Old May 20, 2000, 04:34   #1
civiii.dk
Settler

Local Time: 00:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Dino's and Civ's
This is just to much!! Civ3 will be delayed yet another time, this time because of Dinosaurs! Cut the crap, cut Dinosaurs! I have until now waited 4 years for a Civ3, and now I'm told I'll have to wait two whole years more because a game called Dinosaurs has a bigger priority than the legend Civilization, where is the gaming community then heading?!!?! Come on, let's join up, everyone with the idea, complain to Firaxis, this can't be true!!!

I want Civ3 not Dinosaurs!! And I think many of you in here (ofcourse) supports this.

Go on, cut the crap
[This message has been edited by civiii.dk (edited May 20, 2000).]
Old May 20, 2000, 05:08   #2
Malignantx
Settler

i support the development of civIII and the tossing of dinosaurs in a big bonfire. I'd rather toy with people than dinosaurs..
[This message has been edited by Malignantx (edited May 20, 2000).]
Old May 20, 2000, 22:55   #3
tniem
King

Local Time: 19:21
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I love the Civ series and can't wait for Civ III, that is why I participate on this forum. However, I am looking forward to Dinosaurs. There is a good possibility that SMD will be unlike anything else that has been created (with evolution and such in a RTS game).

Any way, TBS is my favorite genre and Sid Meier my favorite designer but I don't want him to only make one type of game. I actually liked the original more than the sequel and my fear is that I will like Civ II more than III. So, I want Sid to go off and create different games so that when he comes back to Civ he can have a clear head and tons of ideas to make a totally revolutionary Civ Turn Based game.

Plus, SMD is slated right now before Christmas 2000. While I think it will be late at least it is almost done and canceling the project at this point should not have an effect on the final release of Civ III.
Old May 20, 2000, 23:06   #4
Malignantx
Settler

You like civI better than the sequel? I know in movies, usually the first is better but civII did add more gameplay and improved on graphics and diplomacy. Other things too. What makes CivI better than II?
Old May 24, 2000, 07:31   #5
Christantine
Chieftain

I think that CivIII should come first but remember we don't know what Dinosaur will be like.

I still say forget Dino's though unless they give us a detaled discription of what it is. I'm not sure if there is already.

------------------
I came, I saw, I conquered...my allies!!
Old May 24, 2000, 08:12   #6
L o k i

Don't be so ****ing stoopid.

What, you want to read from the middle of the book, then the beginning, and then read the end?

Give me a ****ing break, this is a trilogy here, you can't release the middle after the beginning, dumbasses.

Sure, we all want CivIII, but I'd rather it made ****ing sense, rather than throw the release dates out randomly.

Also, they have two teams, each one working on either Dinosaurs and the other on Civ3.

Civ3 is *currently* in production! K? Even if Civ3 was finished before Dinosaurs, Civ3 will STILL come out after Dinosaurs is released.

Don't piss me off, and ****ing try to support ruining the trilogy all because you want Civ3 to come out first.

Old May 24, 2000, 08:49   #7
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:21
Strange, I remember a certain movie triology that is having/had prequels - Civ3 could easily come out before Dinosaurs. And heh, remember that SMAC is already out and that should have been the last in the series...

But I don't quite agree with just making the poor Dinosaurs extinct - but rather, it shouldn't be too hard for Firaxis to concentrate on both games. Though I must say, I've already waited too long for Civ3!
Old May 24, 2000, 19:12   #8
Par4
King

Local Time: 16:21
Jeez loki you need a punching bag or a counselor or something. I am not interested in dinos the whole game sounds dumb but hey it could be good, but I want my civ3 just don't rush it. In other news I went to gladiator for the 10th time today, got out of school, such a magnificent movie especially the opening battle.

------------------
I use this email
(stupid cant use hotmail)
gamma_par4@hotmail.com
Don't ask for golf tips
Your game will get worse
Old May 24, 2000, 19:41   #9
Akron
Prince

Calm down man, I'm sure that dino's will be really cool. Sure, I too would rather have Civ III first, but you never know how good dino's is going to be. And yes, I have also been waiting just about forever for the next good civ game. Luckily, Ctp II is coming out this fall (I think). Hope that is good, it better be if Activision ever wants my money again. But just as long as Civ III does not get delayed past next June, I'm fine. Anyway, it is their decision, and its not like they will lose too many customers by delaying it. Whenever it comes out, I'm getting it.
Old May 24, 2000, 20:33   #10
tniem
King

quote:

Originally posted by Malignantx on 05-20-2000 11:06 PM
You like civI better than the sequel? I know in movies, usually the first is better but civII did add more gameplay and improved on graphics and diplomacy. Other things too. What makes CivI better than II?

Yes Malignantx, I did like I better than II. It is not because Civ I is a better game than Civ II it is because of how innovative Civ I was. Yes, there were games like it but the original was far beyond any other game in complexity and fun. Civ II was great but I had been playing the original for so long that the sequel did not hold my attention that long.

A year or two ago a list of the top 50 games came out. Both Civ and Civ II were on it. But it was the original that was in the top 5 (I believe 2 or 3). Civ II was great, but I loved Civ I for being something so far beyond anything else of the day that I could not stop playing it.