Old December 8, 2001, 18:09   #1
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
nVidia refresh bug STILL not fixed!!!
I've installed the patch, as well as the latest Geforce driver; the game didn't work due to the refresh bug. I've tried the registry fix suggested in the forums; Civ 3 still didn't work.

This really is unacceptable! How can a patch address relatively trivial issues, such as game balance, but fail to address a bug that causes my monitor to go into a seizure!!?

Note that the refresh bug is not the same thing as the scroll bug.

I'd appreciate a response from a Firaxis employee.

Thanks in advance.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old December 8, 2001, 18:34   #2
Xentropy
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
Read the readme.txt for the patch. There are now ini file modifications which will fix the refresh bug for systems that have the problem. I don't remember what the lines are, exactly, but remember seeing them in the readme.txt. Something like refresh=75 to make sure it uses 75hz and the like.

The game can't automatically fix this bug, you have to tell it what refresh rate to use, and it'll use it. i.e. it's fixed to the best of their abilities. (Granted, the game could poll windows to determine your monitor brand and use the refresh rate windows says to use at a given resolution, and I'm not sure why it doesn't do this, but at least they DID put a fix in.)
Old December 8, 2001, 18:43   #3
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:12
Thank you very much!

I suppose this was a last minute addition to the patch.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon