Old December 10, 2001, 02:04   #1
Phoenix
Prince

Local Time: 12:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
From the ashes!
Hey whats up kids? Phoenix here, back with the old school civ2 style. So a few weeks ago my computer got wiped out by a virus, which means most of my scenarios are lost for good, but I reinstalled civ and had a brief resurgence of how much fun it was to play and all that. And then I downloaded Charlemagne (a great scenario by me! ) from The Spanish Civ II site and realized that....well....it could be better. So I messed around with it....and I have an update of it. (Not a big one, but an update) so does anyone know where I should send it? Can I send files to Jesus Balsinde still? Someone tell me whats goin on.

Peace!
Old December 10, 2001, 02:08   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 13:15
you send it to markG, but not his poly email address, its messed up, attach it here or submit it at civfanatics.
Old December 10, 2001, 02:24   #3
Phoenix
Prince

no good!
Files too big to attach here....by like 65 kb...help! gimme an email address or something! please!
Old December 10, 2001, 02:31   #4
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

pm markG for his email address, i don't know it, tell him you have a civ2 scenario to submit
Old December 10, 2001, 05:34   #5
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Mr. T, welcome back!
Nice to hear from you. All we need is Squid and it's old home week. I even got an email from Blackclove a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the scoop: Jesus set up a Spanish site which took many good scenario types away though it was pretty good and mostly in English at first, but now it's mostly in Spanish so I don't go there any more, Cam and I took over the SDC #3 'cause it was being forgotten and Kull won the FW-Jason and the Argonouts part and some guy who we'd never heard of before (or since) won the ToT-Dracula part, then William got Cradle of Civilization made an Apolyton sponsored site, and Cam gave up SL 'cause he couldn't upload due to some server problem, so things stopped for several months on the SL site, a number of good new scenario makers popped up with great new stuff (take a bow Case!), then Markos tried to shut us down since the site wasn't updated, then everybody gave him hell so he relented, then Kull suggested that Warvoid share it with St. Leo and they said OK and Markos said OK, but nothing's happened since because Civ3 came out and it stinks and Markos has been too busy moderating all the forums which are very divided between the experienced fans who are mostly critical and all the newbees who think the sun shines out of Sid Meier's *ss, so the upload problem still hasn't been solved and the site still hasn't been updated, and we sent an open letter to Firaxis about the total lack of scenario capability in Civ3 signed by over 40 scenario makers and they totally ignored it so we're all pretty pissed off and that's about it, except some of us would like to know what you've been up to and if you're coming back?
Old December 10, 2001, 12:01   #6
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:15
Hey Phoenix, kinda missed you!
I'd say send it to Civfanatics. It is like the only place left, although they're civ3-infested as well (but you still have a chance).
I somehow do miss an up-to-date scenario page. Let's hope SLeague gets back soon.
Old December 10, 2001, 16:09   #7
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 04:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: no good!
Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
Files too big to attach here....by like 65 kb...help!
Split it up into two files
Old December 10, 2001, 20:01   #8
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 02:15
Re: Mr. T, welcome back!
Quote:
Originally posted by techumseh
Nice to hear from you. All we need is Squid and it's old home week. I even got an email from Blackclove a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the scoop: Jesus set up a Spanish site which took many good scenario types away though it was pretty good and mostly in English at first, but now it's mostly in Spanish so I don't go there any more, Cam and I took over the SDC #3 'cause it was being forgotten and Kull won the FW-Jason and the Argonouts part and some guy who we'd never heard of before (or since) won the ToT-Dracula part, then William got Cradle of Civilization made an Apolyton sponsored site, and Cam gave up SL 'cause he couldn't upload due to some server problem, so things stopped for several months on the SL site, a number of good new scenario makers popped up with great new stuff (take a bow Case!), then Markos tried to shut us down since the site wasn't updated, then everybody gave him hell so he relented, then Kull suggested that Warvoid share it with St. Leo and they said OK and Markos said OK, but nothing's happened since because Civ3 came out and it stinks and Markos has been too busy moderating all the forums which are very divided between the experienced fans who are mostly critical and all the newbees who think the sun shines out of Sid Meier's *ss, so the upload problem still hasn't been solved and the site still hasn't been updated, and we sent an open letter to Firaxis about the total lack of scenario capability in Civ3 signed by over 40 scenario makers and they totally ignored it so we're all pretty pissed off and that's about it, except some of us would like to know what you've been up to and if you're coming back?
Its a good thing you didn't go for the long version
Old December 10, 2001, 20:25   #9
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

