Old May 13, 2000, 20:27   #1
MarkG

new in ctp2: urban planner. an idea for civ3?
apparently, in ctp2 there will be a new unit in the present times, which will be able to build a city with a decent population and the basic buildings

if ballanced correctly, i think it would be interesting. what do you think? could this be used in civ3?

Old May 13, 2000, 22:06   #2
OrangeSfwr

I like this idea. I've been posting on a thread with a few other Apolytoners about this topic. Cities that are built past 1500 are usually no good, and this is just not true. New York City was essentially "built" in 1700s and it's one of the largest economic/demographic areas of the world. I don't want to repost my (and everyone elses) ideas so if you want to go check out that thread, please do and post any comments you have. The name of it escapes me but it shouldn't be hard to find. Comments please...

------------------
~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~

Old May 13, 2000, 22:29   #3
Par4
King

Local Time: 16:20
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I like this idea a lot although I this unit is modern and Rome planned all its cities out on paper to maximize housing locations from water, jobs, forum, markets, temples. They were very well thought out and highly efficent. Maybe the construction of a great building(other thread) could give you urban planners earlier. This should definately be in Civ3, CTP2 is gonna be pretty good I'll get it, if it sucks return it, I hope civ3 uses alot of the new ideas from ctp2.

------------------
I use this email
(stupid cant use hotmail)
gamma_par4@hotmail.com
Don't ask for golf tips
Your game will get worse