Old May 14, 2000, 11:23   #31
OrangeSfwr

Coming back to the main reason I started this thread (not that I wish to stop talking about the Communist system, b/c I don't)...

Par - you sparked an idea in my head when you said military base in your last post. The US has military bases in many countries (not Embassies, Military bases). Maybe that could be a way to have units stationed around the world without discontent (for Republic/Democracy. Or in the case Dalgetti and I are talking about, any govt except Fundamentalist) For example, the US (sorry to keep using US for all non-americans, but it's what I know best) we have a base in Lebanon that was attacked a few years back by Islamic martyrs. With Allies you should recieve a base in their city (making war against a rival civ much easier). For example: during WWII we had hundreds of thousands of troops in London for the Normandy (D-Day) landing. I think 9,000 infantry and 2,000 mobile units? (that could be wrong)

This also ties in with the discontent. Maybe if units are within so far of a civ that you are at war with they casue discontent but if you're at peace or Allied, no discontent at all. Cease fire - same as war.

Example: Babylonians and Aztecs are allied against Chinese. Beijing and Ur are 3 squares from each other and the Aztecs have 4 infantry units in Ur. Those units cause discontent, but after the war is over and there is peace between all three nations, the units cause no discontent.

Does this make sense? There would have to be a formula for this to work. Any comments?

------------------
~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~

Old May 14, 2000, 17:40   #32
Venger
King

Local Time: 18:20
Local Date: October 30, 2010

A more specific discussion of the government accuracy is starting in another thread in this section - the governments and production thread...

Venger
Old May 15, 2000, 15:33   #33
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Here I come back again . My idea of troops lost , not troops outta town . btw OrangeSfwr
I also don't fully support Communism . I say the same thing that you say : in a perfect world it would be perfect .

P.S. I know you wanted to get the topic back , but anyway : Glassnost :
Communism with 40%-50% luxury makes almost any city selebrate , and if celebrations take place then trade is like in Republic/Democracy.

so the perfect arrangement is :
Communism
40% luxury
40% science
20% gold

------------------
-------------------
Enslave the enemy .
Old May 16, 2000, 06:55   #34
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:20
quote:

Originally posted by OrangeSfwr on 05-14-2000 11:23 AM
we have a base in Lebanon that was attacked a few years back by Islamic martyrs

OrangeSfwr:
. Don't have a base in Lebanon . no use .
once we'll get outta lebanon the Syrians will Have to get outta lebanon too . coz what they say is that we are Conquering lebanon and they are liberating it .
actually they are conquering it , and all we want to do is to live safely in our North .
and they use Islamists to attack our north so they could have the Golan heights . If you don't have a clue about what I am saying take a look at the map .

------------------
-------------------
Enslave the enemy .
Old May 16, 2000, 11:47   #35
Thantos
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:20
I think the mix and matching system of goverement found Alpha Centauri would actualy work better than a blanket form of goverment. It would allow the players to create distinctly different civs from each other and allow them to more closely create the civ that they want.
Old May 16, 2000, 11:51   #36
Thantos
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:20
As far as unhappiness caused by units stationed outside of your territory I would eliminate it for units stationed in allied territory, and also ignore it for naval vessals in international waters.
Old May 16, 2000, 17:29   #37
OrangeSfwr

quote:

Originally posted by Dalgetti on 05-16-2000 06:55 AM
OrangeSfwr:
. Don't have a base in Lebanon . no use .
once we'll get outta lebanon the Syrians will Have to get outta lebanon too . coz what they say is that we are Conquering lebanon and they are liberating it .
actually they are conquering it , and all we want to do is to live safely in our North .
and they use Islamists to attack our north so they could have the Golan heights . If you don't have a clue about what I am saying take a look at the map .

Yah, I always thought that myself. In 10 years I see lebanon becoming Syrian controlled land. The US did have a base though in Lebanon. I do understand what you're saying, Middle Eastern relations is one thing I know much about.

------------------
~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~