It was just one sentence.
Old December 10, 2001, 22:51   #10
Phoenix
Prince

sigh
Well I emailed some dude over at Civfanatics, haven't heard back yet....I must say it is a quite impressive page. Clearly one of the best civ sites ever made....oh yeah and that guy gave my Underdark scenario 27 points! yah! I didn't think anyone would ever play that again after I begged everyone to and they all told me the art sucked.

Anyway....I'm emailing Mr. Balsinde right now so he updates the file....does anyone know of any other sites that have Charlemagne on them? If so I'd like to send them the file too....I hate old versions of scenarios flying about.

Do people still play civ2 scenarios? I got this strange urge to start making them again...its amazing how much you'll forget over the years....like how much fun it is!!!

Also....can I still edit my profile here? I've got no idea how....wow the internet looks mighty wierd if you don't get on for a long time...

Tech -

When I saw your name I thought 'I should download Prince of Darkness again' you see, I will always remember you for that scenario! Truly a wonderful game, even if I never beat your challenge! Thanks for the update! What happened to Squid? He was always a badass civer. And whats wrong with Civ3? It seems like it could be really good to me....keep in mind the original civ 2 didn't have any editing tools either, they came with the CiC and FW addons...not that I need to tell you that! MarkG tried to shut down Sleague, eh? Shows how far you can trust those Greeks....

Stefan -

Same thing, just substitute 'Artaxerxes' War Elephants and all that. Another one I need to download again....but I'll probably wait until I move and get my new computer and put a $4 trillion dollar anti virus shield around it or something like that. Nice to see you're also still around!

Case -

Nice idea, but I don't do newfangled stuff like that. Besides, I don't think Apolyton (other than Sleague, may its torch burn forever in greatness!) ever hosted a single one of my scenarios....why start now?

Phoenix breaks free!
Old December 10, 2001, 23:14   #11
Phoenix
Prince

whoops
Well the email address for Jesus Balsidne doesn't work....anyone know how I can get ahold of him?
Old December 10, 2001, 23:44   #12
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 02:15
Re: whoops
Quote:
Well the email address for Jesus Balsidne doesn't work....anyone know how I can get ahold of him?
Make a thread in the Spanish Forum titled "Why are you guys speaking such funny English?"
Old December 11, 2001, 00:18   #13
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 10:15
Hi MrTemba, you remember the guy with the funny name nobody could ever pronounce right? If you got ToT, check out the Dracula scenarios that Techumseh mentioned. And civfanatics is a great site, currently my favorite civ2 site, but more distinguished people visit these forums so here I am.
Old December 11, 2001, 01:05   #14
Phoenix
Prince

Hungarians!!!!!
Dude....with a name like that it just rings bells in my head. Jeszenka. Michael Jeszenka.....also known as mjeszenka....and Archangel....you made Danube! and ya know a few of those silly scenarios about that little disagreemnt in the 40s. I have test of time somewhere....I didn't really like it all that much....but if people made scenarios for it...that may change my mind. good to see you're still around too!

I'll post that thread in the Spanish forum right away!
Old December 11, 2001, 01:06   #15
Phoenix
Prince

oh and...
Sword of Shannara! One of the best fantasy scenarios ever made! (along with Lord of the Rings of course). Took me a second to remember that one....silly me.
Old December 11, 2001, 19:28   #16
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Re: sigh
Quote:

Also....can I still edit my profile here? I've got no idea how....wow the internet looks mighty wierd if you don't get on for a long time...
Click on "Control Panel" in the top left of the page. Your profile is in there.