Old December 8, 2001, 17:27   #1
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 19:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
enemy mine
I wonder what civ3-mp will bring, having a very strange scenario in my mind.

two nations will meet very early in the game. nation A declares war to nation B. nothing unusual so far, but....

this war has been demanded by nation B! in the following both nations will spit out cheap units and send them into each others cheap spit out units. why? because this is the only way to get leaders. and leaders are way too powerful in the game. and there is no other way getting leaders.
production is nothing. even food is better for building. but leaders are supreme. having an early allied enemy will be the best guarantee that you get the early wonders and that you have powerful armies in the middle and later game.

that way declaring war to each other will become an act of alliance (which most probably wasn´t intended by the designer). there won´t even be a way to outlaw this kind of cooperating, since no one will be able to prove whether a war is real or a war is pretended. and it will be stupid to outlaw the war in itself.

strange concept. I really wonder what civ3-mp wil bring...
Old December 8, 2001, 17:56   #2
simwiz2
Warlord

Local Time: 13:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
hopefully it will have an option to disallow leaders.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.