Old December 9, 2001, 01:28   #1
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Blood & Iron (aka European Crisis) PBEM begins
Final version with the bugs corrected below I hope.

In any case, turn order:

Prussians- Henrik
French- Hodad
British- Scott
Russians- Jerkwaterbox
Austrians- JamesJKirk

Henrik, download the zip and commence the game, please.

Also, I hope there's no other scenario with the name Blood & Iron, although it does ring a bell...
Attached Files:
File Type: zip bloodiron21.zip (365.1 KB, 36 views)
Old December 9, 2001, 06:22   #2
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 19:13
"Die Berliner":
Collection of Headlines from the past month:

March 1th:
"Bismarck accuses the Austrians for intervening in the government of Schleswig!
Austria declares war on Prussia!"

In an extremely rude and bold move the Austrian government declared war on Prussia earlier today.
Shortly afterwards, the German Confederation and Switzerland delivered a war declaration to Riechskansler Heinrich von Bismarck, as they felt that "The Prussian interference with the affairs of the Austrian Empire and Schleswig are threatening the peace on the continent."
The government of Denmark, who also have claims to Schleswig also declared war shortly thereafter.
Foreign millitary analysists deem the prussian army to be totaly uncapable of handling so many enemies at the same time, the collapse of the young nation is expected to follow.
Yet this Zeitung thinks that our Prussian disciplin will prevail over the outdated and untrained troops of the agressors.
Brittain, France and Russia are strangely quite and uninterested of current affairs...
The Kingdom of Italy however has declared its support for the prussian cause and have declared war against Austria-Hungaria.
Rumours has it that they are preparing a major offensive in the Venizia area...
The follwoing days will be very exciting indeed, will the young nations of Prussia and Italy be crushed under the foot of the Imperial Dinosaur or will our glorious armies defeat what was and create a new power balance in Europe...
Johann Lohmander, Editor of Die Berliner

March 8th:
"Schleswig now a Prussian Province!"

As the war reaches its second week the government of Schleswig capitulates to Army Group Jutland, as General Paul von Grüssenwald and his army group marches on towards Copenhagen a new government has been formed in Schleswig, among the first things the new government did was to request total anexation by Prussia.

March 30th:
"Summary of the Austro-Prussian War":

What was first perceived as the death sentence of the Prussian nation has now turned out to be the birth of a new German nation!
All nation priviously in the Neutro-Confederation, Prussia, Switzerland and the Mayors of Prague and Kotowice signed a document marking the creation of a German nation!
With it's capital in Berlin this nation, consisting basicly off all nations conquered by the prussian army during the last month as well as Prussia itself, will be one of the most powerfull nations in europe, effictively absorbing Austrias lost role as a great power...
The new German nation has few enemies (Austria-Hungaria and Denmark), but also few friends (with Italy as the only nation who has recognized the new German state) the german Reichskansler Heinrich von Bismarck has undertaken a very friendly foreign policy, trying to make friends with most of the nations in europe, showing that they have nothing to fear from this new continental player.
A peace offer has been sent to the Netherlands and Belgium, as Germany holds no hostility towards these nations.
Attached Files:
File Type: net pmar1866.net (191.6 KB, 5 views)
Old December 9, 2001, 13:16   #3
Dr. Nick
Deity

Le Monde.- Mars 1866
Celebrations Held in Honour of Emperor Martin III
Paris.- Across France and Algiers, thousands of people held celebrations in honour of Martin III, Emperor of France, praising his person and his governance. His sound social and fiscal policies are making of France a rich industrial nation without enemies.

New Subsidies Set Aside for Public Works Programs
Paris.- The Emperor has set aside over 4000 Francs for the speeding of hundreds of public works programs, aimed at the industrialization and economic establishment of France. Stemmed within the sound policies undertaken by the government, thousands of Frenchmen will newly employed in the new public works and new moneies will be generated through these infrastructure upgrades.

Tensions in Europe Speed Devolution of Rome
Rome.- Thousands of French troops charged with garrisoning Rome and the Vatican have embarked back to Marseilles when they were recalled back home due to the growing tensions in Europe.

Meanwhile, defences along Alsace and Lorraine are being reinforced and thousands of French troops have been mobilised to the border due to the agressiveness of the Prussianisation of the minor Germanic principalities and duchies which have been annexed by the use of military or diplomatic force.

