris from the colony’s power plant, which was, like that of Naxos, blown up by an identified group of terrorists, who also murdered the Governor and his family and the defense supervisor. The suspects include the Terran Alliance, the Earth Coalition, InEn, the Greater Hive Empire, or the secretive group known as the Black Shadow. READ FULL STORY

EXODUS FROM NAXOS AND SAMNOS BEGINS: In light of these terrorist attacks, a full-scale exodus from the two moons has begun. Shuttles are already leaving the moons full of tourists and colonists alike. Many are convinced that the two moons will shortly be attacked by the Terrans, and that this terrorist act was merely the first stage. Samnos-based Transportation Officer Susan Kennedy says, “People are leaving Samnos like crazy, getting out as fast as possible, taking all their belongings, just so as they can get as far away from here as possible. They really think that this place is in very serious danger…” READ FULL STORY

RED ONE ALERT ON ALL TERRAN BORDER COLONIES: Major General Paul Lehman, second-in-command of all Morganite military forces, has announced this evening that all Morganite colonies bordering on Terran holdings are on Red One Alert, the highest alert possible. “In light of this very clear and present danger, this is all that can be done. Not only now are civilians leaving the area, but so is our own 1st Corps, which can not be endangered by being left in so perilous a position.” In consequence, security and military strength will be beefed up in the area. If it is attacked, Terra will have a heavy price to pay for it… READ FULL STORY
--------

BE PATRIOTIC! SUPPORT YOUR ARMY! BUY WAR BONDS! CLICK HERE

Last edited by History Guy; April 13, 2002 at 13:15.
Old March 29, 2002, 14:40   #146
Cybergod
Prince

Voyna Zora Spacedock, Titan

“Where is he?!?” Torres shouted across the room to the two submissives that were standing in front of his desk, who felt slightly intimidated by his voice.

“He is nowhere to be found. His cell is empty, the computer cannot detect him anywhere in the base, sir!” one of them cried. Torres turned a surveillance hologram on, showing various locations around the base.

“Security systems 95% online,” the computer voice crackled, after an hour of inaction. “The detainee is nowhere within the base perimeter.”

Torres was now both mad and fearful. Mad that he couldn’t execute the task properly without a setback. Fearful – wondering what Forces Marshal Myodin might do.

“Send after Officer Shantoi, he was meant to be in charge of the prisoner. Now!”

Officer Shantoi watched as the transport ship lifted off into the orange sky, securing his mission’s success. Suddenly claxons began to wail throughout the military installation. The AI security was back. It was time.

He spoke into his commlink on his wrist quickly and then destroyed it by repeatedly hitting it against the nearby wall until the electronics cracked. Then he pointed the psych whip to his own head as he spoke his last words:

“For the Emperor…”

“He what?!?” Myodin shouted at Torres. Maria was standing next to him, her face in a bewildered expression. She was wearing her unofficial violet robes.

“I told you sir, the systems were offline for a full hour. Detainee Sym must have sued this to his own advantage and escaped!” Torres defended himself.

“The task was your responsibility!” Myodin snapped and Maria interrupted.

“Gentlemen, it was probably not Major’s fault. The self-aware colony requires much maintenance,” She shifted her position and started walking around. “But is the rest of the probe ship crew in proper condition?”

“They only lack the detainee, but all data is triple-crypted and secure. Our weak stealth technology is implemented in the ship design, along with long and short-range scanners. However if the EC, TA, Morganites or anyone else decides to take a shot at it, they could easily destroy the weakly armoured ship. But the likelihood of such an event is ignorably low,” Myodin concluded.

“Good, good. Now what do you suggest we tell the CEO? His own infiltrators will probably tell their own version of the events. It would be much better for him to hear it from us than anyone else,” Maria asked Myodin.

“Our Queen, I’d suggest that you graciously should tell Morgan that his ‘diplomatic’ was involved in a covert operation in which an unidentified third party was killed and that he was planning, or possibly even found the time to do it, to disclose data on the Morganite army. You could even send him a recording of our fellow Sym in action.”

“Excellent suggestion Marshal! Now, for him to identify our probe ship, he should be sent its unique frequency Transmittion in a separate triple-crypt datastream, after my message to him. The probe ship will answer in that frequency and will cooperate with the Morgan intelligence centre. Captain Tyre must consult immediately with Minister Tanaka about the tech trade immediately. We will offer data on Advanced Bio-machinery and our weak experiments in Psionics, which I feel the CEO will find most interesting. Especially if we demonstrate the powers of the psych whip to him,” a small grin swept across Myodin’s face for a second and then Maria continued. “They should ask for anything involving Nanotechnology or Robotics. Those fields are the ones we require in our Kingdom’s development. Marshal you are to execute that task. Major, this incident will appear on your record but you are free to continue your job for now.”

“Yes, Our Queen,” both men saluted as they left the room.

SPECIAL: FTL TRIPLE-CRYPT
LABEL: URGENT
TO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Dear CEO,

I have matters of great importance to discuss with you.

