Old December 3, 2001, 16:35   #1
carioca
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
After testing, I agree (Coruption)
After playing several games, yes, coruption is way out of control.

As an example, playing on the map provided with the game with my capital at Buenos Ares, and a test city west of Fortelza, the sest city only produced 2 sheilds out of 14. and this under Democracy.....

Just not worth changing government from Despotism.
Old December 3, 2001, 16:46   #2
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 12:56
What I don't like are those checkered floors they put in kitchens. They make me dizzy.
Old December 3, 2001, 16:50   #3
Kolyana
Warlord

Local Time: 11:56
Walk with one eye closed and the other skywards. Works for me.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.
Old December 3, 2001, 16:55   #4
Allemand
Warlord

Maybe you should stay out of the kitchen

I agree, corruption is too high especially on the huge maps. I would like a small improvement or the ability to change it. I might expect cities halfway around the world to be more corrupt, but not to the point of only one shield per turn production.
Old December 3, 2001, 19:50   #5
Bad Ax
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:56
I'm just curious...

Has anyone tried altering Police Stations via the editor so that they also combat corruption? Does this improve gameplay?
Old December 3, 2001, 20:12   #6
uh Clem
King

Quote:
Has anyone tried altering Police Stations via the editor so that they also combat corruption? Does this improve gameplay?
1. Yes
2. Slightly
Old December 4, 2001, 08:07   #7
Kolyana
Warlord

I'd alter Police Sations, but by what the mods say - this sort of customization screws up the tech tree, so bugger that.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.
Old December 4, 2001, 09:02   #8
Antonin
Chieftain

If the patch addresses the corruption "problem," I hope it gives us a corruption slider with the choices "crybaby" for you whiners and "normal" for the rest of us.
Old December 4, 2001, 09:05   #9
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 19:56
crybabies have to tatoo a teardrop just like johnny depp did
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old December 4, 2001, 09:10   #10
Moraelin
Warlord

Actually, no, it doesn't screw the tech tree. You're editing a building, not a tech.

As for the corruption, IMHO the main problem lies elsewhere. Namely, in the map sizes tab of the editor. If you do the maths, the map surface (and thus the number of cities that fit) increases MUCH faster than the ideal number of cities. So if you expand to fit the map, on Tiny you won't have much of a problem, while on Huge you'll run into a problem very quickly.

There also seems to be no taking the water surface and stuff into account. I.e., they're not adjusted with the actual usable surface stuff.

The AI's colonization strategy doesn't help, either. Most of the time it seems to place cities every 3'rd square, or fit into every single one square free space on my border (or within my borders). So when they deffect to me because of culture, all I get is more corruption, and a useless city that can't even harvest anything from more than 5-6 squares.

Try making those ideal city numbers increase by a factor of two at each size. Personally I've set it on Tiny to 6, but the next map size gets 12, then 24, 48, and finally 96.