Emperor Martin has also warned von Bismarck about violating the neutrality of the Kingdoms of Belgium and The Netherlands.
Attached Files:
File Type: net frenchmoved1866mar.net (191.6 KB, 5 views)
Old December 13, 2001, 01:21   #4
Dr. Nick
Deity

Scott! It's only five minutes, joy week or not!

Old December 13, 2001, 04:14   #5
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 13:13
Calm yourself. I'll get to it once my exams are over.
Old December 13, 2001, 14:38   #6
Scott F
Prince

*does turn quickly during study break*

England is very angry that the scenario designer forgot our strategic possessions on Cyprus and Gibraltar when doing the map.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1866mar.net (191.6 KB, 6 views)
Old December 13, 2001, 17:39   #7
Dr. Nick
Deity

*takes note*

Also, when fixing the problem with the infantry, I have just realised that the Spanish inf was replaced by the Austrian cavalry. In the game, you'll find that invading Spain you find Austrians defending.

This doesn't make any real difference, as the Spanish Inf had the same defence values, and they will seldom attack.
Old December 13, 2001, 21:06   #8
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

ok, i will have my turn posted in an hour or two

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto
Old December 13, 2001, 21:49   #9
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 06:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Not to be a bit of a **** but i kinda updated your units abit and the scenario, please look, if you wanna modify it more ,ask the author, okies byes!
Old December 13, 2001, 22:37   #10
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Soundwave
Not to be a bit of a **** but i kinda updated your units abit and the scenario, please look, if you wanna modify it more ,ask the author, okies byes!
Old December 13, 2001, 23:54   #11
Soundwave
Prince

Buggar sorry guys, it wont post the whole scenario, but i'll post the units!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	units.bmp
Views:	22
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	7597  
Old December 14, 2001, 01:47   #12
Dr. Nick
Deity

Are those actual Italian uniforms from the time period or did you invent them? I like some of those changes.

Will use them in v2.2.
Old December 14, 2001, 01:49   #13
Dr. Nick
Deity

And, BTW, I am the author of this scenario...

*polishes shotgun*

Be happy I actually liked most of those changes...

Old December 14, 2001, 01:50   #14
Dr. Nick
Deity

But... have you played it? Did you like it? What did you think overall?

*pulls at soundwave's sleeve for comments*

Old December 14, 2001, 14:24   #15
Soundwave
Prince

Yes the are the actual Italian Uniforms, but its the Kingdom of Sardina (Piedmount) so I thought that would fit it with your scenario (I love redoing units, so they look better). I'm glad you like them. I loved the scenario at first, thats why i redid that kinda... i just added Malta, as British, (you should have event saying Alexander declears War on Anyone, who takes over Matla, since he had a bizar fantasy with the Kights of StJohn) and Gibratlar... Sedan(famos battle), Verdun (famous battle), i was quite dissapointed that if you had romania, you didn't have Constanta (major port) or Sofia (Bulgarian captial). And much more i guess... If you want any help i'd love to, i love the history peroid from 1815-1939. Oh another thing, if you dont mind i'm using some of the units in the 1815-1900 scenario (doesn't inculde WWI, bombers, use of siege guns, like 105mm...maybe!)

Thanks
Old December 14, 2001, 14:56   #16
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 10:13
Howdy, how are you doing today, .... (thinking about marketing strategy..)

Well, anyway, I have this small utility that you can download here http://apolyton.net/getfile.shtml?ht...postid=655423. It records your production item and shield progress in PBEM. When you lose a city the AI may change your production, so you need this to protect yourself.

This is such a good program that I have sold millions of copies of this in a single dream (actually posted it for days and so far there's only one download). If you download it in the next 5 minutes, I'll give you a buy 1 get 0 free bargain as well!
Old December 14, 2001, 16:16   #17
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Now I have 4 downloads. Thanks folks!

If it is your first turn to use the program, run it after civ MPE is running and you have taken control of your civ; then in subsequent turns, run the program after civ MPE is running but before you take control of your turn (so the program has a chance to replace your recorded production items). In either cases the program should be kept running throughout your civ session to record changes you made to city productions.
Old December 14, 2001, 18:55   #18
Dr. Nick
Deity

Soundwave, I am going to be adding Malta, Gibraltar and Cyprus when I release an updated version. Thanks for the tips.