Your diplomat, under the name of Mr Sym, was caught in covert operations in which an unidentified third party was involved. He tried and probably succeeded to divulge data on the complete Morganite Forces, not to us, but to an unknown third party. I send you the recording of Mr Sym in action as an attachment. However, Mr Sym is no longer with us and appears to have escaped our grip. He is now labelled as a fugitive on our lands. You will probably take your own course of action.

The probe ship, christened Quantum Shadow will lift off Titan soon and travel to Morganite space. They will broadcast from the frequency I will send you in a separate triple-crypted stream afterward this. We are willing to exchange data on Biotechnology/machinery and Basic Psionics in exchange for the latest you have on Nanotechnology and Robotics.

Best regards,

Maria Sanchez

END OF TRANSMITTION

Last edited by Cybergod; March 30, 2002 at 14:54.
Cybergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2002, 03:45   #147
Frankychan
King

Hive Prime
Emperor's Sparring Dojo

The opponent swung his massive right fist in a downward blow. Sheng-ji ducked, easily dodging the clumsy Bulwark. Yang wore only the sparring pants which flapped noisly as he moved with surprising quickness.

The Bulwark crumpled over suddenly, clutching his stomach in pain. No one saw the three consecutive blows the Emperor landed as he dodged the Bulwark's attack. Sweating, Yang walked over to grab one of the towels hanging on a wall.

"Get up, you can leave." Yang said to the Bulwark as it stumbled to his feet.

"Yes, my lord." The Bulwark replied and stumbled out of the dojo. Of course the Bulwark never had a chance; the match only lasted a few seconds. Sheng-ji had centuries to perfect hundreds of martial arts while the Bulwark only had his one pathetic life. This day in particular, Yang needed to stretch his muscles.

Reports came in that the campaign against Nwabudike and Morgan Interstellar had begun. Hive agents launched covert attacks against Morganite territory close to the Terrans. Shirlak and Ehud reported that the initial stages of the campaign went well.

But this news wasn't the cause of concern for Yang...it was the
latest message from Protector Ian.

The tone was very ominous, almost mocking. However it did have a great deal of information about the Protectorate that Yang found impressive. His momentary lapse of anger seemed to benefit him despite being out of character.

The message contained references to the so called Texan Republic and something called the Endeavor mission. Hive agents were looking into these records taken from Earth records pirated from their systems.

Senile in my old age. That's what Ian told Yang in the message. Sheng-ji wiped the sweat from his brow, lost in thought.

He goes too far. Time to make precautions.
To: Lord Protector Ian of Protectorate

My actions are none of your concerns. I may act however I please and do not need to justify them to someone such as yourself.

In response to your remarks on one of our ships saving a University ship from one of yours...True, we would destroy any ship trying to break into our systems but it wasn't our systems that the University infiltrated, it was yours. If your government's encryption net is that simple to decipher, I think it should have been hacked just to show your government how inept they, or more appropriately you, are.

Our government on the other hand, would not have this problem because we are much more careful than your bumbling officials seem to be.

I must say that my demeanor in the last transmission was a little out of character, but nevertheless, it has proven useful.

(Yang smiled smugly)

I grow tired of our....enlightening conversations Ian. So I make this fact aware to you:

You and your pathetic government are no longer welcome in ANY Hive territories. If any of your ships are spotted in my space, it will be considered most.....unwelcome.

The Hive Empire no longer considers the Protectorate an ally, Ian. Remember that.
--------------------
Planet: Drone Mound
Conference Room

Ambassador McBride reviewed the University message that came through recently. The planets governor, Governor Melkin, sat across from the ambassador in a lavish chair obviously bored.

Melkin sat forward. "Foreign ships arrive in the Emperor's space and we are to think that they are on a goodwill mission? Are these University people stupid?"

Ambassador McBride set his datapad down and shifted his gaze to the governor. "The Emperor has been looking for these people since our ancestors left the accursed world of Chiron. He considers them his allies."

Melkin scowled, "At least those people had the decency to leave our corvette alone." Sighing, the governor leaned back in his chair.

"Very well, ambassador, send them a message. I'll prepare one of our hangar bays for one of their shuttles arrivals."

Ambassador Melkin nodded while the governor continued talking.

"But I am restricted their access to that specific hangar bay until we figure out exactly where they are coming from. I'm going to have Hive security there just in case things go wrong....We'll wait and see if these University people are genuine."
Encrypted message
To: Admiral Garland of University escort group
From: Ambassador McBride of Hive Empire on planet Drone Mound

Welcome, Admiral Garland. I am Hive ambassador Colin McBride. Our glorious Emperor has assigned myself to be the official liason between our two governments. I have been briefed on the current situation between our two governments and hope that we can strengthen our relationship.

Since you are the first government that is officially welcomed into the Emperor's space, we offer you and your people a chance to see Hive life. Therefore, we invite you and a chosen few to land on this planet so we may give you an official tour.

We are sending you coordinates so that you may send one shuttle to one of our hangar bays. Please send us your response as soon as possible.

