View Poll Results: What do you think should be done with the situation of GGS?
GGS was born dead. Let's just make it formal, shall we? 3 21.43%
It's pointless to continue. Let's join the Clash/Freeciv development or try to get our ideas come through in some other way. 0 0%
There's still hope, but only if we heavily downgrade our megalomaniacal expectations. 5 35.71%
Nothing wrong with our expectations, it's the project organization that needs an overhaul. Our sloppy anarchist model just doesn't cut it. 3 21.43%
Sure, things are slow but they'll get better. Everyone just needs to shape up, starting with me. 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 14, 2002, 21:15   #31
Mark_Everson

Local Time: 13:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hi GGSers:

I hope you can ramp up some progress too. Best of luck! I check by frequently to see what you're up to. I do rarely post though, because I've so many other things I need to do.

Long ago we talked about the possiblity of merging our two projects because their goals were so similar, anyone remember? There's got to be a Long thread on it back there somewhere... We decided not to for a variety of reasons, but I Still think the similarities in goals are Very strong between our projects.

As I said, I hope you can get your project re-invigorated. But in the meantime, I would like to extend the invitation to one and all to give Clash a visit! There are a lot of creative people here with good ideas, and I would love to hear your thoughts on our demos, and models. S. Kroeze, if you're interested I'd surely like to hear about any big historical Fun opportunities we've missed. I think you'd like our detailed economics model.

So, guys, if you're burnt out on actually working and would just like to armchair-quarteback a bit please drop by and tell us what you think. I strongly believe that in the absence of a completed GGS, Clash will be the closest thing to what you are working towards. You can look at demo 6 to see the detailed Clash economy, or how the simultaneous moves work, and might work in your own system! Of course its not polished yet, but I think you can get a good idea. People said simultaneous moves would be no good because you don't get the immediate feedback you do in Civ on whether an attack worked or not. But I find it Much more exciting to watch the clock tick and see if those critical reinforcements get to the city in time to prevent it being overrun!

So if you're inclined, please stop by and tell us the directions You would like Clash to go in. Then Get Back to WORK!

Best Regards,

Mark
Old January 25, 2002, 18:31   #32
Nath
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:56
Quote:
Hmm, that's not supposed to happen! It doesn't actually do that on my system, does it do that on anybody elses? On mine it is really transparent, just like a windows cursor, very bizarre.
The cursor problem disappeared when I upgraded to XP.
Old February 15, 2002, 12:05   #33
Nath
Chieftain

I suggest we have a meeting on Monday (maybe 2000 GMT) to sort out this lack of activity.
Old February 17, 2002, 18:21   #34
S. Kroeze
Prince

Local Time: 17:56
I applaud this initiative -though I will not participate in it!
I do not have ICQ.

I hope something still can be organised.
Old February 18, 2002, 05:33   #35
Nath
Chieftain

You don't need ICQ - you can use the chat thingy at the website (http://ggstoc.sourceforge.net/index....hp&opt=Contact) and if that doesn't work you can download mIRC at www.mirc.com.