Most of the units aren't mine, save for the ones marked MC. You're free to use any units marked MC just don't remove the tag.
Old December 14, 2001, 21:37   #19
Soundwave
Prince

What about Verdun?? Somme? Sedan?? Historical cities involved in the fighting, and many other things like Italian take over of Tunisia (maybe) dont forget at the time of your scen, Tunisia was NOT FRENCH, but a sultanta... thats when Italy was going to declear war on France... what about crimean war?? An event if russia took over constantiople, France, Austria, England, would declear war on it, and other things, do you want me to go on!!!!????
Old December 14, 2001, 23:35   #20
Dr. Nick
Deity

Shaddup now! I;m not quite handy with events files and even less with multiple events files.
Old December 15, 2001, 14:35   #21
Soundwave
Prince

Well when you have finished, i would like to join in a multplayer game of Blood&Iron, i like it alot! So tell me when you have finished El Awrence... i love France in this peroid, lead by a Emperor who try to please everying, and with that, loses his crown in the end.... so i would play France... PLEASE
Old December 15, 2001, 18:54   #22
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Maybe, rather than a city, an immobile unit could be used for Verdun, with a high defense value, but not super high, and if it's killed France can lose a bunch of money.

The Crimean War was before the timeframe of this scenario, I believe, but maybe a few more events here and there like the ones Soundwave mentioned wouldn't be too bad (if it's not too much trouble, of couse )

I think a few things here and there we intentionally not historical, like France being a Republic too early, and some territories, etc, it's a game, fun first!

One other thing about the units, on most of Russia's units, the colors of the Russian flag are in the wrong order, thought I'd point that out
Old December 15, 2001, 19:15   #23
Dr. Nick
Deity

Yeah, well, I did most of the work before FW and then I didn't have enough space other than multievents, which I still have trouble using, let alone making. I'll look into multievents when I release the next version or update it.

About the flag, yeah, I realised too late it was the Serbian flag. I'll correct that sometime soon.
Old December 16, 2001, 00:28   #24
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

I went ahead and did it myself..
I was bored, so here you go, I left the symbol in the flag, as I wasn't sure if it was an imperial thing:

Old December 16, 2001, 16:27   #25
Soundwave
Prince

Well i think it should be a city, because, it was! And the French and Britsih were not allied at this time, they were friends only with an 'understanding' of the balance of power in Europe...

And... with the flags I noticed that too!!

I got got some more units too.... if ya want them...

Please fix Tunisia, problem.... And maybe have Bristish (or French units hehe) for the Greek Indepence Rev... place them by events...

When will you have it done by?? Can i help in any way?

And are you up for a mulitplayer game?
Old December 16, 2001, 16:49   #26
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

I do agree that the Balkan powderkeg warrants some events, as it was (and is) the most volitile place on the continent, maybe have some cities down there represented by Neutrals and others by barbs or something, with events related to who captures which cities; ie the turks would typically be less welcome around there than the Austrians.

Yeah, I was kind of annoyed at the very premature Franco-British allliance, as it didn't come to any meaningful significance until Germany tried to get a badass navy, France-Russia would be okay though, and make Prussia think twice before taking on either of its neighbors.

If every place that could be called a city was represented by a city on the civ2 map, well there wouldn't be much room for anything

Also, I noticed Scott's turn has yet to be downloaded...interesting...
Old December 16, 2001, 17:06   #27
Dr. Nick
Deity

jerkwaterbox! Where is he?
Old December 16, 2001, 18:45   #28
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
jerkwaterbox! Where is he?

What a great exclamation his name makes..he said he'd play his turn "in a couple hours" a few days ago, also in the Crisis of NWO thread it's his turn, and he's posted recently, that's all I know! I swear! But he'd better play this turn before that other one!
Old December 16, 2001, 18:51   #29
Dr. Nick
Deity

grrrr... if he hasn't played in 48hs, we should go ahead and skip him.

Old December 16, 2001, 21:55   #30
Soundwave
Prince

I wanna PLAY!!!!!

I agree on the Russo-Franco Allicance... Can i say, your scenario will live thourgh the ages my liege...

Grrr.... Sedan Damn it!! (Napoleon III was captured there!! and Sedan was a major industrial city, sited near the Rhine)