Last edited by Frankychan; April 1, 2002 at 15:35.
Old April 1, 2002, 14:21   #148
Lonestar
inmate
King

The Palace, Nuevo San Antonio

Ian leaned forward and turned off the holo of Yang's smiling face. He turned to his "Inner Cabinat", Ministers Kolasklar, Pym, Onate, Grant, and General McCarty.

"Thoughts?"

Grant scratched his beard. "Hmmm....he's scared. We're a unknown, and being a creature that hides in the shadows, he fears the unknown. I recomend that we do as he says, and withdraw any...Ranging ships we may have exploring that general area."

Inteligence Minister Jose Onate spoke next. "Our inteligence on the GHE is spotty at best. Most comes from agents we have among the Gaians. What we do know, however, indicates that we would be unable to prosecute a offensive war without extensive outside help. Would the Dosi be willing to provide such help?" Grant was shaking his head.

"No, only defensive measures. The Ambassador has informed me that the Emperor considers this to be a 'internal species affair', and will only fight to prevent Protectorate Holdings from falling."

"So we're indestructible." Ian mused. He leaned back in his chair and took a sip of the Dr. Pepper on his desk. Like any good Texan, he prefered that elixer above all others. "And, of course, the GHE is too large and too populated to conquer on our own. Unless we had our own tricks up our sleeves." He looked at Pym and Kolasklar. Onate was curious at the expression, he had only just recently become a Minister, and didn't know what was going on. Pym spoke.

"I spoke to CEO Stone yesterday sir, he says there are...problems with the "Cyber" program, and he expects it delayed for another year."

Ian was quiet for a moment. "I am going to kill him over and over gain." Everyone else in the room shuddered, remembering he had done something similiar to Spartan leader Laurence Tarwater. "Fine. Minister Onate, use our remaing assets in Morgan Industries to find out what it's diplomatic channel is. It is time for us to be known."
Old April 2, 2002, 20:07   #149
Frankychan
King

Hive Fringe
Hive Expeditionary Fleet under command of Admiral Bippol

The last reports were coming in that the last three troop ships arrived...the last carrier arrived just moments before. The admiral turned to the communications officer.

"Patch me into Hive command." The small Fran ordered.

Seconds later, Warmaster Kang's visage shimmered on the viewscreen. Kang's mouth was ringed with fresh blood.

"Warmaster, our fleet is ready to depart on your orders." Bippol couldn't help but be distracted by the blood dripping down the Bulwark's fangs.

"Good, your fleet will wait at our deepspace station near the Morganite colonies of Samnos and Naxos. Once there, you are to keep your ships on red alert and ready to attack the pathetic Morgans."

The Fran bowed in compliance while the Warmaster's image dissipated from the viewscreen.

"Give the order to jump to FTL to the other ships. We must not fail the Emperor."

After a few minutes of ship-to-ship communique, the Hive Expeditionary Fleet engaged in FTL travel, heading for their spacestation near the Morganite colonies.
Old April 2, 2002, 23:42   #150
Lonestar
inmate
King

Morganite Capital System

The 2.5 km long 'Santa Fe' battleship Golden Horn entered real space some 300,000 km from the Morganite Capital world. Almost instantly, it was bombarded with hails from the System Defense force. Several large and well-armed vessels took up Firing position.

Captain Fox shook his head, and simply tapped the "transmit" button on his chair console. The Galaxy was about to change once more.

---------------------

To: CEO Nwbuneke Morgan, Moragn Intersteller
From: Lord Protector Ian McDiarmid of the Protectorate of Man
Subject: Greetings and Salutations!

Mr. Morgan, I pray that when you recieve this, your forces wioll not have destroyed my vessel.

Please, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ian McDiarmid, Lord Protectorate of Beta Hydri, Roving, and RE 123. I am sure you are wondering what faction or subfaction I orginiated from. I have sent a brief synopsis of the Protectorate's history, and I would be more than willing to sit down and chat with you on this later.

Sir, For 700 years now, my government has remained hidden from Humanity at large, which is just how we like it. However, times are changing, and it is now my decision that we should open up communications with the 'Galactic Club', as it were. Certainly, this would be very profitable for both us and you. I already have several Fortune 100 CEO's clamoring for buisness trips to your fine capital!

On a more serious note, we have watched with interest your conflict with the Terren Alliance. We worry that this war may get out of hand, and before long Humanity's home will be attacked directly. We would prefer that not to happen.

Therefore, I hereby offer my services to Mediate between the Believers/Morgans/Saturnia and the Terren Alliance. I know you are the most influencial of the allies, and I hope you will accept my offer.

If you do accept my offer, we can begin trade immediately. You will find that our tariffs will be low, however, our trade laws allow us to mirror other nations trade practices. Should you jack up Tarriffs, we will. Being the Free-Market gentleman that you are, I am sure there will be no problems.

Finally, I would like to invite you to take a tour of our fair capital city of Nuevo San Antonio. It is, I think, a lovely city. Of course, I am a bit biased.

I eagerly await your response.