Old December 5, 2001, 23:27   #1
MikeinCA
Settler

Local Time: 10:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Automate Worker Needs Help
Here is something I find annoying about the Automate Workers...

When you have a lot of workers and all the work is complete, except the occasional pollution, you end up hitting the "Hold' or Skip turn button a lot. It sure seems to me that the Automated Worker should remain 'Automated' even if all the work is complete. It really is annoying having to click on every stinking worker each turn when all you want them to di is clean pollution.

How about something in the next Patch addressing this issue? Just keep the workers automated so I do not spend 50% of my time clicking the Skip button, or hitting the space bar.
Old December 5, 2001, 23:47   #2
Matte979
Warlord

Local Time: 18:04
Short. Fixed in upcoming patch both shift-A and A. Thats Automate with no change of existing and automate. When the worker has nothing to do it goes to closes city and waits.

its in the big patch thread somewhere. Soren i think answered that one.
Old December 6, 2001, 02:34   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis
I am pretty sure that you can get the functionality you want out of your worker (re: pollution) once the patch comes out using shift+A. Using that command, the worker will auto-improve land, but they won't switch mines/irrigation or chop down forests. They will, however, clean-up pollution, then go back to cities and just wait for more pollution to appear. In this patch, automated units ('A' or shift+'A') will now skip their moves instead of waking up. Workers with "orders" (road-to, clean up pollution, build road network) will still wake up when done.
For anyone that wants proof
Old December 6, 2001, 11:54   #4
MikeinCA
Settler

Local Time: 10:04
Oh good.... I was getting frustrated with this. That was easy. I did read the post about upcoming patch, but must have missed that part.

Thanks for pointing it out!