Old December 4, 2001, 22:02   #1
Vonotar
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Time to stop short-changing South America and Oceania
This is my first new thread so please don't thwack me!

I've read the 'Remove America cos they are new' type threads and other 'add this civ' / 'remove that civ' and at the risk of kicking off even more arguments have decided to start this thread.

Here's the basic idea - I want to create two lists of 16 civs, the first list will be all Ancient civs (so no suggesting America, Australia, Canada etc).

The second list will be all Modern civs (so no Aztec, Sioux, Romans, Persians etc)

However the more crutial point of these two lists will be to try and balance the world map, to this end i'm looking for the following.

- 2 Civ's in Africa
- 3 Civ's in Asia
- 3 Civ's in Europe (upto Ural Mountains)
- 2 Civ's in North America
- 2 Civ's in South America
- 1 Civ in Middle East (Babylon/Persian Area)
- 2 Civ's in Australasia

Making a total of 15 Civ's, I'm open to suggestions as to the location of #16

Having been recently playing a decent version of the world map with all the civ's in there correct starting position it strikes me that Europe and North America are over subscribed while South America and Australasia have nothing!

If we can get some sort of consensus going then we could turn our attention to actually creating the civ's and two decent scenarios (in so-far as scenarios can be created at the mo)

Hopefully this will give us a break from the 'Civ3 is broke/no its not' debate and allow some of the talent that I know exists on these forums to shine thru

Vonotar

p.s. if any Aussies would like to tell me what you call the collective area of Australia and the Pacific Islands I would be grateful (I've heard at least three different names for it!)

Last edited by Vonotar; December 5, 2001 at 20:37.
Old December 4, 2001, 22:45   #2
Lung
King

Local Time: 04:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Balanced World Map
Quote:
Originally posted by Vonotar

p.s. if any Aussies would like to tell me what you call the collective area of Australia and the Pacific Islands I would be grateful (I've heard at least three different names for it!)
The most apt would be Oceania. Australasia will also suffice, but it's generally it's only considered to include Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and islands within a similar distance of Australia. To include all South Pacific islands, you should go with Oceania. We don't need it to be Australo-centric. We know the pacific revolves around us anyway