Old December 3, 2001, 18:39   #1
Herder
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Possibly a "cheap" fix for late game tedium
I have been pondering a simple fix that Firaxis could make that would somewhat alleviate late game tedium.

How about a repeat command?

This way when you have to move a stack you can just select the unit and activate the command.

What do you guys think?
Old December 3, 2001, 19:14   #2
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 12:57
Could you explain the feature in a bit more detail? Give an example of how it might work.
Old December 3, 2001, 19:55   #3
cassembler
Prince

I think what he's sayin is like, assign shortcut key "r" for repeat. (Yeah I know "r" is taken, but work with me.)

Ok so to move a stack of units one square north, you'd hit "shift+r" (to _record_ the move) and then move the first unit north. Then, when the next unit is activated, just type the shortcut "r" and the unit moves north.

The only problem I see with that is that the game likes to auto select new units in a funky order. Like I'll have a stack of four archers and two horsemen, and it'll activate the four archers, then some worker in BFE, and then the horsemen...
Old December 3, 2001, 21:27   #4
Herder
Chieftain

Cassembler: Almost right but simpler.

Just assign the key and hit it. Sometimes you may want all your waiting units to go to a certain spot regardless of type.

Lets say the key is Tab for instance.

I hit shift-R to order an airplane to re-base in moscow. The next waiting unit is also an airplane that I want there so I would hit tab. The next waiting unit is a worker but I want to finish moving all the planes so I hit W to have the unit wait and proceed to keep hitting tab everytime a plane came up.

Now that I only have workers waiting (since I passed them earlier) I want them to move towards Leningrad. I give the move order to the first worker then each worker that comes up I just hit tab.

It would repeat the last order that you gave. I'm sure there are some conditions that need to be checked (ie can this unit perform this function?) but seems eminently elegant and doable.